No it should be: Karvonen man of dishonesty, Mike is still cool.

Skip to the first unread message

Mc

11 Sept 1998, 03:00:0011/09/1998
In this latest and greatest debate over: good book vs. bad book, making
a point vs. being a net troll, professionalism vs. non-professionalism,
stating an opinion vs. presenting facts, having a reasonable discussion
with a human being vs. flaming a stupid-idiotic-anime nazi-jerk, I have
to answer this post that K-rapper left behind. Unfortunately, it was so
long that not all of the message could be answered. Obviously, K-rapper
loves to leave long posts where every nook and cranny has to be answered
so he can make those wonderfully stupid wisecracks that makes him feel
like a king(Rodney King that is) ;) I feel there are some points that
were questionable and I just want to set the record straight, plus get
in a few punches of my own. I normally search this NG for people wanting
help and information, but this has turned a little personal for me and I
couldn't resist. :)

> In article <35EFF2...@earthlink.net>, karv...@earthlink.net wrote:
> Well, well. I've just finished a particularly tough set of deadlines,
> including writing over 20 pages of manga.

BFD (translat: Big F***ing Deal)

>> Hasn't your job obliged you to be courteous to people?

> That depends on how courteous THEY are.
> My job doesn't obligate me to tolerate abuse aby more than you 'job'
> obligates you to not lie on rec.arts. anime.
> People get the treatment from me that they give to me in the first
> place-just like you get it.

WRONG! You give out crap, you will take crap! <cliche>If you don't like
the heat then stay out of the kitchen.
Just like what you did at that anime panel at San Diego 1997...or did
you forget on purpose again???

>> That's what professionalism is about;

> No. it isn't: Professionalism is about doing your job, and doing it
> well-and I do that, and I do it the best.

I am sure Bandini pays you very well.

>> after all, your arguments with us are riddled with errors.

> You've never found one. Neil has found EXACTLY one, but hey, nobody's > perfect. I'm just darn close.

Let me see...
* Claiming you write with the degree of accuracy that Fred Schodt
and Helen McCarthy write. When you can't even type or spell
correctly over this NG. (just look at the previous posts is good
enough proof.)
* Your argument with Neil Nadelman and Carl Horn over the setting of
Wings of Honneamise(see above)
* The conflict between Animerica and you personal interview
and mis-interpretations of Wings
* Comparing a sub to a dub when a dubbed version was not available
to compare with.
* The price difference of a dubbed video and a subbed video when
the difference in price was as low as $5 more instead of $20 more
as a REALLY BIG difference. Doesn't know his math and he calls
himself a physics major.
* In that 98 FAnzine issue, not seeing an audience survey, when
in fact at least four industry professionals plus the audience
did. TWICE!
* In that 98 FAnzine, Streamline's dialogue of Laputa, when in
fact, Laputa was already dubbed into English, because it was the
same one shown at the World Animation Film Festival before
Streamline Pictures was even formed. All Carl did was
distribute it.
* That 97 FAnzine issue, where you confidently, arrogantly,
and sarcasticly proclaimed, "it's METAL not MAYTEL, she's an
android, she's made of metal get it?" then, in the next 97 FAnzine
issue, wrote
a correction that it was or MAY have been MATER, as in mother,
not METAL as mentioned in the previous issue.
* Getting Island Records confused with USMC instead of Manga
Entertainment as ownwers.
* Got the producers of Robotech wrong. It was Revell not Matchbox
toys that lent the name.
* Interrupted a SDCC panel, but denies it.
* Claims panel addressed him, but did not.
* Claims to have been harrassed during the panel, when in fact no
one did until probably after the panel.

So far I count 13. I am sure with a little more digging in the past
posts I can come up with a few more. BTW, most if not all this stuff is
in print and most of it is available to the public. KJ really shot
himself in the foot this time.
That's about as darn close to perfect as Mt. Everest is to the bottom of
the Marianas Trench don't cha think? Keeping score???

>> You write for a 'zine

> A MAGAZINE. Get it right.

OK a FAnzine.

>> and your editor demands perfection?

> Oh, he's very demanding. Luckily, I can deliver.

So how many pizzas did his editor DEMAND that KJ have to DELIVER to the
office?

>> the continents are shaped differently.

> Yhey look just like earth continants turned upside down-like when
> you launch a rocket into orbit, and it's window is in the reverse
> orientation. Besides, the shape of the continants is irrelavant: a
> paralell universe earth doesn't have to have the same shape to it's
> continants.

It would look that way if you had you head in you keester and just
pulled it out. BTW, KJ spelled "continents" wrong 3 times consistantly.
Does that count as an error? Along with "parallel"? and "They"?

>> Beh. You just dump on Boston because I'm from there.

> No, I have a bias against places with lousy economies and weather in
> general.

Then DON'T go to Japan. Let see...the Japanese economy has been slumping
for the the last 5-10 years. Their banks and security exchanges has had
insider trading, embezzlement, fraud, and bad loans world wide. There
are cut backs in production. It is now back to 140 yen to the dollar
instead of 89 yen to the dollar.
The weather in hot and muggy in the months of August and September sort
of like Boston is in the summer and cold in the winters.
Hmmm... I'd say KJ should not deal with Japan either.

>> Prove otherwise. Show me a company that's still in operation today that releases only subbed versions of their stock.

> Anime village (BANDAI US). You lose.

First of all Bandai just got started and hasn't released much yet. Since
K-rapper can't read the previous line, it says "Show me a company THAT
IS STILL IN OPERATION TODAY..." which means, idiot, a long established
company like over 1-2 years NOT 3 months.
and not according to the recent posts. You lose.

>> Karvonenian logic: Demanding unlimited proof from your oppenent while >> providing none of your own.

> I've provisded lots, but you've provided NONE. The only piece of
> evidence you have is the billboard chart-which is highly questionable, > as I've shown. I however, have statements from the companies
> themselves, inside info from Japan, and baldface statements from the
> people concerned. you have nothing, by comparison.

Again a big mistake, Where are they??? What publication(s) can you name
that we can read for ourselves? How does one compare Japanese sales
figures from Japan to ones in America? What kind of twisted logic is
this?
If Karvonen can't, does not, or will not print the "SO CALLED INSIDER
INFO" Then Mr. Tool's statement above rings true. Thus making KJ a liar.

>> Welcome to the business world, where companies need money to stay
>> afloat.

> It's a question of squeezing as much profit as possible, not
> necessity.
> Greed is no excuse-and no justification.

Why not? Does K-rapper seriously think that the Japanese companies are
settling for just enough to pay the bills and not take in as much money
as possible? He must live in Russia.

> Unfortunately, I don't fit into the arrogant stereotype you love to
> throw around. For example, I don't just talk, I DO- and what I do , I > do well...

K-rapper is ARROGANT when he says he's always right and everybody is
wrong. Because that is the definition as Websters says. He has said it
many a times on this NG. If he does not fit the arrogant stereotype as
he claims, then he is lying.

> I produce.

A bunch of Bandini is right.

>> ... Kev, if they don't hire you after you submit a demo reel, that
>> means that either they don't think you're suited for the role, or
>> you're not talented.

> No, it means that they don't accept auditions.

Boy! Rationalizing a failure. How psychologically comforting!

> and MAcek did not produce MACROSS (or robotech).

>> He didn't produce Macross, but Robotech was his creation.

Macek did produce Robotech, not Macross, dumb*ss.

> No, it was 'created' (actually, 'excreted' would be a better word) by > Matchbox-who renamed the toys for the american market.

WRONG! bucko. Robotech was a license trademark name from the Revell
model company. It was they who lent the name in the first place. It was
Revell that bought the plastic molds from Imai and Arai of Macross,
Orguss, and Dougrams. It was Revell who put up the money to do the show.
It was Revell who pulled the purse strings, bucko. For someone who
always claims to research his material, KJ really blew this one.

>> I think it's about time we put some things to rest regarding your
>> 'pro' status. Thanks to the miracle of anonymous sources, I've
>> discovered that you are not, in fact, a full time writer

> Who said I was? You're a pro if you get paid. How many 'pros' work > 'full time' (40 hours a week? Most professionals in the industry (and > publishing) do not-and neither do I.

A professional as defined is some one whose primary work is their main
source of income, NOT based on if you get paid for work. KJ's main
source of income is not from writing, it is working for the City of
Oakland. Writing only makes him a semi-professional.

ex; You can get paid to rake your neighbors yard on weekends, but your a
college student full time. Does that make you a pro? NO.
Your main job is to drive a cab, but you write poetry on the side which
is it? Get a clue.

> However, if you consider yourself as a 'full time writer', than I am
> too: most of my government job is writing.

What? KJ a meter maid? holy sh*t!

>> your "professional" behavior,

> My professional behavior is in the magazine. Period.

He is right! His un-professional behavior must be everywhere else. Being
an *sshole outside the magazine must be his forte.

> Regarding 'condescending Assholes', there were one or two people
> there I have helped before-even to the point of giving them rides
> home and inviting them to dinner. If you want to find an 'asshole'
> that's where you'll find them.

At home, at dinner? Is that right.

>> --Barging in and disrupting a SDCC panel ; i.e., claiming you were
>> the "anime police" (while dressed as a Japanese cop) and continually >> interrupting the panelist.

> Get this straight: I was, am , and will probably continue to be, a
> guest of SDCC. Anything I say is therefore part of the panel, not an
> interuption.

WRONG! peanut brain. Let see... KJ came in at the last few minutes. KJ
yelled out, "your under arrest". No one had a clue as to who he was,
since he never told anyone who he was or who he represented. When Macek
or Robotech and SFOS was mentioned, he yelled out, "Macek was satan" and
"Antonia Levi's book was trash". He never raised his hand during the
panel to politely ask a question or make a statement. He spoke out of
turn with no regards to manners or protocal.
I'd say that was an interruption. He certainly was no guest of the
panel. No one invited him as a panelist. He just walked in and
interrupted when it suited him.

> Also, as I pointed out, I was adressed from the panel, not vica
> versa.

WRONG AGAIN! NO one asked him anything. The panel was confused as to who
this idiot was. Just ask Scott Frazier or Lea Hernandez or Fred Patten.
They had no idea what his beef was.

> In other words, I merely responded to the horrible bad manners and
> harrassment from a member of the panel.

WRONG AGAIN, #3. Again no one in the panel harrassed him during the
panel. Fred Patten may have been the one who had his dicussion with him
AFTER the panel but that was about it, as I was disgusted by the whole
thing.

>> --Submitting un-inked roughs of your Ninja High School submission to >> Antarctic.

> Which they published. To Tery's annoyance.

As far as the NHS submission. If the roughs got printed it was because
he "BUFFALLOED" his way in by giving it directly to Ben, which was a
mistake, instead of Herb who might have stopped it from being published
because it wasn't finished, because Ben was too busy to give a damn.

The rest of the stuff was cut out because it was worthless, idle
conversation, insults, and junk. It just goes to show you that K-rapper
is quite capable of being very weak on being right. If so many of his
points can be countered, then how can you trust him. You don't. To make
a sound conclusion, read all points of view, find out the facts before
you come to a conclusion. KJ obviously can't. His cerebral cortex uses
his reptilian functions. No logic, just emotional instinct. It was fun
running through this trash. I expect K-rapper to either respond with the
usual insults, editing, rhetoric. It would seem that no matter how much
he gets caught lying, he'll always come up with a counter punch. Let see
if I'm right.

Ja
mc