Sci-Fi's Ani-Monday: Read or Die OAV instead of Gurren Lagann this week.

DBBrandell

Aug 23, 2008, 1:26:04 PM8/23/08
For people who get the Sci Fi channel, Gurren Lagann is being switched
out for two weeks; first for the Read or Die OAV on August 25th, and
then on September 1st, for Street Fighter Alpha.

According to my cable provider,

ROD runs 11:05PM to 1:05AM, time zone 5 ( Eastern ).

According to Sci Fi's website,

Street Fighter Alpha starts at 11PM, zone 5.

Sci Fi's website times may be a bit approximate. And, as is normal, all
this is subject to change without notice.

Thanks to ANN's The Click schedule column:

www.animenewsnetwork.com/the-click/2008-08-23

and the Anime On TV website:

www.animeontv.com

DBB

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Aug 24, 2008, 2:44:56 AM8/24/08
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:26:04 -0600, DBBrandell
<NoSuc...@NoSuchAccount.net> wrote:

>For people who get the Sci Fi channel, Gurren Lagann is being switched
>out for two weeks; first for the Read or Die OAV on August 25th, and
>then on September 1st, for Street Fighter Alpha.

<snip>

Nice place to leave off too; after those slow first two episodes,
it has *really* picked up, down to the obligatory Gainax Tragic
Death®! It seems they figured out the best way to tone down their
famous angst (besides their even more famous "bounce") was to go apply
the whimsy and humor as liberally as possible; this is Eva on Prozac
*and* Red Bull!

Also, for those unaware, Leeron is voiced by none other than Steve
Blum. Actors love going against type, and after playing overly macho
characters like Spike Speigel, Samurai Champloo's Mugen, and Ruroni
Kenshin's Shishio, it seems he loved taking a role as far from those
as possible!

Along those lines, Evangelion had a bit of anti-typecasting, with
the usually genki Megumi Hayashibara playing the almost emotion-less
Rei, and the ususally tough Megumi Ogata playing the
anything-but-tough Shinji Ikari. Also along those lines, one actor
who doesn't mind typecasting is David Spade, who refers to it as "a
guaranteed job"; yes, he's well aware he's constantly typecast as a
"snarky" character . . .

--

- ReFlex76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer