EVA 2.0 - We Have a Name . . .

1 view

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Apr 18, 2009, 12:37:52 AM4/18/09
"Mistery Glasses" girl from the Eva 2.0 previews officially has a
name: Mari Illustrious. Also, more on Asuka's slight name change . .
.:

<http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-04-17/maaya-sakamoto-to-play-new-character-in-eva/2.0-film>

<http://preview.tinyurl.com/dhb2yy>

Oh yeah, the latest teaser/trailer:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KT0QaOkCdg>

This just gets more and more interesting . . .

--

- ReFlex76

The Relic

Apr 18, 2009, 1:28:42 AM4/18/09

I read that earlier today, and I am curious as to why the name change
for Asuka (I don't think it would have anything to do with the Soryu
being one of the AC that hit Pearl Harbor...after all this time, that
would be pointless, and no-one over here would probably care about
it).

Am curious why, though (I re-watched the entire series over 3 days
last week...eyes having Dreamcast spirals ^_^).

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Apr 18, 2009, 8:52:48 AM4/18/09

The only way Eva's going to get interesting is if Shinji gets replaced
by, oh, Ranma, as suggested elsewhere, or maybe better yet by Justy
Tylor or, if I'm feeling cruel, Naruto.

"I'll see your 'Angel' and raise you five tails!"

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Phillip Thorne

Apr 18, 2009, 1:45:07 PM4/18/09
Antonio E. Gonzalez wrote:
>> "Mistery Glasses" girl from the Eva 2.0 previews officially has a
>> name: Mari Illustrious. Also, more on Asuka's slight name change . .

"Makinami Mari Illustrious," specifically. Is Makinami her surname? I
can't tell whether Anime News Network uses native-order or
anglicized-order. If everyone would just adopt the standard of the
_CIA World Factbook_ and capitalize surnames (MAKINAMI Mari
Illustrious, George H.W. BUSH), it would be so much easier. :)

>> <http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-04-17/maaya-sakamoto-to-play-new-character-in-eva/2.0-film>

>> Oh yeah, the latest teaser/trailer:
>> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KT0QaOkCdg>
>> This just gets more and more interesting . . .

Interesting that half of the trailer is miscellaneous pics of civil
engineering, yes. In this late era I'm not sure it's possible for a
trailer to spoil EVA -- although Anno's been remixing the plot in
REBUILD -- but they've specifically avoided doing so.

(So does this count as a "teaser trailer" or a "story trailer," or
something else?)

We do get some hints about new extra aesthetics-fx for the angels; as
with Ramiel in 1.0, who now extrudes polytropes from hyperspace
(apparently) instead of maintaining a staid and static octahedral
form.

Are the big shiny semicylindrical towers on circular bases heliostats
to feed light into the geo-front? It's never mentioned in the TV
series, but that's what I suspect now.

Looks like the premiere date is still June 27, and *something* costs
1,300 yen. (The native Japanese symbol for "en" -- the "y" was added
by Portuguese traders, centuries ago -- isn't a double-crossbarred-Y,
it's more like two flags kissing.) Is it Japanese practice to put
ticket prices in the trailer?

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"
<sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> disagreed:

> The only way Eva's going to get interesting is if Shinji gets replaced
>by, oh, Ranma, as suggested elsewhere, or maybe better yet by Justy
>Tylor or, if I'm feeling cruel, Naruto.

You personally don't like it and you think it's overrated. We *get
it*, Wasp. You don't need to register your disapproval every time the
franchise is mentioned.

Me, I'm still trying to decide if it's logical to take second trip to
Japan while this film is in theaters (airfares? weather?), or if I
should direct my vacation budget to places where and while the deals
are good, like Hawaii.

--
** Phillip Thorne ** peth...@comcast.net **************
* RPI CompSci 1998 *

Arnold Kim

Apr 21, 2009, 11:53:33 PM4/21/09

Any word on when this will be officially released in the US?

Arnold Kim

Phillip Thorne

Apr 22, 2009, 10:19:45 PM4/22/09
On Tue, 21 Apr 2009, "Arnold Kim" <arno...@optonline.net> asked:

>Any word on when this will be officially released in the US?

After cursory checking, my guess is: no word yet. FUNimation only
licensed 1.0 (the first of four planned movies) in December 2008 (16
months after its theatrical release in Japan), and since it's not on
shelves yet (*), they don't have any sales figures to encourage
licensing the subsequent chapters.

<http://www.funimation.com/evangelion/>

I suppose they may have made a multi-film, multi-year deal up front,
but I'm not privy to the contract details.

(*) But maybe in Europe: There's concern voiced in the forum that the
R2 German DVD had brightness problems, and the fan hopes that's fixed
in R1.

<http://community.funimation.com/tm.aspx?m=99085>