[OT] WinX Club

1 view

Galen

Jun 1, 2008, 10:34:21 PM6/1/08
The latest subtitled torrent is from the Italian.
[WCFS] Winx Club - 01v2 [PC][10879B9B].avi

Much more coherent than the English recut.

-Galen

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Jun 2, 2008, 12:36:51 AM6/2/08
Sun, 1 Jun 2008 10:34pm-0400, Galen <ga...@nekomimicon.net>:

> The latest subtitled torrent is from the Italian.
> [WCFS] Winx Club - 01v2 [PC][10879B9B].avi
>
> Much more coherent than the English recut.

Wait, you actually watched that? ^_^

Laters. =)

STan
--
_______ ________ _______ ____ ___ ___ ______ ______
| __|__ __| _ | \ | | | | _____| _____|
| ( _| | http://www.uofr.net/~lostrune/
\ ______| _______ ____ ___
/ \ / \ | _ | \ | |
/ \/ \| _ | |\ |
/___/\/\___|__| |__|___| \ ___|

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Jun 2, 2008, 8:15:19 PM6/2/08
On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 22:34:21 -0400, Galen <ga...@nekomimicon.net>
wrote:

>The latest subtitled torrent is from the Italian.
>[WCFS] Winx Club - 01v2 [PC][10879B9B].avi
>
>Much more coherent than the English recut.

Still no match for W.I.T.C.H. . . .

--
- ReFlex 76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot
girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between
looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Terrence Briggs

Jun 8, 2008, 9:42:31 AM6/8/08
On Jun 2, 8:15 pm, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 22:34:21 -0400, Galen <ga...@nekomimicon.net>
> wrote:
>
> >The latest subtitled torrent is from the Italian.
> >[WCFS] Winx Club - 01v2 [PC][10879B9B].avi
>
> >Much more coherent than the English recut.
>
>   Still no match for W.I.T.C.H. . . .

Except in the ratings :-(

Didn't you know? WinX is back on 4Kids.tv.

I admit that I'm curious, but I'd rather save my bandwidth for... I
dunno... more North Korean animation <shrug>

Terrence Briggs, got a Cartoon Noir DVD from Netflix. Nonsucking
European animation For The Win!
Peace to you...

Galen

Jun 8, 2008, 11:03:05 AM6/8/08
On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 06:42:31 -0700 (PDT), Terrence Briggs
<mrman1...@lycos.com> wrote:

>On Jun 2, 8:15 pm, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 22:34:21 -0400, Galen <ga...@nekomimicon.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >The latest subtitled torrent is from the Italian.
>> >[WCFS] Winx Club - 01v2 [PC][10879B9B].avi
>>
>> >Much more coherent than the English recut.
>>
>>   Still no match for W.I.T.C.H. . . .
>
>Except in the ratings :-(
>
>Didn't you know? WinX is back on 4Kids.tv.

I did not know. Are they airing season 3?

Massimo Sabbadini

Jun 8, 2008, 1:01:29 PM6/8/08
<mrman1...@lycos.com> wrote:

>>   Still no match for W.I.T.C.H. . . .
>
>Except in the ratings :-(
>
>Didn't you know? WinX is back on 4Kids.tv.

Sigh. To think this is the best Italian animation has to offer... ;_;
I actually watched all three seasons of Winx because I am a sucker for
majokko shows. It was usually predictable and sappy shoujo stuff, but
sometimes it had good humour, especially in the second season. We had
Stella citing the signature attack from Daitarn III, an entire episode
dedicated to the "Patchaman" Squad, other citations from 2001 A Space
Odissey and Harry Potter. I am sure the guys who worked on the second
season were anime fans.
I agree with you that WITCH is better animation-wise and story-wise.
The WITCH comic is also an Italian creation, but the animation was
made in France, I think.

--
Massimo "Gohan" Sabbadini
Email: gohan(at)megane.it

Chika

Jun 8, 2008, 1:42:17 PM6/8/08
In article <7l3o4410tng22mgqh...@4ax.com>,

Massimo Sabbadini <go...@megane.it> wrote:
> I agree with you that WITCH is better animation-wise and story-wise.
> The WITCH comic is also an Italian creation, but the animation was
> made in France, I think.

SIP Animation and Jetix (part of Disney, ISTR). A lot of the names in the
credits appear to be French, though there does appear to be some far east
involvement too.

And yes, I prefer WITCH to WinX any day. The art in WinX is far too
stylised for my liking; worse than Yu-Gi-Oh, IMHO.

--
// \// Mitsuo... Menda... naha naha...

... CAD : Can't Anybody Draw?

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Jun 8, 2008, 11:03:54 PM6/8/08
Sun, 8 Jun 2008 7:01pm+0200, Massimo Sabbadini <go...@megane.it>:

> On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 06:42:31 -0700 (PDT), Terrence Briggs
> <mrman1...@lycos.com> wrote:
>
> >>   Still no match for W.I.T.C.H. . . .
> >
> >Except in the ratings :-(
> >
> >Didn't you know? WinX is back on 4Kids.tv.
>
> Sigh. To think this is the best Italian animation has to offer... ;_;
> I actually watched all three seasons of Winx because I am a sucker for
> majokko shows. It was usually predictable and sappy shoujo stuff, but
> sometimes it had good humour, especially in the second season. We had
> Stella citing the signature attack from Daitarn III, an entire episode
> dedicated to the "Patchaman" Squad, other citations from 2001 A Space
> Odissey and Harry Potter. I am sure the guys who worked on the second
> season were anime fans.

Would you believe they actually hired a designer
to design those horrible dress outfits?!

> I agree with you that WITCH is better animation-wise and story-wise.
> The WITCH comic is also an Italian creation, but the animation was
> made in France, I think.

Yes, yet English is the original language.

Terrence Briggs

Jul 6, 2008, 11:16:15 AM7/6/08
Any REALLY old business? (Stop whining, Stan; it's on-topic!!!)

On Jun 8, 1:01 pm, Massimo Sabbadini <go...@megane.it> wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 06:42:31 -0700 (PDT), Terrence Briggs
>

> <mrman1mrm...@lycos.com> wrote:
> >>   Still no match for W.I.T.C.H. . . .
>
> >Except in the ratings :-(
>
> >Didn't you know?  WinX is back on 4Kids.tv.
>
> Sigh. To think this is the best Italian animation has to offer... ;_;

Heh. I'm actually a mini-fan of Monster Allergy's North American
localization. It had a more consumable pace, likeable characters, a
reasonably imaginative story and universe (Ghostbusters-meets-Sixth
Sense-meets-Digimon), and no chance of surviving a sinking Kids WB
lineup, or any other American animation lineup. It'll go down in
animation history as another forgotten gem in the TV wasteland.

> I actually watched all three seasons of Winx because I am a sucker for
> majokko shows. It was usually predictable and sappy shoujo stuff, but
> sometimes it had good humour, especially in the second season.

If by "good humor" you mean "non-sequitirs", then yes, it had some
"good humor".

If you mean "campy ineptitude", then yes, it was ROTFL :-)

> We had
> Stella citing the signature attack from Daitarn III, an entire episode
> dedicated to the "Patchaman" Squad, other citations from 2001 A Space
> Odissey and Harry Potter. I am sure the guys who worked on the second
> season were anime fans.
> I agree with you that WITCH is better animation-wise and story-wise.
> The WITCH comic is also an Italian creation, but the animation was
> made in France, I think.

I was definitely animated in South Korea (Hong Ying) and I beleive
Taiwan (Wang Film, wherever they're located).

It was mostly written by Canadians(?) in Season 1 (they used to work
on Ned's Newt, and now work on Will & Dewitt, an E/I-certified Ned's
Newt clone). It was mostly written by Americans in Season 2
(Gargoyles creator Greg Weisman, who now works on Spectacular Spider-
man).

The layouts, storyboarding, art direction and such may have been done
in Europe. Ibeleive the production was French.

I am certain that the DVDs are available in every continent BUT North
America and Antartica :-P

> --
> Massimo "Gohan" Sabbadini
> Email: gohan(at)megane.it
> "Tibi, magnum Innominandum, signa stellarum nigrarum
>  et bufaniformis Sadoquae sigilim" (De Vermis Mysteriis)

Terrence Briggs, not bitter. Not a pirate, either.
Peace to you...

Terrence Briggs

Jul 6, 2008, 11:21:18 AM7/6/08
Unfinished business from my earlier post. I suck.

On Jun 8, 11:03 pm, "S.t.A.n.L.e.E" <LostRune+...@UofR.SlamSpam.net>
wrote:

> Sun, 8 Jun 2008 7:01pm+0200, Massimo Sabbadini <go...@megane.it>:

> > >Except in the ratings :-(
>
> > >Didn't you know?  WinX is back on 4Kids.tv.
>
> > Sigh. To think this is the best Italian animation has to offer... ;_;
> > I actually watched all three seasons of Winx because I am a sucker for
> > majokko shows. It was usually predictable and sappy shoujo stuff, but
> > sometimes it had good humour, especially in the second season. We had
> > Stella citing the signature attack from Daitarn III, an entire episode
> > dedicated to the "Patchaman" Squad, other citations from 2001 A Space
> > Odissey and Harry Potter. I am sure the guys who worked on the second
> > season were anime fans.
>
> Would you believe they actually hired a designer
> to design those horrible dress outfits?!

Which designer was worse? The one who designed Winx's "elegant
hotness" parade of midriffs, platform heels, and bare arms, or the
Appleseed Ex:Machina designer (Prada?) who designed Duenan's milk-maid
formal wear? "Take that off!", to quote Jay-Z.

> > I agree with you that WITCH is better animation-wise and story-wise.
> > The WITCH comic is also an Italian creation, but the animation was
> > made in France, I think.
>
> Yes, yet English is the original language.

The WITCH comic was originally written in English?

Terrence Briggs, who really should know this stuff, but is a bit of an
Ugly American about Other Peoples' Animation
Peace to you...

Terrence Briggs

Jul 6, 2008, 11:26:48 AM7/6/08
I'm batting a thousand, folks. Third strike's the charm...

On Jul 6, 11:16 am, Terrence Briggs <mrman1mrm...@lycos.com> wrote:
> Any REALLY old business?  (Stop whining, Stan; it's on-topic!!!)
>
> On Jun 8, 1:01 pm, Massimo Sabbadini <go...@megane.it> wrote:

> > >Except in the ratings :-(
>
> > >Didn't you know?  WinX is back on 4Kids.tv.
>
> > Sigh. To think this is the best Italian animation has to offer... ;_;

<snip>

> > I agree with you that WITCH is better animation-wise and story-wise.
> > The WITCH comic is also an Italian creation, but the animation was
> > made in France, I think.
>
> I was definitely animated in South Korea (Hong Ying) and I beleive
> Taiwan (Wang Film, wherever they're located).
>
> It was mostly written by Canadians(?) in Season 1 (they used to work
> on Ned's Newt, and now work on Will & Dewitt, an E/I-certified Ned's
> Newt clone).

Darrell Vickers and Andrew Niccol. They seem to have moved up to
George of the Jungle 2007. Good to hear.

They were gag writers for Johnny Carson back in the day. That makes
them personas non grata among some animation writer-haters :-)

Terrence Briggs, ticking off his allotted number of Google Groups
postings for the day. The one anti-SPAM-and-troll measure they
have... and it punishes the faithful.

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Jul 6, 2008, 5:17:45 PM7/6/08
Sun, 6 Jul 2008 8:21am-0700, Terrence Briggs <mrman1...@lycos.com>:

> Unfinished business from my earlier post. I suck.
>
> On Jun 8, 11:03 pm, "S.t.A.n.L.e.E" <LostRune+...@UofR.SlamSpam.net>
> wrote:
> > Sun, 8 Jun 2008 7:01pm+0200, Massimo Sabbadini <go...@megane.it>:

> > > Sigh. To think this is the best Italian animation has to offer... ;_;
> > > I actually watched all three seasons of Winx because I am a sucker for
> > > majokko shows. It was usually predictable and sappy shoujo stuff, but
> > > sometimes it had good humour, especially in the second season. We had
> > > Stella citing the signature attack from Daitarn III, an entire episode
> > > dedicated to the "Patchaman" Squad, other citations from 2001 A Space
> > > Odissey and Harry Potter. I am sure the guys who worked on the second
> > > season were anime fans.
> >
> > Would you believe they actually hired a designer
> > to design those horrible dress outfits?!
>
> Which designer was worse? The one who designed Winx's "elegant
> hotness" parade of midriffs, platform heels, and bare arms, or the
> Appleseed Ex:Machina designer (Prada?) who designed Duenan's milk-maid
> formal wear? "Take that off!", to quote Jay-Z.

Which one do you think?

> > > I agree with you that WITCH is better animation-wise and story-wise.
> > > The WITCH comic is also an Italian creation, but the animation was
> > > made in France, I think.
> >
> > Yes, yet English is the original language.
>
> The WITCH comic was originally written in English?
>
> Terrence Briggs, who really should know this stuff, but is a bit of an
> Ugly American about Other Peoples' Animation
> Peace to you...

Animation, of course. ;-p

Laters. =)

Stan