Bleach - When Orihime met Rangiku

John Brewer

Sep 1, 2008, 9:43:38 PM9/1/08
During the week before their return to the living world from the Soul
Society, someone got the idea to have Orihime stand next to Rangiku and
everyone would debate whether they looked looked like mother & daughter
or older & younger sister. When the two introduced themselved to
eachother, Orihime noticed something...

"Your name is Matsumoto?! My Great-grandmother's maiden name was
Matsumoto! In fact, I'm named for her!"

"Your Great-grandmother was named Orihime Matsumoto?!"

And that's when Rangiku remembered the last moments of her life in the
living world - Pinned under burning timbers, she reached desperately for
the crying baby mear feet out arm's length. And as more burning timbers
fell between them, the crying baby disappeared behind the flames - and
memories end.

"So...She did survive the fire."

And with tears welling in her eyes, Rangiku took Orihime gently in her
arms...

"Orihime...My darling little Orihime...I am your
Great-great-grandmother!"

And they embrace.

Dave Watson

Sep 1, 2008, 10:08:47 PM9/1/08

I can't resist...

GGGILF! GGGILF!

Watson
Who put up a wallpaper of Orihime on his computer to remind him to get
cracking on a Being Upfront entry from Bleach. Now, he just has to
actually listen to the reminder.

Message has been deleted

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Sep 2, 2008, 6:06:54 PM9/2/08
On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 13:32:02 -0500, Justin <nos...@insightbb.com>
wrote:

>John Brewer wrote on [Mon, 1 Sep 2008 18:43:38 -0700]:
>> During the week before their return to the living world from the Soul
>> Society, someone got the idea to have Orihime stand next to Rangiku and
>> everyone would debate whether they looked looked like mother & daughter
>> or older & younger sister. When the two introduced themselved to
>> eachother, Orihime noticed something...
>>
>> "Your name is Matsumoto?! My Great-grandmother's maiden name was
>> Matsumoto! In fact, I'm named for her!"
>

>What episode was this? Or was it manga only?

Sounds a bit fanfic-y; though, if legit, this explains why Soul
Society looks like it does, and confirms that a US version would look
like the Old West, or perhaps a Guilded Age New York, or even the
Antebellum South . . .

--
- ReFlex 76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot
girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between
looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

John Brewer

Sep 2, 2008, 8:52:05 PM9/2/08
Yes, it is fanfic. I thought two slightly-scatterbrained Japanese
strawberry-blondes with racks-for-days should be related to eachother.
And I wanted Orihime to have family again. Rangiku as her sexy
Great-great-grandmother!