Who's the Big Texas Daddy? (remember?)

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Jun 14, 2008, 7:19:17 PM6/14/08
A few years ago I asked who the big Texas anime company was . . .
ADV or Funimation? Just by sheer title releases, it was ADV back
then. Though they have cut back on licensing, and Funimation has used
diversification in titles to gain a considerable hold, it seems ADV's
position to get the Evangelion movies may still give them the edge.
It seems this year's AX might have a big announcement! Not that
Funimation doesn't still have a chance . . .

--

- ReFlex76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2008, 8:39:00 PM6/14/08
On Jun 14, 4:19 pm, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:
>     A few years ago I asked who the big Texas anime company was . . .
> ADV or Funimation?  Just by sheer title releases, it was ADV back
> then.  Though they have cut back on licensing, and Funimation has used
> diversification in titles to gain a considerable hold, it seems ADV's
> position to get the Evangelion movies may still give them the edge.
> It seems this year's AX might have a big announcement!  Not that
> Funimation doesn't still have a chance . . .

Actually, I think it's been decided, to the point that the rumored
huge announcement might well be that even Texas won't be big enough
for two anime companies anymore.

Someone had to come in and prop ADV up enough to get even what
licenses they could get back back...

Mike