Semi-OT: What web comics do you read?

Larry W. Virden

May 5, 2005, 8:12:02 AM5/5/05
I recently found MegaTokyo, and that caused me to wonder what other web
comics people find that are interesting to anime and manga fans?

Ethan Hammond

May 5, 2005, 9:39:51 AM5/5/05

http://www.animearcadia.com/ The one and only!

--
All Purpose Culture Randomness
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html

Elf M. Sternberg

May 5, 2005, 9:44:44 AM5/5/05
"Larry W. Virden" <lvi...@gmail.com> writes:

> I recently found MegaTokyo, and that caused me to wonder what other web
> comics people find that are interesting to anime and manga fans?

Here's the list from my RSS aggregator:

MegaTokyo http://www.megatokyo.com/
Non Sequitur http://www.ucomics.com/nonsequitur/viewnq.htm
Sinfest http://sinfest.net
Mac Hall http://www.MacHall.com/
Something Positive http://www.somethingpositive.net/
User Friendly http://www.userfriendly.org/static/
As If http://www.asifcomic.com/
Errant Story http://www.errantstory.com
The Norm http://www.thenorm.com/
Kevin and Kell http://www.kevinandkell.com/
Rose Is Rose http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/roseisrose/index.html
Dilbert http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/index.html
FoxTrot http://www.ucomics.com/foxtrot/viewft.htm
Doonesbury http://www.ucomics.com/doonesbury/viewdb.htm
Tom the Dancing Bug http://www.ucomics.com/tomthedancingbug/viewtd.htm
Doctor Fun http://www.ibiblio.org/Dave/Dr-Fun/html/
Redmeat http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/current/
Real Life Adventures http://www.ucomics.com/reallifeadventures/viewrl.htm
Angst Technology http://www.inktank.com/AT/
9 to 5 http://www.comicspage.com/9to5/index.html
Adam@home http://www.ucomics.com/adamathome/viewad.htm
Arlo & Janis http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/arlonjanis/index.html
Baby Blues http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/comics/Baby_Blues.dtl
Baldo http://www.ucomics.com/baldo/viewba.htm
Big Nate http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/bignate/index.html
Bound and Gagged http://www.comicspage.com/bound/index.html
Calvin and Hobbes http://www.ucomics.com/calvinandhobbes/viewch.htm
Cathy http://www.ucomics.com/cathy/viewca.htm
Cats with Hands http://www.comicspage.com/cats/index.html
Committed http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/committed/index.html
Dork Tower http://www.dorktower.com/
Drabble http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/drabble/index.html
Goats http://www.goats.com/
Helen, Sweetheart of the Internet http://www.comicspage.com/helen/index.html
The Joy of Tech http://www.joyoftech.com/joyoftech/
Loose Parts http://www.comicspage.com/looseparts2/index.html
Meg! http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/meg/index.html
Mixed Media http://www.comicspage.com/mixedmedia/index.html
Reality Check http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/reality/index.html
Rhymes with Orange http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/comics/Rhymes_with_Orange.dtl
Sally Forth http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/comics/Sally_Forth.dtl
Stone Soup http://www.ucomics.com/stonesoup/viewss.htm
Strange Brew http://www.creators.com/comics_show.cfm?comicname=brw
The 5th Wave http://www.ucomics.com/thefifthwave/viewfw.htm
Zits http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/comics/Zits.dtl
Nip 'N Tuck http://nipandtuck.keenspace.com
Under The Lemon Tree http://utlt.keenspace.com
Elf Life: R Rated http://www.elflife.com/adults.html
Winter http://www.wintercomic.com/
Strip Tease Comic http://www.stripteasecomic.com/
Bob, The Angry Flower http://angryflower.com/
Randy Glasbergen http://www.glasbergen.com
Alice! http://www.alicecomics.com/today.html
The Devil's Panties http://thedevilspanties.keenspace.com
Sex and Violence http://www.mrbang.net
Under Power http://underpower.non-essential.com/
Nekobox http://www.nekobox.org
On The Fast Track http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/comics/Fast_Track.dtl
Queen of Wands http://www.queenofwands.net/
Tom Toles http://www2.uclick.com/client/wpc/tt/
Cat and Girl http://www.catandgirl.com/
Scary Go Round http://scarygoround.com/

Frank White

May 5, 2005, 10:01:18 AM5/5/05
In article <1115295122....@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, lvi...@gmail.com says...

>I recently found MegaTokyo, and that caused me to wonder what other web
>comics people find that are interesting to anime and manga fans?

"Jack". Darkness levened with hope. I think I'm in love with
Silverblue and that Fnar is one of the happiest innocents living
in Hell and tormenting sinner and demon alike with bad jokes that
I've ever seen! ^_^

"Underpowered". It's on hiatus, now, but the satiric take on
standard superheroism was a hoot. So was Kitten, the underage
sexbomb cyborg cat-girl who was losing her marbles even as we
watched and whose mix of innocence and deadly insanity was both
funny and terrifying...

FW

QUARTZ.DLL

May 5, 2005, 10:22:57 AM5/5/05
Quite a list O_o ... Unfortunately or not,
I do not have the time to even start perusing it
-.-

Christopher Fiore

May 5, 2005, 11:00:41 AM5/5/05
Larry W. Virden wrote:
> I recently found MegaTokyo, and that caused me to wonder what other
> web comics people find that are interesting to anime and manga fans?

I'm currently reading 8-bit theater and Foxfire Chronicles.

Elf M. Sternberg

May 5, 2005, 11:40:02 AM5/5/05
"QUARTZ.DLL" <rashoji...@yahoo.com.au> writes:

> Quite a list O_o ... Unfortunately or not,
> I do not have the time to even start perusing it

If you use an aggregator, it's pretty easy to follow them all in
only a few minutes a day. They all come as one sheet.

Elf

Fish Eye no Miko

May 5, 2005, 1:07:57 PM5/5/05
Larry W. Virden wrote:

And Shine Heaven Now is a Hellsing Web Doujinshi:
http://hellsing.keenspace.com/

El Goonish Shive is pretty cool:
http://elgoonishshive.keenspot.com/

Okashina Okashi (Strange Candy) is cute:
http://www.strangecandy.net/

There's also Sublunary:
http://sublunary.keenspace.com/
Which features yaoi and shota

Avalon features some yaoi, as well:
http://avalon.keenspace.com/

I also like Oriyan!:
http://jadephoenix.org/oriyan/

And Van Von Hunter:
http://www.vanvonhunter.com/
BTW, there's a TDB of this comic, which features stories not in the comic
(they take place a few years down the road).

Catherine Johnson.
--
fenm at cox dot net
"There's nothing about this room that a nice coat of fire wouldn't fix."

Lord Craxton

May 5, 2005, 1:42:04 PM5/5/05

"Larry W. Virden" <lvi...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I recently found MegaTokyo, and that caused me to wonder what other web
> comics people find that are interesting to anime and manga fans?

First thing I do when I get up in the morning, after breakfast and so on, is
to check out Megatokyo. After that, I head over to Keenspot and take a look
at Errant Story, Gaming Guardians, It's Walky!, Shortpacked!, Sinfest, Bruno
the Bandit, Count Your Sheep, and Dominic Deegan, in that order. Later on
I'll check out Jack, and on mondays, I look up Anime Arcadia, Powerpuff
Girls Doujinshi, and Homestar Runner. Occassionally, when feeling bored,
I'll take a look at Girly, The Adventures of Penis, Mac Hall, or Penny
Arcade. I used to read RPG World, but they seem to have gone dormant. I also
used to read 8-bit theater, but got out of the habit and now can't be
bothered to catch up.

-Lord Craxton

Lord Craxton

May 5, 2005, 1:47:58 PM5/5/05

"Elf M. Sternberg" <e...@drizzle.com> wrote in message

> "Larry W. Virden" <lvi...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I recently found MegaTokyo, and that caused me to wonder what other web
> > comics people find that are interesting to anime and manga fans?
>
> Here's the list from my RSS aggregator:
>
> MegaTokyo http://www.megatokyo.com/
> Non Sequitur http://www.ucomics.com/nonsequitur/viewnq.htm
> Sinfest http://sinfest.net
> Mac Hall http://www.MacHall.com/
> Something Positive http://www.somethingpositive.net/
> User Friendly http://www.userfriendly.org/static/
> As If http://www.asifcomic.com/
> Errant Story http://www.errantstory.com
> The Norm http://www.thenorm.com/
> Kevin and Kell http://www.kevinandkell.com/

I used to read that, but it's been in decline for awhile. The strip's
universe becomes more and more ridiculous as it develops, the "serious"
plotlines are laughable, and he has a bad habit of resolving plotlines by
engineering complex cop-outs.

Am I alone in thinking this strip is badly drawn and stupid?

Never got into that. I hear the author has come under fire for taking
liberal hiatuses and begging for money. That, and his girl's breasts are
positively ridiculous.

-Lord Craxton

Lord Craxton

May 5, 2005, 1:50:30 PM5/5/05

"Frank White" <fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com> wrote in message

> In article <1115295122....@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
lvi...@gmail.com says...

> >I recently found MegaTokyo, and that caused me to wonder what other web
> >comics people find that are interesting to anime and manga fans?
>
> "Jack". Darkness levened with hope. I think I'm in love with
> Silverblue and that Fnar is one of the happiest innocents living
> in Hell and tormenting sinner and demon alike with bad jokes that
> I've ever seen! ^_^

I like that strip, but between the dark plotlines, liberal gore, and sexual
perversion, I have a hard time reccommending it to a lot of people. And you
can't do big fight scenes in a thrice-weekly comic- it drags after a while.

-Lord Craxton

Lord Craxton

May 5, 2005, 1:51:23 PM5/5/05

"Lord Craxton" <lord_c...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Oh, and VG Cats too, when I get the chance.

-Lord Craxton

Christopher Fiore

May 5, 2005, 5:27:45 PM5/5/05
Elf M. Sternberg wrote:

> If you use an aggregator, it's pretty easy to follow them all
> in only a few minutes a day. They all come as one sheet.

What's an aggregator?

Sea Wasp

May 5, 2005, 5:52:08 PM5/5/05
Larry W. Virden wrote:
> I recently found MegaTokyo, and that caused me to wonder what other web
> comics people find that are interesting to anime and manga fans?

Sluggy Freelance, Schlock Mercenary, GPF, Something Positive,
Bleedman's PPG Doujinshi, Miracles of Science.

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Freezer

May 5, 2005, 7:16:24 PM5/5/05
If I don't reply to this Larry W. Virden post, the terrorists win.

> I recently found MegaTokyo, and that caused me to wonder what
> other web comics people find that are interesting to anime and
> manga fans?

My full webcomic list would be too long to list here. But I'll
highlight some that haven't been mentioned (or I haven't noticed
being mentioned) yet.

9th Elsewhere - http://www.9thelsewhere.com/
Angels 2200 - http://www.angels2200.com/
Better Days - http://www.jaynaylor.com/betterdays/
(Good comic, even if Naylor takes it and himself WAY too seriously)
Count Your Sheep - http://www.countyoursheep.com/
Chugworth Academy - http://chugworth.com/comic.php
DMFA - http://www.missmab.com/
Errant Story - http://www.errantstory.com/
Kagerou - http://www.electric-manga.com/
A Modest Destiny - http://www.squidi.net/index.php
Misfile - http://www.misfile.com/
The Order of the Stick
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript
Patchwork Heroes - http://yeti.keenspace.com/
Polymer City Chronicles - http://www.polymercitychronicles.com/
Questionable Content - http://www.questionablecontent.net/
Sabrina Online - http://www.sabrina-online.com/thismonth.html
Supermegatopia - http://www.supermegatopia.com/
Those Destined - http://thosedestined.pensandtales.com/
The Wotch - http://www.thewotch.com/
You Say It First - http://ysif.namirdeiter.com/index.php

--
My name is:
____ _

And my anti-drug is porn.
http://www.geocities.com/mysterysciencefreezer

Chris Kern

May 5, 2005, 6:59:31 PM5/5/05
On 5 May 2005 05:12:02 -0700, "Larry W. Virden" <lvi...@gmail.com>
posted the following:

>I recently found MegaTokyo, and that caused me to wonder what other web
>comics people find that are interesting to anime and manga fans?

Something Positive (www.somethingpositive.com) is my current favorite
webstrip, but I also read It's Walky! (www.itswalky.com), Shortpacked!
(www.shortpacked.com), Sexy Losers (www.sexylosers.com), and RPG World
(www.rpgworldcomic.com).

-Chris

Eric Schwartz

May 5, 2005, 7:45:49 PM5/5/05
"Larry W. Virden" <lvi...@gmail.com> writes:
> I recently found MegaTokyo, and that caused me to wonder what other web
> comics people find that are interesting to anime and manga fans?

From my regular list (some of these are only 1-3x/week):

* Sluggy Freelance -- http://www.sluggy.com/
* Something Positive -- http://www.somethingpositive.net/
* 9 Chickweed Lane -- http://www.chickweed.com/
* Pibgorn -- http://www.chickweed.com/comics/pibgorn/
* Get Fuzzy -- http://www.comics.com/comics/getfuzzy/
* Ozy and Millie -- http://www.ozyandmillie.org/
* Foxtrot
* Boondocks -- both from the comics section on
http://www.washingtonpost.com/
* PvP -- http://www.pvponline.com/
* Real Life -- http://www.reallifecomics.com/
* Schlock Mercenary -- http://www.schlockmercenary.com/
* Diesel Sweeties -- http://www.dieselsweeties.com/
* Gaming Guardians -- http://www.gamingguardians.com/
* Boxjam's Doodle -- http://www.boxjamsdoodle.com/
* Greystone Inn -- http://www.greystoneinn.net/
* Faans! -- http://www.faans.com/ -- this is over, but
still mostly good.
* It's Walky! -- http://www.itswalky.com/
* Penny Arcade -- http://www.penny-arcade.com/
* 8-Bit Theatre -- http://www.nuklearpower.com/comic/
* Freefall -- http://freefall.purrsia.com/
* Nukees! -- http://www.nukees.com/
* Megatokyo
* Irregular Webcomic! -- http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/
* College Roomies From Hell! -- http://www.crfh.net/
* Nodwick (once/week) -- http://archive.gamespy.com/comics/nodwick/gamespyarchive/newnodwick.html
* Full Frontal Nerdity -- http://archive.gamespy.com/comics/nodwick/ffn/ffn.htm

-=Eric
-- Blair Houghton.

Glenn Shaw

May 5, 2005, 9:40:41 PM5/5/05
Christopher Fiore wrote in rec.arts.anime.misc:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_aggregator

--
Glenn Shaw • Indianapolis, IN USA
Sergeant-at-Arms, Indiana Animation Club (www.indyanime.org)

Frank White

May 5, 2005, 9:57:57 PM5/5/05
In article <117kn75...@news.supernews.com>, lord_c...@yahoo.com says...

>"Frank White" <fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com> wrote in message
>> In article <1115295122....@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
>lvi...@gmail.com says...
>> >
>> >I recently found MegaTokyo, and that caused me to wonder what other web
>> >comics people find that are interesting to anime and manga fans?
>>
>> "Jack". Darkness levened with hope. I think I'm in love with
>> Silverblue and that Fnar is one of the happiest innocents living
>> in Hell and tormenting sinner and demon alike with bad jokes that
>> I've ever seen! ^_^
>>

>I like that strip, but between the dark plotlines, liberal gore, and sexual
>perversion, I have a hard time reccommending it to a lot of people.

Well, it's NSFW. that's for sure.

>And you
>can't do big fight scenes in a thrice-weekly comic- it drags after a while.
>
> -Lord Craxton

(shrug) I don't have problems with it. The current plotline/battle,
with our estwhile Jack (aka the sin of Wrath, AND the Grim Reaper,
but really a nice guy despite that) and the Angels Farrago and
Reckonin trying to rescue Arloest (sp?) from Drip's evil (and
SLIMY!!) clutches has enough emotion in it to carry interest even
if it's going slow. Especially since we just saw that Jack IS
Wrath, and you never ever ever want to make him lose his temper...

(I'm curious as to just what's going to happen with Arloest next.
She is still a damned soul, after all, and has never faced up to just
how wrong her initial suicide was... Even if they get her away from
Drip, she'll still be stuck in Hell unless they go the 'Frightened
Virgil' route and manage to make her face up to what she's done and
start repenting...)

FW

Frank White

May 5, 2005, 10:42:45 PM5/5/05
In article <d5d8ve$24f3$2...@news.fsr.net>, fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com says...

>In article <1115295122....@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, lvi...@gmail.com says...
>>
>>I recently found MegaTokyo, and that caused me to wonder what other web
>>comics people find that are interesting to anime and manga fans?

Whoops, should have posted URLs! And a few other comics...

>"Jack". Darkness levened with hope. I think I'm in love with
>Silverblue and that Fnar is one of the happiest innocents living
>in Hell and tormenting sinner and demon alike with bad jokes that
>I've ever seen! ^_^

http://www.pholph.com/

(often not safe for work)

>"Underpowered". It's on hiatus, now, but the satiric take on
>standard superheroism was a hoot. So was Kitten, the underage
>sexbomb cyborg cat-girl who was losing her marbles even as we
>watched and whose mix of innocence and deadly insanity was both
>funny and terrifying...

ttp://underpower.non-essential.com/index.php

(ocassionally NSFW)

And now, the new comics:

"User Friendly" - Strange computer techs in an even stranger land...

http://www.userfriendly.org/

(SFW)

"There Goes the Neighborhood" - The one and only YingGirl, and her
sprite adventures in a VERY odd variation of the Sailor Moon universe...

http://www.genvid.com/TGTN/

(very SFW)

FW

Antonio E. Gonzalez

May 6, 2005, 1:23:36 AM5/6/05
wrote:

>I recently found MegaTokyo, and that caused me to wonder what other web
>comics people find that are interesting to anime and manga fans?

Oooh, let's see! ( . . . and this does *not* include the newpaper
comics I read on the web . . .):

Unshelved:
<http://www.overduemedia.com/>
"Everyday life" for librarians.

Madam and Eve:
<http://www.madamandeve.co.za/>
Life in, and commentary on, modern South Africa.

Megatokyo:
<http://www.megatokyo.com/>
It's teh 0n3!!1

Penny Arcade:
<http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3>
So offensive, yet so much gaming fun!

Medium Large:
<http://www.drinkatwork.com/mediumlarge.html>
From the current artist of Sally Forth; who'd have thought, without
syndicate restraints, he's actually . . . funny!

Dr. Fun:
<http://www.ibiblio.org/Dave/>
OG of webcomics; still referencing the obscure and the nasty!

Instant Classic Entertainment:
<http://www.iccomics.com/>
Good when it tries . . .

Life on Forbez:
<http://cdc.keenspace.com/>
Mundane, extraterrestiral life for a single alien mother; had taken
quite the turn . . .

Little Saiyalings
<http://saiyalings.keenspace.com/>
Tiny Dragon Ball Adventures!

Crossroads
<http://graphicsmash.com/series.php?name=crossroads&view=current>
CDC gets f'ing serious . . .

Voices in My Hand
<http://www.voicesinmyhand.com/>

Single-panel weirdness; yet another Far Side wannabe . . .

Brad the Vampire
<http://www.bradthevampire.co.uk/>
Adventure and angst for Dracula's son and his buds . . .

The Norm:
<http://www.thenorm.com/>
Went good when it went web-only; whoda thougth it!

Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi:
<http://bleedman.snafu-comics.com/>
Disturbingly good, considering who takes part . . .

I Drew This:
<http://www.idrewthis.org/>
Politics; heavily depends on your preference . . .

Something Positive:
<http://www.somethingpositive.net/index.html>
Mean-spirited and angry to the core . . . I love it!

Userfirendly:
<http://www.userfriendly.org/>
Canadian programming oldie; getting stale, but I still check it.

Anthropomorphic goodness!

PvP:
<http://www.pvponline.com/>
Gaming, business, and some real life.

Nana's Everyday Life:
<http://manga.clone-army.org/nana.php>
Elfen Lied'd Nana's POV . . .

Tomoyo42's Room:
<http://manga.clone-army.org/t42r.php>
You'll never see Cardcaptor Sakura the same way again . . .

Real Life:
<http://www.reallifecomics.com/>
Gaming, and anything *but* "real life"!

Mac Hall:
<http://www.machall.com/>
Gaming, some real life . . .

The Wotch:
<http://www.thewotch.com/>
More than a witch, she's The Wotch!

Loserz:
<http://loserz.scribblekid.org/index.php>
Two nerdy guys, and the sluttiest 16 year-old girl ever, make for
three unlikely best friends.

Girly:
<http://go-girly.com/>
HLA, and überweirdness; basically, the usual from Josh Lesnick.

Sluggy Freelance:
<http://www.sluggy.com/>
Oldie, weirdie, goodie!

The KEEN bunch!:
It's Walky!:
<http://www.itswalky.com/>
It's done! It's for the fans now!

Greystone Inn:
<http://www.greystoneinn.net/>
Behind the scenes of a comic strip.

Melonpool:
<http://www.melonpool.com/>
Sci-fi fun!

On reruns with creator commentary; life for the single Wiccan.

RPG World:
<http://www.rpgworldcomic.com/>
It's a game!

Sex and Violence:
<http://www.mrbang.net/>
Ummm, the title says it all . . .

Shortpacked!:
<http://www.shortpacked.com/>
Life for toy store employees . . .

Sore Thumbs:
<http://www.sorethumbsonline.com/>
The abienormal denizens of a video game store . . .

Wapsi Square:
<http://www.wapsisquare.com/>
Short girl, big boobies, and the Aztec god of alcohol, among other
things . . .

You Damn Kid!
<http://www.youdamnkid.com/>
A kid, the 70s, and twisted memories . . .

Alice:
<http://www.alicecomics.com/>
Canadian preteen girl; *way* too wild imagination!

Antihero for Hire:
<http://antiheroforhire.com/>
Batman . . . if he had to work for a living . . .

Bruno the Bandit:
<http://www.brunothebandit.com/>
D&D anachronistic fun!

College Roomies From Hell!!!:
<http://www.crfh.net/>
College with way too many sci-fi twists . . .

Count Your Sheep:
<http://www.countyoursheep.com/>
The Family Circus of webcomics . . .

El Goonish Shive:
<http://elgoonishshive.com/>
Teen angst, instant sex changes, all kindsa weirdness!

Errant Story:
<http://www.errantstory.com/>
Michael Poe does D&D . . .

GPF:
<http://www.gpf-comics.com/>
*Much* more than a software company . . .

Ethan Hammond

May 6, 2005, 1:55:17 AM5/6/05
"Frank White" <fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com> wrote in message
> "Underpowered". It's on hiatus, now, but the satiric take on
> standard superheroism was a hoot. So was Kitten, the underage
> sexbomb cyborg cat-girl who was losing her marbles even as we
> watched and whose mix of innocence and deadly insanity was both
> funny and terrifying...

Wasn't that published by Sirius for awhile in comic book form?

Ethan Hammond

May 6, 2005, 1:56:16 AM5/6/05
Dragon Ball AF! ^_-

Ethan Hammond

May 6, 2005, 1:58:28 AM5/6/05
"Lord Craxton" <lord_c...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> First thing I do when I get up in the morning, after breakfast and so on,
> is
> to check out Megatokyo.

Are you serious? Heh.

>It's Walky!, Shortpacked!,

I know David Willis!

>Count Your Sheep

This is one of the best,

>Anime Arcadia

Yay, YAY! *THUMBS UP* I hope the new artist is good.

And what no Sore Thumbs what with the good art and terrible story?

Ethan Hammond

May 6, 2005, 2:00:18 AM5/6/05
Elf Only Inn

This one is on permanent hiatus, but it was one of my favorites
during its run.

http://www.elfonlyinn.net/

felinoel

May 6, 2005, 10:54:18 AM5/6/05
lol im not sure if anyone already said this webcomic but im currently
reading like 20 webcomics now and excluding megatokyo
www.rpgworldcomic.com is my favorate and i would very much so highly
recomend it (if your a gamer, if your not you prbly wouldnt understand
it)

Eric Schwartz

May 6, 2005, 12:41:00 PM5/6/05
"Ethan Hammond" <esha...@worldnet.att.net> writes:
> "Lord Craxton" <lord_c...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>Count Your Sheep
>
> This is one of the best,

Wow, how could I forget Adis! He is totally my hero. How can you
look at a strip like http://countyoursheep.com/d/20050421.html and not
want more is what I'd like to know!

The Eternal Lost Lurker

May 6, 2005, 1:52:46 PM5/6/05

"felinoel" <readers...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

I'm frankly amazed you're able to understand ANYTHING, given your apparent
total lack of a brain.

--
Samurai Shampoo: Because when your
guts are spilling out of the sword wound

The Wanderer

May 6, 2005, 2:35:00 PM5/6/05
Sea Wasp wrote:

> Larry W. Virden wrote:
>
>> I recently found MegaTokyo, and that caused me to wonder what other
>> web comics people find that are interesting to anime and manga
>> fans?
>
> Sluggy Freelance, Schlock Mercenary, GPF, Something Positive,
> Bleedman's PPG Doujinshi, Miracles of Science.

Heh. The first three of those were on my shortlist when I actually had
the time to read Webcomics regularly, and two of them still are when I
take the time to do it anyway. The third entry on the current list has
also already been cited: El Goonish Shive. (I'm about two weeks behind
on that; it's about time I went to catch up again...)

--
The Wanderer

side of it.

Mike Swaim

May 6, 2005, 7:49:22 PM5/6/05
Larry W. Virden wrote:

> I recently found MegaTokyo, and that caused me to wonder what other
> web comics people find that are interesting to anime and manga fans?

Here's the few that I follow;
A Miracle of Science
(Mad science in the far future)
http://www.project-apollo.net/mos/index.html

Sluffy Freelance (Although it's been going downhill)
http://www.sluggy.com/

Ghastly's Ghastly Comic (Really NSFW)
Tentacle monsters and the girls who love them
http://www.ghastlycomic.com/

Pibgorn (From the guy who does 9 Chickwood Lane)
(Featuring a faerie, a succubus and a pianist)
http://www.comics.com/comics/pibgorn/index.html

--
Mike Swaim
sw...@hal-pc.org

Phillip Thorne

May 6, 2005, 11:02:44 PM5/6/05
On 5 May 2005, "Larry W. Virden" <lvi...@gmail.com> asked:

>I recently found MegaTokyo, and that caused me to wonder what other web
>comics people find that are interesting to anime and manga fans?

Like a few other respondents to the thread: "Schlock Mercenary"
(www.schlockmercenary.com), intelligent mil-SF space-opera comedy by
one Howard Tayler, formerly hosted on Keenspot. Newspaper-style four
panels per issue, one issue a day, for the past five years. (Some
webcomics publish three times a week, with a physical format more like
a single page of a comic book.)

The plot of "Schlock Mercenary" moves quickly -- the characters have
advanced through about a dozen adventures in the 1000+ issues -- and
Tayler's plotting manages a punchline in most of them. I plowed
through the lot of them in about a week (between jobs; and I should've
been job hunting). Yes, I bought myself a Keenspot Premium
Membership.

Rather a lot of dismemberments, though. But it's okay; as in
"Futurama," the medical technology of the 31st century makes them only
minor inconveniences. (It's convincing the *insurance company* that's
the challenge.)

Then I discovered "Sore Thumbs" (www.sorethumbs.com), which is
described thusly by Keenspot...

Liberal activist Cecania is forced to work in the video
game shop owned by her conservative brother Fairbanks. If
CNN's CROSSFIRE was set in a video game shop and James Carville
was an attractive pink-haired girl drawn anime-style, it would
be SORE THUMBS!

...Fairbanks makes George Bush II look reasonable and balanced, was
acquitted of patriotically murdering two people he believed to be
terrorists (he drowned them in soup), and Cecania has a degree in
Horror Movie Hosting. The dialogue is very "Invader Zim" in that the
most appalling and nonsensical things are said with Great! Conviction!
Oh, and there are other characters too.

The comic runs M-W-F and is drawn in black/white/grey, so you can't
tell that the talking dwarf polar bear with improbable video game
skills (look out, MT's Largo) is blue.

/- Phillip Thorne ----------- The Non-Sequitur Express --------------------\
| org underbase ta thorne www.underbase.org It's the boundary |
| net comcast ta pethorne site, newsletter, blog conditions that |
\------------------------------------------------------- get you ----------/

Kurt Bernhard Pruenner

May 7, 2005, 8:07:09 AM5/7/05
"Larry W. Virden" wrote:
> I recently found MegaTokyo, and that caused me to wonder what other
> web comics people find that are interesting to anime and manga fans?

Well, I've got a list of webcomics at the top of the links page on my
website, so feel free to peruse it:

http://leak.no-ip.org/Links/

(Including a few German ones, so if the text looks like gibberish it's
probably that... ;)

Since you asked for webcomics interesting for anime and manga fans, I'm
gonna pick a few off that list:

* Count Your Sheep <http://www.countyoursheep.com/>
* Sinfest <http://www.sinfest.net/>
* Wapsi Square <http://www.wapsisquare.com/>

* Beaver and Steve <http://www.beaverandsteve.com/>
* Chugworth Academy <http://www.chugworth.com/>

* Dev Style <http://comic.devstyle.net/>
* Mine's Bigger!! <http://minesbigger.novablade.com/>
* VG Cats <http://www.vgcats.com/>
* Zebra Girl <http://zebragirl.keenspot.com/>

* Altermeta <http://www.altermeta.com/>

--
Kurt Bernhard Pruenner --- Haendelstrasse 17 --- 4020 Linz --- Austria
.......It might be written "Mindfuck", but it's spelt "L-A-I-N".......

Ethan Hammond

May 8, 2005, 7:26:07 AM5/8/05
"Eric Schwartz" <emsc...@pobox.com> wrote in message

> "Ethan Hammond" <esha...@worldnet.att.net> writes:
>
>> This is one of the best,
>
> Wow, how could I forget Adis! He is totally my hero. How can you
> look at a strip like http://countyoursheep.com/d/20050421.html and not
> want more is what I'd like to know!

Ahhh Katie your view of the world pleases me so!
I almost wonder if Yotsuba is going to be the manga equivalent of Count
Your Sheep.

swlucky

May 8, 2005, 12:34:44 PM5/8/05

Larry W. Virden wrote:
> I recently found MegaTokyo, and that caused me to wonder what other
web
> comics people find that are interesting to anime and manga fans?

I have read many web comics over the years, but there is only one I am
currently reading as the come out.