[FLUFF] Anime Asks For a Bailout . . .

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Dec 17, 2008, 6:43:05 PM12/17/08
Inspired by this . . .:

<http://www.gocomics.com/candorville/2008/12/15/>

<http://www.gocomics.com/candorville/2008/12/16/>

. . . I was wondering what anime characters would represent the
industry if things reached such a point; as much sense as it makes for
them to go before the Diet of Japan, with North America being their
next biggest moneymaker, it would also make sense for them to appear
before Congress, at least as much sense as animated characters
testifying before any legislative body would. Anybody got ideas?

Oh, and if anyone is thinking of *that* scene from Mars Attacks . .
. no, just no. Too much of a cop-out, and too many "capable"
characters . . .

--
- ReFlex 76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot
girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between
looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Captain Nerd

Dec 17, 2008, 7:25:45 PM12/17/08
In article <0u2jk4prjutran4id...@4ax.com>,

Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> wrote:

> Inspired by this . . .:
>
> <http://www.gocomics.com/candorville/2008/12/15/>
>
> <http://www.gocomics.com/candorville/2008/12/16/>
>
> . . . I was wondering what anime characters would represent the
> industry if things reached such a point; as much sense as it makes for
> them to go before the Diet of Japan, with North America being their
> next biggest moneymaker, it would also make sense for them to appear
> before Congress, at least as much sense as animated characters
> testifying before any legislative body would. Anybody got ideas?

If Nabiki Tendou can't get the money, no one can...

Cap.

--
Since 1989, recycling old jokes, cliches, and bad puns, one Usenet
post at a time!

Aje RavenStar

Dec 17, 2008, 4:32:06 PM12/17/08

"Captain Nerd" <cpt...@nerdwatch.com> wrote in message

> In article <0u2jk4prjutran4id...@4ax.com>,
> Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> Inspired by this . . .:
>>
>> <http://www.gocomics.com/candorville/2008/12/15/>
>>
>> <http://www.gocomics.com/candorville/2008/12/16/>
>>
>> . . . I was wondering what anime characters would represent the
>> industry if things reached such a point; as much sense as it makes for
>> them to go before the Diet of Japan, with North America being their
>> next biggest moneymaker, it would also make sense for them to appear
>> before Congress, at least as much sense as animated characters
>> testifying before any legislative body would. Anybody got ideas?
>
> If Nabiki Tendou can't get the money, no one can...
>
> Cap.

My first thought would be to send Miyako (Hidamari Sketch). Pondering it,
I realized sending Suzumiya Haruhi would be the surest way of getting what
you wanted - IF you could engage and maintain her interest in doing so....

The Relic

Dec 17, 2008, 11:31:15 PM12/17/08
Captain Nerd wrote:
> In article <0u2jk4prjutran4id...@4ax.com>,
> Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> Inspired by this . . .:
>>
>> <http://www.gocomics.com/candorville/2008/12/15/>
>>
>> <http://www.gocomics.com/candorville/2008/12/16/>
>>
>> . . . I was wondering what anime characters would represent the
>> industry if things reached such a point; as much sense as it makes for
>> them to go before the Diet of Japan, with North America being their
>> next biggest moneymaker, it would also make sense for them to appear
>> before Congress, at least as much sense as animated characters
>> testifying before any legislative body would. Anybody got ideas?
>
> If Nabiki Tendou can't get the money, no one can...
>
> Cap.

Yeah, but I would suggest Ukyou to make the case on behalf of the
working stiffs, and Nabiki can take incriminating photos to
"convince" recitent members of the Diet "come around" ^_^.
I would send Ryouga help 'em out, but he'd just get lost...

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Dec 18, 2008, 7:03:27 AM12/18/08
Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> wrote:
> . . . I was wondering what anime characters would represent the
> industry if things reached such a point; as much sense as it makes for
> them to go before the Diet of Japan, with North America being their
> next biggest moneymaker, it would also make sense for them to appear
> before Congress, at least as much sense as animated characters
> testifying before any legislative body would. Anybody got ideas?

Lina Inverse without a doubt.

cu
59cobalt
--
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight
flaw in my character."

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Dec 18, 2008, 7:36:23 AM12/18/08

Justy Ukei Tylor.

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Rob Kelk

Dec 18, 2008, 8:03:02 AM12/18/08
On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 13:03:27 +0100 (CET), Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers
<usene...@planetcobalt.net> wrote:

>Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> wrote:
>> . . . I was wondering what anime characters would represent the
>> industry if things reached such a point; as much sense as it makes for
>> them to go before the Diet of Japan, with North America being their
>> next biggest moneymaker, it would also make sense for them to appear
>> before Congress, at least as much sense as animated characters
>> testifying before any legislative body would. Anybody got ideas?
>
>Lina Inverse without a doubt.

Nah, Lina's only got about a 65% success rate at getting and keeping the
treasure.

For an unrealted but obvious reason, I wouldn't send Shutaro Mendou to
ask for money, although I might send someone to ask Shutaro Mendou for
money.

As to who I *would* send, Rikushiro Onigawara (from "Mao-chan") is
pretty good at getting funding from the Diet. Just tell him it's to make
darling grand-daughter look good...

--
Rob Kelk <http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/> e-mail: s/deadspam/gmail/
"Santa sure says some mean things, you know?"

selaboc

Dec 18, 2008, 8:04:28 AM12/18/08
Rather than send someone to Congress, they'll just threaten to send
Kei and Yuri. The bail out money would quickly be given to avoid the
catastrophy that would result from a visit by the Dirty Pair

Aje RavenStar

Dec 18, 2008, 8:31:21 AM12/18/08

"selaboc" <c64...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Rather than send someone to Congress, they'll just threaten to send
> Kei and Yuri. The bail out money would quickly be given to avoid the
> catastrophy that would result from a visit by the Dirty Pair

Or just send a picture of them with the caption - "Help us keep these two
gainfully employed."

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Dec 18, 2008, 9:03:30 AM12/18/08
Rob Kelk <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 13:03:27 (CET), Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers wrote:
>>Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> wrote:
>>> . . . I was wondering what anime characters would represent the
>>> industry if things reached such a point; as much sense as it makes for
>>> them to go before the Diet of Japan, with North America being their
>>> next biggest moneymaker, it would also make sense for them to appear
>>> before Congress, at least as much sense as animated characters
>>> testifying before any legislative body would. Anybody got ideas?
>>
>>Lina Inverse without a doubt.
>
> Nah, Lina's only got about a 65% success rate at getting and keeping the
> treasure.

But she's got 100% success rate at blowing up the surroundings. WFM.

darkst...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2008, 2:01:25 PM12/18/08
On Dec 17, 3:43 pm, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:
>    Inspired by this . . .:
>
>   <http://www.gocomics.com/candorville/2008/12/15/>
>
>   <http://www.gocomics.com/candorville/2008/12/16/>
>
>    . . . I was wondering what anime characters would represent the
> industry if things reached such a point; as much sense as it makes for
> them to go before the Diet of Japan, with North America being their
> next biggest moneymaker, it would also make sense for them to appear
> before Congress, at least as much sense as animated characters
> testifying before any legislative body would.  Anybody got ideas?

Presuming we are talking about a serious question here...

Characters from:

Dragonball Z
Naruto
Bleach

and maybe a couple others...

(Since you discussed _characters_, Miyazaki, et. al. are kept off the
discussion.)

Mike