Speaking of "not dead yet"...

Rob Kelk

Sep 25, 2008, 9:00:21 PM9/25/08
RightStuf's having a sale on Geneon DVDs - including pre-orders such as
the "Lyrical Nanoha" box set.

http://www.rightstuf.com/mail-templates/geneon-2008-09-25/

(Who was it who said Geneon USA was dead, again? That's mighty active
for a dead company...)

--
Rob Kelk <http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/> e-mail: s/deadspam/gmail/
"I'm *not* a kid! Nyyyeaaah!" - Skuld (in "Oh My Goddess!" OAV #3)

darkst...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2008, 1:46:54 AM9/26/08
It's called "dumping inventory" -- probably to raise what little funds
it can for the Japanese parent, who has to be in some economic
trouble, at the rate things have been degenerating around the world
the last few days...

Mike

Rob Kelk

Sep 26, 2008, 8:42:02 AM9/26/08
On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:46:54 -0700 (PDT), darkst...@gmail.com wrote:

>It's called "dumping inventory"

As I already said, the sale is also on pre-orders. Geneon is releasing
new titles.

I'll say that again:

Geneon is releasing new titles.

Thy're not dead.

> -- probably to raise what little funds
>it can for the Japanese parent, who has to be in some economic
>trouble, at the rate things have been degenerating around the world
>the last few days...

The only economic trouble they're in right now is because people like
you have been claiming they're dead.

(Now, what the heck's wrong with my killfile...?)
--
Rob Kelk Personal address (ROT-13): eboxryx -ng- tznvy -qbg- pbz
"When a person can no longer laugh at himself, it is time for others

Aya the Vampire Slayer

Sep 26, 2008, 9:39:18 AM9/26/08
Rob Kelk <rob...@deadspam.com> wa:

>RightStuf's having a sale on Geneon DVDs - including pre-orders such as
>the "Lyrical Nanoha" box set.

>http://www.rightstuf.com/mail-templates/geneon-2008-09-25/

Are there any newer GENEON licenses, that is, series that weren't done
with their initial releases before GENEON's failed distribution deal,
that are *not* now being distributed by Funi (ie, are still in limbo)?

Oh, that reminds me (although I don't know why, exactly). Someone is
releasing the "Wallflower" anime. Need to check on how many vols of that
are out now. May order some of them with Ouran. Hooray for shoujo (and
Sunako!)!

--
"Care must be exorcised when handring Opiticar System as it is apts to
be sticked by dusts and hand-fat." --Japanese Translators

"Keep your fingers off the lens." --Elton Byington, English Translator

darkst...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2008, 10:14:19 AM9/26/08
On Sep 26, 5:42 am, robk...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:46:54 -0700 (PDT), darkstar7...@gmail.com wrote:
> >It's called "dumping inventory"
>
> As I already said, the sale is also on pre-orders.  Geneon is releasing
> new titles.
>
> I'll say that again:
>
>                Geneon is releasing new titles.
>
> Thy're not dead.

You're sure this is not a Funimation release?? Absolutely sure...

(Or a Japanese release of a Blu-Ray or something like that through
Dentsu?)

Because if you are right, that would probably be the first new product
Geneon has released in -- what -- a year? 18 months??

And, not only that, but they clearly shut down their US division.
That IS dead. And you can't deny that, Rob.

> >   -- probably to raise what little funds
> >it can for the Japanese parent, who has to be in some economic
> >trouble, at the rate things have been degenerating around the world
> >the last few days...
>
> The only economic trouble they're in right now is because people like
> you have been claiming they're dead.

Do you even read the news anymore? Probably not -- and I speak, now,
more than just the anime news...

> (Now, what the heck's wrong with my killfile...?)

That's a very damned good question. I thought you killfiled me again
earlier in the week!

Mike

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Sep 26, 2008, 11:31:20 AM9/26/08
Rob Kelk <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote:
> (Now, what the heck's wrong with my killfile...?)

Your newsreader probably scores up replies to your own posts.

cu
59cobalt
--
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight
flaw in my character."

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Sep 26, 2008, 11:41:24 AM9/26/08
Aya the Vampire Slayer <ry...@gatech.rmv.this.part.edu> wrote:
> Oh, that reminds me (although I don't know why, exactly). Someone is
> releasing the "Wallflower" anime. Need to check on how many vols of that
> are out now. May order some of them with Ouran. Hooray for shoujo (and
> Sunako!)!

ADV was releasing "The Wallflower", but then had to cancel the release
(after vol. 3 IIRC), because their license was taken over by FUNimation.
AFAIK Funi hasn't yet announced a new release schedule.

Aya the Vampire Slayer

Sep 26, 2008, 11:52:37 AM9/26/08
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <usene...@planetcobalt.net> wa:

>Aya the Vampire Slayer <ry...@gatech.rmv.this.part.edu> wrote:
>> Oh, that reminds me (although I don't know why, exactly). Someone is
>> releasing the "Wallflower" anime. Need to check on how many vols of that
>> are out now. May order some of them with Ouran. Hooray for shoujo (and
>> Sunako!)!

>ADV was releasing "The Wallflower", but then had to cancel the release
>(after vol. 3 IIRC), because their license was taken over by FUNimation.
>AFAIK Funi hasn't yet announced a new release schedule.

D'oh. Okay, better wait until Funi makes some pre-order noise, as they
seem to be heading the boxset-only route. Three singles will do me no
good, that being the case.

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Sep 26, 2008, 12:17:21 PM9/26/08
On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 12:42:02 GMT, rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk)
wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:46:54 -0700 (PDT), darkst...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>It's called "dumping inventory"
>
>As I already said, the sale is also on pre-orders. Geneon is releasing
>new titles.
>
>I'll say that again:
>

> Geneon is releasing new titles.
>

>Thy're not dead.

Darky's a misinformed moron, we know . . .

selaboc

Sep 26, 2008, 12:47:01 PM9/26/08
On Sep 26, 10:14 am, darkstar7...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sep 26, 5:42 am, robk...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:46:54 -0700 (PDT), darkstar7...@gmail.com wrote:
> > >It's called "dumping inventory"
>
> > As I already said, the sale is also on pre-orders.  Geneon is releasing
> > new titles.
>
> > I'll say that again:
>
> >                Geneon is releasing new titles.
>
> > Thy're not dead.
>
> You're sure this is not a Funimation release??  Absolutely sure...

Follow the damn link, moron. It says "Publisher - GENEON". Funi is
just the distributor. Learn the difference between what a "publisher"
is and what a "distributor" is.

Derek Janssen

Sep 26, 2008, 3:09:04 PM9/26/08
darkst...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sep 26, 5:42 am, robk...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:46:54 -0700 (PDT), darkstar7...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>>It's called "dumping inventory"
>>
>>As I already said, the sale is also on pre-orders. Geneon is releasing
>>new titles.
>>
>>I'll say that again:
>>
>> Geneon is releasing new titles.
>>
>>Thy're not dead.
>

> You're sure this is not a Funimation release??
> (Or a Japanese release of a Blu-Ray or something like that through
> Dentsu?)

Say, know what? @_@
I think I'll do what fanboys do, and look up Internet links for all my
Double Super-Secret-Spy Information, and look like really cool like I
know everything!

Now, let's see, where was that RightStuf link that was already
quote-wiped out of the original post...Ah, here it is:
http://www.rightstuf.com/mail-templates/geneon-2008-09-25/

---
For a bite-sized time – just four days! – you can sink your teeth into
savings on DVDs from Geneon Entertainment! You’ll find everything from
favorite, classic titles to highly anticipated new releases and
collections, including Hellsing Ultimate, Story of Saiunkoku, When They
Cry (Higurashi), Black Lagoon, Karin, The Familiar of Zero and Lyrical
Nanoha!

From now through September 28, take 35% OFF the retail prices of all
DVDs from Geneon Entertainment. (This includes pre-orders!)
---

(Hmm, they must mean pre-orders on titles that are *already out*...
Geez, how many times are they going to try and keep selling us When They
Cry, v1?)

> Absolutely sure...

Y'know, I'll bet they covered that too--Let's see..

---
* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just
click on the “Sink Your Teeth Into Savings” graphic on RightStuf.com: It
will take you to a list of all of the Geneon Entertainment items we
carry! (Please note: Bargain Bin, Weekly Special and Closeout items are
not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and
this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)
---

(Oh, darn, and I was HOPING to get some of that-there "dumping
inventory" I've heard fans talk about...) ;)

Derek Janssen (that's not fair, going around selling NEW products like
that!)
eja...@verizon.net

Derek Janssen

Sep 26, 2008, 3:12:26 PM9/26/08
Aya the Vampire Slayer wrote:

>>>Oh, that reminds me (although I don't know why, exactly). Someone is
>>>releasing the "Wallflower" anime. Need to check on how many vols of that
>>>are out now. May order some of them with Ouran. Hooray for shoujo (and
>>>Sunako!)!
>
>>ADV was releasing "The Wallflower", but then had to cancel the release
>>(after vol. 3 IIRC), because their license was taken over by FUNimation.
>>AFAIK Funi hasn't yet announced a new release schedule.
>
> D'oh. Okay, better wait until Funi makes some pre-order noise, as they
> seem to be heading the boxset-only route. Three singles will do me no
> good, that being the case.

But Funi being post-AX Funi, if/when production resumes, they'll
probably wait for the Complete boxset--
Which they can do with a short series, and it's already half completed.

Derek Janssen
eja...@verizon.net

Abraham Evangelista

Sep 26, 2008, 4:42:51 PM9/26/08
On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:09:04 GMT, Derek Janssen
<eja...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:

<snip>

> For a bite-sized time – just four days! – you can sink your teeth into
>savings on DVDs from Geneon Entertainment! You’ll find everything from
>favorite, classic titles to highly anticipated new releases and
>collections, including Hellsing Ultimate, Story of Saiunkoku, When They
>Cry (Higurashi), Black Lagoon, Karin, The Familiar of Zero and Lyrical
>Nanoha!

NANOHA! Oh my poor, poor bank account...

> From now through September 28, take 35% OFF the retail prices of all
>DVDs from Geneon Entertainment. (This includes pre-orders!)
>---
>
>(Hmm, they must mean pre-orders on titles that are *already out*...
>Geez, how many times are they going to try and keep selling us When They
>Cry, v1?)

Well ya see, either you buy it...

...or you get spirited away by O-yashiro-sama.

Alternately, Rena takes you home. :-)
--
Abraham Evangelista

Abraham Evangelista

Sep 26, 2008, 5:13:08 PM9/26/08
On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 13:39:18 +0000 (UTC), Aya the Vampire Slayer
<ry...@gatech.rmv.this.part.edu> wrote:

>Rob Kelk <rob...@deadspam.com> wa:
>>RightStuf's having a sale on Geneon DVDs - including pre-orders such as
>>the "Lyrical Nanoha" box set.
>
>>http://www.rightstuf.com/mail-templates/geneon-2008-09-25/
>
>Are there any newer GENEON licenses, that is, series that weren't done
>with their initial releases before GENEON's failed distribution deal,
>that are *not* now being distributed by Funi (ie, are still in limbo)?

I actually thought this list would have been longer!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=2151

Buso Renkin was a GENEON production that went to VIZ, although given
the manga tie-in, I suppose that's not surprising.

--

Abraham Evangelista

Rob Kelk

Sep 26, 2008, 7:45:49 PM9/26/08
On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 17:31:20 +0200 (CEST), Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers
<usene...@planetcobalt.net> wrote:

>Rob Kelk <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote:
>> (Now, what the heck's wrong with my killfile...?)
>
>Your newsreader probably scores up replies to your own posts.

Looks like... Thanks, I've scored down you-know-who.

--
Rob Kelk Personal address (ROT-13): eboxryx -ng- tznvy -qbg- pbz

"Aggresive killfiling. I highly recommend it. It isn't personal;
there's just a limited number of hours in the day."
- Russ Allbery (<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>), in message
<yl66l68...@windlord.stanford.edu>

Rob Kelk

Sep 26, 2008, 7:48:23 PM9/26/08
On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 20:42:51 GMT, Abraham Evangelista
<da...@verizon.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:09:04 GMT, Derek Janssen
><eja...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> For a bite-sized time – just four days! – you can sink your teeth into
>>savings on DVDs from Geneon Entertainment! You’ll find everything from
>>favorite, classic titles to highly anticipated new releases and
>>collections, including Hellsing Ultimate, Story of Saiunkoku, When They
>>Cry (Higurashi), Black Lagoon, Karin, The Familiar of Zero and Lyrical
>>Nanoha!
>
>NANOHA! Oh my poor, poor bank account...

Well, yeah - I specifically mentioned that one in my original post.

(I figured that would be enough to show that Geneon was releasing new
titles. Silly me.)

>> From now through September 28, take 35% OFF the retail prices of all
>>DVDs from Geneon Entertainment. (This includes pre-orders!)
>>---
>>
>>(Hmm, they must mean pre-orders on titles that are *already out*...
>>Geez, how many times are they going to try and keep selling us When They
>>Cry, v1?)
>

>Well ya see, either you buy it...
>
>...or you get spirited away by O-yashiro-sama.
>
>Alternately, Rena takes you home. :-)

But I'm already home...

darkst...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2008, 8:34:53 PM9/26/08

Funimation is distributing Geneon's old product to make money for
Dentsu.

Geneon USA died. Dead. Gone. You don't like it -- stop your
motherfucking downloading.

Mike

darkst...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2008, 8:38:41 PM9/26/08
On Sep 26, 8:41 am, Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

<usenet-2...@planetcobalt.net> wrote:
> Aya the Vampire Slayer <ry...@gatech.rmv.this.part.edu> wrote:
>
> > Oh, that reminds me (although I don't know why, exactly). Someone is
> > releasing the "Wallflower" anime. Need to check on how many vols of that
> > are out now. May order some of them with Ouran. Hooray for shoujo (and
> > Sunako!)!
>
> ADV was releasing "The Wallflower", but then had to cancel the release
> (after vol. 3 IIRC), because their license was taken over by FUNimation.
> AFAIK Funi hasn't yet announced a new release schedule.

To do that, you'd have to have something which is worth selling -- of
course, word I've seen is that Funi is having the cast work on
Wallflower, so we'll see.

Mike (Rob Kelk better find a way to score me about -2,000,000 if he
truly wants rid of my posts.)

Dave Watson

Sep 26, 2008, 9:06:16 PM9/26/08
On Sep 26, 3:09 pm, Derek Janssen <ejan...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
> ---
> * Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just
> click on the “Sink Your Teeth Into Savings” graphic on RightStuf.com: It
> will take you to a list of all of the Geneon Entertainment items we
> carry! (Please note: Bargain Bin, Weekly Special and Closeout items are
> not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and
> this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)
> ---
>
> (Oh, darn, and I was HOPING to get some of that-there "dumping
> inventory" I've heard fans talk about...)  ;)

Thank Belldandy I did when the last Bountiful Bargains sale happened.
Getting all of Texhnolyze (including Vol. 1 bundled with the first OST
CD, and the second OST CD) for about $6 each rocked the socks off of
what they're asking for it now. Of course, they have more that I
want, but I have no spare cash now (I had to save up my change to get
TV On The Radio's _Dear Science_ CD), and it's slow going clearing off
my DVD plate as it is.

Watson
Who wonders if he'll still like anime by the time he gets around to
the massive pile of digisubs he's accumulated as well.

Abraham Evangelista

Sep 26, 2008, 10:05:28 PM9/26/08
On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 23:48:23 GMT, rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk)
wrote:

Not your home. Her home. And not necessarily intact. :-)
--
Abraham Evangelista