[OT] Freedom! Sweet freedom (going home Sat)

Captain Nerd

Mar 6, 2009, 7:09:31 PM3/6/09
Thanks for the stories and thoughts, even if I couldn't reply to them
all, I had to hold my iPod battery in reserve as long as I could ^===^

I will be keeping a low profile till i get home but will be using my
upcoming downtime productively ^===^

Cap.

Martin D. Pay

Mar 9, 2009, 7:02:31 AM3/9/09
On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 18:09:31 -0600, Captain Nerd
<cpt...@nerdwatch.com> mangled uncounted electrons thus:

<VBEG> For which given value of 'productive'?

Martin D. Pay
Get better quickly...

Captain Nerd

Mar 9, 2009, 10:38:58 PM3/9/09
In article <kot9r4l34io76erei...@4ax.com>,

'Slong as it's legal and ethical, I should be okay, right? ^===^

> Martin D. Pay
> Get better quickly...

Gettin' there, thanks...

Cap.

--
Since 1989, recycling old jokes, cliches, and bad puns, one Usenet
post at a time!

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Mar 14, 2009, 11:51:56 AM3/14/09
On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 18:09:31 -0600, Captain Nerd
<cpt...@nerdwatch.com> wrote:

Maybe not someone you want to be compared to, but - coincidentally
- here's another case of appendicitis!:

<http://comics.com/drabble/2009-03-13/>

<http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2009/3/13&name=Drabble>

<http://preview.tinyurl.com/cjh7kv>

Oh, and here's to a good recovery!

--

- ReFlex76

Captain Nerd

Mar 14, 2009, 4:09:29 PM3/14/09
In article <agknr41hldp0fu76a...@4ax.com>,

Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 18:09:31 -0600, Captain Nerd
> <cpt...@nerdwatch.com> wrote:
>
> >Thanks for the stories and thoughts, even if I couldn't reply to them
> >all, I had to hold my iPod battery in reserve as long as I could ^===^
> >
> >I will be keeping a low profile till i get home but will be using my
> >upcoming downtime productively ^===^
> >

> Maybe not someone you want to be compared to, but - coincidentally
> - here's another case of appendicitis!:
>
> <http://comics.com/drabble/2009-03-13/>

Going back into the earlier strips, I can definitely sympathize with
the IV thing. I apparently have mutant veins, because it took the
admitting nurse several minutes to find a useful vein in my arm, she
finally said "I'm going to go for it, I hope this works!" Apparently
instead of going parallel to the arm, my veins tend to go cross-wise,
which makes the typical IV hard to insert. I also still have some
bruising from where they last took blood from my other arm, because
they came >< that close to being on target.

> Oh, and here's to a good recovery!

"Every day, and in every way, I'm getting better and better!"

Cap.
(... wonder who'll get that quote ...)

Robert Sneddon

Mar 14, 2009, 5:59:50 PM3/14/09
In message <cptnerd-13F87D...@news.giganews.com>, Captain
Nerd <cpt...@nerdwatch.com> writes

> Going back into the earlier strips, I can definitely sympathize with
> the IV thing. I apparently have mutant veins, because it took the
> admitting nurse several minutes to find a useful vein in my arm,

"Try the other arm, it's not artificial."
--
To reply, my gmail address is nojay1 Robert Sneddon