[Fluff] Really Bad Crossover Ideas

Rob Kelk

Jul 26, 2008, 2:41:22 PM7/26/08
(Just because we haven't has a fluff thread for a while...)

Cross two (or more) anime, or an anime and another work of fiction, and
give the result a sketch or a one-line description. The worse (as in
"makes people groan") the result, the better.

Here'a a few examples to get things going.

Fanart (not mine):

http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=luckystrikersyr8.jpg

http://shanachan.konosutekinabasho.net/xo/src/1177257803829.jpg

Writeups:

Yumi Fukuzawa has just transfered to Innsmouth Catholic Girls School.
How long will it be until she's inducted into the secret society?
"Cthulhu-sama ga Miteru"

They were sent to investigate reports of a green monster. Now half of
Boston is gone, but it's Not Their Fault!
"Lovely Angels in the Outfield"

While trying to get into Tokyo University, young Urashima Kyon is
haunted by the memory of a promise he made... to a girl from the future.
"Love Asahina"

Space: the final frontier. But before doing anything else, the crew
discusses eating chocolate coronets. At length.
"Lucky Star Trek"

She didn't get into college... and now somebody's making her life a
living hell.
"Daphne in the Perfect Blue"

In Manhattan, "angels" take over children, until only your character is
left to save the day...
"Parasite EVA"

--
Rob Kelk Personal address (ROT-13): eboxryx -ng- tznvy -qbg- pbz
"As far as Doug is concerned, "dignity" is just a tragic disease that

Aje RavenStar

Jul 26, 2008, 5:21:50 PM7/26/08

"Rob Kelk" <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote in message

> (Just because we haven't has a fluff thread for a while...)
>
> Cross two (or more) anime, or an anime and another work of fiction, and
> give the result a sketch or a one-line description. The worse (as in
> "makes people groan") the result, the better.
>
> Here'a a few examples to get things going.
>

> Fanart (not mine):
>
> http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=luckystrikersyr8.jpg
>
> http://shanachan.konosutekinabasho.net/xo/src/1177257803829.jpg
>

> Writeups:
>
> Yumi Fukuzawa has just transfered to Innsmouth Catholic Girls School.
> How long will it be until she's inducted into the secret society?
> "Cthulhu-sama ga Miteru"
>
> They were sent to investigate reports of a green monster. Now half of
> Boston is gone, but it's Not Their Fault!
> "Lovely Angels in the Outfield"
>
> While trying to get into Tokyo University, young Urashima Kyon is
> haunted by the memory of a promise he made... to a girl from the future.
> "Love Asahina"
>
> Space: the final frontier. But before doing anything else, the crew
> discusses eating chocolate coronets. At length.
> "Lucky Star Trek"

Actually, this reminded me of a Star Trek episode where the Enterprise took
on a coronet shaped entity - only it did the eating...
http://www.daviddarling.info/images/Doomsday_Machine.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doomsday_Machine_%28Star_Trek%29

Ok, I'll play a few

Read or Designing Women - Hong Kong's Paper Sisters and crew are hired to
renovate the time-faded main branch of the British Library.

Death Nodame Cantabile - After the infamous Light Yagami incident focused
too much attention on shinigami activity in the mortal realm, the rules for
operation of death notes received a major overhaul. Will aspiring conductor
Chiaki ever be able to pull a proper performance out of the ragtag bunch of
players he's had imposed on him to get the volume he's been assigned to
charge up to strength, or will he spend his years rehearsing them endlessly?

Saber Marionette J to xxxHolic - Sorry, but Canada is not far enough away.
If I put down any of the notions I had for this one, you would finally come
here and hunt me down.

David Johnston

Jul 26, 2008, 8:22:39 PM7/26/08
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 18:41:22 GMT, rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk)
wrote:

I understand Sailor Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Rob Kelk

Jul 26, 2008, 10:29:47 PM7/26/08
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 16:21:50 -0500, "Aje RavenStar"
<whine...@comcast.net> wrote:

<snip>

>Saber Marionette J to xxxHolic - Sorry, but Canada is not far enough away.
>If I put down any of the notions I had for this one, you would finally come
>here and hunt me down.

Awwww...

Okay, here's another:

xXxHolic: Xander Cage vs. Yūko Ichihara. Needless to say, the "mere"
human gets his head handed to him, and Watanuki gets an assistant...

--
Rob Kelk <http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/> e-mail: s/deadspam/gmail/
"I'm *not* a kid! Nyyyeaaah!" - Skuld (in "Oh My Goddess!" OAV #3)

Aje RavenStar

Jul 26, 2008, 11:37:40 PM7/26/08

> On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 16:21:50 -0500, "Aje RavenStar"
> <whine...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>Saber Marionette J to xxxHolic - Sorry, but Canada is not far enough away.
>>If I put down any of the notions I had for this one, you would finally
>>come
>>here and hunt me down.
>
> Awwww...

Ok, ok, one. As is hitsuzen, Maru and Moro become too weak to maintain
Yuko's shop. Yuko, prepared, binds the shop and important individuals to
equivalents in a nearby universe until the two recharge, concealing the fact
from everyone else. The Joro-gumo, however, sensing another chance for
mischief, returns his eye back to Watanuki right beforehand, so he alone of
those involved can see that he is now someone known as Otaru. Himawari is
now an android known as Lime, Kohane one known as Cherry, and
Zashiki-warashi one called Bloodberry; the three of them forming a team with
Otaru as the center and mutual obsession. Domeki is now an Otaku-obsessed
nuisance by name of Hanagata. There's a group called the Saber Dolls that
Watanuki suspect may be the Ame-warashi and the Tengu group, but Yuko is now
a woman in suspended animation called Lorelei and not available to guide or
advise him. Yuko's original plan was to inhabit Shogun Ieyasu with Monoka
as second in command Hikosagoemon, but hitsuzen had the crisis come after
his assassination. Where Monoka is exactly is uncertain, and pondering it
gives Watanuki even bigger headaches than the need to fend off Hanagata.

8-Bit Star

Jul 27, 2008, 12:54:54 AM7/27/08

A group of heroic individuals defeat ghosts and recover magical,
wish-granting artifacts using their magnificent Chi powers!
"The Real Ghostbusterball Z"
aka
"Yuyu Hakusho"

Warewolf

Jul 27, 2008, 1:11:51 AM7/27/08
I'm not too sure if I can come up with 'bad ideas' since the source
materials that I derive some of them from usually have some semblence of
'entertainment value'.

Still, here are my 'pot-shots' 9_9

[Cyborg XJ-9]

A teenage superhero named Jenny manages to balance keeping the Earth safe
from invasion and having a semi-normal social life at Tremerton High
School but is there more to her mother (and her 'programming') than meets
the eye?

[Getter Robocop]

After several 'near-captures' by scientist Dr. Erick Hunter, a group of
mouse-tailed humanoids develop their own super-weapons (that combine into
a gigantic robot) to thwart his plans. Can they deter Hunter and his
partner or will a 'mole' in the organization ensure their
destruction/capture?

[.HackMaster]

A group of adventurers (two mages, a dwarf, a female barbarian) is on a
quest to save Garweese Wurld from the evil sorceror, Baffelton, but when
they (eventually) discover the 'truth' about Garweeze, will its
liberation require a trip to the legendary (and brutal) 'Ree-uhl Wurld'?

[Rockman Rule]

In this musical fantasy, an 'amnesiac' robot and his bandmates ('Soul'
Roll, Z3-R0; a 'cybermutant' named Li-Z) are on their way to the big time
via an upcoming 'Battle of the Bands' but their rival, Mok the (self-
proclaimed) Robot King has other plans...the aquisition of ultimate power
at the cost of the world.

Will the band discover their original purpose and abilties in time?

[The Adventures of Fido and Tokyo Mew Mew]

After awakening in a desolate genetics lab, a group of mutant girls and a
normal fawn pug travel the country trying to find their scientist
'father' and 'mother'.

When they finally find their 'family', they discover their true
purpose... (trust me, the ending ain't pretty)

[Li, Lo and Stitch]

Two young firebenders meet and befriend an (at-first) unfriendly alien.

'Nuff said. ~_^

[Downtown Monogatari]

Based on the stories of real people, it's a documentary/reality show
following the lives of six wildly different 'friends' in a 'familiar'
metropolitian area. (Note: may or may not include evil computers, alien
invasions and latent/awakened superpowers) ~_^

[King of Fighting Street '89]

SNK vs Capcom: the (old school) anime. 'Nuff Said. ^_^;

[I Dream of the Genie Family]

A literal harem comedy featuring a variety of wish-granting spirits.

Includes an intro by 'America' (You can do magic, slightly modified)

[Detective Conan the Barbarian]

Don't even ask. 9_9

I may post other examples like 'Takahashi's Demon Castle', 'Please Save
My Rayearth' and 'Jet Set Radio Futurama' but, if their descriptions
prove as imaginative as these examples, I may well fail in this 'evil
plan'.

Let's see how everything goes.

Signed,
Warewolf
who was a little surprised that Fred Flintstone was left out of a certain
'Cave Story'. ~_^

DBBrandell

Jul 27, 2008, 1:51:27 AM7/27/08

Which goes really well with the pic of Sailor Sir Integra Hellsing. :)

DBB

Warewolf

Jul 27, 2008, 2:07:49 PM7/27/08
What can I say? I had fun last night. (with the list, wiseguy) }:^)

[Midori Daria]

A cosmic glitch causes the citizens of Lawndale to develop bizarre limb
replacements. Can they adapt or is there promise of a cure?

[Code Geese]

Thanks to the 'Avatar' and his forces, Japan has been conquered and
renamed 'Area 11' of Lord British's empire but, in small parts of the
area once known as Southtown, a small group of popular 'street fighters'
seeks to liberate Japan...right after one of them gains information from
a certain traitorous police commissioner...

Mr. Howard: I am not the Duck King.

[Toonime.EXE]

It's your typical 'girl-gets-trapped-in-a-cartoon-world-and-tries-to-get-
home-only-to-find-out-it's-in-chaos' tale...gone digital.

See her face giant robots, crush giant bugs, play shadow games...and lose
faith in herself.

[Keen Gear XXX]

A former scientist's daughter is plunged into the adventure of a lifetime
when she finds a magical artifact in her backyard and discovers that
there is plenty more where they came from.

Follow teenage 'troublemaker', Gosalyn Mallard, as she attempts to
collect and analyse these ancient treasures...and her superhero father as
he tries to save the world once more.

In other words, it's a typical day at work for 'Dark Wing'.

[DaiClone High]

Life, death, romance and betrayal...with giant robots.

Did we mention that it's all part of a twisted science experiment?

Oh, you weren't supposed to know that. Carry on.

[Double Dragon Quest]

Two brothers fight to save their kidnapped girlfriend from a rival street
gang known as the Shadow Warriors. However, as time goes on (and they
'level up'), they discover there is more to the Warriors, the 'Double
Dragon' and Marion than they realized.

[Pinky and the Brain Powerd]

Lab mouse: Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight.

Antibody: The same thing we do every night, Pinky. Stop Orphan from
destroying the world!! (To the fourth wall) Oh, come on, I want to
conquer it myself. Is that so bad?

Pinky: Egad, Brain, brilliant!

*The lab mouse's clapping and dancing*
*threatens to shake the Antibody apart*
*It thumps its chest*

Antibody: Be quiet, Pinky, or I shall have to hurt you.

Pinky: Eep, sorry Brain.

[Ninja Skrull]

In feudal Japan, a ninja vagabond defeats several demon warriors only to
discover that he is a (disguised) soldier of alien origin. Will he
follow his original orders or follow his 'human' heart?

[Cat's Eye and Luk]

An anthropomorphic rabbit enters a familiar cafe and hires three of
Tokyo's greatest cat burglars to find a mystical artifact and save
Africa.

Trouble is, the jewel-encrusted weapon is part of Heinz's collection.

Can they bring themselves to return it to its hiding place once the
threat is defeated?

[Leather Goddesses of Phobos]

What can I say? Chicks dig fighting robots.

Again, there are plenty of other ideas that I could post but I'm not sure
if I should 'dominate' this thread.

Let me know what you think of these ones and, by all means, don't be
afraid to post your own.

Have fun, everyone.

Signed,
Warewolf
who probably should have named the fourth 'Rockman Rule' band member,
'CB'

(Riding BeanBean? Maybe not.) ^_^;;

DBBrandell

Jul 27, 2008, 3:27:13 PM7/27/08
Rob Kelk wrote:
> (Just because we haven't has a fluff thread for a while...)
>
> Cross two (or more) anime, or an anime and another work of fiction, and
> give the result a sketch or a one-line description. The worse (as in
> "makes people groan") the result, the better.
>
> Here'a a few examples to get things going.
>

> Fanart (not mine):
>
> http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=luckystrikersyr8.jpg
>
> http://shanachan.konosutekinabasho.net/xo/src/1177257803829.jpg
>

> Writeups:

Ghost in the Nuku Nuku Shell

When Major Motoko Kusanagi tries to go undercover at an Anna Miller's
cafe by hacking into one of its waitress robots, she accidentally cross
connects her determinedly no-nonsense cyberbrain with the relentlessly
cheerful happy-go-lucky cat brain of androbot Nuku Nuku. Until she can
fix it, to keep from blowing her investigation she has to play Nuku
Nuku's role of a sweet giggly waitress, happily serving patrons and
Nuku's fans who like photo-ops, hugs, and her signature greeting bow,
tolerating the harassment of her Office Warrior Ladies co-workers, all
without giving in to the temptation to kill them all.

Meanwhile, Public Security Section Nine has to deal with with Motoko's
cyberbody jumping up, smiling, laughing, and chasing mice on all fours,
which they know isn't right, 'cause this ain't the manga. Humorous
complications ensue.

There was a link posted here in raam, to a clip of Nuku bowing in her
waitress outfit, but my quicky googling can't find it now. Rats. So I
looked on Youtube, and the first few seconds of this AMV will give some
idea of what Kusanagi would have to put up with; the rest is what
section nine has coming.

Nuku Bouncing off the Walls Again - Music, Sugarcult.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/5mxq4h

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHFQfFcOGiY

DBB

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Jul 28, 2008, 8:24:23 AM7/28/08
Rob Kelk wrote:

> In Manhattan, "angels" take over children, until only your character is
> left to save the day...
> "Parasite EVA"

Ooo, I like that one.

One of the oldies but goodies:

Cowboboboy-BeBoBoBoBop. I don't think we need to describe this one. The
title should more than suffice.

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Jul 28, 2008, 8:31:12 AM7/28/08

A beautiful, skilled supernatural investigator (with a bit too much
fondness for Karaoke and sake) finds herself becoming more and more
involved with a handsome, widowed scientist when his children keep
becoming involved in her cases.

Phantom Jonny Quest Corp.

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Jul 28, 2008, 2:31:50 PM7/28/08
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 8:24am-0400, Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) <sea...@sgeinc.inval...:

> Rob Kelk wrote:
>
> > In Manhattan, "angels" take over children, until only your character is
> > left to save the day...
> > "Parasite EVA"
>
> Ooo, I like that one.
>
> One of the oldies but goodies:
>
> Cowboboboy-BeBoBoBoBop. I don't think we need to describe this one.
> The title should more than suffice.

Wonder what the blaxploitation ep would look like....

Laters. =)

Stan
--
_______ ________ _______ ____ ___ ___ ______ ______
| __|__ __| _ | \ | | | | _____| _____|
| ( _| | http://www.uofr.net/~lostrune/
\ ______| _______ ____ ___
/ \ / \ | _ | \ | |
/ \/ \| _ | |\ |
/___/\/\___|__| |__|___| \ ___|

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Jul 28, 2008, 2:58:49 PM7/28/08
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 18:07:49 GMT, Warewolf <warewol...@shaw.ca>
wrote:

>What can I say? I had fun last night. (with the list, wiseguy) }:^)

<snip>

>(Riding BeanBean? Maybe not.) ^_^;;

Hmmm, Riding Mr. Bean?

Aje RavenStar

Jul 28, 2008, 3:07:12 PM7/28/08

"Antonio E. Gonzalez" <AntE...@aol.com> wrote in message

Neon Genesis eVangelionDread?

sanjian

Jul 28, 2008, 5:29:06 PM7/28/08

"Antonio E. Gonzalez" <AntE...@aol.com> wrote in message

Little Red Riding Bean.

Bill Martin

Jul 28, 2008, 7:29:26 PM7/28/08
On 2008-07-26 13:41:22 -0500, rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) said:

> (Just because we haven't has a fluff thread for a while...)
>
> Cross two (or more) anime, or an anime and another work of fiction, and
> give the result a sketch or a one-line description. The worse (as in
> "makes people groan") the result, the better.
>
> Here'a a few examples to get things going.
>

> Fanart (not mine):
>
> http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=luckystrikersyr8.jpg
>
> http://shanachan.konosutekinabasho.net/xo/src/1177257803829.jpg

Surprised you didn't link to the Azumanga Xtreme Beach Volleyball pic
as well...

> Writeups:

[snip]

My additions...

Ghost Hunters: Japan - On this very special edition, Jason, Grant, and
the T.A.P.S. crew head to Japan to try out two new potentials, neither
of which will say "Dude, RUN!" Yusuke Urameshi and Kazuma Kuwabara try
out, as the T.A.P.S. crew investigates a potentially haunted school.

Dog, the Space Cowboy - The newest member of the Bebop crew, displaced
from his own time like Faye, Dog teams up with Jet to hunt down bad
guys for woolongs.

The Melancholy of Buckaroo Banzai - After crossing the 8th dimension,
and battling the World Crime League, Buckaroo Banzai adds one more
credit to his impressive resume, teaching in Japan, where he meets the
S.O.S. club...

COPS - Cops is filmed on location with the permission of local law
enforcement officers. Tonight's episode features the Bokuto City
Policewomen.

Welcome Back, Onizuka - Vinny Barbarino and the Sweathogs get a new
teacher, Ekichi Onizuka, who just rode into town on a motorcycle, after
leaving his last teaching position in Japan.

Those Who Hunt Rings - Airi, Junpei, and Ritsuko are stuck in Middle
Earth, and finding spell fragments to reform the One Ring is their only
hope of getting home.

Detective Conan the Barbarian - Shinichi "Jimmy" Kudo finds himself
transformed into the infamous Cimmerian, and if he wants to live a
normal life, he must track down the criminal organization that is
responsible for his new body...

Angelic Toy Story - Buzz and Woody both fall for little sister's new
toy from Japan, a doll that seems to move on it's own in front of
humans.

That's all I've got for now...

8-Bit Star

Jul 30, 2008, 10:46:13 AM7/30/08
On Jul 28, 6:29 pm, Bill Martin <bill_r_mar...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> COPS - Cops is filmed on location with the permission of local law
> enforcement officers. Tonight's episode features the Bokuto City
> Policewomen.

Least it wasn't the other COPS... the ones that fight crime
in a future time, alongside beast-people with magical powers.

That version would be called HyperCOPS

> Detective Conan the Barbarian - Shinichi "Jimmy" Kudo finds himself
> transformed into the infamous Cimmerian, and if he wants to live a
> normal life, he must track down the criminal organization that is
> responsible for his new body...

But supposing he LIKES his new body and the way women are
attracted to it (not to mention his newfound ability to rip Cthulhu-
like
entities limb from limb)...

8-Bit Star

Jul 31, 2008, 2:15:21 AM7/31/08
On Jul 28, 4:29 pm, "sanjian" <mun...@vt.edu> wrote:
> "Antonio E. Gonzalez" <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote in messagenews:ul5s845kg56lvquds...@4ax.com...
>
> > On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 18:07:49 GMT, Warewolf <warewolfmypa...@shaw.ca>

> > wrote:
>
> >>What can I say? I had fun last night. (with the list, wiseguy) }:^)
>
> > <snip>
>
> >>(Riding BeanBean? Maybe not.) ^_^;;
>
> > Hmmm, Riding Mr. Bean?
>
> Little Red Riding Bean.

Dr. Robotnik's Riding Bean Machine!

Inu-Yasha

Jul 31, 2008, 7:04:06 PM7/31/08

I thought of one:

BGCC - Bubblegum Crisis Cats, Girls with power suits meet girls with
guns and hot cars and take on the crimelords in big Windy aka
Chicago. Lookout Riding Bean, these suits got no wheels!

Inu-Yasha
Feh!! ^_^

sanjian

Jul 31, 2008, 7:11:23 PM7/31/08

Bubblegum Panic!

Actually, that one could be fun.

8-Bit Star

Aug 1, 2008, 3:04:21 AM8/1/08

Okay, I got one:

After the death of his parents, a young lion cub returns to his
homeland
and brings order, with the help of a giant, five-part robot.
--Hundred Beast King GoWhiteLion

Rob Kelk

Aug 5, 2008, 10:21:33 AM8/5/08
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:29:26 -0500, Bill Martin
<bill_r...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 2008-07-26 13:41:22 -0500, rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) said:
>
>> (Just because we haven't has a fluff thread for a while...)
>>
>> Cross two (or more) anime, or an anime and another work of fiction, and
>> give the result a sketch or a one-line description. The worse (as in
>> "makes people groan") the result, the better.
>>
>> Here'a a few examples to get things going.
>>

>> Fanart (not mine):
>>
>> http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=luckystrikersyr8.jpg
>>
>> http://shanachan.konosutekinabasho.net/xo/src/1177257803829.jpg
>
>Surprised you didn't link to the Azumanga Xtreme Beach Volleyball pic
>as well...

Reviewing this thread and noticed this comment... *What* Azumanga
Xtreme Beach Volleyball pic? Who's been holding out on me?

<snip>

8-Bit Star

Aug 5, 2008, 8:28:08 PM8/5/08

I've got another one:

A troubled street punk comes back from the dead to fight
supernatural crime... but can even HE put a stop to The
Ghost With the Most?
-Beetlejuice Hakusho.

paranormalized

Aug 5, 2008, 11:45:35 PM8/5/08
On Jul 26, 1:41 pm, robk...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:
> (Just because we haven't has a fluff thread for a while...)
>
> Cross two (or more) anime, or an anime and another work of fiction, and
> give the result a sketch or a one-line description.  The worse (as in
> "makes people groan") the result, the better.

All kids hold an egg in their soul. The egg of our hearts, our would-
be selves. And sometimes, unspeakable things hatch from them...
[Shoggoth Chara]

Jonathan Fisher
surprised this one hasn't come up already...

sanjian

Aug 6, 2008, 5:34:44 PM8/6/08
paranormalized wrote:
> On Jul 26, 1:41 pm, robk...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:
>> (Just because we haven't has a fluff thread for a while...)
>>
>> Cross two (or more) anime, or an anime and another work of fiction,
>> and give the result a sketch or a one-line description. The worse
>> (as in "makes people groan") the result, the better.
>>

> All kids hold an egg in their soul. The egg of our hearts, our would-
> be selves. And sometimes, unspeakable things hatch from them...
> [Shoggoth Chara]

And, to play off that...

All kids hold an egg in their soul. If their soul can not break the shell,
then it will die without being born.

RLP

Aug 6, 2008, 7:26:54 PM8/6/08
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 21:54:54 -0700 (PDT), 8-Bit Star
<nes...@gmail.com> wrote:

"Serial Experiments Lina"
Kiss your universe goodbye!

_______________________________
Anyone who thinks evil mutants
are only in comic books hasn't
raised any children.

Warewolf

Aug 6, 2008, 9:41:58 PM8/6/08
Hey, everyone.

After reading some of the entries in this thread, I thought I'd toss in
one more set of (what I consider) bad crossovers. In fact, I was a
little surprised that noone posted entries like 'Samurai Gunsmith Pizza
Cats', 'Ultimate Muscle Girls' or 'Super Mario M-66' but, then, with the
temperatures in some areas reaching an all-time high, other activities
(such as keeping cool and the search for summer employment) take
understandable precedence. ^_^

Either way, I hope you'll enjoy (and, if possible, critique) these
entries.

And thanks again for adding to the fun. ^-^

--------

[Sailor MoonPhase]

After rescuing an injured cat from some bullies, a local high school
student discovers that she's not just a reincarnated superhero but a
lycanthrope as well. Can Usagi and her friends keep their 'gifts' under
control or will they be fighting more than the Dark Kingdom?

[FullMetalocalypse]

After one of their concert gimmicks goes awry, killing thousands of fans
(and providing the band with mechanical limbs and/or bodies), the members
of Dethklok become more popular than ever before. Will they continue to
spread the virtues of 'Metal' or will the 'Tribunal' succeed in
developing the legendary 'Philosopher Stone' that can stay humanity's
'impending doom' (and ensure their complete control over the survivors)?

Hark and tremble, ye great unwashed, for the 'Metalocalpyse' has truly
begun.

[Fushigi Yogi]

After reading a book that he finds in the forest, a certain resident of
Jellystone Park winds up in an alternate universe complete with its own
park ranger named 'Smith' who is willing to provide him with 3 picnic
baskets if he can bring seven pesky patrons to the ranger station before
the season ends. Can Yogi convince these terrible tourists to take their
leave or is the ranger hatching a even bigger plot?

[Sumomo-mo Mo-momo]

After proving herself an expert in martial arts (among other
disciplines), a pantaloon-clad Persocom discovers that she has been
betrothed to a (former) student of a rival (Anything Goes Martial Arts)
school in order to unite the various (genre/fetish-based) clans. Can she
stomach the manners of this 'Fist of the Nose Hair' or will malevolent
assassins/agents blow her chance(s) at true happiness?

[Girls (of) Johnny Bravo]

After being rejected by so many prospects, a failure-to-launch loser
begins to thinks he's cursed...until a relaxing bath begins to turn his
life around.

[Megas X/L/R]

In a last ditch effort to protect her Ishtarian charge from the Glorft,
Cloud 7 agent Kiva Andru decides to send her, in suspended animation, to
a pocket universe via a specially-designed (stolen) mecha but an untested
Glorft weapon destabilizes the mecha's portal generator sending everyone
in the area to 20th century Earth. Now the mecha has a new pilot and the
'co-pilot'...has a new (green-skinned) girl to fawn over.

[The Legend of Kimiko]

The students of a certain Xiaolin temple discover that there is more to
their fire-bending friend than they first realized.

[Home Improvement: A Labor of Love]

On this special edition of Tool Time, Tim 'the Tool Man' Taylor decides
to bring his (family's) pet project, a fully-restored giant robot, to the
construction site of a new hi-tech skyscraper. Can he maintain his 368-
day streak of avoiding accidents or will it all come crashing down?

--------

Thanks again for reading, everyone.

Signed,
Warewolf
who can only wonder how a certain cynical student would react to an extra
(-dimensional) pocket on her skirt. ~_^

Starfire: Robin, what are these 'witches' you are hunting?
Raven: Trust me, Star, his first battle won't end well.

Other titles that you can probably interpret/flesh out on your own:

Tales of Eternia: He-Man
Tales of Fantasia
Serial Experiment (Jane) Lane
6Teen Titans
Reboot: The LoDOS Wars
Earthworm Kim
Porky-Mon
Spicy City Hunter
Wild 8
Mouse (before she arrived in Mainframe) ~_^

Captain Nerd

Aug 6, 2008, 10:02:13 PM8/6/08
In article <Xns9AF2BE3861A65...@24.64.223.211>,
Warewolf <warewol...@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Other titles that you can probably interpret/flesh out on your own:
>
> Tales of Eternia: He-Man
> Tales of Fantasia
> Serial Experiment (Jane) Lane
> 6Teen Titans
> Reboot: The LoDOS Wars
> Earthworm Kim
> Porky-Mon
> Spicy City Hunter
> Wild 8
> Mouse (before she arrived in Mainframe) ~_^

How about "Shinigami Eyeshield 21"?

Cap.

--
Since 1989, recycling old jokes, cliches, and bad puns, one Usenet
post at a time!

Bill Martin

Aug 7, 2008, 5:37:23 PM8/7/08
On 2008-08-05 09:21:33 -0500, rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) said:

> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:29:26 -0500, Bill Martin
> <bill_r...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2008-07-26 13:41:22 -0500, rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) said:
>>
>>> (Just because we haven't has a fluff thread for a while...)
>>>
>>> Cross two (or more) anime, or an anime and another work of fiction, and
>>> give the result a sketch or a one-line description. The worse (as in
>>> "makes people groan") the result, the better.
>>>
>>> Here'a a few examples to get things going.
>>>

>>> Fanart (not mine):
>>>
>>> http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=luckystrikersyr8.jpg
>>>
>>> http://shanachan.konosutekinabasho.net/xo/src/1177257803829.jpg
>>
>> Surprised you didn't link to the Azumanga Xtreme Beach Volleyball pic
>> as well...
>
> Reviewing this thread and noticed this comment... *What* Azumanga
> Xtreme Beach Volleyball pic? Who's been holding out on me?
>
> <snip>

I had it back before my hard drive crashed, let me go search for it...

*searches*

Sheesh, I'll back it up next time...

... it's the one here:

http://www.wallpaperpimper.com/wallpaper/download-wallpaper-Azumanga_Daioh-size-1280x1024-id-56667.htm

Ayuma's/Osaka's

legs look odd in it to me, but still...

DBBrandell

Aug 7, 2008, 9:39:48 PM8/7/08
Bill Martin wrote:
> On 2008-08-05 09:21:33 -0500, rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) said:
>
>> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:29:26 -0500, Bill Martin
>> <bill_r...@hotmail.com> wrote:

( ... snip ... )

>> Reviewing this thread and noticed this comment... *What* Azumanga
>> Xtreme Beach Volleyball pic? Who's been holding out on me?
>>
>> <snip>
>
> I had it back before my hard drive crashed, let me go search for it...
>
> *searches*
>
> Sheesh, I'll back it up next time...
>
> ... it's the one here:
>
> http://www.wallpaperpimper.com/wallpaper/download-wallpaper-Azumanga_Daioh-size-1280x1024-id-56667.htm
>

> Ayuma's/Osaka's
> legs look odd in it to me, but still...

If ya'll are interested, there's a non-"Xtreme Beach Volleyball" JP
Azumanga volleyball video game; here are a couple of mild, small
promotional pictures of the Azumanga girls in swimsuits for it.

One pic of Chiyo and a menu ( Japanese ):

tinyurl pre-view:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6qldaq

www.gamesgone.com/images/special/azubeach1.gif

Heads and shoulders of two teams of two:

www.gamesgone.com/images/special/azubeach4.gif

Group in swimsuits:

www.gamesgone.com/images/special/azubeach5.gif

Game screen shot- avatars are basically chibi-sized, doesn't look very
interesting:

www.gamesgone.com/images/special/azubeach2.gif

Company's English home page, this game is currently featured there:

www.gamesgone.com

Found after googling Google Images; hmmm, if using google is googling,
then is using Images "giggling"? :)

DBB

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Aug 7, 2008, 11:43:34 PM8/7/08
Thu, 7 Aug 2008 4:37pm-0500, Bill Martin <bill_r...@hotmail.com>:

............. Isn't as bad as I thought..........

Message has been deleted

Aje RavenStar

Aug 9, 2008, 11:04:30 AM8/9/08

":phant" <ph...@usagi.comix> wrote in message

> rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:
>
>>(Just because we haven't has a fluff thread for a while...)
>>
>>Cross two (or more) anime, or an anime and another work of fiction, and
>>give the result a sketch or a one-line description. The worse (as in
>>"makes people groan") the result, the better.
>>
>>Here'a a few examples to get things going.
>>

>>Writeups:
>>

> Kaleido Star Galactica
> Girl joins traveling space troupe on the run from menacing robots that
> appear human and all look like Simon Cowell
>
> Love Hinata
> Naruto stays at a female ninja bording house.

Love Nonsense: a remake of Love Hina with Motoko and Kitsune as the central
characters, featuring Sarah McDougall as the third wheel and Kanako fillng
the role of Onsokumaru.

<snip>

> Those Who Hunt Keebler Elves
> It will make you toss your cookies...

Clutching stomach and moaning enough to wake the wife. Winner!

8-Bit Star

Aug 9, 2008, 1:57:59 PM8/9/08
On Aug 6, 8:41 pm, Warewolf <warewolfmypa...@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Tales of Eternia: He-Man

Ever since the day it came out I could not hear the name "Tales of
Eternia" without wondering if He-Man was in it.

Anyway, I've got another:

[[Ranma One-Half-Life]]
"Ranma! Thank goodness you've arrived! There's a cat loose in the
anomalous materials chamber. Can you please get it out?"

"A c-c-c-c-c-cat????!!?!?!?!"

Thus begins the true story of the Black Mesa incident.

(Hmmm... actually that would make a half-decent fanfic).

Warewolf

Aug 9, 2008, 4:11:45 PM8/9/08
Captain Nerd <cpt...@nerdwatch.com> wrote in news:cptnerd-
C3B6E3.220...@news.giganews.com:

> How about "Shinigami Eyeshield 21"?

No doubt followed by 'Ganbare Zenki'

That's a good point. ^_^

Signed,
Warewolf
who can't believe he forgot:

Raw Moonage
Plastic Littles
My Little Pani Poni Dash O_O

I must be slipping. ^_^;

sanjian

Aug 9, 2008, 4:57:54 PM8/9/08
:phant wrote:
> rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:
>
>> (Just because we haven't has a fluff thread for a while...)
>>
>> Cross two (or more) anime, or an anime and another work of fiction,
>> and
>> give the result a sketch or a one-line description. The worse (as in
>> "makes people groan") the result, the better.
>>
>> Here'a a few examples to get things going.
>>

>> Writeups:
>>

> Kaleido Star Galactica
> Girl joins traveling space troupe on the run from menacing robots that
> appear human and all look like Simon Cowell
>
> Love Hinata
> Naruto stays at a female ninja bording house.
>
> Silence of the Lambda
> Tessa interviews a cannibal about a serial killer using
> black technology?

> Those Who Hunt Keebler Elves
> It will make you toss your cookies...
>
> Fat/Stay Night
> Mages summon overweight servants for sumo battles in a quest for the
> grail.
>
> Malcolm X
> A live action retelling of Clamp's X, using the cast of Malcolm in
> the Middle.
>
> Plastic Big
> Tom Hanks, Captain Tita, nuff said.
>
> Paranoia Agent Aika
>
> Sailor Moon Phase
>
> Aliens VS Pretear
>
> Niea Genesis Evangelion

Ok, this means war...

Upton Sinclair's The Jungle de Ikou!

Gondoliers in SPAAAAAAAACE! (hell, you wouldn't have to change anything for
Aria)

Fate/Stay Night Court (watch for Markie Post's brillian performance as
Lawyer)

I Love Hina, starring Lucille Ball as a kind-hearted, but high-strung
student at the Hinata Inn.

Everybody Loves Rayearth

Kami and Generals

Kimagure Sesame Road

Little Red Riding Bean

Gunsmith CATS: The Musical

Lucky Star Trek - Otakudom, the final frontier...

Those Who Hunt Elvis - he's still alive, somewhere out there...

Fairy Princess Ren and Stimpy

Breakfast Cereal Expermiment Project Lain

Xena: Warrior of the Wind - Lucy Lawless plays a greek princess with a big
insect problem

The Air Team - Potato with lots of gold chains

Fire Tripper, 9-1-1

8-Bit Star

Aug 10, 2008, 2:08:29 AM8/10/08

Another one:

[[Slayers of the Rings]]
AMELIA: We will destroy this ring in the name of JUSTICE!... but...
but its so PRETTY!

ZELGADIS: If I let you destroy this ring I may be passing up my one
chance to become human! Then I'll NEVER make the High School Swim
Team!

ELROND: This quest will be difficult, for only in the fires of Mount
Doom can the ring be unmade...
LINA: Hold it, Elly. I want to try something first...

Rob Kelk

Aug 10, 2008, 11:38:18 AM8/10/08
On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 16:37:23 -0500, Bill Martin
<bill_r...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 2008-08-05 09:21:33 -0500, rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) said:

<snip>

>> Reviewing this thread and noticed this comment... *What* Azumanga
>> Xtreme Beach Volleyball pic? Who's been holding out on me?
>>
>> <snip>
>
>I had it back before my hard drive crashed, let me go search for it...
>
>*searches*
>
>Sheesh, I'll back it up next time...
>
>... it's the one here:
>
>http://www.wallpaperpimper.com/wallpaper/download-wallpaper-Azumanga_Daioh-size-1280x1024-id-56667.htm
>
>Ayuma's/Osaka's
>
>legs look odd in it to me, but still...

Ah, thanks.

Here's a webforum post with links to two more Bad Crossover images - I
think they're new ones:

http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/reply/40554/t/Crossovers-that-should-not-be-V-Welcome-to-the-Damnation-.html#reply-40554

RLP

Aug 10, 2008, 12:27:00 PM8/10/08
"Martian Successor Ryo-Ohki"
Those mass battle scenes get old after a while.
This should shorten them up considerably.

Bill Martin

Aug 12, 2008, 9:01:58 PM8/12/08
Okay, a few more ideas after reviewing the Primer...

Blackjack Sparrow - A superhuman doctor by day, swashbuckling pirate by night.

Ghost in the Half-Shell - The Turtles are thoroughly trounced by the
Foot Clan due to some cybernetic enhancements, so they decide to fight
fire with fire, so to speak...

Ghost in the Half-Shell: Stand-alone Splinter - Splinter struggles on
whether or not to join his pupils in their upgrades to fight the
irritating Cyber-Foot Clan...

Key the American Idol - Can a pale android sing and impress Simon
Cowell so that she can make 30,000 friends?

Mysterious Cities of Gold and Lead - What do ancient civilizations in
the Americas have to do with the giant tripods that have been abducting
people around the world?

Please Save My Rayearth - A young girl starts having dreams that flash
back to a time where she meets interesting people and meets others who
also are having eerily similar dreams.

Witch Hunter Nightwing - After leaving Batman's side and becoming a
full-fledged hero of his own, Dick Grayson leaves Gotham for Tokyo,
where he meets up with the mysterious Solomon group and joins their
STN-J division.

And I think that's it for now. I might have a few more later on down
the road, but I'm tapped out for now.