Toshokan Sensou Ep. 6 - "Book of Prophecy"

1 view

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Jul 10, 2008, 10:05:52 PM7/10/08
In a show about book censorship, it figured they'd eventually get
to *that* book, and I was left wondering if it was indeed *that* book.
In that world, it would be no surprise that *that* book was no longer
in print; the mention of a movie version by a French director was
another tip-off.

In the end, "the book" of this episode's fight is revealed to be
titled "K 505." I then did a little conversion of Kelvin to
Fahreneheit, and found 505 K = 449.6 F. Close enough! : )

On that note, did any publishers outside of the US actually change
Fahrenheit 451's title? I'd have thought "C 232" would make more
sense that an ultra-scientific Kelvin-based title . . .

--
- ReFlex 76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot
girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between
looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Jul 11, 2008, 3:24:38 AM7/11/08
Thu, 10 Jul 2008 7:05pm-0700, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com>:

> In a show about book censorship, it figured they'd eventually get
> to *that* book, and I was left wondering if it was indeed *that* book.
> In that world, it would be no surprise that *that* book was no longer
> in print; the mention of a movie version by a French director was
> another tip-off.
>
> In the end, "the book" of this episode's fight is revealed to be
> titled "K 505." I then did a little conversion of Kelvin to
> Fahreneheit, and found 505 K = 449.6 F. Close enough! : )
>
> On that note, did any publishers outside of the US actually change
> Fahrenheit 451's title? I'd have thought "C 232" would make more
> sense that an ultra-scientific Kelvin-based title . . .

Heh, fans would boycott! You should know that! ^_^

Laters. =)

Stan
--
_______ ________ _______ ____ ___ ___ ______ ______
| __|__ __| _ | \ | | | | _____| _____|
| ( _| | http://www.uofr.net/~lostrune/
\ ______| _______ ____ ___
/ \ / \ | _ | \ | |
/ \/ \| _ | |\ |
/___/\/\___|__| |__|___| \ ___|

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Jul 11, 2008, 11:16:19 AM7/11/08
Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> wrote:
> On that note, did any publishers outside of the US actually change
> Fahrenheit 451's title?

I don't think so. At least the German publisher didn't.

cu
59cobalt
--
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight
flaw in my character."