Azumanga Potter

Galen Musbach

Apr 24, 2006, 11:07:24 AM4/24/06
http://www.vanvonhunter.com/index.html
4/23/06, for those looking at this post next week or later.

-Galen

Chika

Apr 30, 2006, 6:39:07 AM4/30/06
In article <d8qp42hagl34m5tdb...@4ax.com>,

Galen Musbach <musb...@xtn.net> wrote:
> http://www.vanvonhunter.com/index.html
> 4/23/06, for those looking at this post next week or later.

"This site is designed for use with IE 6.0, Mozilla 1.d, a minimum of
1024x768 resolution..."

Some web-monkeys never learn. Grrr...

--
//\ // Chika <zvl...@penfuarg.bet.hx. - ROT13>
// \// Hitting Googlespammers with hyper-hammers!

... "42? 7 and a half million years and all you can come up with is 42?!"

Pete Zaitcev

Apr 30, 2006, 3:44:46 PM4/30/06
On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:39:07 +0100, Chika wrote:

>> http://www.vanvonhunter.com/index.html
>> 4/23/06, for those looking at this post next week or later.
>
> "This site is designed for use with IE 6.0, Mozilla 1.d, a minimum of
> 1024x768 resolution..."
>
> Some web-monkeys never learn. Grrr...

Heh. Many webcomics are run this way. I asked why they do it at
a panel and the answer was that variable width was genuinely
difficult. Given that, the creators have to select the width,
and they often see the world through their Cintiq. They just cannot
imagine why someone would not run a browser maximized.

Just read Penny-Arcade. It's a better Web design and a better art.

-- Pete

Chika

May 1, 2006, 6:04:06 AM5/1/06
In article <pan.2006.04.30....@zaitcev.lan>,

Pete Zaitcev <oted3354a...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:39:07 +0100, Chika wrote:

> >> http://www.vanvonhunter.com/index.html
> >> 4/23/06, for those looking at this post next week or later.
> >
> > "This site is designed for use with IE 6.0, Mozilla 1.d, a minimum of
> > 1024x768 resolution..."
> >
> > Some web-monkeys never learn. Grrr...

> Heh. Many webcomics are run this way. I asked why they do it at
> a panel and the answer was that variable width was genuinely
> difficult. Given that, the creators have to select the width,
> and they often see the world through their Cintiq. They just cannot
> imagine why someone would not run a browser maximized.

What they seem to forget is that most browsers will handle this for them,
whether by scroll bar or, more recently, by zooming. Not that it really
matters, given that so many webcomics don't actually fill a fully expanded
frame at 1024x768 and often use the unfilled frames for adverts and such,
if they fill them at all. That, and not everyone in the world uses IE or
Mozilla.

> Just read Penny-Arcade. It's a better Web design and a better art.

I may just do that. I've been reading Girl Genius of late, but it is a
little slow to update, so it helps to have something to fill the time.

--
//\ // Chika <zvl...@penfuarg.bet.hx. - ROT13>
// \// Hitting Googlespammers with hyper-hammers!

... Captain, the UARTs won't take this Speed!