[STRIPS] Megatokyo - "It's not acceptable!"

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Oct 17, 2008, 2:08:39 AM10/17/08
Sooo . . . any guesses as to what makes Largo's suggestion so
offensive that it not only garners such a reaction, but pixelation?!:

<http://www.megatokyo.com/strip/1164>

--

- ReFlex76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

DBBrandell

Oct 17, 2008, 2:02:38 PM10/17/08
Antonio E. Gonzalez wrote:
> Sooo . . . any guesses as to what makes Largo's suggestion so
> offensive that it not only garners such a reaction, but pixelation?!:
>
> <http://www.megatokyo.com/strip/1164>

Maybe he's asking for advice about his "T3h awkward" ( malfunction? )
problem that he had when he was with Erika, and that he talked to Piro
about the next morning. Whatever it was, it was deeply embarrassing to
Largo, so it could be just as bad to a student. Although it could have
been sneezing in Erika's face, for all we know. :) :(

It was a long while back in the strip, ( like, May of 2007 ), but in
strip time, I think it has only been a few days.

www.megatokyo.com/strip/997

"game over?"

DBB

Aje RavenStar

Oct 19, 2008, 8:28:07 AM10/19/08

"DBBrandell" <NoSuc...@NoSuchAccount.net> wrote in message

You're both overlooking a couple of things, as was I until the subconscious
kicked in and brought it to my attention.

First - "You are a proven and knowledgeable source of data on related
subjects," Largo says. In his view, therefore, Piro isn't or Largo would
have gone to him like he went to him about 'th3 4wk4rd'. So that indicates
it isn't related to the horizontal bop, directly.

Second - Ping is a non-hentai prototype model. She's even attacked Largo
(and even Piro?) for just being in eyesight in their underwear, her
programming is that strict. Ping saw the screen clearly, and responded by
apologizing for him instead of going into attack mode. So while the text
(I'm certain isn't not an image) on that phone screen is something
potentially embarrassing and reveals a weak spot in Largo's knowledge, it's
not directly related to sex.

Fred is pulling his readers' chains (and doing a splendid job of it, playing
on people's tendency to think the worse), while keeping his strip as clean
as usual.

sanjian

Oct 19, 2008, 11:38:44 AM10/19/08

"Aje RavenStar" <whine...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> First - "You are a proven and knowledgeable source of data on related
> subjects," Largo says. In his view, therefore, Piro isn't or Largo would
> have gone to him like he went to him about 'th3 4wk4rd'. So that
> indicates it isn't related to the horizontal bop, directly.
>
> Second - Ping is a non-hentai prototype model. She's even attacked Largo
> (and even Piro?) for just being in eyesight in their underwear, her
> programming is that strict. Ping saw the screen clearly, and responded
> by apologizing for him instead of going into attack mode. So while the
> text (I'm certain isn't not an image) on that phone screen is something
> potentially embarrassing and reveals a weak spot in Largo's knowledge,
> it's not directly related to sex.

Remember that Ping is now a broken model, though. And she's has a timer on
her embarassment algorithms.

Bill Martin

Oct 19, 2008, 8:07:01 PM10/19/08

And I have a hard time telling Great Teacher Largo's students apart, so
does anyone remember what this particular student said when he asked
what their strengths are?

Aje RavenStar

Oct 19, 2008, 8:28:18 PM10/19/08

"Bill Martin" <bill_r...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Oh, yeah - http://www.megatokyo.com/strip/574

I think Junko is one of the few students Largo really respects, and she's
earned it. I also suspect being respected is something new to her (but
isn't that what Japanese teachers are for? - I got a feeling GT Largo isn't
going to put up with the way her dad taps her for gambling money, and that's
going to be one of the themes of the next bit - now that he doesn't have the
evil one to deal with directly for awhile).

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Oct 20, 2008, 12:31:49 PM10/20/08
On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 07:28:07 -0500, "Aje RavenStar"
<whine...@comcast.net> wrote:

>"DBBrandell" <NoSuc...@NoSuchAccount.net> wrote in message
>> Antonio E. Gonzalez wrote:
>>> Sooo . . . any guesses as to what makes Largo's suggestion so
>>> offensive that it not only garners such a reaction, but pixelation?!:
>>>
>>> <http://www.megatokyo.com/strip/1164>
>>

>> Maybe he's asking for advice about his "T3h awkward" ( malfunction? )
>> problem that he had when he was with Erika, and that he talked to Piro
>> about the next morning. Whatever it was, it was deeply embarrassing to
>> Largo, so it could be just as bad to a student. Although it could have
>> been sneezing in Erika's face, for all we know. :) :(
>>
>> It was a long while back in the strip, ( like, May of 2007 ), but in
>> strip time, I think it has only been a few days.
>>
>> www.megatokyo.com/strip/997
>>
>> "game over?"
>>
>> DBB
>
>You're both overlooking a couple of things, as was I until the subconscious
>kicked in and brought it to my attention.
>
>First - "You are a proven and knowledgeable source of data on related
>subjects," Largo says. In his view, therefore, Piro isn't or Largo would
>have gone to him like he went to him about 'th3 4wk4rd'. So that indicates
>it isn't related to the horizontal bop, directly.

Her face turned red, her eyes bulged out; I have a hard time
thinking of something *other* than "the horizontal bop" that would
lead to such a reaction from Junko! Certainly considering the kinds
of things Largo would ask for help over, and Junko's "skillz"
(mentioned later in this thread) . . .

>Second - Ping is a non-hentai prototype model. She's even attacked Largo
>(and even Piro?) for just being in eyesight in their underwear, her
>programming is that strict. Ping saw the screen clearly, and responded by
>apologizing for him instead of going into attack mode. So while the text
>(I'm certain isn't not an image) on that phone screen is something
>potentially embarrassing and reveals a weak spot in Largo's knowledge, it's
>not directly related to sex.

As has been mentioned, she's now "broken" . . .

>Fred is pulling his readers' chains (and doing a splendid job of it, playing
>on people's tendency to think the worse), while keeping his strip as clean
>as usual.

He may not be up to the reader manipulation level of David Willis, T
Campbell, or Maritza Campos, but I'll give that much!