ADV - Well, this doesn't look good...

afedakendragon

Jun 26, 2008, 11:21:30 AM6/26/08
Was expecting a buyout of some sort. Well, looks like the physical
assets at least will be distributed. I wonder if this means we'll be
seeing more ADV titles in the dollar stores?

http://www.windsorauction.com/auction.asp

WINDSOR AUCTION
THURS. * JUNE 26 * 10 AM
10501 KIPP WAY DR., SUITE 300
HOUSTON, TX

CONSOLIDATION OF LARGE VIDEO / DVD COMPANY

Aje RavenStar

Jun 26, 2008, 11:27:00 AM6/26/08

"afedakendragon" <afed...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Darn, that's really not that far from me. If I had known yesterday....

afedakendragon

Jun 26, 2008, 11:36:11 AM6/26/08

But then there's stuff like this.

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=7859

(Anime Network renews for another 3 year distribution deal with TVN)

I give up. I have no idea what's going on.

afedakendragon

Jun 26, 2008, 11:36:50 AM6/26/08
On Jun 26, 11:27 am, "Aje RavenStar" <whinebuc...@comcast.net> wrote:
> "afedakendragon" <afeda...@gmail.com> wrote in message

It's not too late! The auction only started 1/2 an hour ago! Hurry
up an secure the artifacts! FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS!

:-)
--
Abraham Evangelista

afedakendragon

Jun 26, 2008, 11:52:52 AM6/26/08

But ADV does. And oddly enough, we get a statement!

http://animeondvd.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=1350499&postcount=237

From the link:

Hello Internet People.

Yes, ADV has hired Windsor Auctions to get rid of some surplus
material, including desks, computer monitors, chairs, etc. The auction
is taking place today at our warehouse facility on Sam Houston Hwy in
Houston. So if you want a good deal on a telephone headset or filing
cabinet, get over there by 6 o’clock. Maybe you can get NewtypeCJ’s
old office chair!

When you cut back on staff, you’re going to have extra stuff. We hired
an auction house instead of a dump truck, because the stuff still
works. Sorry we forgot to tell you guys, but it’s a cash-and-carry
auction, so we kept our marketing to the Houston area.

Best,

Chris Oarr
Current ADV Employee

P.S. Mention you heard about it on AoD and receive a free stapler with
every purchase.

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Jun 26, 2008, 12:08:30 PM6/26/08
afedakendragon <afed...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 26, 11:36 am, afedakendragon <afeda...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jun 26, 11:21 am, afedakendragon <afeda...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> http://www.windsorauction.com/auction.asp
[...]

>> But then there's stuff like this.
>>
>> http://www.theanimenetwork.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=7859
>>
>> (Anime Network renews for another 3 year distribution deal with TVN)
>>
>> I give up. I have no idea what's going on.
>
> But ADV does. And oddly enough, we get a statement!
>
> http://animeondvd.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=1350499&postcount=237

You *know* something's wrong when ADV start to explain what they're
doing.

cu
59cobalt
--
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight
flaw in my character."

afedakendragon

Jun 26, 2008, 1:15:47 PM6/26/08
On Jun 26, 11:21 am, afedakendragon <afeda...@gmail.com> wrote:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-06-26/adv-films-to-auction-surplus-office-supplies

Looks like ANN finally picked up on the news. I guess it makes sense
to sell the office furniture if you're not going to be putting new
bodies in those seats. And given the PIQ and Newtype closures, I
suppose they had an excess of office goodies.

Probably the right decision to make, but not exactly encouraging.
--
Abraham Evangelista

Aje RavenStar

Jun 26, 2008, 2:30:24 PM6/26/08

http://animeondvd.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=1350499&postcount=237

From the link:

Hello Internet People.

Best,

NOW they tell me......

(we picked up a bookcase for $20. One of about 4 we need, but all we had
money for - and I didn't make the bid, the wife after cautioning me that we
couldn't spare anything right now and groused about us swinging by on the
way to lunch did. If you don't hear from me in three days, you'll know she
finally took a look at this newsgroup). (I took a few pics since no one
said anything. May share by private email depending on mood and who asks,
I'm too lazy right now to upload them to webpage storage).

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2008, 3:13:22 PM6/26/08
It's not beginning to look like liquidation, it is liquidation... Of
course, the word "consolidation" might well mean the buyout by
Funimation that many have proposed.

Of course, Crunchyroll coming in and saving (barf!) the "Welcome to
the NHK" dub might even propose the unthinkable that the thieves have
actually bought ADV and now have one of the licensors themselves.

What's happening is simple: Whomever now owns ADV is only simply not
going to make the "Geneon Mistake" -- everything that's currently
being put out there will be completed. The moment an announcement
would be made that ADV is actually dead (even though only delusionals
would now think that it hasn't been dead for some time!) happens, all
of their product essentially becomes unsaleable.

They're dead -- no one can say it yet, as there is still people to be
paid off.

Mike

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2008, 3:17:30 PM6/26/08
My guess: Whomever is the new owner of ADV is the new owner of TAN --
and _THEY_ made the deal.

My guess is that ADV sold off The Anime Network as part of the deal
which has them under new ownership now -- as before, they can't really
say that yet, lest everything in their remaining catalog go
unsaleable.

Mike

Derek Janssen

Jun 26, 2008, 3:23:55 PM6/26/08
darkst...@gmail.com wrote:
> My guess
> My guess

[Post corrected for accuracy] ;)

Derek Janssen
eja...@verizon.net

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2008, 3:49:30 PM6/26/08
Fine. But is it better than anything you have?

It's clear ADV is dead. Only a delusional would say otherwise at this
point.

I can't believe the delusional nature of anime fans to actually
believe a company can continue in existence with zero meaningful
titles and no real cash flow to continue -- but that's exactly what a
lot of you (and a lot of other people I've read about the web)
continue to want to claim, absent any and all reasoned situation.

Be glad they didn't pull a Geneon and leave you halfway through Kanon
or DMC or the like -- the only reason they even exist as a brand name
at this point is to do you that favor, which you (not individually,
but as an anime fandom) DO NOT FUCKING DESERVE.

Mike

Derek Janssen

Jun 26, 2008, 4:07:40 PM6/26/08
darkst...@gmail.com wrote:

> Fine. But is it better than anything you have?

Y'mean, waiting for actual verifiable news, not throwing stupid ol'
opinions into the rice pudding as if they actually mattered from one day
to the next, and not using "Previously imagined brainstorm" as Ibid.
cite source?

...Um, yeah, mine's better, tad.

Derek Janssen (don't mean to brag, or anything, but..)
eja...@verizon.net

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2008, 4:14:23 PM6/26/08
Oh with a pogo-stick here, Derek!!

Have you been that delusional not to see all the _verified news_ of
the last SIX FREAKING MONTHS on this corpse of a company???

No. You've done the same thing most anime fans have -- and have based
their entire fandom on -- delude yourself into believing everything is
OK, with the only argument which follows that being that the entire
anime industry is defrauding you to criminal/civil liability and
culpability.

ADV Films, as I told you five months ago, is dead. Gone. Even most
of the fans who have now held out hope that they would survive are now
just waiting for the death certificate at AX.

What the panels are probably going to be is basically the new owners
coming in and basically stating the new direction -- in fact, frankly,
the only hope for the ADV brand to survive to any extent is if the
fucking criminals at CrunchyRoll bought them.

You refuse to accept the truth -- and that (like in "real life") is
going to make the fall even harder when it all comes down.

Mike

Derek Janssen

Jun 26, 2008, 4:18:44 PM6/26/08
darkst...@gmail.com wrote:

> What the panels are probably going to be is basically the new owners
> coming in and basically stating the new direction

And then Regis Philbin is going to parachute into the panel, whip out a
karaoke microphone, and sing a medley of old Led Zeppelin hits.

(What?--I can make up things that haven't happened yet, either!) ^_^

Derek Janssen (what's so hard about it?)
eja...@verizon.net

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2008, 4:31:49 PM6/26/08
On Jun 26, 1:18 pm, Derek Janssen <ejan...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:

> darkstar7...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > What the panels are probably going to be is basically the new owners
> > coming in and basically stating the new direction
>
> And then Regis Philbin is going to parachute into the panel, whip out a
> karaoke microphone, and sing a medley of old Led Zeppelin hits.
>
> (What?--I can make up things that haven't happened yet, either!)  ^_^

As delusional as anime fans have become these days, I wouldn't doubt
that's something you would expect.

You really need to start reading more of what's being said out there.
The only reason that a lot of these people are prepared for what's
coming is that I told them it was going to happen FIVE MONTHS AGO...

Mike

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Jun 26, 2008, 5:15:03 PM6/26/08
On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:18:44 GMT, Derek Janssen
<eja...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:

>darkst...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> What the panels are probably going to be is basically the new owners
>> coming in and basically stating the new direction
>
>And then Regis Philbin is going to parachute into the panel, whip out a
>karaoke microphone, and sing a medley of old Led Zeppelin hits.
>
>(What?--I can make up things that haven't happened yet, either!) ^_^

Utterly ridiculous! It's clearly gonna be Drew Carrey . . .

--
- ReFlex 76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot
girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between
looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Rob Kelk

Jun 26, 2008, 5:42:43 PM6/26/08

Note that word "CONSOLIDATION". That word has a defined meaning, which
doesn't necessarily have anything to do with a corporate merger of any
sort. In fact, since the line also says "COMPANY" instead of
"COMPANIES", there's no merger involved.

Now, let's see... It's ADV. They just shut down their magazine. They
don't need a magazine publication office any more. There's the
consolidation - the remaining PiQ people are probably moving back to the
core ADV office.

Simple enough, once you read what's actually written...

--
Rob Kelk <http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/> e-mail: s/deadspam/gmail/
"But Occam's Razor is never sufficient for conspiracy theorists, who

selaboc

Jun 27, 2008, 8:25:06 AM6/27/08
On Jun 26, 5:42 pm, robk...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 08:21:30 -0700 (PDT), afedakendragon
>
> <afeda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Was expecting a buyout of some sort.  Well, looks like the physical
> >assets at least will be distributed.  I wonder if this means we'll be
> >seeing more ADV titles in the dollar stores?
>
> >http://www.windsorauction.com/auction.asp
>
> >WINDSOR AUCTION
> >THURS. * JUNE 26 * 10 AM
> >10501 KIPP WAY DR., SUITE 300
> >HOUSTON, TX
>
> >CONSOLIDATION OF LARGE VIDEO / DVD COMPANY
>
> Note that word "CONSOLIDATION".  That word has a defined meaning, which
> doesn't necessarily have anything to do with a corporate merger of any
> sort.  In fact, since the line also says "COMPANY" instead of
> "COMPANIES", there's no merger involved.
>
> Now, let's see...  It's ADV.  They just shut down their magazine.  They
> don't need a magazine publication office any more.  There's the
> consolidation - the remaining PiQ people are probably moving back to the
> core ADV office.
>
> Simple enough, once you read what's actually written...

Hush you. How dare you use reason, sense and logic. Haven't you
learned anything from chicken little? Clearly ADV is dead/merging/
boughtout/sold(delete as applicable) and this auction just proves it.
How does it prove it, you ask? because chicken little says it does so
obviously it does. duh!

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2008, 2:45:44 PM6/27/08
Delusional.

The sign of the current anime fan.

Ignore the end of two magazines, the club program, the UK offices,
every report you've heard about the company in the anime blogosphere
for six freaking months...

No, the only reason and logic is that ADV is going to make it.

Fuck that. They're _DONE_.

In fact, word now is that they're so done that they've lost the
dubbing studio -- this, according to a voice actor's blog who was very
quickly ordered to take that post down too.

My read on that is that they had to mortgage the studio to keep things
going (at some point up the line) and probably just got foreclosed on.

I mean, I'd really like to know what the Hell you're smoking? ADV is
done. Has been for a while. And I've told you this for FIVE FREAKING
MONTHS and you still refuse to believe it.

You must think the anime industry is perpetrating the biggest criminal
fraud in it's history to continue to believe that ADV is going to make
it OK.

God, days like these and people like you truly make me wish I was
incarcerated again.

Mike

Derek Janssen

Jun 27, 2008, 2:48:55 PM6/27/08
darkst...@gmail.com wrote:

> Delusional.
>
> The sign of the current anime fan.
>
> Ignore the end of two magazines, the club program, the UK offices,
> every report you've heard about the company in the anime blogosphere
> for six freaking months...
>
> No, the only reason and logic is that ADV is going to make it.
>
> Fuck that. They're _DONE_.

(Y'know, I had to take Logic & Philosophy back in Freshman year, and now
I can't remember what part of Logic "Because I said so" came under?...)

Derek Janssen
eja...@verizon.net

Captain Nerd

Jun 27, 2008, 3:26:50 PM6/27/08

> God, days like these and people like you truly make me wish I was
> incarcerated again.

So, what's stopping you? Go do the crime you claim you want,
and get the hell back where you so obviously belong. Either
that or go join the Nazi or Communist parties in some Third-
World hellhole and become the brute enforcer you think you
are.

Geeze, nothing but bitch bitch bitch whine whine whine, all
because no one will acknowledge you as the ultimate authority
about anything. You have this serious God complex, you come
here and bitch all the fricking time, and for what? Why are
you wasting your time and ours? No one is going to admit that
you are the One True Voice about anime, or about anything at
all, since you are not infallible, you are not omniscient, and
you are certainly not omnipotent. In fact, I'd suspect the
other "-potent" word would describe you better.

Go on, go back to jail and play with your gang-bangers and
thugs and other cheap low-life scum, get off the streets and
back to the life you so obviously crave.

Cap.

--
Since 1989, recycling old jokes, cliches, and bad puns, one Usenet
post at a time!

Message has been deleted

selaboc

Jun 27, 2008, 3:40:03 PM6/27/08
On Jun 27, 3:31 pm, Justin <nos...@insightbb.com> wrote:

> darkstar7...@gmail.com wrote on [Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:45:44 -0700 (PDT)]:
>
> > God, days like these and people like you truly make me wish I was
> > incarcerated again.
>
> So do we, so do we

So say we all

selaboc

Jun 27, 2008, 3:48:59 PM6/27/08
On Jun 27, 2:48 pm, Derek Janssen <ejan...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:

I think it falls under Argumentum ad verecundiam (argument or appeal
to authority) with the "I" in the "Because I said so" being the
supposed authority that is being appealed to.

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2008, 3:51:40 PM6/27/08
On Jun 27, 11:48 am, Derek Janssen <ejan...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:

> (Y'know, I had to take Logic & Philosophy back in Freshman year, and now
> I can't remember what part of Logic "Because I said so" came under?...)

Yep -- you're ignoring everything else out there.

And I do mean _EVERYTHING_. Newtype, PiQ, ADV UK, Anime ADVocates,
linear Anime Network, loss of Gurren Lagann, temporary loss of all
Sojitz titles (and how did they get back what they got back?? -- you
delusionals STILL haven't answered that question!!!), this auction,
the cancellation at ACen, all the different reports that the company
may well be answering to banks more than it's answering to anything
else out there right now...

If you think I'm saying this simply because I say so, then you ignore
basically every news item on the company for, at MINIMUM, the last six
months. You must think I'm the stupidest person alive!! (Yes, I'll
serve you that softball to make the point!!)

Keep deluding yourself, Derek. You need to to be an anime fan
anymore.

Mike

Derek Janssen

Jun 27, 2008, 3:54:30 PM6/27/08
Captain Nerd wrote:

>>God, days like these and people like you truly make me wish I was
>>incarcerated again.
>

> So, what's stopping you? Go do the crime you claim you want,
> and get the hell back where you so obviously belong.

Oh, leave him alone--
He HAS to concoct personal vanity-image tall-tales about How
Rough-n-Tough he is, as a thread-stretching distraction whenever he
starts losing points.

And if it turns out that ADV announces three or four more titles at AX,
he'll start making predictions for next year, and then claim he'd rather
deal with conventioneers the same we he did back in Malaysia, when he
killed six men with his thumb. ;)

Derek Jansse
eja...@verizon.net

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2008, 3:54:42 PM6/27/08
On Jun 27, 12:26 pm, Captain Nerd <cptn...@nerdwatch.com> wrote:
> > God, days like these and people like you truly make me wish I was
> > incarcerated again.
>
>    So, what's stopping you?  Go do the crime you claim you want,
>    and get the hell back where you so obviously belong.  Either
>    that or go join the Nazi or Communist parties in some Third-
>    World hellhole and become the brute enforcer you think you
>    are.

I'd give that about three or four months in this country.

>    Geeze, nothing but bitch bitch bitch whine whine whine, all
>    because no one will acknowledge you as the ultimate authority
>    about anything.  You have this serious God complex, you come
>    here and bitch all the fricking time, and for what?  Why are
>    you wasting your time and ours?  No one is going to admit that
>    you are the One True Voice about anime, or about anything at
>    all, since you are not infallible, you are not omniscient, and
>    you are certainly not omnipotent.  In fact, I'd suspect the
>    other "-potent" word would describe you better.

No, I have this serious complex that delusionals like you are FULL OF
SHIT.

FULL -- OF -- SHIT.

OK??

You obviously want to believe that the anime industry is pulling the
biggest criminal fraud in the history of entertainment to pass off
this kind of downturn as what it really is -- YOU (collectively) as
fans have blown up this fucking industry.

Don't come screaming to me when you have no industry left and _THEN_
realize there's nothing else out there.

>    Go on, go back to jail and play with your gang-bangers and
>    thugs and other cheap low-life scum, get off the streets and
>    back to the life you so obviously crave.

You know what? That's actually a pretty good idea.

I've got some stuff to finish out here first -- but I expect, sooner
than later, that that's exactly what's going to happen.

With what's going to happen in this country, I stand a better chance
making it through it in the joint than I do on the outside.

Mike

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2008, 3:55:03 PM6/27/08

Thank you for proving my point -- both of you.

Mike

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2008, 4:01:28 PM6/27/08
On Jun 27, 12:54 pm, Derek Janssen <ejan...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:

> And if it turns out that ADV announces three or four more titles at AX,
> he'll start making predictions for next year, and then claim he'd rather
> deal with conventioneers the same we he did back in Malaysia, when he
> killed six men with his thumb.  ;)

Forget the hyperbole about me...

But I am left to ask you the same question I literally SCREAM at my
computer when I hear this shit about new ADV licenses at AX:

"WITH WHAT MONEY????"

Mike (God, you are the most delusional person alive if you think...

No, the person who actually proposed they'd announce Eva 1.0 -- that's
the most delusional person alive.)

Captain Nerd

Jun 27, 2008, 4:05:18 PM6/27/08
In article
<9bba4cbf-f6c0-42cb...@z24g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
darkst...@gmail.com wrote:

More whining, more bitching, and still the same delusions.

Message has been deleted

The Wanderer

Jun 27, 2008, 4:19:28 PM6/27/08
Captain Nerd wrote:

>> God, days like these and people like you truly make me wish I was
>> incarcerated again.
>
> So, what's stopping you? Go do the crime you claim you want, and get
> the hell back where you so obviously belong. Either that or go join
> the Nazi or Communist parties in some Third- World hellhole and
> become the brute enforcer you think you are.
>
> Geeze, nothing but bitch bitch bitch whine whine whine, all because
> no one will acknowledge you as the ultimate authority about anything.
> You have this serious God complex, you come here and bitch all the
> fricking time, and for what? Why are you wasting your time and ours?
> No one is going to admit that you are the One True Voice about anime,
> or about anything at all, since you are not infallible, you are not
> omniscient, and you are certainly not omnipotent. In fact, I'd
> suspect the other "-potent" word would describe you better.

I don't know if I'd have chosen to describe him as idempotent, but
somehow the term seems to fit; multiple doses of him has about the same
effect as a single one.

(...what?)

--
The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.

Captain Nerd

Jun 27, 2008, 4:46:06 PM6/27/08
In article <kdadnTN5e-DX1vjV...@comcast.com>,
The Wanderer <inverse...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Captain Nerd wrote:
>
> >> God, days like these and people like you truly make me wish I was
> >> incarcerated again.
> >
> > So, what's stopping you? Go do the crime you claim you want, and get
> > the hell back where you so obviously belong. Either that or go join
> > the Nazi or Communist parties in some Third- World hellhole and
> > become the brute enforcer you think you are.
> >
> > Geeze, nothing but bitch bitch bitch whine whine whine, all because
> > no one will acknowledge you as the ultimate authority about anything.
> > You have this serious God complex, you come here and bitch all the
> > fricking time, and for what? Why are you wasting your time and ours?
> > No one is going to admit that you are the One True Voice about anime,
> > or about anything at all, since you are not infallible, you are not
> > omniscient, and you are certainly not omnipotent. In fact, I'd
> > suspect the other "-potent" word would describe you better.
>
> I don't know if I'd have chosen to describe him as idempotent, but
> somehow the term seems to fit; multiple doses of him has about the same
> effect as a single one.
>
> (...what?)

You had to look that one up, didn't you? ^=====^

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2008, 5:14:29 PM6/27/08
On Jun 27, 1:12 pm, Justin <nos...@insightbb.com> wrote:
> What's that? That you're a moron spewing crap that nobody wants to read
> and that it's become so bad that we wish you were locked up?

No, that you guys are such fucking idiots that I wish I was locked up
again.

Mike

Dave Watson

Jun 27, 2008, 5:54:27 PM6/27/08

This is coming from a one-time convicted stalker who insists on
staying here and writing post after post day after day about how
anime, the anime industry and anime fans all suck. If we're "fucking
idiots," that what does what you're doing here make you? We know; do
you?

Watson.

The Wanderer

Jun 27, 2008, 5:57:05 PM6/27/08
Captain Nerd wrote:

> In article <kdadnTN5e-DX1vjV...@comcast.com>, The
> Wanderer <inverse...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Captain Nerd wrote:

>>> you are not infallible, you are not omniscient, and you are
>>> certainly not omnipotent. In fact, I'd suspect the other
>>> "-potent" word would describe you better.
>>
>> I don't know if I'd have chosen to describe him as idempotent, but
>> somehow the term seems to fit; multiple doses of him has about the
>> same effect as a single one.
>>
>> (...what?)
>
> You had to look that one up, didn't you? ^=====^

For the actual definition, yes, but the word itself was in fact the
first thing to come to mind. (Albeit only by about a second.)

Rob Kelk

Jun 27, 2008, 7:03:07 PM6/27/08
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:26:50 -0400, Captain Nerd <cpt...@nerdwatch.com>
wrote:

<snip>

> Geeze, nothing but bitch bitch bitch whine whine whine, all
> because no one will acknowledge you as the ultimate authority
> about anything.

And that's because he won't or can't work to *earn* his authority. (How
many years of patient hard work here did it take me to gain the
credibility he wants right off the bat? Five years? Six, maybe?)
Either way, his impatience, lack of self-control, or both merely makes
him look silly.

<snip>

--
Rob Kelk Personal address (ROT-13): eboxryx -ng- tznvy -qbg- pbz
"Aggresive killfiling. I highly recommend it. It isn't personal;

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2008, 7:03:48 PM6/27/08
On Jun 27, 2:54 pm, Dave Watson <dwbeingupfr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is coming from a one-time convicted stalker who insists on
> staying here and writing post after post day after day about how
> anime, the anime industry and anime fans all suck.  If we're "fucking
> idiots," that what does what you're doing here make you?  We know; do
> you?

No you don't. You probably don't even know what the Hell you're doing
half the time as long as it just feels good.

Keep deluding yourself. If you really feel that way, call the FBI.
Seriously.

Anime fans *do* suck. Hard. They've completely bled the industry dry
--- and the next step is to watch the Japanese studios drop like
flies.

Of course, you don't care -- as long as you have your BitTorrent
running like the blazes, you don't give a shit.

Mike

Rob Kelk

Jun 27, 2008, 7:04:40 PM6/27/08

I'd be surprised if *anybody* announces *anything* at AX. My bet's on
announcements at the San Diego Comics Con instead, since that's
ever-so-slightly more "mainstream" (not the quote marks) than an
anime-only con...

--
Rob Kelk <http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/> e-mail: s/deadspam/gmail/

"I'm *not* a kid! Nyyyeaaah!" - Skuld (in "Oh My Goddess!" OAV #3)
"When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear
of childishness and the desire to be very grown-up." - C.S. Lewis

Derek Janssen

Jun 27, 2008, 7:09:01 PM6/27/08
Rob Kelk wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:26:50 -0400, Captain Nerd <cpt...@nerdwatch.com>
> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Geeze, nothing but bitch bitch bitch whine whine whine, all
>> because no one will acknowledge you as the ultimate authority
>> about anything.
>

> And that's because he won't or can't work to *earn* his authority. (How
> many years of patient hard work here did it take me to gain the
> credibility he wants right off the bat? Five years? Six, maybe?)
> Either way, his impatience, lack of self-control, or both merely makes
> him look silly.

As explained earlier, it's the self-esteem defense of the Wounded Net-Kook:

After discovering that Controversial Complaining won't buy him fame, he
giggles over his own imagined "forbidden" status by intentionally
trolling the group--
And then, after confusing our laughing at him with our "paying attention
to him", tries to fantasy-market his own imagined Peck's-Bad-Boy image
into something larger than life that he can flog as a trademark, no
matter how far it goes off topic. (And which can be used as a
red-herring whenever it's useful to change the subject and keep the
marketing going.)

You'd better watch yourself--He's a wanted man. He's got the death
penalty on him in *twelve star sytems*...

Derek Janssen
eja...@verizon.net

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2008, 7:12:09 PM6/27/08
On Jun 27, 4:04 pm, robk...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:

> I'd be surprised if *anybody* announces *anything* at AX.  My bet's on
> announcements at the San Diego Comics Con instead, since that's
> ever-so-slightly more "mainstream" (not the quote marks) than an
> anime-only con...

That would tell you all you need to know about the anime industry.

At that point, sound "Taps" on the whole damn thing. (The industry,
and AX...)

Mike (who doesn't see it quite going that far... Closer than many
might want -- there will be more than a few who will walk out of the
LACC next weekend wondering what the point of the whole thing was...)

Derek Janssen

Jun 27, 2008, 7:14:02 PM6/27/08
Rob Kelk wrote:

>>And if it turns out that ADV announces three or four more titles at AX,
>>he'll start making predictions for next year, and then claim he'd rather
>>deal with conventioneers the same we he did back in Malaysia, when he

>>killed six men with this thumb. ;)

> I'd be surprised if *anybody* announces *anything* at AX. My bet's on
> announcements at the San Diego Comics Con instead, since that's
> ever-so-slightly more "mainstream" (not the quote marks) than an
> anime-only con...

If ADV has any mainstream updates on the Frog, they're guaranteed to
save it for SDCC, where Regular People can hear about it too--

But AX is still "the" default in-niche event for other big
intra-industry announcements, at the beginning of the season...
We don't just look forward to July 4 every year just for the fireworks,
you know.

Derek Janssen
eja...@verizon.net

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2008, 7:19:07 PM6/27/08
On Jun 27, 4:14 pm, Derek Janssen <ejan...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:

> If ADV has any mainstream updates on the Frog, they're guaranteed to
> save it for SDCC, where Regular People can hear about it too--

ADV can afford to wait no longer. If they are still in business
(which I do not believe is the case -- I believe any work unde the ADV
label is now under another banner (like the end of WCW being under the
WWE banner)), they need to speak at AX. The fans will wait no
longer. They need to cement their base before the "Regular People"
are brought in.

Of course, why am I even bothering getting this through to you? You
obviously believe nothing that the news sites tell you and are a
delusional fuckwad.

> But AX is still "the" default in-niche event for other big
> intra-industry announcements, at the beginning of the season...
> We don't just look forward to July 4 every year just for the fireworks,
> you know.

Funny. This'll be the first in six that I have nothing to do on the
4th -- and, after looking at the schedule, glad I'm not.

Mike

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2008, 7:20:01 PM6/27/08
You know -- you only wish that were the case.

Do some studying on stalkers sometime, and you'd realize that the
proposed target is usually not the first person either killed or
maimed.

Mike

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2008, 7:35:24 PM6/27/08
On Jun 27, 4:32 pm, Justin <nos...@insightbb.com> wrote:

> >> What's that? That you're a moron spewing crap that nobody wants to read
> >> and that it's become so bad that we wish you were locked up?
>
> > No, that you guys are such fucking idiots that I wish I was locked up
> > again.
>

> You really have a problem with reading comprehension, don't you?

No, I have a problem with you (collectively). I have a problem with
people who basically decide that they are going to make anime fandom
one big circle-jerk, and everything is going to be fine because they
say so and don't mind the complete dismantle-ment of the third biggest
company now two years running...

Noooo, everything's OK...

Mike (who is, again, reminded that "reading comprehension" is a
synonym for "agree with us and suck our fucking dicks if you want to
be one of us")

Rob Kelk

Jun 27, 2008, 7:35:33 PM6/27/08

That's a few days after the fireworks around here, but yeah... Well,
maybe FUNi will announce something at AX.

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2008, 7:36:59 PM6/27/08
On Jun 27, 4:34 pm, Justin <nos...@insightbb.com> wrote:
> Oh really? Does that mean I can hope that you start with yourself?

Almost did -- couple of dozen times over the course of the first four
or five years I was out.

Only reason I stopped is because I saw how clueless people like you
were and decided to live life double-middle-finger upraised at your
collective idiocy until the day they do have to come and take me away.

Mike (which will be soon)

sanjian

Jun 27, 2008, 7:50:50 PM6/27/08
Captain Nerd wrote:
> In article
> <9bba4cbf-f6c0-42cb...@z24g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> darkst...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> More whining, more bitching, and still the same delusions.

So why do you keep replying to him?

Captain Nerd

Jun 27, 2008, 8:00:28 PM6/27/08
In article <lJudnZf--8hL4fjV...@posted.internetamerica>,
"sanjian" <mun...@vt.edu> wrote:

For the same reason I eat potato chips, it's a fatal compulsion.

afedakendragon

Jun 27, 2008, 9:01:11 PM6/27/08
On Jun 27, 7:04 pm, robk...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 19:54:30 GMT, Derek Janssen
>

> <ejan...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:

> >> So, what's stopping you? Go do the crime you claim you want,
> >> and get the hell back where you so obviously belong.
>
> >Oh, leave him alone--
> >He HAS to concoct personal vanity-image tall-tales about How
> >Rough-n-Tough he is, as a thread-stretching distraction whenever he
> >starts losing points.
>
> >And if it turns out that ADV announces three or four more titles at AX,
> >he'll start making predictions for next year, and then claim he'd rather
> >deal with conventioneers the same we he did back in Malaysia, when he
> >killed six men with his thumb. ;)
>
> I'd be surprised if *anybody* announces *anything* at AX. My bet's on
> announcements at the San Diego Comics Con instead, since that's
> ever-so-slightly more "mainstream" (not the quote marks) than an
> anime-only con...

Yeah, but AX is usually good for at least a few announcements. AX and
Otakon are THE places to make announcements if you're gonna hit a con.

Well regardless, ADV must have SOMETHING to say. They still have a
pair of AX panels, and have not pulled out like the did for the SDCC.

--
Abraham Evangelista

Dave Watson

Jun 27, 2008, 10:06:40 PM6/27/08

You still didn't answer my question: If RAAM is nothing but idiots,
what does it make you for coming back here day after day after day
like it's a methadone clinic? If it hasn't gotten through your cement
skull by now, here what the rest of us know, in black and white:

If all your doomsaying here turns out to be false, you'll turn out to
be not only a fucking wanker, but a fool.

If any of it happens out to come true, well...you'll still be a
fucking wanker.

No matter what the final results are, you are standing in the middle
of the village square pounding your pud like an over-caffeinated
chimpanzee until it bleeds and bellowing "LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!!
I SAID, FUCKING LOOK AT ME!!!!!" Even if you do get off on it, you're
just some fucking wanker standing there with a handful of his own
spoof, wondering why everybody's briefly looking at him with disgust
before going their own way.

Face it--nobody likes a fucking wanker. Like lawyers, even other
fucking wankers despise them.

Have you got the message at last...wanker?

Watson
Who wishes that the FBI actually did take care of fucking wankers.

sanjian

Jun 27, 2008, 10:09:59 PM6/27/08
Captain Nerd wrote:
> In article <lJudnZf--8hL4fjV...@posted.internetamerica>,
> "sanjian" <mun...@vt.edu> wrote:
>
>> Captain Nerd wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <9bba4cbf-f6c0-42cb...@z24g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
>>> darkst...@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> More whining, more bitching, and still the same delusions.
>>
>> So why do you keep replying to him?
>
> For the same reason I eat potato chips, it's a fatal compulsion.

I'll tell you what, then. Eat the potato chips yourself, instead of force
feeding them to us (especially those of us who are dieting). Email instead
of reply to group.

Derek Janssen

Jun 27, 2008, 11:15:11 PM6/27/08
darkst...@gmail.com wrote:

> You know -- you only wish that were the case.

(Methinks the joke zoomed over somebody's head, but let's move on...)

> Do some studying on stalkers sometime, and you'd realize that the
> proposed target is usually not the first person either killed or
> maimed.

...Oh, darn, right, forgot:

Yeah, like I was saying, Rob, that's one of the other ways you can
recognize Wounded Net-Kooks:
It's never the *whole* group that's after them (unless, of course, they
WISH it was...), it's always ONE nasty-wasty little heckler who's now
clearly a "net-stalker" for heckling the loudest--
Y'see, that way, if the WNK can't first try to discredit his "one"
heckler, he can stroke his own fantasies that he's now become
"notorious" enough to have Mortal Enemies...

(Anything to make that lonely keyboard seem less lonely.) ^_^

Derek Janssen (and cheaper than beating up action figures)
eja...@verizon.net

Captain Nerd

Jun 27, 2008, 11:25:04 PM6/27/08
In article <31i9k.30$qW.1@trndny03>,
Derek Janssen <eja...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:

> darkst...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > You know -- you only wish that were the case.
>
> (Methinks the joke zoomed over somebody's head, but let's move on...)

What? Clueless? The Omnimpotent One? Say it ain't so...

> > Do some studying on stalkers sometime, and you'd realize that the
> > proposed target is usually not the first person either killed or
> > maimed.
>
> ...Oh, darn, right, forgot:
>
> Yeah, like I was saying, Rob, that's one of the other ways you can
> recognize Wounded Net-Kooks:
> It's never the *whole* group that's after them (unless, of course, they
> WISH it was...), it's always ONE nasty-wasty little heckler who's now
> clearly a "net-stalker" for heckling the loudest--
> Y'see, that way, if the WNK can't first try to discredit his "one"
> heckler, he can stroke his own fantasies that he's now become
> "notorious" enough to have Mortal Enemies...
>
> (Anything to make that lonely keyboard seem less lonely.) ^_^
>
> Derek Janssen (and cheaper than beating up action figures)

You sure it's "up" and not "off"?

(Gee, I sure hope I don't get in trouble with Officer Sanjian
for replying to *you*, too. Net.cops have a reputation...)

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Jun 28, 2008, 12:22:55 AM6/28/08
Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:45am-0700, darkst...@gmail.com <darkst...@gmail.com>:

> God, days like these and people like you truly make me wish I was
> incarcerated again.

Don't let us stop ya! ^_^

http://tinyurl.com/6ewl4v
or
<http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-06-23/junko-mizuno-designs-charity-auction-my-little-pony>

<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/19/AR2008061902863.html>

Laters. =)

STan
--
_______ ________ _______ ____ ___ ___ ______ ______
| __|__ __| _ | \ | | | | _____| _____|
| ( _| | http://www.uofr.net/~lostrune/
\ ______| _______ ____ ___
/ \ / \ | _ | \ | |
/ \/ \| _ | |\ |
/___/\/\___|__| |__|___| \ ___|

Aje RavenStar

Jun 28, 2008, 12:25:02 AM6/28/08

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Jun 28, 2008, 12:30:00 AM6/28/08
Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:04pm-0000, Rob Kelk <rob...@deadspam.com>:

> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 19:54:30 GMT, Derek Janssen
> <eja...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:

> >> So, what's stopping you? Go do the crime you claim you want,
> >> and get the hell back where you so obviously belong.
> >
> >Oh, leave him alone--
> >He HAS to concoct personal vanity-image tall-tales about How
> >Rough-n-Tough he is, as a thread-stretching distraction whenever he
> >starts losing points.
> >
> >And if it turns out that ADV announces three or four more titles at AX,
> >he'll start making predictions for next year, and then claim he'd rather
> >deal with conventioneers the same we he did back in Malaysia, when he
> >killed six men with his thumb. ;)
>
> I'd be surprised if *anybody* announces *anything* at AX. My bet's on
> announcements at the San Diego Comics Con instead, since that's
> ever-so-slightly more "mainstream" (not the quote marks) than an
> anime-only con...

Viz tends to be one that announces at SDCC
because (they think) they're the most mainstream.
Though speculation has Right Stuf saying something at AX.

Laters. =)

Stan

sanjian

Jun 28, 2008, 6:23:53 AM6/28/08
Captain Nerd wrote:
> In article <31i9k.30$qW.1@trndny03>,
> Derek Janssen <eja...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:

>> Yeah, like I was saying, Rob, that's one of the other ways you can
>> recognize Wounded Net-Kooks:
>> It's never the *whole* group that's after them (unless, of course,
>> they WISH it was...), it's always ONE nasty-wasty little heckler
>> who's now clearly a "net-stalker" for heckling the loudest--
>> Y'see, that way, if the WNK can't first try to discredit his "one"
>> heckler, he can stroke his own fantasies that he's now become
>> "notorious" enough to have Mortal Enemies...
>>
>> (Anything to make that lonely keyboard seem less lonely.) ^_^
>>
>> Derek Janssen (and cheaper than beating up action figures)
>
> You sure it's "up" and not "off"?
>
> (Gee, I sure hope I don't get in trouble with Officer Sanjian
> for replying to *you*, too. Net.cops have a reputation...)

Derek isn't a certified troll who has nothing to add to the group. Mikey
is. While I'm sure many have Derek killfiled (of which I'm not one),
dragging him out is not a matter of needlessly resurecting the dead.

In other words, you were rightfully called on the carpet (though I may be a
bit biased there) for continuing to behave like a jackass and feeding the
troll. Instead of playing the victim (as Mikey does), how about doing the
right thing?

Rob Kelk

Jun 28, 2008, 10:10:55 AM6/28/08
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 03:15:11 GMT, Derek Janssen
<eja...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:

<snip>

>...Oh, darn, right, forgot:
>
>Yeah, like I was saying, Rob, that's one of the other ways you can
>recognize Wounded Net-Kooks:
>It's never the *whole* group that's after them (unless, of course, they
>WISH it was...), it's always ONE nasty-wasty little heckler who's now
>clearly a "net-stalker" for heckling the loudest--

And the folks who use the term that way have no idea what a real
net-stalker is like, either. (Remember May 2006? The local police
contacted me, not the other way around; after that, the problem "went
away".)

>Y'see, that way, if the WNK can't first try to discredit his "one"
>heckler, he can stroke his own fantasies that he's now become
>"notorious" enough to have Mortal Enemies...
>
>(Anything to make that lonely keyboard seem less lonely.) ^_^
>
>Derek Janssen (and cheaper than beating up action figures)

Oh, yes; on-topic content: I bought a very cute Tsubasa-version Sakura
figure yesterday. Photo to follow, once I take one...

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Jun 28, 2008, 11:01:56 AM6/28/08
Derek Janssen wrote:
> Captain Nerd wrote:
>
>>> God, days like these and people like you truly make me wish I was
>>> incarcerated again.
>>
>> So, what's stopping you? Go do the crime you claim you want,
>> and get the hell back where you so obviously belong.
>
> Oh, leave him alone--
> He HAS to concoct personal vanity-image tall-tales about How
> Rough-n-Tough he is, as a thread-stretching distraction whenever he
> starts losing points.

Because it distracts him from facing the truth, that he's the most
pathetic of all criminals, a stalker, and not even a stalker of some
major celebrity or political figure, but of a minor pop star who was
something of a joke even during her career, Debbie Gibson.

He's the kind of loser that the Trekkies with rubber ears mock, because
he has no life.

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Jun 28, 2008, 11:06:07 AM6/28/08
selaboc wrote:
> On Jun 27, 3:31 pm, Justin <nos...@insightbb.com> wrote:

>> darkstar7...@gmail.com wrote on [Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:45:44 -0700 (PDT)]:
>>
>>> God, days like these and people like you truly make me wish I was
>>> incarcerated again.
>> So do we, so do we
>
> So say we all

Have some sympathy for the other prisoners. Would YOU want to be in
even the same prison as an ex-stalker of Debbie Gibson?

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Jun 28, 2008, 11:36:38 AM6/28/08
"Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
> Have some sympathy for the other prisoners. Would YOU want to be in
> even the same prison as an ex-stalker of Debbie Gibson?

Well, prison is supposed to be punishment, isn't it?

cu
59cobalt
--
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight
flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Blade

Jun 28, 2008, 12:35:16 PM6/28/08

"Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote in message

(interrupting people playing with the troll)

Hey Sea Wasp, I'm suddenly seeing your posts again. Whatever you did, don't
change it. ;p

-
Blade

Ken Arromdee

Jun 28, 2008, 12:43:15 PM6/28/08
In article <c93de37d-026b-4f3a...@w1g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
<darkst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Yep -- you're ignoring everything else out there.
>
>And I do mean _EVERYTHING_. Newtype, PiQ, ADV UK, Anime ADVocates,
>linear Anime Network, loss of Gurren Lagann, temporary loss of all
>Sojitz titles (and how did they get back what they got back?? -- you
>delusionals STILL haven't answered that question!!!), this auction,
>the cancellation at ACen, all the different reports that the company
>may well be answering to banks more than it's answering to anything
>else out there right now...

You're counting things twice. Obviously Newtype and PiQ can't be counted
as separate items, and if the auction is because losing PiQ means getting
rid of some office space, that's being counted twice too. If ADV was
using Sojitz's investment to get Gurren Lagann, that's another one.
--
Ken Arromdee / arromdee_AT_rahul.net / http://www.rahul.net/arromdee

"In a superhero story, Superman jumps off buildings and flies. In a realistic
story, Superman doesn't jump off buildings and can't fly. Deconstruction is
writing a story where Superman can't fly but he still jumps off of buildings."

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Jun 28, 2008, 1:15:43 PM6/28/08

Roadrunner decided to stop carrying Usenet entirely, which forced me to
find another news provider. Motzarella is, apparently, not being blocked
these days.

Derek Janssen

Jun 28, 2008, 2:11:35 PM6/28/08
Blade wrote:

> "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote in message
>
> (interrupting people playing with the troll)

We're not playing with him, we're playing AROUND him.
There's a difference, although not much.

(The troll waits for people to talk To him, which is not always the same
as people talking About him, but never quite bothering enough interest
for the To.)

Derek Janssen
eja...@verizon.net

Captain Nerd

Jun 28, 2008, 4:01:37 PM6/28/08
In article <r9v9k.38$iU.31@trndny02>,
Derek Janssen <eja...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:

And I'm not playing, I seriously wish he'd go back to wherever it
was that he was happy, and leave this group alone. Apparently
he's as much a masochist as he is an idiot, since he seems to
enjoy screaming and slinging his feces around and getting slammed
for it. Of course, he's also likely clinically insane, given that
he admits that even he doesn't know why he keeps screaming his
inanities over and over.

Oh, and if Net.Officer Sanjian is still reading, learn to live
with the fact that no one here has to obey you, and if you can't
accept that, you can kindly go piss in your own Cheerios, and
join Mikey in my fascist-wannabe killfile.

Terrence Briggs

Jun 28, 2008, 4:12:00 PM6/28/08
No, this doesn't look good at all.

On Jun 28, 4:01 pm, Captain Nerd <cptn...@nerdwatch.com> wrote:
> In article <r9v9k.38$iU.31@trndny02>,

>  Derek Janssen <ejan...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > Blade wrote:
>

> > > "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <seaw...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote in message

> > > (interrupting people playing with the troll)
>
> > We're not playing with him, we're playing AROUND him.
> > There's a difference, although not much.
>
> > (The troll waits for people to talk To him, which is not always the same
> > as people talking About him, but never quite bothering enough interest
> > for the To.)
>
>    And I'm not playing, I seriously wish he'd go back to wherever it
>    was that he was happy, and leave this group alone.  Apparently
>    he's as much a masochist as he is an idiot, since he seems to
>    enjoy screaming and slinging his feces around and getting slammed
>    for it.  Of course, he's also likely clinically insane, given that
>    he admits that even he doesn't know why he keeps screaming his
>    inanities over and over.
>
>    Oh, and if Net.Officer Sanjian is still reading, learn to live
>    with the fact that no one here has to obey you, and if you can't
>    accept that, you can kindly go piss in your own Cheerios, and
>    join Mikey in my fascist-wannabe killfile.

So no one's mature enough to stop bullying the instigator, and to the
reason this chat room exists in the first place?

This nonsense is sucking the life out of any worthwhile discussion we
COULD be having. Over ONE GUY, who everyone else HATES already. What
exactly is being accomplished by piling on.

To think, that otaku would resort to bullying. Sad and disgusting.
Go ahead and killfile the voices of reason, if you must.

Terrence Briggs
Peace to you..

Terrence Briggs

Jun 28, 2008, 4:17:44 PM6/28/08

Cripes... "Return to the reason this chat room exists in the first
place"

> This nonsense is sucking the life out of any worthwhile discussion we

> COULD be having.  Over ONE GUY, who everyone else HATES already.  What
> exactly is being accomplished by piling on.
>
> To think, that otaku would resort to bullying.  Sad and disgusting.
> Go ahead and killfile the voices of reason, if you must.
>
> Terrence Briggs

> Peace to you...

Captain Nerd

Jun 28, 2008, 4:29:17 PM6/28/08
In article
<fb2e6d65-fc35-4b6c...@l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
Terrence Briggs <mrman1...@lycos.com> wrote:

> No, this doesn't look good at all.

Thank you. I try.

> So no one's mature enough to stop bullying the instigator, and to the
> reason this chat room exists in the first place?

If that's your only definition of maturity, then obviously not,
and by participating in this thread, obviously neither are you.

And by the by, Usenet is not a "chat room". Go look up the
difference.

> This nonsense is sucking the life out of any worthwhile discussion we
> COULD be having. Over ONE GUY, who everyone else HATES already. What
> exactly is being accomplished by piling on.

Venting anger. I was following this thread, obligingly ignoring
the drone, but seeing his crap in people's replies is unavoidable
without dropping the newsgroup altogether, and I refuse to do that.
I chose to reply to the asshole

> To think, that otaku would resort to bullying. Sad and disgusting.

Boo-freakin'-hoo, if you think we're "bullying" Mikey you have led a
sheltered Usenet life.

> Go ahead and killfile the voices of reason, if you must.

"Voices of reason" my fat pimply butt. Sanjian decided he'd jump
on my case *alone* of all the others replying to Mikey's crap here,
just because he thought I'd be all nicey-nice and knuckle under,
and obey his command. If I reply in public, or take it to email,
it's my damn choice, not something I'll do because some net.cop
wannabe tells me to. My god, 2/3 of the time I post people ignore
me, and somehow for *this* I get noticed and "rightfully called"
on it? Bullshit. Read what I post or don't but don't try to pull
that "above the fray" crap on *me*.

Terrence Briggs

Jun 28, 2008, 4:40:19 PM6/28/08
Dude! We got this totally awesome Slayers thread going. And the Ben
10 and Kung Fu Panda stuff... but... that's not on-topic. Oh well.
Inuyaha fan? I'm afraid to read the End of Inuyasha thread, since I'm
like 397 episodes behind and all. What's the canonical stuff I
*gotta* rent from Netflix, before the profile are elimated?

Surely that's more cathartic than this :-)

Terrence Briggs, running out of podcast downloading library time
anyway. Make it quick!
Peace to you...

On Jun 28, 4:29 pm, Captain Nerd <cptn...@nerdwatch.com> wrote:
> In article

> <fb2e6d65-fc35-4b6c-90a2-90ec277a8...@l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Jun 28, 2008, 6:10:06 PM6/28/08
Derek Janssen <eja...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
> Blade wrote:
>> (interrupting people playing with the troll)
>
> We're not playing with him, we're playing AROUND him.
> There's a difference, although not much.

Feeding a troll remains feeding a troll, even if you call it "playing
around the troll".

Your score is falling.

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2008, 7:05:09 PM6/28/08
On Jun 28, 3:10 pm, Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers
<usenet-2...@planetcobalt.net> wrote:

> Derek Janssen <ejan...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
> > Blade wrote:
> >> (interrupting people playing with the troll)
>
> > We're not playing with him, we're playing AROUND him.
> > There's a difference, although not much.
>
> Feeding a troll remains feeding a troll, even if you call it "playing
> around the troll".
>
> Your score is falling.

Especially when I won't let them play around me.

They'll play through me, or remove me.

Mike

sanjian

Jun 28, 2008, 7:39:07 PM6/28/08
Captain Nerd wrote:
> In article <r9v9k.38$iU.31@trndny02>,
> Derek Janssen <eja...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:

> Oh, and if Net.Officer Sanjian is still reading, learn to live
> with the fact that no one here has to obey you, and if you can't

Bitch, please. I never said you had to obey me. I just pointed out that
you, again and again, keep dragging Mikey out of everyone's killfile, which
makes you a complete and total asshole. Of course, now you show that you're
also a petulant asshole with a victim fetish, kind of like your beloved
Mikey.

> accept that, you can kindly go piss in your own Cheerios, and
> join Mikey in my fascist-wannabe killfile.

Ok, we'll have to start the Cap list to go with the Mikey list.

Please look up "fascist."

sanjian

Jun 28, 2008, 7:43:31 PM6/28/08
Captain Nerd wrote:
> In article
> <fb2e6d65-fc35-4b6c...@l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
> Terrence Briggs <mrman1...@lycos.com> wrote:

>> Go ahead and killfile the voices of reason, if you must.
>
> "Voices of reason" my fat pimply butt. Sanjian decided he'd jump
> on my case *alone* of all the others replying to Mikey's crap here,

Actually, I "jumped on your case" because you were the one who was replying
at the time.

> just because he thought I'd be all nicey-nice and knuckle under,
> and obey his command. If I reply in public, or take it to email,

Don't flatter yourself. There was nothing significant about YOU in my
decision to ask you to stop. You've got almost as much of an ego as Mikey.

> it's my damn choice, not something I'll do because some net.cop
> wannabe tells me to. My god, 2/3 of the time I post people ignore
> me, and somehow for *this* I get noticed and "rightfully called"
> on it? Bullshit. Read what I post or don't but don't try to pull
> that "above the fray" crap on *me*.

Translated for the audience: "Don't try to suggest I'm wrong. Don't try to
suggest my shit don't stink. I'll do what I wanna because I'm trying to
relive my teenage years."

Captain Nerd

Jun 28, 2008, 7:56:49 PM6/28/08
In article <84GdndtvjaIIVvvV...@posted.internetamerica>,
"sanjian" <mun...@vt.edu> wrote:

> Captain Nerd wrote:
> > In article <r9v9k.38$iU.31@trndny02>,
> > Derek Janssen <eja...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
>

> > Oh, and if Net.Officer Sanjian is still reading, learn to live
> > with the fact that no one here has to obey you, and if you can't
>
> Bitch, please. I never said you had to obey me. I just pointed out that
> you, again and again, keep dragging Mikey out of everyone's killfile, which
> makes you a complete and total asshole.

Bullshit. *Most* people already ignore my posts, and for you to
claim that somehow, mirabile dictu, *my* posts are the ones that
"drag him out of everyone's killfile" is utter and complete bullshit.

And I may be a complete and total asshole but that just puts me in
good company, asshole.

> > accept that, you can kindly go piss in your own Cheerios, and
> > join Mikey in my fascist-wannabe killfile.
>
> Ok, we'll have to start the Cap list to go with the Mikey list.

Yeah "we" will, like "we" haven't already. Anything to help you
claim to be the aggrieved party, here, what with your delicately
offended sensibilities and all.

Go take a long jump off that short "bite me" pier...

Captain Nerd

Jun 28, 2008, 7:59:36 PM6/28/08
In article <BaedndxjwosAUfvV...@posted.internetamerica>,
"sanjian" <mun...@vt.edu> wrote:

> Captain Nerd wrote:
> > In article
> > <fb2e6d65-fc35-4b6c...@l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
> > Terrence Briggs <mrman1...@lycos.com> wrote:
>
> >> Go ahead and killfile the voices of reason, if you must.
> >
> > "Voices of reason" my fat pimply butt. Sanjian decided he'd jump
> > on my case *alone* of all the others replying to Mikey's crap here,
>
> Actually, I "jumped on your case" because you were the one who was replying
> at the time.

Bullshit.

> > just because he thought I'd be all nicey-nice and knuckle under,
> > and obey his command. If I reply in public, or take it to email,
>
> Don't flatter yourself. There was nothing significant about YOU in my
> decision to ask you to stop. You've got almost as much of an ego as Mikey.

And I saw a complete lack of response to the others who did as I did,
but you blow right past that little tidbit.

> > it's my damn choice, not something I'll do because some net.cop
> > wannabe tells me to. My god, 2/3 of the time I post people ignore
> > me, and somehow for *this* I get noticed and "rightfully called"
> > on it? Bullshit. Read what I post or don't but don't try to pull
> > that "above the fray" crap on *me*.
>
> Translated for the audience: "Don't try to suggest I'm wrong. Don't try to
> suggest my shit don't stink. I'll do what I wanna because I'm trying to
> relive my teenage years."

More bullshit. Don't try to "deconstruct" what I said in plain text,
no matter how much you think it makes you look intelligent. I said
what I said, and the words mean exactly what they mean, no
"translation" required.

sanjian

Jun 28, 2008, 8:18:34 PM6/28/08
Captain Nerd wrote:
> In article <BaedndxjwosAUfvV...@posted.internetamerica>,
> "sanjian" <mun...@vt.edu> wrote:

And here I didn't think Mikey... er, Cappy was talking to me anymore. Botch
the killfile? Or is it that you actually ARE trying to relive your n00b
years?

>> Actually, I "jumped on your case" because you were the one who was
>> replying at the time.
>
> Bullshit.

One word with no attempt to explain how it's bullshit. So, tell me Cappy,
how do you know why I jumped your case? Got that mind control thing going?
Or were you starting to get jealous over all the attention Mikey was
getting, so you decided to start acting like him?

>>> just because he thought I'd be all nicey-nice and knuckle under,
>>> and obey his command. If I reply in public, or take it to email,
>>
>> Don't flatter yourself. There was nothing significant about YOU in
>> my decision to ask you to stop. You've got almost as much of an ego
>> as Mikey.
>
> And I saw a complete lack of response to the others who did as I
> did, but you blow right past that little tidbit.

What's your point? "Waaaah, they did it toooooo!" As I said above
(although you so eloquently crushed my argument with your brilliant retort),
I replied to you because you were the one who was responding to Mikey at the
time.

>>> it's my damn choice, not something I'll do because some net.cop
>>> wannabe tells me to. My god, 2/3 of the time I post people ignore
>>> me, and somehow for *this* I get noticed and "rightfully called"
>>> on it? Bullshit. Read what I post or don't but don't try to pull
>>> that "above the fray" crap on *me*.
>>
>> Translated for the audience: "Don't try to suggest I'm wrong.
>> Don't try to suggest my shit don't stink. I'll do what I wanna
>> because I'm trying to relive my teenage years."
>
> More bullshit. Don't try to "deconstruct" what I said in plain
> text, no matter how much you think it makes you look intelligent.
> I said what I said, and the words mean exactly what they mean, no
> "translation" required.

You know, it doesn't become a grown man to throw a temper tantrum.

sanjian

Jun 28, 2008, 8:21:51 PM6/28/08
Captain Nerd wrote:
> In article <84GdndtvjaIIVvvV...@posted.internetamerica>,
> "sanjian" <mun...@vt.edu> wrote:
>
>> Captain Nerd wrote:
>>> In article <r9v9k.38$iU.31@trndny02>,
>>> Derek Janssen <eja...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
>>

>>> Oh, and if Net.Officer Sanjian is still reading, learn to live
>>> with the fact that no one here has to obey you, and if you can't
>>
>> Bitch, please. I never said you had to obey me. I just pointed out
>> that you, again and again, keep dragging Mikey out of everyone's
>> killfile, which makes you a complete and total asshole.
>
> Bullshit. *Most* people already ignore my posts, and for you to
> claim that somehow, mirabile dictu, *my* posts are the ones that
> "drag him out of everyone's killfile" is utter and complete
> bullshit.

Ahh, playing the "poor pittiful me, nobody pays attention to me" card. So,
how do you know so many people ignore your posts? Granted, considering what
we're seeing from you now, we probably should.

> And I may be a complete and total asshole but that just puts me in
> good company, asshole.

That's Mr. Asshole to you. Or I'll answer to Son of a Bitch.

>>> accept that, you can kindly go piss in your own Cheerios, and
>>> join Mikey in my fascist-wannabe killfile.
>>
>> Ok, we'll have to start the Cap list to go with the Mikey list.
>
> Yeah "we" will, like "we" haven't already. Anything to help you
> claim to be the aggrieved party, here, what with your delicately
> offended sensibilities and all.

Pfft. Who said I'm offended? Amused, maybe. Again, you think too highly
of yourself, Cappy.

> Go take a long jump off that short "bite me" pier...

So does that mean "fascist" isn't in your dictionary?

Message has been deleted

Derek Janssen

Jun 28, 2008, 9:35:19 PM6/28/08
> They'll play through me, or remove me...I WANT MY MARTYRDOM, DARNIT!!

C'mon, guys, let's take our ball and play on the other side of the
playground...We don't wanna play with Crybaby!

Derek Janssen (yeah, go home and play with your dolls!)
eja...@verizon.net

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Jun 28, 2008, 10:15:18 PM6/28/08
Captain Nerd <cpt...@nerdwatch.com> wrote:
> "sanjian" <mun...@vt.edu> wrote:
>> Captain Nerd wrote:
>>> Oh, and if Net.Officer Sanjian is still reading, learn to live with
>>> the fact that no one here has to obey you, and if you can't
>>
>> Bitch, please. I never said you had to obey me. I just pointed out
>> that you, again and again, keep dragging Mikey out of everyone's
>> killfile, which makes you a complete and total asshole.
>
> Bullshit. *Most* people already ignore my posts, and for you to claim
> that somehow, mirabile dictu, *my* posts are the ones that "drag him
> out of everyone's killfile" is utter and complete bullshit.

*sigh*

It's one more person ignoring your posts from now on.

*plonk*

cu
59cobalt

P.S.: If you don't want to be read: why are you writing in the first
place?

Captain Nerd

Jun 28, 2008, 10:58:12 PM6/28/08
In article <g46r7m...@news.in-ulm.de>,

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <usene...@planetcobalt.net> wrote:

> *plonk*
>
> cu
> 59cobalt
>
> P.S.: If you don't want to be read: why are you writing in the first
> place?

Makes it kind of hard to answer the question when you've killfiled
me.

Not that it makes any difference to anyone, but I write to write,
if you read, fine, if you don't, it's your loss. Nowhere did I
ever say I don't want to be read, that would be a stupid statement.
I did say that I *haven't* been read most of the time, but that's
not by my choice.

So, go ahead and make it automatic, there's a good boy.

Message has been deleted

Invid Fan

Jun 29, 2008, 12:35:19 AM6/29/08

For the same reason someone writes who doesn't care if they're read :)

--
Chris Mack *quote under construction*
'Invid Fan'

The Wanderer

Jun 29, 2008, 6:27:45 AM6/29/08
Captain Nerd wrote:

> In article <g46r7m...@news.in-ulm.de>, Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers
> <usene...@planetcobalt.net> wrote:
>
>> *plonk*
>>
>> cu 59cobalt
>>
>> P.S.: If you don't want to be read: why are you writing in the
>> first place?
>
> Makes it kind of hard to answer the question when you've killfiled
> me.
>
> Not that it makes any difference to anyone, but I write to write, if
> you read, fine, if you don't, it's your loss. Nowhere did I ever say
> I don't want to be read, that would be a stupid statement. I did say
> that I *haven't* been read most of the time, but that's not by my
> choice.

I think the question was being asked with the implicit assumption "if
you are replying to starcade's posts, you want your replies to be read".
In order for your replies to not drag him out of people's killfiles,
people would have to not read those replies; thus, if you are claiming
that your posts do not (/are not intended to) do that, then you are
claiming that your posts are not being (/are not intended to be) read.
Or something along those lines.

For the record and what it's worth: I do read your posts, and in fact
until the recent politics discussion and (following that) this thread
I've often rather enjoyed them. Just because people don't respond to
what you write doesn't necessarily mean that they don't read it.

--
The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.

sanjian

Jun 29, 2008, 6:32:39 AM6/29/08
Captain Nerd wrote:
> In article <g46r7m...@news.in-ulm.de>,
> Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <usene...@planetcobalt.net> wrote:
>
>> *plonk*
>>
>> cu
>> 59cobalt
>>
>> P.S.: If you don't want to be read: why are you writing in the first
>> place?
>
> Makes it kind of hard to answer the question when you've killfiled
> me.

Funny, you still replied to me after you had killfiled me. Why should this
be any different?

Blade

Jun 29, 2008, 7:06:14 AM6/29/08

"Captain Nerd" <cpt...@nerdwatch.com> wrote in message

> In article <84GdndtvjaIIVvvV...@posted.internetamerica>,
> "sanjian" <mun...@vt.edu> wrote:
>
>> Captain Nerd wrote:
>> > In article <r9v9k.38$iU.31@trndny02>,
>> > Derek Janssen <eja...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
>>

>> > Oh, and if Net.Officer Sanjian is still reading, learn to live
>> > with the fact that no one here has to obey you, and if you can't
>>
>> Bitch, please. I never said you had to obey me. I just pointed out that
>> you, again and again, keep dragging Mikey out of everyone's killfile,
>> which
>> makes you a complete and total asshole.
>
> Bullshit. *Most* people already ignore my posts, and for you to
> claim that somehow, mirabile dictu, *my* posts are the ones that
> "drag him out of everyone's killfile" is utter and complete bullshit.

1) Could everybody, if you must respond to the idiot troll, at least not let
him cause fights among the newsgroup regulars? Not that I'm impinging on
your freedom of expression, just that that's obviously what he wants and
it'd be nice not to give him the satisfaction and thus hopefully have him
eventually leave.

2) Cap'n, with all due respect, unless there's some history between you, why
on earth would Sanjian single you out? It's not because of your politics,
that's for sure. ;p He was just bitching that people were responding to the
troll and you happened to be the one responding at the time. Lots of us have
done that, and you certainly must have known many people were annoyed he
takes up half the newsgroup's discussion when you did respond to him.

Summing up for everyone - is it really worth that much fuss? Frankly, I'd
rather ressurect the politics tangent than watch people argue due to the
troll. At least someone might learn something there. :)

-
Blade

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Jun 29, 2008, 9:08:18 AM6/29/08
Justin <nos...@insightbb.com> wrote:
> Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers wrote on [Sun, 29 Jun 2008 04:15:18 (CEST)]:
>> *plonk*

>> P.S.: If you don't want to be read: why are you writing in the first
>> place?
>
> Uh, useless post in two ways.
>
> 1) nobody gives a crap if you plonk someone, that's just a stupid thing
> to post. EVER

a) Just because you don't give a crap doesn't mean nobody else does.
b) Announcing that I killfiled someone means I'm suggesting for others
to do the same. (whether they do or don't is up to them, of course)
c) It's also a hint for the killfiled person that they need to work on
their attitude. (if they actually care about me reading them, that
is)

I'm not announcing every plonk I make. When I do, I'm doing it for a
reason.

> 2) Why ask a question of someone if you have killfiled them, thus never
> seeing the answer?

Some questions are meant for people to ask themselves.

cu
59cobalt

Aje RavenStar

Jun 29, 2008, 9:24:19 AM6/29/08

"Blade" <kumo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

It's tempting to suggest we do exactly that. Say, any person continuing
this backbiting crap instead of actual discussion gets five dollars sent to
either the retire the debt fund for either Hillary or Ron Paul (chosen by
random spin) in their name, email address included....

Rob Kelk

Jun 29, 2008, 11:50:35 AM6/29/08
On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 08:24:19 -0500, "Aje RavenStar"
<whine...@comcast.net> wrote:

>"Blade" <kumo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

<snip>

>> Summing up for everyone - is it really worth that much fuss? Frankly, I'd
>> rather ressurect the politics tangent than watch people argue due to the
>> troll. At least someone might learn something there. :)
>>

>It's tempting to suggest we do exactly that. Say, any person continuing
>this backbiting crap instead of actual discussion gets five dollars sent to
>either the retire the debt fund for either Hillary or Ron Paul (chosen by
>random spin) in their name, email address included....

Can we change "Hillary or Ron Paul" to "Chrétien or Paul Martin"
instead? I don't agree with their politics, but at least the money will
stay in this country...

--
Rob Kelk <http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/> e-mail: s/deadspam/gmail/
"And really, you think people who watch Japanese cartoons would be

Rob Kelk

Jun 29, 2008, 11:52:10 AM6/29/08
On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 15:08:18 +0200 (CEST), Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers
<usene...@planetcobalt.net> wrote:

<snip>

>b) Announcing that I killfiled someone means I'm suggesting for others
> to do the same. (whether they do or don't is up to them, of course)

There are other, less-intrusive ways to encourage killfiling. A custom
.sig, for instance.

Just saying...

<snip>

--
Rob Kelk Personal address (ROT-13): eboxryx -ng- tznvy -qbg- pbz
"Aggresive killfiling. I highly recommend it. It isn't personal;
there's just a limited number of hours in the day."
- Russ Allbery (<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>), in message
<yl66l68...@windlord.stanford.edu>

Message has been deleted

Aje RavenStar

Jun 29, 2008, 11:59:36 AM6/29/08

"Rob Kelk" <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote in message

> On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 08:24:19 -0500, "Aje RavenStar"
> <whine...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>"Blade" <kumo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
>>> Summing up for everyone - is it really worth that much fuss? Frankly,
>>> I'd
>>> rather ressurect the politics tangent than watch people argue due to the
>>> troll. At least someone might learn something there. :)
>>>

>>It's tempting to suggest we do exactly that. Say, any person continuing
>>this backbiting crap instead of actual discussion gets five dollars sent
>>either the retire the debt fund for either Hillary or Ron Paul (chosen by
>>random spin) in their name, email address included....
>
> Can we change "Hillary or Ron Paul" to "Chrétien or Paul Martin"
> instead? I don't agree with their politics, but at least the money will
> stay in this country...

Certainly, with a caveat - it's got to be someone that will be salt in the
offender's wounds. That's why I named the two I did, since the growlers and
snarlers were here in the US. Now I don't know that any of the possible
targets get hives just thinking about being on certain politicians' news
email lists, but.....

Terrence Briggs

Jun 29, 2008, 12:47:20 PM6/29/08
On Jun 28, 8:35 pm, Justin <nos...@insightbb.com> wrote:
> Terrence Briggs wrote on [Sat, 28 Jun 2008 13:17:44 -0700 (PDT)]:

> > Cripes... "Return to the reason this chat room exists in the first
> > place"
>
> This isn't a chat room

I know, I know. Don't mind my shtick.

I've harmlessly observed for months that this group's propensity to
make one-line replies, off-topic tangents, and ignore any post that's
more than a week old reminds me of a chat-room :-)

Terrence Briggs, not incriminating anyone or anything...
Peace to you...

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Jun 29, 2008, 1:04:40 PM6/29/08
Justin <nos...@insightbb.com> wrote:
> Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers wrote on [Sun, 29 Jun 2008 15:08:18 (CEST)]:

>> Justin <nos...@insightbb.com> wrote:
>>> 1) nobody gives a crap if you plonk someone, that's just a stupid
>>> thing to post. EVER
>>
>> a) Just because you don't give a crap doesn't mean nobody else does.
>> b) Announcing that I killfiled someone means I'm suggesting for others
>> to do the same. (whether they do or don't is up to them, of course)
>> c) It's also a hint for the killfiled person that they need to work on
>> their attitude. (if they actually care about me reading them, that
>> is)
>>
>> I'm not announcing every plonk I make. When I do, I'm doing it for a
>> reason.
>>
>>> 2) Why ask a question of someone if you have killfiled them, thus
>>> never seeing the answer?
>>
>> Some questions are meant for people to ask themselves.
>
> Precisely, you post your holier than thou plonk so that everyone else
> will see how much holier you are, and they should follow your example.
> Also so that the poster can repent and think inwardly about how they
> can improve himself so that you will deign to read his posts again.

Read again.

sanjian

Jun 29, 2008, 1:33:55 PM6/29/08
Aje RavenStar wrote:
> "Blade" <kumo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> Summing up for everyone - is it really worth that much fuss?

>> Frankly, I'd rather ressurect the politics tangent than watch people
>> argue due to the troll. At least someone might learn something
>> there. :)
>
> It's tempting to suggest we do exactly that. Say, any person
> continuing this backbiting crap instead of actual discussion gets
> five dollars sent to either the retire the debt fund for either
> Hillary or Ron Paul (chosen by random spin) in their name, email
> address included....

If you're going to be sending money, that's fine with me. No skin off my
nose.

It is loading more messages.