[AniPike] American Cancer Society Thang

Jay Fubler Harvey

Nov 12, 2001, 4:05:15 PM11/12/01
OK folks....here's the deal:

There's a DNS error running through the system right now which
redirects any requests meant for AniPike.com to the American Cancer
Society web site. Repeat: It's an DNS error. They did not steal the
AniPike.com domain.

Both the people at AniPike.com and the American Cancer Society are
looking into this odd problem. In the meanwhile the European Mirror is
still open at:

http://anime.jyu.fi/~anipike/

For those of you who called up the American Cancer Society and
'expressed' yourselves in a non flattering manner...perhaps you could
consider making a donation to their cause.

(Yes, there were enough calls for this large organization to take
notice. They contacted me with an example of the messages they were
receiving....Aiya ^^;;;;;)

Thanks again for your continued support and patience in this continuing
matter. Hopefully it will all be resolved soon.

-Jei
--
Jay Fubler Harvey
jha...@neo.rr.com

Rich lonely co-ed Neko-hime

Nov 12, 2001, 5:24:45 PM11/12/01

That sounds kinda cool... ACS and anime working together...

Neko-chan
http://www.nekotsukimi.f2s.com
-------------------------------------
Baking cookies:
Me: The Naked Chef doesn't break his nuts!!
::silence then snickers::
Lil brother: You're in love with him...
------------------------------------

Robert Hutchinson

Nov 12, 2001, 5:48:59 PM11/12/01
Jay Fubler Harvey says...

> For those of you who called up the American Cancer Society and
> 'expressed' yourselves in a non flattering manner...perhaps you could
> consider making a donation to their cause.

Reminding us all, once again, that people are morons. Yeah, the ACS is
notorious for cybersquatting. 9_9

Very cool of them to put up that redirect page.

--
Robert Hutchinson | "Things and actions are what they are, and the
| consequences of them will be what they will be:
| why then should we desire to be deceived?"
| -- Joseph Butler, Bishop of Durham, 1692–1752

Derek Janssen

Nov 12, 2001, 7:34:11 PM11/12/01
Rich lonely co-ed Neko-hime wrote:

> >Thanks again for your continued support and patience in this continuing
> >matter. Hopefully it will all be resolved soon.
>
> That sounds kinda cool... ACS and anime working together...

That is, until ACS ended up lodging too many complaints about Spike
Spiegel, Jigen, Happosai, Cologne and Kotatsu-Neko.

Derek Janssen (be smart--don't start)
dja...@ultranet.com

Blade

Nov 12, 2001, 7:48:44 PM11/12/01
Jay Fubler Harvey wrote:
> Both the people at AniPike.com and the American Cancer Society are
> looking into this odd problem. In the meanwhile the European Mirror is
> still open at:
>
> http://anime.jyu.fi/~anipike/
>
> For those of you who called up the American Cancer Society and
> 'expressed' yourselves in a non flattering manner...perhaps you could
> consider making a donation to their cause.
>
> (Yes, there were enough calls for this large organization to take
> notice. They contacted me with an example of the messages they were
> receiving....Aiya ^^;;;;;)

Y'know, this almost makes me want to agree with the trolls.

"Anime fans are obnoxious imbeciles."

Hmm...how about...

"Some anime fans are obnoxious imbeciles."

In any case, if any of those idiots are on this group, they should be
ashamed of themselves.

Blade
*******
Also Known As: Chris McNeil, The Annoying Jerk, The Enemy of Democracy,
"That Guy That Can't Write A Lunch Menu Without Pantyhose Tarou Being In
It Somewhere"

All web pages, except my Evil Zone one, down
till further notice. Bleahh. >_<

"Nihao, Akane. Time to dii~~~~e." - Shampoo

Rodrick Su

Nov 12, 2001, 7:32:25 PM11/12/01
Robert Hutchinson <ser...@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Jay Fubler Harvey says...
>
>> For those of you who called up the American Cancer Society and
>> 'expressed' yourselves in a non flattering manner...perhaps you could
>> consider making a donation to their cause.
>
> Reminding us all, once again, that people are morons. Yeah, the ACS is
> notorious for cybersquatting. 9_9
>
> Very cool of them to put up that redirect page.

Maybe we should encourage members of ACS to watch anime. God knows, it
might cure something.