未讀,
2008年7月23日 中午12:54:212008/7/23
收件者:
On 2008-07-21 16:41:37 -0500, rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) said:

> ...only ten characters from six shows, but it's the first update in
> almost two years so it's worth a posting.
>
> Yes, I've updated "Ah! Megane-sama".
>
> (And they're selling ice skates in HFIL.)
>
> Who made the cut this time? Did Rob apologize sufficiently for taking
> so long to update the gallery? And what about the "Dennou Coil"
> question? You'll just have to go look for yourself...
>
> http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/meganekko/index.html

Are you still needing images for Those Who Hunt Elves?

Now that my hard drive is fixed, I can do screen caps on my home
computer (can't afford internet access on my own, borrowing someone's
right now) and have both seasons on DVD. Didn't know if you've got
them and just didn't include them in the update...

Rob Kelk

未讀,
2008年7月23日 下午6:01:282008/7/23
收件者:
On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:54:21 -0500, Bill Martin
<bill_r...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 2008-07-21 16:41:37 -0500, rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) said:
>
>> ...only ten characters from six shows, but it's the first update in
>> almost two years so it's worth a posting.
>>
>> Yes, I've updated "Ah! Megane-sama".
>>
>> (And they're selling ice skates in HFIL.)
>>
>> Who made the cut this time? Did Rob apologize sufficiently for taking
>> so long to update the gallery? And what about the "Dennou Coil"
>> question? You'll just have to go look for yourself...
>>
>> http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/meganekko/index.html
>
>Are you still needing images for Those Who Hunt Elves?

I have images for the judge, but (I think) I still need images for
Lilia.

>Now that my hard drive is fixed, I can do screen caps on my home
>computer (can't afford internet access on my own, borrowing someone's
>right now) and have both seasons on DVD. Didn't know if you've got
>them and just didn't include them in the update...

There are "dozens of other meganekko" in the queue, so it's a fair
question...

As for the most-frequently-asked question about who is in the queue:
Yes, Yuki Nagato is going to be listed as a part-timer.

(Tangent: Wow, I don't have a Primer entry for "Melancholy of Haruhi
Suzumiya" yet.)

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

未讀,
2008年7月23日 下午6:57:422008/7/23
收件者:
In rec.arts.anime.misc Rob Kelk <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote:
> (Tangent: Wow, I don't have a Primer entry for "Melancholy of Haruhi
> Suzumiya" yet.)

It's not as easy as it looks, y'know.

cu
59cobalt <- tried & failed
--
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight
flaw in my character."

Rob Kelk

未讀,
2008年7月23日 晚上7:52:352008/7/23
收件者:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 00:57:42 +0200 (CEST), Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers
<usene...@planetcobalt.net> wrote:

>In rec.arts.anime.misc Rob Kelk <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote:
>> (Tangent: Wow, I don't have a Primer entry for "Melancholy of Haruhi
>> Suzumiya" yet.)
>
>It's not as easy as it looks, y'know.

Oh, I know. I haven't written it either...

Aya the Vampire Slayer

未讀,
2008年7月24日 上午8:55:362008/7/24
收件者:
Rob Kelk <rob...@deadspam.com> wa:

>Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <usene...@planetcobalt.net> wrote:
>>In rec.arts.anime.misc Rob Kelk <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote:
>>> (Tangent: Wow, I don't have a Primer entry for "Melancholy of Haruhi
>>> Suzumiya" yet.)
>>
>>It's not as easy as it looks, y'know.

>Oh, I know. I haven't written it either...

After reading these posts, I thought about how I would describe the
series to someone in three sentences, but I can't seem to come up with
anything that isn't loaded with spoilers. This is a tough one indeed.

--
"Care must be exorcised when handring Opiticar System as it is apts to
be sticked by dusts and hand-fat." --Japanese Translators

"Keep your fingers off the lens." --Elton Byington, English Translator

afedakendragon

未讀,
2008年7月24日 上午10:32:192008/7/24
收件者:
On Jul 24, 8:55 am, Aya the Vampire Slayer
<ry...@gatech.rmv.this.part.edu> wrote:
> Rob Kelk <robk...@deadspam.com> wa:
>
> >Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <usenet-2...@planetcobalt.net> wrote:

> >>It's not as easy as it looks, y'know.
> >Oh, I know. I haven't written it either...
>
> After reading these posts, I thought about how I would describe the
> series to someone in three sentences, but I can't seem to come up with
> anything that isn't loaded with spoilers. This is a tough one indeed.
>
> --
> "Care must be exorcised when handring Opiticar System as it is apts to
> be sticked by dusts and hand-fat." --Japanese Translators
>
> "Keep your fingers off the lens." --Elton Byington, English Translator

How bout this?

<Primer>

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Kyon is your everyday high school
student. He goes to school, hangs out with his friends, and his only
real interests were girls and grades, till Haruhi Suzumiya arrived.
Best described as a Force-of-nature, Haruhi turns Kyon's life
completely upside down when she makes it clear that her only real
interests in life are aliens, time-travelers, and espers. (And
Kyon!) Kyon soon finds himself dragooned into Haruhi's crazy SOS
Brigade along with a clumsy, busty, and frequently abused second year
cutie Mikuru, the deadpan literature club president Yuki, and a self-
proclaimed "Mysterious Transfer Student" Itsuki.

Now Kyon's once peaceful days are spent doing his best to keep a lid
on alien-obsessed Haruhi for whom the most alien of concepts are
restraint, modesty, and shame! Will Haruhi manage to find her aliens,
time travelers, and espers? Will Kyon manage to hold on to his
sanity? Will the world end? Find out in this scifi/romance/slice-of-
life/mystery/drama/satire/parody/comedy.

"The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" consists of a single 13 episode
season, available in R1 from Bandai Entertainment.

</Primer>

Will that do?

--
Abraham Evangelista

afedakendragon

未讀,
2008年7月24日 上午10:36:442008/7/24
收件者:

GAH! 14 EPISODES! THERE ARE 14 EPISODES!

--
Abraham Evangelista

Aje RavenStar

未讀,
2008年7月24日 上午10:40:242008/7/24
收件者:

"afedakendragon" <afed...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I was about to say....
Other than no mention of frequent rumors and/or conflicting information
about a second series, and maybe a question re 'What is Haruhism?', good job

Rob Kelk

未讀,
2008年7月24日 下午6:03:132008/7/24
收件者:

Until the mythical second season comes out...

Thanks!

Abraham Evangelista

未讀,
2008年7月24日 晚上10:59:092008/7/24
收件者:

It's not finalized, so I didn't mention it.

>and maybe a question re 'What is Haruhism?', good job

Haruhiism is a construct of fandom, not necessarily a feature of the
show itself, so I didn't mention it. :-)

--
Abraham Evangelista

Rob Kelk

未讀,
2008年7月29日 晚上7:50:182008/7/29
收件者:
On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 21:41:37 GMT, rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:

>...only ten characters from six shows, but it's the first update in
>almost two years so it's worth a posting.
>
>Yes, I've updated "Ah! Megane-sama".
>
>(And they're selling ice skates in HFIL.)
>
>Who made the cut this time? Did Rob apologize sufficiently for taking
>so long to update the gallery? And what about the "Dennou Coil"
>question? You'll just have to go look for yourself...
>
>http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/meganekko/index.html

And since I had a bit of time today, I started work on the next update.
This time, everybody gets to see my working notes:
http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/meganekko/next-update.html

(Maybe this'll stem the tide of emails asking "Where's Yuki?")

Rob Maxwell

未讀,
2008年7月30日 晚上10:10:302008/7/30
收件者:

"Rob Kelk" <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 21:41:37 GMT, rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:
>
>>...only ten characters from six shows, but it's the first update in
>>almost two years so it's worth a posting.
>>
>>Yes, I've updated "Ah! Megane-sama".
>>
>>(And they're selling ice skates in HFIL.)
>>
>>Who made the cut this time? Did Rob apologize sufficiently for taking
>>so long to update the gallery? And what about the "Dennou Coil"
>>question? You'll just have to go look for yourself...
>>
>>http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/meganekko/index.html
>
> And since I had a bit of time today, I started work on the next update.
> This time, everybody gets to see my working notes:
> http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/meganekko/next-update.html
>
> (Maybe this'll stem the tide of emails asking "Where's Yuki?")

"Yuki stops wearing her glasses after ..." after Kyon says she looks good
without them.

They were merely part of her 'I am just a nerdish bookworm not worth paying
any attention to, so I can stay close to Haruhi and observe her' disguise.

From the Other list...

Ayuki (Kashimashi) Full Time

Kana (Kirameki Project) Full Time

-Rob

Rob Maxwell

未讀,
2008年7月30日 晚上10:24:152008/7/30
收件者:

"Rob Maxwell" <robu...@excite.com> wrote in message

> "Rob Kelk" <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 21:41:37 GMT, rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:
>>
>>>...only ten characters from six shows, but it's the first update in
>>>almost two years so it's worth a posting.
>>>
>>>Yes, I've updated "Ah! Megane-sama".
>>>
>>>(And they're selling ice skates in HFIL.)
>>>
>>>Who made the cut this time? Did Rob apologize sufficiently for taking
>>>so long to update the gallery? And what about the "Dennou Coil"
>>>question? You'll just have to go look for yourself...
>>>
>>>http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/meganekko/index.html
>>
>> And since I had a bit of time today, I started work on the next update.
>> This time, everybody gets to see my working notes:
>> http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/meganekko/next-update.html
>>
>> (Maybe this'll stem the tide of emails asking "Where's Yuki?")
>
> "Yuki stops wearing her glasses after ..." after Kyon says she looks good
> without them.
>
> They were merely part of her 'I am just a nerdish bookworm not worth
> paying any attention to, so I can stay close to Haruhi and observe her'
> disguise.
>
> From the Other list...
>
> Ayuki (Kashimashi) Full Time

I believe she is hetero. She first liked Hazumu (boy) but, she gave up with
Tomari and Yasuna already competeing for him/her. She quasi-proposes to
Asuta in the volume 5 omake, and it seems she will end up with Alien-san.

Rob Kelk

未讀,
2008年7月31日 清晨6:38:502008/7/31
收件者:
On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 22:10:30 -0400, "Rob Maxwell" <robu...@excite.com>
wrote:

>"Rob Kelk" <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote in message

<snip>

>> (Maybe this'll stem the tide of emails asking "Where's Yuki?")
>
>"Yuki stops wearing her glasses after ..." after Kyon says she looks good
>without them.
>
>They were merely part of her 'I am just a nerdish bookworm not worth paying
>any attention to, so I can stay close to Haruhi and observe her' disguise.

Well, yes, but that's a spoiler.

<snip>

Rob Maxwell

未讀,
2008年7月31日 晚上10:20:472008/7/31

> On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 22:10:30 -0400, "Rob Maxwell" <robu...@excite.com>
> wrote:
>
>>"Rob Kelk" <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
>>> (Maybe this'll stem the tide of emails asking "Where's Yuki?")
>>
>>"Yuki stops wearing her glasses after ..." after Kyon says she looks good
>>without them.
>>
>>They were merely part of her 'I am just a nerdish bookworm not worth
>>paying
>>any attention to, so I can stay close to Haruhi and observe her' disguise.
>
> Well, yes, but that's a spoiler.

The first sentence is trivial as a spoiler. The second sentence is just
reminder background and not for submission.

Even though MHS has a titular female star, it quickly became "Kyon's Harem"
with one of the girls a bit more troublesome than usual, so, revealing that
one of the girls like him is not really a spoiler but rather an expectation,
especially when the female cast members outnumber the male one(s).

-Rob

0 則新訊息