Sailor Moon Live Action Movie

D Mico

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

Uh? Is there anybody out there that knows anything about a Sailor Moon
live-action movie. The last time I herd about it was on the internet through
"The Brain's Sailor Moon Homepage" and through the "SOS" homepage. Please let
me know.

Sinecerely
Micoman
Dedicated "Moon Maniac" or "Moonie"

Doug Jacobs

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

D Mico (mi...@pathcom.com) wrote:
: Uh? Is there anybody out there that knows anything about a Sailor Moon
: live-action movie. The last time I herd about it was on the internet through
: "The Brain's Sailor Moon Homepage" and through the "SOS" homepage. Please let
: me know.

I don't know about a movie, but there was a Sailor Moon theatrical musical
in Japan...

Invid fan

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

heh. Maybe someone will dust off the Psycic Girl Mai musical Tim Burton was
going to direct :)

--
"Say, Rose? Do you believe in Magic?" ! Chris Mack
"Not really, no. But that's NOT what you're asking me." ! 'Invid fan'

Ataru Moroboshi

Oct 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/18/96

D Mico wrote:

> Uh? Is there anybody out there that knows anything about a Sailor Moon
> live-action movie. The last time I herd about it was on the internet through
> "The Brain's Sailor Moon Homepage" and through the "SOS" homepage. Please let
> me know.

From last week's Variety:

"Japanese cult cartoon comes to Hollywood"

"New Line Cinema has recently picked up the rights to produce a
live-action version of the hit Japanese animated TV show and comic book
series "Sailor Moon", which also has a strong cult following in the
United States. Alicia Silverstone is set to star as the title character,
the superheroine Sailor Moon, whose alter ego is a clumsy high school
girl named Serena. It is also going to feature Johnny Depp as Tuxedo
Mask, a masked superhero who is also Serena's love interest. No director
has been announced yet, though it is rumored that Tim Burton is
extremely interested. It is set to start filming early next year."

--
*-----Rev. Drew Webber-----aka Ataru
Moroboshi...@warwick.net-----*
| "Psychos do NOT explode when sunlight hits them.. I don't give a fuck
|
| how crazy they are!" - Seth, From Dusk till Dawn

|______________________*a SuPeRdEfOrMeD
Production*______________________|

Paul Cordeiro

Oct 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/18/96

On Fri, 18 Oct 1996, Ataru Moroboshi wrote:

> From last week's Variety:
>
> "Japanese cult cartoon comes to Hollywood"

[...]

> Alicia Silverstone is set to star as the title character,
> the superheroine Sailor Moon, whose alter ego is a clumsy high school
> girl named Serena. It is also going to feature Johnny Depp as Tuxedo
> Mask, a masked superhero who is also Serena's love interest.

Looks like someone discovered this information six months and 17 days
too late... I would have believed a Japanese live-action movie, though.

****Madoka*Ayukawa***Setsuna*Meiou****Linna*Yamazaki***Kiyone*Makibi****
* *
* / PAUL CORDEIRO, juurokusai. \ My email address?! Oh, alright.. *
* \ "Oh yeah, that's the goods!" / shi...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca *
* *
****Shayla*Shayla***Natsumi*Tsujimoto****Arisa*Mitaka***Ukyou*Kuonji****

Doug Jacobs

Oct 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/18/96

Ataru Moroboshi (at...@warwick.net) wrote:
: From last week's Variety:

: "Japanese cult cartoon comes to Hollywood"

: "New Line Cinema has recently picked up the rights to produce a

: live-action version of the hit Japanese animated TV show and comic book
: series "Sailor Moon", which also has a strong cult following in the

: United States. Alicia Silverstone is set to star as the title character,

: the superheroine Sailor Moon, whose alter ego is a clumsy high school
: girl named Serena. It is also going to feature Johnny Depp as Tuxedo

: Mask, a masked superhero who is also Serena's love interest. No director

: has been announced yet, though it is rumored that Tim Burton is
: extremely interested. It is set to start filming early next year."

Is that the same Tim Burton who was supposedly directing the 'Mai
The Psychic Girl' rock-musical movie? ;)

I'll believe it when I see it...

fsummers

Oct 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/18/96

Holy cow. Me hope that tis is not true! If you characters out here complained about
the NA release of the animated series, I can imagine the stentch that will flitter about
here once this abomination is set into motion. Personally, I watched Sailor Moon like a
mad fanatic and I'm sure I can be diagnosed with sereena-itis.
Hmmm, maybe I shoulln't even have replied to this posting in the first place for I
only seem to be aiding in the spread of a falsehood. Oh well :)

Frank

D Mico

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

In article <Pine.A41.3.95.961018...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>,
Paul Cordeiro <shi...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Oct 1996, Ataru Moroboshi wrote:
>
>> From last week's Variety:
>>
>> "Japanese cult cartoon comes to Hollywood"
>[...]

>> Alicia Silverstone is set to star as the title character,
>> the superheroine Sailor Moon, whose alter ego is a clumsy high school
>> girl named Serena. It is also going to feature Johnny Depp as Tuxedo
>> Mask, a masked superhero who is also Serena's love interest.
>
>Looks like someone discovered this information six months and 17 days
>too late... I would have believed a Japanese live-action movie, though.
>
>****Madoka*Ayukawa***Setsuna*Meiou****Linna*Yamazaki***Kiyone*Makibi****
>* *
>* / PAUL CORDEIRO, juurokusai. \ My email address?! Oh, alright.. *
>* \ "Oh yeah, that's the goods!" / shi...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca *
>* *
>****Shayla*Shayla***Natsumi*Tsujimoto****Arisa*Mitaka***Ukyou*Kuonji****

Okay so I know that it's already out. Now would you mind telling me which
Hollywood Movie company is doing this? Either Major or independant? I would
like to know.

Sincerely

Derek Janssen

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

D Mico wrote:

> >> "Japanese cult cartoon comes to Hollywood"
> >[...]
> >> Alicia Silverstone is set to star as the title character,
> >> the superheroine Sailor Moon, whose alter ego is a clumsy high school
> >> girl named Serena. It is also going to feature Johnny Depp as Tuxedo
> >> Mask, a masked superhero who is also Serena's love interest.
> >
> >Looks like someone discovered this information six months and 17 days
> >too late... I would have believed a Japanese live-action movie, though.

> Okay so I know that it's already out. Now would you mind telling me which

> Hollywood Movie company is doing this? Either Major or independant? I would
> like to know.

Neither:
Alicia's not playing Serena, since she's too busy playing Sabrina ["Bewitched:
the Movie"]--Right after she finishes playing Batgirl...
(Both of whom would suggest she's at least seven years too old to play a
barely-pubescent fourteen-yo. junior-high schoolgirl...duh!!)

Along similar lines, Depp giving up Oscar-nominated roles to play a twenty-
three-yo. Tuxedo Mask WOULD be an interesting wrinkle on the story... ; )

--Don'cha just HATE those urban-legend Hollywood rumors??

Derek Janssen
djan...@ultranet.com

Larry W. Virden

Oct 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/22/96

According to Derek Janssen <djan...@ultranet.com>:

:D Mico wrote:
:>
:> >> "Japanese cult cartoon comes to Hollywood"
:> >[...]
:> >> Alicia Silverstone is set to star as the title character,
:> >> the superheroine Sailor Moon, whose alter ego is a clumsy high school
:> >> girl named Serena. It is also going to feature Johnny Depp as Tuxedo
:> >> Mask, a masked superhero who is also Serena's love interest.
:> >
:
:> Okay so I know that it's already out. Now would you mind telling me which
:> Hollywood Movie company is doing this? Either Major or independant? I would
:> like to know.
:
:Neither:
:Alicia's not playing Serena, since she's too busy playing Sabrina ["Bewitched:

She's NOT playing Serena, she's playing 'whats-her-name' on Clueless. Melissa
Joan Hart plays Serena.
--
:s Larry W. Virden INET: lvi...@cas.org
:s <URL:http://www.teraform.com/%7Elvirden/> <*> O- "We are all Kosh."

Steve Adelman

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MJH is playing Sabrina from the archie comics,
Alica is playing Samantha from Bewitched. Get the old show's names
right, okay? -----------------Sara

Steve Adelman

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

lw...@cas.org (Larry W. Virden) wrote:

>According to Derek Janssen <djan...@ultranet.com>:
>:D Mico wrote:
>:>
>:> >> "Japanese cult cartoon comes to Hollywood"
>:> >[...]
>:> >> Alicia Silverstone is set to star as the title character,
>:> >> the superheroine Sailor Moon, whose alter ego is a clumsy high school
>:> >> girl named Serena. It is also going to feature Johnny Depp as Tuxedo
>:> >> Mask, a masked superhero who is also Serena's love interest.
>:> >
>:> >Looks like someone discovered this information six months and 17 days
>:> >too late... I would have believed a Japanese live-action movie, though.
>:
>:> Okay so I know that it's already out. Now would you mind telling me which
>:> Hollywood Movie company is doing this? Either Major or independant? I would
>:> like to know.
>:
>:Neither:
>:Alicia's not playing Serena, since she's too busy playing Sabrina ["Bewitched:

>She's NOT playing Serena, she's playing 'whats-her-name' on Clueless. Melissa
>Joan Hart plays Serena.
>--
>:s Larry W. Virden INET: lvi...@cas.org
>:s <URL:http://www.teraform.com/%7Elvirden/> <*> O- "We are all Kosh."
>:s Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should
>:s be construed as representing my employer's opinions.

Melissa J Heart is playing Sabrina from the archie comics, alicia is
playing Sabrina from the TV show soon to be turned movie of Bewitched
Sara

Steve Adelman

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

lw...@cas.org (Larry W. Virden) wrote:

>According to Derek Janssen <djan...@ultranet.com>:
>:D Mico wrote:
>:>
>:> >> "Japanese cult cartoon comes to Hollywood"
>:> >[...]
>:> >> Alicia Silverstone is set to star as the title character,
>:> >> the superheroine Sailor Moon, whose alter ego is a clumsy high school
>:> >> girl named Serena. It is also going to feature Johnny Depp as Tuxedo
>:> >> Mask, a masked superhero who is also Serena's love interest.
>:> >
>:> >Looks like someone discovered this information six months and 17 days
>:> >too late... I would have believed a Japanese live-action movie, though.
>:
>:> Okay so I know that it's already out. Now would you mind telling me which
>:> Hollywood Movie company is doing this? Either Major or independant? I would
>:> like to know.
>:
>:Neither:
>:Alicia's not playing Serena, since she's too busy playing Sabrina ["Bewitched:

Samantha from bewitched

Ronald Spillman

Oct 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/25/96

Doug Jacobs (dja...@rahul.net) wrote:

: D Mico (mi...@pathcom.com) wrote:
: : Uh? Is there anybody out there that knows anything about a Sailor Moon
: : live-action movie. The last time I herd about it was on the internet through
: : "The Brain's Sailor Moon Homepage" and through the "SOS" homepage. Please let
: : me know.

: I don't know about a movie, but there was a Sailor Moon theatrical musical
: in Japan...
Yeh, I just watched that (Thanx, Colette:), and it was weird, but cool. Mine's
in no fear mode (u know: no sub, no dub, no fear ;) Uh, that was the Christmas
special, right?
--
Ron Spillman
"Otaku no zen sekai de: Gappei suru n da zo!"

D Mico

Oct 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/26/96

In article <54j58k$b...@srv13s4.cas.org>,

lw...@cas.org (Larry W. Virden) wrote:

>:Alicia's not playing Serena, since she's too busy playing Sabrina
["Bewitched:

>She's NOT playing Serena, she's playing 'whats-her-name' on Clueless.
Melissa
>Joan Hart plays Serena.

Okay! Could you get me more information about her! And would you still tell
me which major motion picture company is doing this? It can never be
"Neither" because the plans for the movie are already in the works.

Derek Janssen

Oct 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/26/96

D Mico wrote:

> In article <54j58k$b...@srv13s4.cas.org>,
> lw...@cas.org (Larry W. Virden) wrote:
> >

> >:Alicia's not playing Serena, since she's too busy playing Sabrina
> ["Bewitched:
> >
> >She's NOT playing Serena, she's playing 'whats-her-name' on Clueless.
> Melissa Joan Hart plays Serena.
>
> Okay! Could you get me more information about her! And would you still tell
> me which major motion picture company is doing this? It can never be
> "Neither" because the plans for the movie are already in the works.

New Line, okay?? (Assuming there's any truth in this...)

No one's confirmed Tim Burton yet (urban legend dating back to those "Mai, the
Psychic Girl" rumors), but does anyone know who's REALLY playing Darien/Tuxedo?
I can guarantee you it AIN'T the reported Johnny Depp, who's too busy directing
his own projects...

Derek Janssen
djan...@ultranet.com

Widya Santoso

Oct 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/26/96

lw...@cas.org (Larry W. Virden) writes:

>According to Derek Janssen <djan...@ultranet.com>:
>:

>:Neither:

>:Alicia's not playing Serena, since she's too busy playing Sabrina ["Bewitched:

>She's NOT playing Serena, she's playing 'whats-her-name' on Clueless. Melissa
>Joan Hart plays Serena.

Heh- when I was at the San Diego Comics Con, I stayed at the US Grant,
which was hosting the Miss Teen USA pagent. One of my room mates
observed you could cast the entire Sailor Moon live action at the hotel ?:-)
--
Widya Santoso wi...@macquarie.matra.com.au +61 6 288 0405
"Oh John, once we had something that was pure and good and...