Code Geass R2 on AS . . .

1 view

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Nov 2, 2008, 12:18:56 PM11/2/08
All I'll say, is they had to wait months for the continuation of
last weeks cliffhanger; we just had to wait seven days. Either way,
I'm sure both audiences came off equally confused!

Doug Jacobs

Nov 3, 2008, 12:39:08 PM11/3/08

Did it air this past Saturday? Daylight savings ended, and confused my
DVR.

If I missed it, please spoil me!

--
It's not broken. It's...advanced.

don

Nov 3, 2008, 1:25:31 PM11/3/08

My DVR also missed it. Was there a new episode Nov. 1?

Don C.

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Nov 3, 2008, 4:02:21 PM11/3/08
Mon, 3 Nov 2008 10:25am-0800, don <don_p...@yahoo.com>:

The first ep of R2 is being streamed on AdultSwim.com
so I'm guessing there was.

BTW, "Adult Swim Moves Code Geass R2 TV Series to 2 a.m."

<http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-11-03/adult-swim-moves-code-geass-r2-tv-series-to-2-a.m>

Laters. =)

STan
--
_______ ________ _______ ____ ___ ___ ______ ______
| __|__ __| _ | \ | | | | _____| _____|
| ( _| | http://www.uofr.net/~lostrune/
\ ______| _______ ____ ___
/ \ / \ | _ | \ | |
/ \/ \| _ | |\ |
/___/\/\___|__| |__|___| \ ___|

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Nov 3, 2008, 4:45:15 PM11/3/08

It's being streamed on Adultswim.com, like all the other Code Geass
episodes; check it out there!

DBBrandell

Nov 3, 2008, 6:08:54 PM11/3/08
S.t.A.n.L.e.E wrote:
> Mon, 3 Nov 2008 10:25am-0800, don <don_p...@yahoo.com>:
>
>> On Nov 2, 11:18 am, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:

>>> All I'll say, is they had to wait months for the continuation of
>>> last weeks cliffhanger; we just had to wait seven days. Either way,
>>> I'm sure both audiences came off equally confused!

>> My DVR also missed it. Was there a new episode Nov. 1?
>>

> The first ep of R2 is being streamed on AdultSwim.com
> so I'm guessing there was.
>
> BTW, "Adult Swim Moves Code Geass R2 TV Series to 2 a.m."
>
> <http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-11-03/adult-swim-moves-code-geass-r2-tv-series-to-2-a.m>

Good news, tho' this is according to Bandai Entertainment. I'll be
happier when AS confirms it on their schedule servlet.

Moribito may be going into re-runs, by the way. :( That's according to
the current schedule; that could change any time now, to reflect the
Code Geass news, which is 3 hours old right now.

DBB

Doug Jacobs

Nov 4, 2008, 6:21:33 PM11/4/08
Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> wrote:

> It's being streamed on Adultswim.com, like all the other Code Geass
> episodes; check it out there!

Ah. Thanks for the tip!

Doug Jacobs

Nov 4, 2008, 6:23:45 PM11/4/08
DBBrandell <NoSuc...@nosuchaccount.net> wrote:
> Moribito may be going into re-runs, by the way. :( That's according to
> the current schedule; that could change any time now, to reflect the
> Code Geass news, which is 3 hours old right now.

Reruns?!? They've aired what, 6 episodes? Is this some sort of OAV series
or something? Or are the translators as slow as the plot?

(hey, I like the show, but you gotta admit it's pretty slow moving.)

DBBrandell

Nov 4, 2008, 10:36:13 PM11/4/08
Doug Jacobs wrote:
> DBBrandell <NoSuc...@nosuchaccount.net> wrote:
>> Moribito may be going into re-runs, by the way. :( That's according to
>> the current schedule; that could change any time now, to reflect the
>> Code Geass news, which is 3 hours old right now.
>
> Reruns?!? They've aired what, 6 episodes? Is this some sort of OAV series
> or something? Or are the translators as slow as the plot?

10 episodes, according to the AS website schedule chart. Which was last
updated in September, btw.

> (hey, I like the show, but you gotta admit it's pretty slow moving.)

Me like the show too, but yeah, it's not a rip snorter. It's ...
different. Like a pastoral adventure show, if that makes sense.

Hopefully, it won't be like .hack/roots; I wound up Netflix'n that to
see the second half of the shows.

DBB

DBBrandell

Nov 5, 2008, 2:28:05 PM11/5/08
DBBrandell wrote:
> S.t.A.n.L.e.E wrote:

>>> My DVR also missed it. Was there a new episode Nov. 1?
>>>

>> The first ep of R2 is being streamed on AdultSwim.com
>> so I'm guessing there was.
>>
>> BTW, "Adult Swim Moves Code Geass R2 TV Series to 2 a.m."
>>
>> <http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-11-03/adult-swim-moves-code-geass-r2-tv-series-to-2-a.m>
>

> Good news, tho' this is according to Bandai Entertainment. I'll be
> happier when AS confirms it on their schedule servlet.

Ok, AS schedule servlet confirms the Code Geass move to 2AM, with the ep
being "Day a Demon Awakens." Which is the same ep being streamed.

And Moribito moves to 1:30AM, starting re-runs with ep 1.

Looks like some major re-shuffling of all Saturday/Sunday as well. More
in another thread.

Schedule servlet doo-hickey's address, requires java script for the page.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/5zxhyq

http://tinyurl.com/5zxhyq

http://schedule.adultswim.com/servlet/ScheduleServlet?action=AS&theDate=11/8/08&timeZone=EST

DBB

Message has been deleted

terry king

Nov 6, 2008, 9:48:03 AM11/6/08
In article <MLSdnXwBw6ccRI3U...@posted.rawbandwidth>,
Doug Jacobs <dja...@shell.rawbw.com> wrote:

> DBBrandell <NoSuc...@nosuchaccount.net> wrote:
> > Moribito may be going into re-runs, by the way. :( That's according to
> > the current schedule; that could change any time now, to reflect the
> > Code Geass news, which is 3 hours old right now.
>
> Reruns?!? They've aired what, 6 episodes? Is this some sort of OAV series
> or something? Or are the translators as slow as the plot?

The first R1 releases were due this week (though they're all "on order"
at my usual sources), and Media Blasters may be looking to sell more
DVDs by dangling the show in front of viewers again. Not that I mind.
I'll be watching it again while waiting for my DVDs to arrive.

I do wonder what it took to persuade Adult Swim to change the schedule,
seeing as [as] all but beat the show with a shovel in that 5:30
timeslot. The bump announcing the schedule change
(http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/1153) was titled "Stand by for change
you can't believe in". While I'd like to think it was an election snap,
it could just as well foreshadow another shakeup when the meds wear off.
'Cuz they're wild and wacky folk at [as].

Spontaneity and whim are the order of the day. - Tom Stoppard

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Nov 6, 2008, 1:42:22 PM11/6/08
Thu, 6 Nov 2008 9:48am-0500, terry king <prea...@mit.SP4MSP4MSP4M.edu>:

There's a website that archives [as]'s bumps?
Not even anime has that. ^_^

Laters. =)

Stan