FMA OVA - Chibi Party!

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Sep 29, 2008, 3:04:24 PM9/29/08
A bit spoilerish, basically it's the wrap party after the movie,
with everybody Chibi-fied!:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggXEPdM9ObQ>

Clearly using the original seiyuu, some of the lines and exchanges
are priceless, especially ones between Mustang and Hawkeye!

A lot of cracks at "slashing" by fans, though no mentions of yaoi
parings; love drunk Winry's rant!

1:09 - 1:18 . . . just *what* is going on there?!

I'd love to see Funimation get this (it seems unavailable in
English), and use their resepctive VAs for it; it's too bad Aaron
Dismuke won't be able to do a credible Alphonse anymore, unless he's
willing to take drastic measures (think medieval castratos). Curse
you testosterone/puberty!

--

- ReFlex76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

The Relic

Sep 29, 2008, 3:26:19 PM9/29/08
Antonio E. Gonzalez wrote:
> A bit spoilerish, basically it's the wrap party after the movie,
> with everybody Chibi-fied!:
>
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggXEPdM9ObQ>
>

> Clearly using the original seiyuu, some of the lines and exchanges
> are priceless, especially ones between Mustang and Hawkeye!
>
> A lot of cracks at "slashing" by fans, though no mentions of yaoi
> parings; love drunk Winry's rant!
>
> 1:09 - 1:18 . . . just *what* is going on there?!
>
> I'd love to see Funimation get this (it seems unavailable in
> English), and use their resepctive VAs for it; it's too bad Aaron
> Dismuke won't be able to do a credible Alphonse anymore, unless he's
> willing to take drastic measures (think medieval castratos). Curse
> you testosterone/puberty!

I remember seeing that shortly after the movie hit DVD in Japan.
I enjoyed it, and another that I only recall seeing fansubbed in
Spanish around the same time, showing Ed, Al and Winry as little
kids in modern-day Japan, no powers of course, going to see Ed
Elric on his 100th birthday. Those two I was really hoping would
be on the Funimation movie disc, but oh well...

terry king

Sep 30, 2008, 10:14:00 AM9/30/08
In article <tZ9Ek.2070$c45....@nlpi065.nbdc.sbc.com>,
The Relic <reli...@ameritech.net> wrote:

> Antonio E. Gonzalez wrote:
> > A bit spoilerish, basically it's the wrap party after the movie,
> > with everybody Chibi-fied!:
> >
> > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggXEPdM9ObQ>

[edit]

> I remember seeing that shortly after the movie hit DVD in Japan.
> I enjoyed it, and another that I only recall seeing fansubbed in
> Spanish around the same time, showing Ed, Al and Winry as little
> kids in modern-day Japan, no powers of course, going to see Ed
> Elric on his 100th birthday. Those two I was really hoping would
> be on the Funimation movie disc, but oh well...

There are 3 short OVAs - Chibi, Kids, and the Alchemists vs. Homunculus
mini-story. "Homunculus" unfolds as if the viewer is a freshly hired
alchemist assigned to Mustang's command. Very well done, highly
recommended. "Use your alchemy!" Ah, I grin just remembering it.

I was very disappointed that the three shorts didn't make it to one of
the R1 releases of "Conqueror". /cough/kuroneko/cough/

-------------
The Chief Matron regrets that she is too busily engaged to give any more
voluminous explanations, being at this moment up to her elbows in
gingerbread. - Phoebe Pember, 1864

The Relic

Sep 30, 2008, 2:20:35 PM9/30/08
terry king wrote:
> In article <tZ9Ek.2070$c45....@nlpi065.nbdc.sbc.com>,
> The Relic <reli...@ameritech.net> wrote:
>
>> Antonio E. Gonzalez wrote:
>>> A bit spoilerish, basically it's the wrap party after the movie,
>>> with everybody Chibi-fied!:
>>>
>>> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggXEPdM9ObQ>
>>>
> [edit]
>> I remember seeing that shortly after the movie hit DVD in Japan.
>> I enjoyed it, and another that I only recall seeing fansubbed in
>> Spanish around the same time, showing Ed, Al and Winry as little
>> kids in modern-day Japan, no powers of course, going to see Ed
>> Elric on his 100th birthday. Those two I was really hoping would
>> be on the Funimation movie disc, but oh well...
>
> There are 3 short OVAs - Chibi, Kids, and the Alchemists vs. Homunculus
> mini-story. "Homunculus" unfolds as if the viewer is a freshly hired
> alchemist assigned to Mustang's command. Very well done, highly
> recommended. "Use your alchemy!" Ah, I grin just remembering it.

I've seen that as well...For some reason it reminded me of something
that should have been in a video game (though I had the first one
for the PS2 and currently have the 2nd one, but never saw it in either
one).