(OT) Gun O'Clock lets you give your alarm a violent death

dump...@hotmail.com

Sep 3, 2008, 11:46:22 AM9/3/08
See:

http://dvice.com/archives/2008/09/gun_oclock_lets.php

I wonder how soon we'll be seeing something like that in Anime.

Dave Watson

Sep 3, 2008, 12:04:41 PM9/3/08

They'd need a machine gun version for Phantom Quest Corps and Kanon.

Watson.

darkst...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2008, 1:13:03 PM9/3/08

There could be many uses for that...

One could see an opening sequence of an anime being just that...
Alarm goes off, protagonist shoots the clock...

Mike

The Relic

Sep 3, 2008, 1:23:58 PM9/3/08

Weird...I drew a 7 pager in college (it was a final for one of my
drawing classes) that featured the main character putting slugs
into an animated traditional alarm clock (vampire had to buy
the things wholesale because of his tendency to do that)...
(for the record, I got two A's on the project ^_^).

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Sep 3, 2008, 5:27:52 PM9/3/08

I remember a "baseball alarm" that had to be thrown to turn off,
and then you had to retrieve it turn off the snooze. This is the next
most brilliant idea for an alarm clock I've seen . . .

As for in anime: the "shooting/destroying the alarm clock" thing's
been done to death, so this would be . . . well, I doubt it would have
any effect . . .

--
- ReFlex 76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot
girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between
looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Derek Janssen

Sep 3, 2008, 5:33:36 PM9/3/08
Antonio E. Gonzalez wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 08:46:22 -0700 (PDT), dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
>

>>See:
>>
>>http://dvice.com/archives/2008/09/gun_oclock_lets.php
>>
>>I wonder how soon we'll be seeing something like that in Anime.
>

> As for in anime: the "shooting/destroying the alarm clock" thing's
> been done to death, so this would be . . . well, I doubt it would have
> any effect . . .

My first image on hearing it was Kevin Kline in "Fish Called Wanda".
But I'm not calling it stupid. ^_^

Derek Janssen (who prefers the Pink Panther's idea, of keeping a ready
drawer-supply of alarm clocks, and a ready drawer-supply of large
hammers to smash them with)
eja...@verizon.net

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Sep 3, 2008, 5:39:55 PM9/3/08
Wed, 3 Sep 2008 2:27pm-0700, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com>:

> On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 08:46:22 -0700 (PDT), dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >See:
> >
> >http://dvice.com/archives/2008/09/gun_oclock_lets.php
> >
> >I wonder how soon we'll be seeing something like that in Anime.
>
> I remember a "baseball alarm" that had to be thrown to turn off,
> and then you had to retrieve it turn off the snooze. This is the next
> most brilliant idea for an alarm clock I've seen . . .
>
> As for in anime: the "shooting/destroying the alarm clock" thing's
> been done to death, so this would be . . . well, I doubt it would have
> any effect . . .

There are other alarm clocks that run away from you,
so you'd have to get up and find it just to turn it off. ^_^

Laters. =)

Stan
--
_______ ________ _______ ____ ___ ___ ______ ______
| __|__ __| _ | \ | | | | _____| _____|
| ( _| | http://www.uofr.net/~lostrune/
\ ______| _______ ____ ___
/ \ / \ | _ | \ | |
/ \/ \| _ | |\ |
/___/\/\___|__| |__|___| \ ___|

Aje RavenStar

Sep 3, 2008, 6:45:32 PM9/3/08

"S.t.A.n.L.e.E" <LostRu...@UofR.SlamSpam.net> wrote in message

> Wed, 3 Sep 2008 2:27pm-0700, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com>:
>
>> On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 08:46:22 -0700 (PDT), dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>> >See:
>> >
>> >http://dvice.com/archives/2008/09/gun_oclock_lets.php
>> >
>> >I wonder how soon we'll be seeing something like that in Anime.
>>
>> I remember a "baseball alarm" that had to be thrown to turn off,
>> and then you had to retrieve it turn off the snooze. This is the next
>> most brilliant idea for an alarm clock I've seen . . .
>>
>> As for in anime: the "shooting/destroying the alarm clock" thing's
>> been done to death, so this would be . . . well, I doubt it would have
>> any effect . . .
>>

> There are other alarm clocks that run away from you,
> so you'd have to get up and find it just to turn it off. ^_^

They better run. It's one of the family sayings in this house that the two
biggest liars in any household are 2) the bathroom scale and 1) the alarm
clock. Both should die, in ways Light Y would love to crib for his little
notebook.

sanjian

Sep 6, 2008, 6:58:11 AM9/6/08

Guns don't kill sleepers; dreamscapers do.