A really good anime review page?

1 view

James R. Leek

Oct 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/2/98

Does anyone know of a really good anime review web page? I get
on the anime turnpike, under reviews, and there are hundreds of pages.
The problem is, none of them are any good. I would like in depth
reviews of fansubs I haven't seen and such. Most pages have a few
reviews of popular released anime. How many reviews does there need to
be of Evangelion? Everybody already knows it good! I would like to
know if "Future boy Conan" is any good. What about "Brother, dear
Brothe" or "Miricle Girls"? The the rare occasion I've seen a page
with a lot of titles, the reviews end up being 1 liners like: "Oh!
My Goddess: Boy meets goddess. Good." I've only seen one really
good page "Dark Side of the Sun Reviews", but even they don't have
everything! Please, can some one direct me to a good page?

Thanks

--

Jim Leek
jrl...@ecst.csuchico.edu

Michael Mr. Groovy Toole

Oct 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/2/98
In article <6v1ql0$sgg$1...@hubble.csuchico.edu>, jrl...@ecst.csuchico.edu
(James R. Leek) wrote:

> Does anyone know of a really good anime review web page? I get

Well, my page only does reviews of commercially-available stuff, but
the reviews are ususally between 600 and 1,000 words long. A bit more
than one line. ;-)
--
michael "mr. groovy" toole ------> chie...@animejump.com
Anime Jump WWW magazine. Go here: www.animejump.com

Chika

Oct 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/2/98

James R. Leek <jrl...@ecst.csuchico.edu> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a really good anime review web page? I get

> on the anime turnpike, under reviews, and there are hundreds of pages.
> The problem is, none of them are any good. I would like in depth
> reviews of fansubs I haven't seen and such. Most pages have a few
> reviews of popular released anime. How many reviews does there need to
> be of Evangelion? Everybody already knows it good! I would like to
> know if "Future boy Conan" is any good. What about "Brother, dear
> Brothe" or "Miricle Girls"? The the rare occasion I've seen a page
> with a lot of titles, the reviews end up being 1 liners like: "Oh!
> My Goddess: Boy meets goddess. Good." I've only seen one really
> good page "Dark Side of the Sun Reviews", but even they don't have
> everything! Please, can some one direct me to a good page?

http://users.uniserve.com/~ryanm6/files.htm

..well, Ryan says it's good! ^_^

(I also do reviews, but it is geared toward the UK market, and only covers
the last couple of years atm, but you are welcome there too!)

--
______
| /\ | Chika (irc #anime) - mad...@argonet.co.uk Phoebe? Wherefore
| //\\ | The Lurkers' Retreat / Madoka's Crash Pages ART thou, Phoebe?
|_/__\_| http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/madoka/ (ZFC A / CAPOW)

... It's not so much how we stand as the direction we're moving.

Erin Cochran

Oct 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/2/98
James R. Leek <jrl...@ecst.csuchico.edu> wrote in article
<6v1ql0$sgg$1...@hubble.csuchico.edu>...

> Does anyone know of a really good anime review web page? I get
> on the anime turnpike, under reviews, and there are hundreds of pages.
> The problem is, none of them are any good. I would like in depth
> reviews of fansubs I haven't seen and such. Most pages have a few
> reviews of popular released anime. How many reviews does there need to
> be of Evangelion? Everybody already knows it good! I would like to
> know if "Future boy Conan" is any good. What about "Brother, dear
> Brothe" or "Miricle Girls"? The the rare occasion I've seen a page
> with a lot of titles, the reviews end up being 1 liners like: "Oh!
> My Goddess: Boy meets goddess. Good." I've only seen one really
> good page "Dark Side of the Sun Reviews", but even they don't have
> everything! Please, can some one direct me to a good page?

Non-anime watchers review of anime
http://anduin.eldar.org/~brad/anime.html

This site doesn't have any fansubs, so it might not be quite
what you're looking for, but it does have decent, if fairly short,
reviews of nearly 125 commercially released anime. It's
definitely larger than most review sites I've seen.

Erin Cochran
ecoc...@knox.knox.edu

Frederic Goetzinger

Oct 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/2/98
On 2 Oct 1998, James R. Leek wrote:

> Does anyone know of a really good anime review web page? I get

[...]

This site has many reviews about fansubs, English language video
releases and animes available on the satellite in Europe:
http://users.powernet.co.uk/shoujo/
(Note that in spite of the address it doesn't only deals with shoujo
mangas/animes). Definitly one of the best review page I know...
Hope this helps,
Frederic.

-----------
Frederic Goetzinger <goet...@cti.ecp.fr>
The World Masterpiece Theater Animes:
http://www.cti.ecp.fr/~goetzif9/wmt/main_E.htm

anim...@my-dejanews.com

Oct 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/16/98
Try the following sites:

The Anime Cafe:
http://www.abcb.com/

A Parent's Guide to Anime
http://www.abcb.com/parents/

The Casual Otaku
http://www.casualotaku.com/

T.H.E.M. Anime Reviews
http://www.asu.edu/studetprograms/orgs/them/Anime/Reviews/

Yeah, the last one's a long URL to remember....

Akio Nagatomi
The Anime Cafe
URL -- http://www.abcb.com/
e-mail -- mas...@abcb.com

In article <6v1ql0$sgg$1...@hubble.csuchico.edu>,

jrl...@ecst.csuchico.edu (James R. Leek) wrote:

> Does anyone know of a really good anime review web page? I get

> on the anime turnpike, under reviews, and there are hundreds of pages.
> The problem is, none of them are any good. I would like in depth
> reviews of fansubs I haven't seen and such. Most pages have a few
> reviews of popular released anime. How many reviews does there need to
> be of Evangelion? Everybody already knows it good! I would like to
> know if "Future boy Conan" is any good. What about "Brother, dear
> Brothe" or "Miricle Girls"? The the rare occasion I've seen a page
> with a lot of titles, the reviews end up being 1 liners like: "Oh!
> My Goddess: Boy meets goddess. Good." I've only seen one really
> good page "Dark Side of the Sun Reviews", but even they don't have
> everything! Please, can some one direct me to a good page?
>

> Thanks
>
> --
>
> Jim Leek
> jrl...@ecst.csuchico.edu