How many rec.arts.anime.misc posters does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Terrence Briggs

Aug 20, 2008, 9:51:07 PM8/20/08
How many rec.arts.anime.misc posters does it take to screw in a light
bulb?

1 to complain that light bulbs are off-topic [raises hand]

3 to attack the self-appointed net cop

1 to bring up the "Tesla v. Edison" debate

3 to propogate the "Tesla v. Edison" debate

1 to ask if the bulb is incandescent or flourescent

1 to demand the incandescent bulb be CFC, thus reducing greenhouse gas
emissions

1 to note that CFCs contain Mercury

8 to propogate a tangential flamewar that includes Al Gore, Nantucket
Sound, and ethanol at some point

2 to get offended at some statement that was made during the
tangential discussions

3 to answer each offense with their own offense

6 to propogate the debate over the offenses

2 to pedantically dissect some statement that was made during the
tangetial discussions

4 to propogate the pedantic dissection

3 to make quips and nonsensical observations of a point that was
raised at some point during the debate

2 to correct the spelling and/or grammar of an earlier statement

2 to note an anime with a really notable bulb-changing sequence

1 to observe that the bulb still hasn't been changed, despite all of
the rancor

2 to remember how much the debate reminds them of a previous debate on
the same topic, in this very discussion group

2 to remind folks that rec.arts.anime.misc isn't a "discussion group"

1 to attempt to answer the original question several days late, thus
getting buried under all of the noise

I lost count at 50, myself. I love y'all anyway.

Terrence Briggs, gave up on his 14-day-old Netflix shipment of Blood,
Tea, and String, and settled for Tekkaman Blade instead.
Peace to you...

Aje RavenStar

Aug 20, 2008, 10:49:45 PM8/20/08

"Terrence Briggs" <mrman1...@lycos.com> wrote in message

> How many rec.arts.anime.misc posters does it take to screw in a light
> bulb?
>
> 1 to complain that light bulbs are off-topic [raises hand]

Well, they are. I've never seen a light bulb over the head of an anime
character. Sweat drops, yes. Nosebleeds for male characters, under eye
reddening for female characters.

So let's just rephrase this a bit. How many otaku does it take to make
Major Kusanagi blush? (hey, I could have invoked Haruhara Haruko).

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Aug 21, 2008, 12:56:20 AM8/21/08

What, no "1" to bring up the evils of Cruchyrolll, how ADV is going
out of buisness (just give 'em time, he swears, he's got insiders!),
and anime is about to collapse?

--

- ReFlex76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Kitsune

Aug 21, 2008, 1:47:08 AM8/21/08
On Aug 20, 8:51 pm, Terrence Briggs <mrman1mrm...@lycos.com> wrote:
> How many rec.arts.anime.misc posters does it take to screw in a light
> bulb?
>
> 1 to demand the incandescent bulb be CFC, thus reducing greenhouse gas
> emissions

A-yup, that'd be me. ^_^ Glad you know us all so well! By the by,
they can be recycled easier now, Home Depot does it for free! *Dodges
what ever is thrown at her.*

Farix

Aug 21, 2008, 8:13:55 AM8/21/08

That's nice, if the nearest Home Depot wasn't 200 miles away.

Farix

Abraham Evangelista

Aug 21, 2008, 8:40:23 AM8/21/08
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:13:55 -0400, Farix <dhstr...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Isn't wallyworld taking them now?
--
Abraham Evangelista

Bill Martin

Aug 21, 2008, 9:24:45 AM8/21/08
On 2008-08-20 20:51:07 -0500, Terrence Briggs <mrman1...@lycos.com> said:

> How many rec.arts.anime.misc posters does it take to screw in a light
> bulb?
>

> 1 to note that CFCs contain Mercury

This one would probably be me. Funny how "going green" can be much
more riskier to your health in the short-term.

selaboc

Aug 21, 2008, 10:31:11 AM8/21/08
On Aug 20, 9:51 pm, Terrence Briggs <mrman1mrm...@lycos.com> wrote:
> How many rec.arts.anime.misc posters does it take to screw in a light
> bulb?
.
.
.

> I lost count at 50, myself.  I love y'all anyway.

You forgot 2 to loudly pronounce how they are putting people in some
of the other categories above into their killfiles.

sanjian

Aug 21, 2008, 1:49:56 PM8/21/08
Terrence Briggs wrote:
> How many rec.arts.anime.misc posters does it take to screw in a light
> bulb?

<snip>

And one to whine about the all the lightbulb posts...

Rob Kelk

Aug 21, 2008, 5:42:26 PM8/21/08
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:24:45 -0500, Bill Martin
<bill_r...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 2008-08-20 20:51:07 -0500, Terrence Briggs <mrman1...@lycos.com> said:
>
>> How many rec.arts.anime.misc posters does it take to screw in a light
>> bulb?
>>
>> 1 to note that CFCs contain Mercury

Really? (walks over to a CFC bulb) Ami, are you in there? (waits)
I'm not getting an answer...

(C'mon, somebody had to put something on-topic into the thread.)

>This one would probably be me. Funny how "going green" can be much
>more riskier to your health in the short-term.

I'd say "try the LED bulbs", but they're barely good enough for
accent/mood lighting.

--
Rob Kelk <http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/> e-mail: s/deadspam/gmail/
"I'm *not* a kid! Nyyyeaaah!" - Skuld (in "Oh My Goddess!" OAV #3)

Galen

Aug 21, 2008, 9:15:54 PM8/21/08
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:42:26 GMT, rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk)
wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:24:45 -0500, Bill Martin
><bill_r...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On 2008-08-20 20:51:07 -0500, Terrence Briggs <mrman1...@lycos.com> said:
>>
>>> How many rec.arts.anime.misc posters does it take to screw in a light
>>> bulb?
>>>
>>> 1 to note that CFCs contain Mercury
>
>Really? (walks over to a CFC bulb) Ami, are you in there? (waits)
>I'm not getting an answer...
>
>(C'mon, somebody had to put something on-topic into the thread.)
>
>>This one would probably be me. Funny how "going green" can be much
>>more riskier to your health in the short-term.
>
>I'd say "try the LED bulbs", but they're barely good enough for
>accent/mood lighting.

I've heard good things about the "$1600 for case of 10
drop in replacement for flourescent" LED bulbs, although
I haven't invested the money to see for myself.
My own studies suggest LED lighting is most effective in
platters, but those are also expensive.

-Galen

sanjian

Aug 22, 2008, 6:35:46 AM8/22/08

Seeing as how my LED flashlights work far better than similar incandescent
lights, I figure it's only a matter of time. When MagLite goes all LED,
then we'll know, for sure, that the LEDvolution is now.