Deep Discount DVD Sale!!!

PmChivas

Nov 11, 2005, 12:38:12 PM11/11/05
Hey y'all,

Deep Discount DVD is having a sale with 20% off. Enter coupon code:
SUPERSALE.

Sale: 11/11 ~ 11/19

Restrictions apply: Offer valid on current DVDs only. Pre-release DVDs
and title marked with (*) at DeepDiscountDVD.com are not eligible for
the sale. Other merchandise including video games or electronics are
not included in the sale.

Have Fun!

PM

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

D B Malmquist

Nov 11, 2005, 5:20:47 PM11/11/05

Thanks for letting me know, but I'm still a little pissed with DDD.
A few months ago they started sending me spam, so I checked their
privacy policy, and sure enough they are spammers-by-default:

On occasion we may send a mailing to your address or send you an
email to update you on special promotions or new releases. If you
choose not to receive such communications you may remove yourself
from our mailing list by emailing us at c...@deepdiscountdvd.com...

I manually sent them a cease-and-desist email, and so far it has worked,
but I really dislike spam-by-default internet vendors with no obvious
opt-out web form.

- dbm

PmChivas

Nov 11, 2005, 6:06:09 PM11/11/05
Justin wrote:
> Allegedly ADV has decided to not include their titles in this sale.

Well, so far it has proven false. I've ordered a couple of ADV films to
finish off collections and received the discount so unless it was a
mistake, it was probably another one of those Internet rumors.

PM

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ethan Hammond

Nov 12, 2005, 2:21:38 AM11/12/05
"Touma" <to...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:56:37 GMT, ":phant" <ph...@usagi.comix> wrote:
>
>>Out of curiosity, how/why does ADV get a say in the matter?
>
> I believe that most retailers cannot afford to offer good sale prices
> unless the studios give them a discount. ADV seems to be more
> selective than most studios about what they will, and will not,
> discount.
> My comments are based mostly on what I have heard from Shawne Kleckner
> at Right Stuf. Their ADV sale, which ended Wednesday, had a lot of
> restrictions.

ADV is trying to put TRSI out of business, if you haven't noticed. ADV
got tired of other websites selling more of there DVD's then they did which
is one of the reasons for the many great ADV sales this year. The other
is ADV just need the money so they can produce Nuku Nuku Phase VII.

--
All Purpose Culture Randomness
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html

Aixchel

Nov 12, 2005, 3:03:50 AM11/12/05
The websites that track online sales and discounts have had several
discussions on how DDD raised their prices significantly the day before
the sale (and have done this on the previous 20% sales). Check
www.fatwallet.com and look for deep discount dvd.

Andrew Hollingbury

Nov 12, 2005, 6:12:48 AM11/12/05
"Ethan Hammond" <esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in

> ADV is trying to put TRSI out of business, if you haven't noticed.
> ADV got tired of other websites selling more of there DVD's then they
> did which is one of the reasons for the many great ADV sales this
> year. The other is ADV just need the money so they can produce Nuku
> Nuku Phase VII.

The "great sales" which mostly seemed to involve selling off returned stock
which frequently arrived cracked or with barcodes cut off the cover jacket?

Whether ADV or TRSI's shop stay open doesn't really concern me - ADV don't
ship internationally and TRSI's international shipping is an absolute rip-
off. But I think that ADV should take into account a whole BUNCH of other
factors that would mean they don't sell so many DVDs - people like to buy
DVDs from different studios at the same time, the whole international
audience thing, decent customer service and so on and so forth.

Andrew H

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ethan Hammond

Nov 13, 2005, 5:19:22 AM11/13/05
"Justin" <nos...@insightbb.com> wrote in message

> Ethan Hammond wrote on [Sat, 12 Nov 2005 07:21:38 GMT]:
>
>> ADV is trying to put TRSI out of business, if you haven't noticed. ADV
>> got tired of other websites selling more of there DVD's then they did
>> which
>
> "their DVDs than"

I ain't got time for proper grammar!

>> is one of the reasons for the many great ADV sales this year. The other
>> is ADV just need the money so they can produce Nuku Nuku Phase VII.
>

> ADV sales kind of suck. They mutilate the cases and rarely have full
> runs.

Eh, how often do you look at the case.

Captain Nerd

Nov 13, 2005, 8:02:36 AM11/13/05
In article <KqEdf.91323$zb5...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
"Ethan Hammond" <esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> "Justin" <nos...@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> > Ethan Hammond wrote on [Sat, 12 Nov 2005 07:21:38 GMT]:
> >
> >> ADV is trying to put TRSI out of business, if you haven't noticed. ADV
> >> got tired of other websites selling more of there DVD's then they did
> >> which
> >
> > "their DVDs than"
>
> I ain't got time for proper grammar!

You made gramma cry!

Cap.

--
Since 1989, recycling old jokes, cliches, and bad puns, one Usenet
post at a time!

PmChivas

Nov 14, 2005, 11:27:34 AM11/14/05
Justin wrote:
> Nope. It's true. Posted by a DDDVD spokesman, and ADV titles are still
> disappearing from the site.

So true. My order which had a couple of ADV title wouldn't go through
and kept giving me an error message. Since, I was running out of time,
I cancled the order and decided to do it again later. And today all of
the ADV titles are offically missing from Deep Discount's 20% off sale,
which includes the 4 DVD's that I need to complete a couple of series.
;_;
This truly sucks, especially since on Friday I was getting the 20%
taken off of pre-orders, too, due some malfunction with the site. Now,
it's all been fixed. Oh well, I guess I'm just going to have to wait on
those DVD's for later. I think after this sale I'll stop buying as many
DVD's as before--time for moderation.

PM

Ethan Hammond

Nov 15, 2005, 4:33:49 AM11/15/05
"Captain Nerd" <cpt...@nerdwatch.com> wrote in message

> In article <KqEdf.91323$zb5...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
> "Ethan Hammond" <esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>> "Justin" <nos...@insightbb.com> wrote in message

>> > "their DVDs than"
>>
>> I ain't got time for proper grammar!
>
> You made gramma cry!

BWAH HA HA HA! Cry Gramma CRY!

Captain Nerd

Nov 15, 2005, 10:23:57 AM11/15/05
In article
<1Yhef.103435$zb5.1...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
"Ethan Hammond" <esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> "Captain Nerd" <cpt...@nerdwatch.com> wrote in message
> > In article <KqEdf.91323$zb5...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
> > "Ethan Hammond" <esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> >
> >> "Justin" <nos...@insightbb.com> wrote in message

> >> I ain't got time for proper grammar!
> >
> > You made gramma cry!
>
> BWAH HA HA HA! Cry Gramma CRY!

Well, looks like someone isn't getting Christmas cookies...