Tenchi Report Tokyo 12

atholbrose

Sep 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/13/00
On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 07:37:57 GMT, Wyvern <f...@ke-email.adress> wrote:
>Mattori needed and she creates a stupid, stupid clone of Noboyuki,
>Psuedo-Dad

[snip, typo corrected]

I may be going nuts, but wasn't this clone called "Pretendad" in the
subtitled version?

Wyvern

Sep 13, 2000, 3:37:57 AM9/13/00
"God's in His Heaven, all's right with the world"

Happy Second Impact! The Tenchi Report Commemerates the End of Life As We
Know It With-

Tenchi in Tokyo episode 12-"Stupid Cupid"

plot summary:It's morning in Okayama, and all is not well. Sasami has
suddenly taken ill after her lust for Taco Bell got the better of her and
entire mexican villages had to roll tortillas to sate her unnatural hunger.
Needless to say, hundreds of Gorditas in one sitting=coma. At least it
wasen't White Castle. While Sasami's digestive system works so hard you'd
think it would digivolve into a new more powerful digestive system, Noboyuki
is handeling food preperation. This does not sit well with those among the
family who have something called "taste buds" because Noboyuki's cooking
sucks. So for like the nineteenth time, this episode has a running gag of
everyone being hungry.

Understandably, Noboyuki quickly gets sick of doing all the work while a
bunch of freeloaders bitch at him. This is almost like that episode of Fresh
Prince where Jeffery stops making sarcastic remarks and starts poisining the
food and killing off cast members left and right. Noboyuki decides it's time
to go to Tokyo himself to see his son.

Yugi has another cunning plan wich is smart in her brain! She sends Mattori
to cause Noboyuki to run into Sakuya, in an effort to get them back
together. How DARE she try to fix up two people who are great for each
other! She must be destroyed!

Noboyuki arrives at Tenchi's place with Sakuya in tow. Let the ackwardness
begin! Our star-crossed young lovers have no idea what the hell to say to
each other after the heartbreaking events of episode 10, and Noboyuki isen't
helping, so he steps out to let them be alone. This is just the chance

Mattori needed and she creates a stupid, stupid clone of Noboyuki,

Pesudo-Dad, to get Tenchi and Sakuya together. But Pseudo-Dad misunderstands
and soon is impregnating all of Asia and parts of Scotland! Okay, not
really. But he does got wild asking every female he sees to be his one true
love,then dumping them the next time he sees a female. I guess this means he
only saw one female at a time. God forbid he ever got into a Backstreet
Boys concert. His head would probably explode.

Tenchi and Sakuya manage to break the ice with naked sex. I mean talking
about Tenchi's dad. Naked. Tenchi gets up to make some tea when there's a
knock on the door. It's Psuedo-Dad,who grabs Sakuya and announces he's in
love with her, and carries her off. Tenchi finds she's missing and goes
after her after a quick shower and an episode of Saze-San. Meanwhile,
Mattori is seriously pissed off at the clone's disobidence and sets him
straight. He ignores her.

Tenchi is looking for Sakuya when he runs into Psuedo-Dad. He immediatly
realizes he's not his real father, but an incredible simulation playing the
Vegas-Hilton six nights a week (twice on saturdays) A chase ensues, and they
end up at the Suchida Shrine where Tenchi works.

Tenchi's valient efforts to scare the monster with his prepubescant voice
and tiny ponytail somehow fail Luckily Tenchi's dad swears he will destroy
the evil monster! His secret weapon is a tiny toy arrow reading "Traffic
Saftey." One shot on the forehead and the monster is destroryed. You think
I'm joking, but I'm not. That's what really happened. I'm sorry. Dear God,
I'm so sorry.

After the Weirdest Thing Ever is over, Tenchi's dad is hardly fazed and
tells Tenchi to grow some balls and talk to Sakuya. He agrees,and aplogizes
for his previous rudeness and says that he simply doesen't know how he feels
just yet, but he will soon.Sakuya likes what she hears, but since they're in
public there will be no hardcore humpfest. I'm as disapointed as you are.

Back home, the girls are still hungry and I no longer care. Get some new
material, you guys. If you all had maleria or something maybe I would be
interested.

list of edits: Tenchi Muyo Causes Cancer-This is officially a bad cut. Not
that the intent was bad, but it was a bit sloppy. Originally, just before
Pseudo-Dad is born, Noboyuki can be seen puffing on a cigerette (this is the
first and only time he is shown smoking. Go figure.) He makes his complaint
about being inept, then puts it out in the ashtray-the complaint was kept
but the ashtray wasen't. Moments later, in the CN versian we see Mattori
take the cig out of the Ashtray and use it to make Psuedo-Dad. Obviously, it
makes alot more sense that she'd make it out of something Noboyuki had
touched than just some random cig in an ashtray. And if CN was trying to
discourage smoking, why leave the cig in at all? They could have just shown
her creating the clone from thin air or something. BTW, you can still see
him smoking for a second...from a distance, in the establishing shot.

notes and things:Considering what space pirates must eat, Ayeka probably IS
the food expert here

-once again,someone buys a train ticket to Tokyo instead of just going
through the portal. What is with these people?

-It's FASHIONABLE to meet at a statue? The hell? First McDonalds is all the
rage and now this. Japanese kids are bonkers.

-Although his performance as Noboyuki is rather wooden, the VA's voice lends
itself perfectly to Psuedo-Dad. I guess cause he's supposed to be wodden.

-It's good that shrines have little toy arrows that can destroy even the
mightiest evil AND promote traffic saftey awareness! It's perfect! Noboyuki
could single-handedly wipe out all evil with these handy little numbers!
Coming up next-Noboyuki throws arrows at Chinese Communist Army, dies.

-Note that when Psuedo-Dad dies, the arrow vanishes with him. That is
neither interesting nor informative. My job here is done.

-Once again the girls try to steal the money. Gee, everyone was hungry the
last time they tried to steal it too, and that episode made no sense either!
Who wants to burn a Tenchi writer at the stake?

review:Argh. Here we have a totally stupid episode focusing on the
more-boring-than-ever Noboyuki. He was cool in the first movie, but not only
is he pretty much a background charecter no matter what series he's in ("I
don't make much of an impression, do I?") and in TnT he's even more dull
since he's no longer lecherous, just incompetant. Meanwhile, Washu goes on
ignored,but if her episode was going to be this dumb, it's probably a good
thing. Psuedo-Dad was kind of funny, but he was still pretty damn stupid,
and the way he was defeated was retarded. Also dissapointing was the
resolution of Tenchi and Sakuya's problems.....I just felt like there should
have been more to it. Worst of all, we must once again endure the work of
the writer who sucks worse than any writer before him, the same guy who had
the girls starve to death a hundred times before and had them steal Sasami's
money repeats the same stupid gags today. They weren't very funny the first
time, they were annoying the second time, they make me want to break things
the third time. Think of something new, dammit! Bottom line:Crap. D.

tommorow:I'm pretty sure Toonami is supposed to show ACTION cartoons. Maybe
they made a typo and misspelled "Yu Yu Hakusho" as "Tenchi in Tokyo" on
their memos (lord knows I've done that enough times) but there hasen't been
hardly enough action to fill a thimble so far. A thimble used by Smurfs.
Midget smurfs. BABY midget Smurfs. Luckily that all changes tommorow. The
next episode is devoted to a big epic fight as Yugi finally thinks to
herself "What if I used my limitless power to ATTACK these people instead of
creating monkies to steal thier jewelery?It's so crazy it
just....might...work!" Also, Sasami shows us all how boring jump rope can be
and what it's like inside a Picasso painting. Be there.

-Wyvern

dragonkeep AT earthlink DOT net
AIM:WyvernAGFF

"Don't worry, I'll find a nice place for you at the bottom of my
boot....."-Nappa, DBZ

John Isles, iv

Sep 13, 2000, 6:28:09 AM9/13/00
"Wyvern" writes:

>Tenchi and Sakuya manage to break the ice with naked sex.

Ecchi though here: Or, as Gilbert Gottfried would say, "a nice, hot round
of booty sex".

--
From the mind of John Isles, iv <q...@as.net>
I am the 13th-rarest of all Pokémon.

Bruce Tomlin

Sep 13, 2000, 9:43:10 AM9/13/00
In article <p9Gv5.519$Mf5....@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
"Wyvern" <f...@ke-email.adress> wrote:

> list of edits: Tenchi Muyo Causes Cancer-This is officially a bad cut. Not
> that the intent was bad, but it was a bit sloppy. Originally, just before
> Pseudo-Dad is born, Noboyuki can be seen puffing on a cigerette (this is the
> first and only time he is shown smoking. Go figure.) He makes his complaint
> about being inept, then puts it out in the ashtray-the complaint was kept
> but the ashtray wasen't. Moments later, in the CN versian we see Mattori
> take the cig out of the Ashtray and use it to make Psuedo-Dad. Obviously, it

Either way, it definitely a unique argument against smoking. Don't smoke
or SOMEONE MIGHT MAKE A STUPID CLONE OF YOU WHO CAN"T EVEN FOLLOW ITS
MAKER'S ORDERS!

> -once again,someone buys a train ticket to Tokyo instead of just going
> through the portal. What is with these people?

Everyone else was so busy trying to steal his money that they forgot to
tell him about that wierd star thingy on the ceiling.

Sam Simpson

Sep 13, 2000, 9:57:13 AM9/13/00
On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 07:37:57 GMT, you wrote:

I don't know, maybe it's better in Japanese, but I thought this one
was hilarious. As silly as some of the early episodes, but this time
it's actually funny.

An exorcising arrow is (I think) just a good luck charm, actually sold
at real shrines. You'd keep (I guess) a "traffic safety" arrow in
your car, in hopes of superstitiously avoiding car accidents. If
guardian spirits are allergic to good luck, maybe the Tenchi gang
*should* stock up on those arrows. Or carry around spray bottles of
Washu's sake from episode 1, or something... :)

>review:Argh. Here we have a totally stupid episode focusing on the
>more-boring-than-ever Noboyuki. He was cool in the first movie, but not only
>is he pretty much a background charecter no matter what series he's in ("I
>don't make much of an impression, do I?") and in TnT he's even more dull
>since he's no longer lecherous, just incompetant. Meanwhile, Washu goes on
>ignored,but if her episode was going to be this dumb, it's probably a good
>thing. Psuedo-Dad was kind of funny, but he was still pretty damn stupid,
>and the way he was defeated was retarded. Also dissapointing was the
>resolution of Tenchi and Sakuya's problems.....I just felt like there should
>have been more to it. Worst of all, we must once again endure the work of
>the writer who sucks worse than any writer before him, the same guy who had
>the girls starve to death a hundred times before and had them steal Sasami's
>money repeats the same stupid gags today. They weren't very funny the first
>time, they were annoying the second time, they make me want to break things
>the third time. Think of something new, dammit! Bottom line:Crap. D.

--------------------
Sam Simpson
Irving, TX

Scott Fujimoto

Sep 13, 2000, 8:55:00 PM9/13/00
>-It's FASHIONABLE to meet at a statue? The hell? First McDonalds is all the
>rage and now this. Japanese kids are bonkers.

This wouldn't be the statue of Hachiko (a dog) at Shibuya, would it?

--Scott

Sam Simpson

Sep 13, 2000, 9:39:20 PM9/13/00
cinn...@shell.one.net (atholbrose) wrote:

>On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 07:37:57 GMT, Wyvern <f...@ke-email.adress> wrote:
>>Mattori needed and she creates a stupid, stupid clone of Noboyuki,

>>Psuedo-Dad
>
>[snip, typo corrected]
>
>I may be going nuts, but wasn't this clone called "Pretendad" in the
>subtitled version?

That's right.

Wyvern

Sep 14, 2000, 1:17:59 AM9/14/00

Scott Fujimoto wrote in message
<20000913205500...@ng-bh1.aol.com>...

Yep.....wait a minute. Hachiko is a DOG? What did he do that was so special?
I bet Balto could beat him up.

-Wyvern

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Sep 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/14/00

I think almost similar to that English dog who waited
faithfully on its master's grave, only this time
waited for its master in the station to come back.
(Both masters died, so they never came back.)

BTW, IIRC, although Balto was the dog that brought home
the medicine to Iditarod, it was another dog that brought
the sled to the meeting point and pulled the longer distance.

Laters. =)

Stan
--
| ( _| | U of Rochester www.cif.rochester.edu/~stanlee