Not Really the Dragonball Movie

Derek Janssen

Aug 6, 2008, 5:36:33 PM8/6/08
Was surfing around the geek corners late at night, still trying to find
some leaked teaser footage for the DBZ Movie (and finding instead only
interviews where Jamie Chung tries to get reporters off of DBZ questions
long enough to plug her "Samurai Girl" show...)--

And found instead what seemed to be a "leaked script" that appears to be
genuine--Or at least a genuine REJECTED earlier draft, which, don't
worry, looks like it *ain't* the one we're getting.
(Among other things, the plot here doesn't even mention the Tournament,
which we already know is the focus of the actual Movie.)

Still, for those wishing to be forewarned, does hint at a few early
draft-salvaged ideas about whether or not the setting is Earth, and what
the heck Goku is doing going to high school in the city:
http://dragonball-trailer.blogspot.com/2008/06/dragonball-leaked-script.html

(Too bad, this one at least managed to work Pilaf and the Ox King into
the story with a reasonable degree of plausibility...)

Derek Janssen
eja...@verizon.net

Lee Ratner

Aug 8, 2008, 2:59:54 PM8/8/08
On Aug 6, 5:36 pm, Derek Janssen <ejan...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
> Was surfing around the geek corners late at night, still trying to find
> some leaked teaser footage for the DBZ Movie (and finding instead only
> interviews where Jamie Chung tries to get reporters off of DBZ questions
> long enough to plug her "Samurai Girl" show...)--
>
> And found instead what seemed to be a "leaked script" that appears to be
> genuine--Or at least a genuine REJECTED earlier draft, which, don't
> worry, looks like it *ain't* the one we're getting.
> (Among other things, the plot here doesn't even mention the Tournament,
> which we already know is the focus of the actual Movie.)
>
> Still, for those wishing to be forewarned, does hint at a few early
> draft-salvaged ideas about whether or not the setting is Earth, and what
> the heck Goku is doing going to high school in the city:http://dragonball-trailer.blogspot.com/2008/06/dragonball-leaked-scri...

> (Too bad, this one at least managed to work Pilaf and the Ox King into
> the story with a reasonable degree of plausibility...)

The photos from the link reinforce my belief that it is still
wrong for a white person to play Goku rather than an actor who is of
Asian origin. He stands out too much when compared to the other cast
and it makes it seem that the movie follows the mighty whitey trope.
It also seems that a non-Asian was cast to play Goku to appeal to
white fanboys who have an Asian women fetish.

Derek Janssen

Aug 8, 2008, 3:08:27 PM8/8/08
Lee Ratner wrote:

No, judging from the early "Poor misunderstood zero-to-hero Goku Parker"
script, we pretty much know the reason for the casting was the same
impetus as the rest of the movie:
"Just keep pretending it's Smallville, and maybe they won't notice it's
a different show." 9_9

Derek Janssen
eja...@verizon.net

8-Bit Star

Aug 8, 2008, 6:39:26 PM8/8/08
> ejan...@verizon.net

Or, "its Hollywood and they're chronically incapable of making
a good movie, despite the hundreds of braindead chimpanzees
who say otherwise."

Starting the minute I click "send" I am no longer
acknowledging that this movie exists.

Steven J Simmons

Aug 8, 2008, 7:59:03 PM8/8/08
Derek Janssen <eja...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
> No, judging from the early "Poor misunderstood zero-to-hero Goku Parker"
> script...

"Zero"? Sounds more like the Harmony Gold script.

_`| / __`| / __`| / __`| / .-^ ___ Steven J. Simmons
--/ /----/ /----/ /----/ /---=__ __=' Don't sweat the petty things.
|._/ |._/ |._/ |._/ ^^^ Don't pet the sweaty things.

Lee Ratner

Aug 9, 2008, 5:57:25 AM8/9/08

And this could not be done if an Asian was cast to play Goku?