A SOS Brigade?

1 view

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Dec 18, 2006, 2:49:02 PM12/18/06
All s's and o's of today's news section on animeondvd.com linked here:

http://asosbrigade.com/

Would be one hell of a christmas present if it's for real.

cu
59cobalt
--
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight
flaw in my character."

Josef Drexler

Dec 18, 2006, 4:35:03 PM12/18/06
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers wrote:
> All s's and o's of today's news section on animeondvd.com linked here:
>
> http://asosbrigade.com/
>
> Would be one hell of a christmas present if it's for real.

So, either Haruhi season 2, or it's licensed.

Since www.haruhi.tv is "down" as well (showing a fake 404 message) with an
HTML comment containing a quote from novel 4, I'm guessing it's the former.

"Program Run Condition: Collect the keys. Deadline: Two Days Later."

--
Josef Drexler | http://jdrexler.com/home/
---------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Travers

Dec 19, 2006, 12:56:11 AM12/19/06
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 21:35:03 +0000, Josef Drexler wrote:

> Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers wrote:
>> All s's and o's of today's news section on animeondvd.com linked here:
>>
>> http://asosbrigade.com/
>>
>> Would be one hell of a christmas present if it's for real.
>
> So, either Haruhi season 2, or it's licensed.
>
> Since www.haruhi.tv is "down" as well (showing a fake 404 message) with an
> HTML comment containing a quote from novel 4, I'm guessing it's the former.

But why advertise through _ENGLISH_ Anime sites? It's not just
animeondvd, but ANN (ANN says their editorial dept is not allowed to ask
their ad & sales dept who bought the ads O_o).

And the fact there's still significant Japanese text on the site (the
copyright, etc.) leads me to think it's not ADV, and definitely not Viz.

The copyright in Japanese really puzzles me though. I know American
companies always show the copyright in English.

All I can say is: "Gabo! GABO! GABO!!!"

P.S. Whoever it is is hiding behind a web hosting company in PA because
the domain registration only lists them as the contact & owner.

--
----
Travers Naran, tna...@gmail.com

Travers

Dec 19, 2006, 12:56:43 AM12/19/06
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:49:02 +0000, Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers wrote:

> All s's and o's of today's news section on animeondvd.com linked here:
>
> http://asosbrigade.com/
>
> Would be one hell of a christmas present if it's for real.

If it is licensed... *Does the Haruhi dance*

Josef Drexler

Dec 19, 2006, 12:10:45 PM12/19/06
Travers wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 21:35:03 +0000, Josef Drexler wrote:
>

>>Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers wrote:
>>
>>>All s's and o's of today's news section on animeondvd.com linked here:
>>>
>>> http://asosbrigade.com/
>>>
>>>Would be one hell of a christmas present if it's for real.
>>
>>So, either Haruhi season 2, or it's licensed.
>>
>>Since www.haruhi.tv is "down" as well (showing a fake 404 message) with an
>>HTML comment containing a quote from novel 4, I'm guessing it's the former.
>
> But why advertise through _ENGLISH_ Anime sites? It's not just
> animeondvd, but ANN (ANN says their editorial dept is not allowed to ask
> their ad & sales dept who bought the ads O_o).

I hadn't noticed that. I suppose it could be both, really. The
asosbrigade.com being about it having been licenced, and the haruhi.tv
"disappearance" for an announcement of season 2.

Interestingly, there are a few pages still up on haruhi.tv, namely the
fanclub and all its sub-pages (http://www.haruhi.tv/fanclub/) and Yuki's SOS
Dan member page (http://www.haruhi.tv/member_yuki.html) with another quote
from novel 4. All the other pages that a Google "site:haruhi.tv" search
finds are gone.

Since today, two links have appeared on Yuki's page, one being an
application to join the literature club, and one apparently being the list
of books she's rented. Also there's an HTML comment on her page that I
can't quite make out, but it seems to say something like "Finally revenge!
Glory to the Computer Research Society!"

Maybe it's just Kadokawa re-enacting events from the novels, similar to what
they've done to the site when Mysterique Sign was airing.

> And the fact there's still significant Japanese text on the site (the
> copyright, etc.) leads me to think it's not ADV, and definitely not Viz.
>
> The copyright in Japanese really puzzles me though. I know American
> companies always show the copyright in English.

Yes, that's a bit weird. And the HTML comment in the source of
http://asosbrigade.com/ saying "禁則事項は12月22日に公表します。" or
"Classified information, to be made available on Dec 22nd."

> All I can say is: "Gabo! GABO! GABO!!!"
>
> P.S. Whoever it is is hiding behind a web hosting company in PA because
> the domain registration only lists them as the contact & owner.

It's a proxy registration, so you could in principle email the domain owner
at least, but I doubt you'd get a reply.

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Dec 19, 2006, 1:11:02 PM12/19/06
Josef Drexler <nospa...@joesbox.cjb.net> wrote:
> Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers wrote:
>> All s's and o's of today's news section on animeondvd.com linked here:
>>
>> http://asosbrigade.com/
>>
>> Would be one hell of a christmas present if it's for real.
>
> So, either Haruhi season 2, or it's licensed.
>
> Since www.haruhi.tv is "down" as well (showing a fake 404 message)
> with an HTML comment containing a quote from novel 4, I'm guessing
> it's the former.

The domain seems to be hosted in the US (by Hurricane Electric), the
title says "North America", and it's linked on animeondvd.com. IMHO
neither of these hints at a second season announcement. I was suspecting
that animeondvd.com could've been defaced, but since the page is still
up that's becoming less likely by the minute.

Chris Kuan

Dec 20, 2006, 4:16:39 AM12/20/06
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <usene...@planetcobalt.net> wrote on Wed 20
Dec 2006 05:11:02a

> I was suspecting
> that animeondvd.com could've been defaced, but since the page is still
> up that's becoming less likely by the minute.

Chris B. implied that he'd made those changes himself, so he's obviously
had a quiet word from the instigator.

--
Chris
Concatenate for email: mrgazpacho @ hotmail . com

Josef Drexler

Dec 20, 2006, 5:53:18 PM12/20/06
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers wrote:
> All s's and o's of today's news section on animeondvd.com linked here:
>
> http://asosbrigade.com/

Now the fan-site sos-dan.com (as well as .net and .org) has been taken over
too and points to the same server as asosbrigade.com. The site on the old
server is modified to show the same thing too.

I hope that doesn't mean they threatened the owner of sos-dan.com to do
this, that would be majorly uncool.

Josef Drexler

Dec 20, 2006, 7:29:18 PM12/20/06
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:53:18 -0500, Josef Drexler wrote:

> Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers wrote:
>> All s's and o's of today's news section on animeondvd.com linked here:
>>
>> http://asosbrigade.com/
>
> Now the fan-site sos-dan.com (as well as .net and .org) has been taken over
> too and points to the same server as asosbrigade.com. The site on the old
> server is modified to show the same thing too.
>
> I hope that doesn't mean they threatened the owner of sos-dan.com to do
> this, that would be majorly uncool.

It's official now, Kadokawa USA is the license holder.

Go to http://asosbrigade.com// and read the error message in the counter
script: "URL: http://asosbrigade.com// is not in auth database:
/home/kadousa/public_html/db/Authdb".

At least it's not 4kids :p

--
Josef Drexler | http://jdrexler.com/home/
---------------------------------+---------------------------------------

Please help Conserve Gravity | Email address is *valid*.

Walk with a light step. | Don't remove the "nospam" part.

Josef Drexler

Dec 20, 2006, 9:02:27 PM12/20/06
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 19:29:18 -0500, I wrote:
> It's official now, Kadokawa USA is the license holder.
>
> Go to http://asosbrigade.com// and read the error message in the counter
> script: "URL: http://asosbrigade.com// is not in auth database:
> /home/kadousa/public_html/db/Authdb".
>
> At least it's not 4kids :p

Looks like they fixed the problem in the counter script now.
But the truth is out!

Phil Yff

Dec 20, 2006, 9:17:36 PM12/20/06
On 18 Dec 2006 19:49:02 GMT, Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers wrote:

> All s's and o's of today's news section on animeondvd.com linked here:
>
> http://asosbrigade.com/
>
> Would be one hell of a christmas present if it's for real.

The only thing I've seen announced is vol. 3 of the radio dramas to be
released on CD.

Mata ato de,

Phil Yff

Phil Yff

Dec 20, 2006, 9:39:22 PM12/20/06
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 21:35:03 GMT, Josef Drexler wrote:

> Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers wrote:
>> All s's and o's of today's news section on animeondvd.com linked here:
>>
>> http://asosbrigade.com/
>>
>> Would be one hell of a christmas present if it's for real.
>
> So, either Haruhi season 2, or it's licensed.
>
> Since www.haruhi.tv is "down" as well (showing a fake 404 message) with an
> HTML comment containing a quote from novel 4, I'm guessing it's the former.

I don't think so. The KyoAni site is up with nothing special to report.
The latest news is just production diary comments by Kuronekoman related to
a TV special and some marketing/merchandising info.

Travers Naran

Dec 21, 2006, 1:21:44 PM12/21/06
> > I hope that doesn't mean they threatened the owner of sos-dan.com to do
> > this, that would be majorly uncool.It's official now, Kadokawa USA is the license holder.

Hopefully, it was a friendly favor request. :-)

> Go tohttp://asosbrigade.com//and read the error message in the counter
> script: "URL:http://asosbrigade.com//is not in auth database:
> /home/kadousa/public_html/db/Authdb".

Hmmmm.... Kadokawa was being coy at their last American con panel. I
am curious to know how well they'll handle it, and if they'll bring
over the novels too.

(FYI, Kadokawa published the original young-adult novels and the
mangas).

> At least it's not 4kids :p

*shudder*

Glenn Shaw

Dec 21, 2006, 1:47:29 PM12/21/06
Josef Drexler wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:53:18 -0500, Josef Drexler wrote:
>
>> Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers wrote:
>>> All s's and o's of today's news section on animeondvd.com linked here:
>>>
>>> http://asosbrigade.com/
>> Now the fan-site sos-dan.com (as well as .net and .org) has been taken over
>> too and points to the same server as asosbrigade.com. The site on the old
>> server is modified to show the same thing too.
>>
>> I hope that doesn't mean they threatened the owner of sos-dan.com to do
>> this, that would be majorly uncool.
>
> It's official now, Kadokawa USA is the license holder.
>
> Go to http://asosbrigade.com// and read the error message in the counter
> script: "URL: http://asosbrigade.com// is not in auth database:
> /home/kadousa/public_html/db/Authdb".

There's also this line in the page's HTML source code:

<!-- It is coming soon Haruhiism forever North America -->

This text is not visible on the page.

Glenn Shaw | Indianapolis, IN USA
To reply by e-mail, swap the net and cast

Abraham Evangelista

Dec 22, 2006, 4:16:02 AM12/22/06
On 21 Dec 2006 10:21:44 -0800, "Travers Naran" <tna...@gmail.com>
wrote:

And it looks like Bandai Entertainment won the bidding. That was
unexpected!
--
"Lyrical Tokarev! Kill them All!" - Touge Chan
Abraham Evangelista

Josef Drexler

Dec 22, 2006, 11:04:46 AM12/22/06

http://asosbrigade.com/ says "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya in North
America is being released by Kadokawa Pictures USA and distributed by
Bandai Entertainment. Now I must sleep. -Kyon"