[FLUFF] Challenge cleanup...

Bill Martin

May 27, 2008, 1:19:14 PM5/27/08
Okay, having given everyone AMPLE TIME TO SUBMIT LATE FICS, it's now
time for me to submit the clean-up fic. The easy challenge this year
needs no clean-up, and a quick recorded message with some old-man
make-up will cover the only clean-up for the medium challenge. The
hard challenge, however will require some help...

(Note: Any fics after this are guaranteed omake, and considered to take
place before the clean-up. You've had more than enough time to take
care of this. I've been more than generous.)

It was going to be a long day. I'd already brought out several
technical geniuses, and some people that can become technichal geniuses
(Sometimes, I'm a pan-dimensional lab-rat... ), and the much-needed
Multiverse-Amplification & Diversifying machine was nearing completion.
All I have left to do is to summon the final component, and convince
him to fire off some pure knowledge into the MA&D machine to help cure
the realities of the fic writers that failed, or at least, didn't cure
anyone. I held my breath and keyed in the summoning code for the one
being I hoped would help.

Lights and music filled the hangar, as an outline of a semi truck came
into view. Once the fanfare was over and the being had materialized, a
mechanized sound was made as it changed into a more recognizable robot.
"Greetings," I said, "I hope I haven't caught you at a bad time,
Optimus. I'm facing a rather dangerous predicament and I need your
help. The Hate Plague is spreading throughout the multiverse, and I'll
need you to release some pure knowledge from the Matrix to cure it." I
didn't think robots really had eyebrows, but based on the look Optimus
was giving me, I knew I'd need to explain a whole lot in a short amount
of time.

One week later, the MA&D machine was finished, I'd hooked Optimus up to
the internet, and did my best to explain the situation that had
unfolded. He even told me he'd consulted the Matrix and decided that
as long as the Matrix wasn't fully consumed as it had been in the
cartoon, he was willing to participate. I thanked him, and thought
about Nemesis Prime, an Optimus that had been tortured and broken by
Unicron thanks to an empty Matrix. I most certainly did not want that
to be MY fault.

As the time neared for the MA&D machine to reach 100% amplification
capacity, I looked around for the Medical Tent personnel. Belldandy
and Washuu both assured me that everything was going to be okay, but
the proof is in the pudding, as they say. Optimus Prime opened his
chest, and allowed the Matrix to spring forth. He opened the Matrix
itself and allowed some of the most-treasured pure knowledge in the
universe to flow into the machine. After a minute of this, he closed
it back up, and put it away. The Medical Tent personnel and I ran to
the monitors I had strategically placed, and saw the various
multiverses being swept over by a wave of pure knowledge 100 times more
powerful than what I saw in the cartoon. Shouts of joy erupted from
the monitor room, and I headed back to Optimus.

"Well, I have to thank you, Optimus Prime. You've not only saved this
universe, but countless others. Many will not know the sacrifice you
gave, that all of Cybertron gave to stop a terrible plague. I thank
you, my colleagues thank you, and I promise I shall not need to call on
your services again."
"Actually," Optimus responded, "the only thing really lost was a recipe
for soup that would apparently bring about world peace."
"Huh?" I asked, quizzically.
"Well, when I consulted with the Matrix, I backed up most of the
information I planned to release, minor info that wouldn't be missed if
it dissappeared, but I held the Matrix open a few seconds too long, and
lost a recipe given to Alpha Trion ages ago by someone he can no longer
remember. It had no discernable effect on Alpha Trion, but he filed
its ingredient list in case it could be of use later. I'm now
re-entering the knowledge lost that I'd backed up in my own physical
body, but that soup is no more."
"World peace soup? I guess there are somethings better not knowing
about. Well, anyways, good luck Prime. By the way, when did I pull
you from?"
"I was resting on a shuttle on my way to Earth. With a little luck,
and a little energon we can stop hiding on the Moon Bases and take back
Cybertron."
"Oh crap. This... is bad."
"What do you mean?"
"Well, let's see, fated duel, both fall, you pass the Matrix of
Leadership to someone who is a good soldier, but not a good leader, he
doesn't even take it into his body, just wears it as some bling around
his neck, he dies, gets rebuilt by the Junkicons, meanwhile Megatron
reformatted as Galvatron takes the Matrix to Unicron and gets owned.
Hot Rod takes the Matrix from Galvatron, becomes Rodimus Prime, then
unleashes the Matrix on Unicron, leaving only Unicron's head, yada,
yada."
"Hmm...," Optimus muses, "like you said, there are things better not
knowing about. Any hints on the duel?"
"Nope, just run to Autobot City, smash any and all Decepticons on the
way, but don't waste more than one shot on anyone, keep up your energon
for Megatron. He's the Ric Flair of the Transformers world."

After Optimus left and the Healing Tent crew left, I made my way from
the Hangar to my ride home. I powered down the master device, and
watched in the rear-view mirror as the challenge modifications
disappeared and reality set back in. It was hard finding an abandoned
Hangar that I could hide in for several months, but now that reality
was back in charge, a trespassing arrest was the last thing I needed.
Once I got home, I relaxed and began to plot for the Omake challenge as
well as next year's main challenge...

Bill Martin

May 28, 2008, 3:41:50 PM5/28/08
Woops, forgot to post this to RAAF as well...

darkst...@gmail.com

May 28, 2008, 11:08:40 PM5/28/08
BTW, political differences aside:

I do enjoy the Challenges. (In fact, so much, it's gotten me into one
of the few things I do enjoy about all this, writing FanFiction.)

Mike

Antonio E. Gonzalez

May 29, 2008, 1:41:35 AM5/29/08
On Wed, 28 May 2008 20:08:40 -0700 (PDT), darkst...@gmail.com
wrote:

>BTW, political differences aside:
>
>I do enjoy the Challenges. (In fact, so much, it's gotten me into one
>of the few things I do enjoy about all this, writing FanFiction.)

This makes you less of an asshole . . . how?

--

- ReFlex76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

darkst...@gmail.com

May 29, 2008, 3:45:55 AM5/29/08
On May 28, 10:41 pm, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 May 2008 20:08:40 -0700 (PDT), darkstar7...@gmail.com

> wrote:
>
> >BTW, political differences aside:
>
> >I do enjoy the Challenges.  (In fact, so much, it's gotten me into one
> >of the few things I do enjoy about all this, writing FanFiction.)
>
>    This makes you less of an asshole . . . how?

Who said I did that to be less of an asshole, fucker??

Mike (I did it because I wanted to and ONLY because I wanted to.)