ADV - Any new word? (Providence Anime Conference)

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Oct 6, 2008, 2:06:06 PM10/6/08
I recall ADV was supposed to make annoucements on possible
licensing of Clannad - not to mention word on a new financial backer -
this weekend at the Providence Anime Conference; anyone know the
latest?

Dave Watson

Oct 6, 2008, 4:01:22 PM10/6/08

And we'd prefer the news from people whose voices don't sound like a
skipping CD of a cranky "BUCK-AWK!!!"

Watson.

Bobby Clark

Oct 6, 2008, 4:39:45 PM10/6/08

"Antonio E. Gonzalez" <AntE...@aol.com> wrote in message

That was an ittiy bitty con from the published schedule and dealers room.
One of the panels was "Do Anime Cons Have a Future?" Some of them did look
interesting. Some were "old school" themed. While I am not much in to
anything much older than eva, it would have been worth a few min to check
out. One of the dealer room vendors was one I had purchased from on line,
but have never seen at a major con. Only 13 dealers were listed on the
site. The smallest con I have been to had over 40 dealers. It's strange
that ADV would stage a major announcement there.

Bobby

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Oct 6, 2008, 5:23:45 PM10/6/08

Smallest I was ever at had one dealer.

Smaller is generally better for conventions. Anything over a few
hundred is too big.

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Derek Janssen

Oct 6, 2008, 6:10:43 PM10/6/08
Dave Watson wrote:

Yeah, like people who actually WENT there, and thus don't have to brag
about being Internet gossip-geeks, 'cause, like, he was too *cool* for
them to let him in the door...

Derek Janssen (I coulda gone too, y'know, but I was
like....snowboarding, yeah, that's it!)
eja...@verzion.net

darkst...@gmail.com

Oct 6, 2008, 6:32:45 PM10/6/08

See my other thread...

(Wait, you killfiled me. Thaaaat's riiiight...)

They Neither Confirmed Nor Denied EVERYTHING -- including Clannad.

Methinks they don't have Clannad, they have no new backer, and are
just trying to scam the last vestiges from the consumer economy before
it completely dies out around this Christmas.

Mike