OT: New in Houston area

Aje RavenStar

Jun 2, 2008, 4:34:19 PM6/2/08
Gee, I wonder where this inspiration came from...(two hints)

http://www.b4-u-eat.com/houston/restaurants/reviews/rsv5486.asp

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Jun 2, 2008, 4:57:15 PM6/2/08
Aje RavenStar <whine...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Gee, I wonder where this inspiration came from...(two hints)
>
> http://www.b4-u-eat.com/houston/restaurants/reviews/rsv5486.asp

"ACCESS DENIED due to ill-behaved spider/robot activity!"

M-hm, I see. geniuses@work ...

cu
59-one penny for every idiot ...-cobalt
--
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight
flaw in my character."

Aje RavenStar

Jun 2, 2008, 5:21:43 PM6/2/08

"Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers" <usene...@planetcobalt.net> wrote in message

> Aje RavenStar <whine...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Gee, I wonder where this inspiration came from...(two hints)
>>
>> http://www.b4-u-eat.com/houston/restaurants/reviews/rsv5486.asp
>
> "ACCESS DENIED due to ill-behaved spider/robot activity!"
>
> M-hm, I see. geniuses@work ...

I tried it from this link, no problems. Anyone else not have it work? If
so, I'll paste the section that amused me.

Dave Watson

Jun 2, 2008, 5:30:06 PM6/2/08
On Jun 2, 4:34 pm, "Aje RavenStar" <whinebuc...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Gee, I wonder where this inspiration came from...(two hints)
>
> http://www.b4-u-eat.com/houston/restaurants/reviews/rsv5486.asp

It's back up. The name of the place--maybe, maybe not. The
recommended dish--just coincidence:
http://www.dreamstime.com/naruto-roll-image2077316

Watson
Thanks, now you've made him hungry.

Rob Kelk

Jun 2, 2008, 5:34:43 PM6/2/08
On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:21:43 -0500, "Aje RavenStar"
<whine...@comcast.net> wrote:

>"Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers" <usene...@planetcobalt.net> wrote in message
>> Aje RavenStar <whine...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>> Gee, I wonder where this inspiration came from...(two hints)
>>>
>>> http://www.b4-u-eat.com/houston/restaurants/reviews/rsv5486.asp
>>
>> "ACCESS DENIED due to ill-behaved spider/robot activity!"
>>
>> M-hm, I see. geniuses@work ...
>>

>I tried it from this link, no problems. Anyone else not have it work? If
>so, I'll paste the section that amused me.

Let me guess:

"We are addicted to the Spicy Tuna Naruto roll which is unique in that
it is wrapped inside cucumber with no rice."

How the devil can you have sushi without rice? That's like a campfire
without flames, or a sentence without a verb.

--
Rob Kelk <http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/> e-mail: s/deadspam/gmail/
"I'm *not* a kid! Nyyyeaaah!" - Skuld (in "Oh My Goddess!" OAV #3)

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Jun 2, 2008, 8:14:28 PM6/2/08

Nah. If you mean who I think you mean, the waitesses would've been
dressed as catgirls . . . like a certain robotic one specifically . .
.

--
- ReFlex 76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot
girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between
looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Dave Watson

Jun 2, 2008, 8:45:37 PM6/2/08
On Jun 2, 5:34 pm, robk...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:
> Let me guess:
>
> "We are addicted to the Spicy Tuna Naruto roll which is unique in that
> it is wrapped inside cucumber with no rice."
>
> How the devil can you have sushi without rice? That's like a campfire
> without flames, or a sentence without a verb.

Decaffeinated coffee, de-alcoholized booze and marijuana without THC
all exist. They all have their uses (in the case of the last
instance, for hemp fiber to make cloth and paper), but that doesn't
mean I want them. Maybe it's not classified as sushi, like the bits
of prepared raw fish are called sashimi.

Watson
Now playing: C.C.C.C.'s _Cosmic Coincidence Control Center_, one of
the most ambient Japanese noise albums he's ever heard.

Travers Naran

Jun 2, 2008, 10:06:21 PM6/2/08
Aje RavenStar wrote:
> Gee, I wonder where this inspiration came from...(two hints)
>
> http://www.b4-u-eat.com/houston/restaurants/reviews/rsv5486.asp

The naruto roll? You people need to get out more: naruto means maelstrom
or any kind of spiralling thing, like the fish cake in ramen.

--
-----
Travers Naran, tnaran at google's mail.com

Aje RavenStar

Jun 2, 2008, 10:24:40 PM6/2/08

"Travers Naran" <tna...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Aje RavenStar wrote:
>> Gee, I wonder where this inspiration came from...(two hints)
>>
>> http://www.b4-u-eat.com/houston/restaurants/reviews/rsv5486.asp
>
> The naruto roll? You people need to get out more: naruto means maelstrom
> or any kind of spiralling thing, like the fish cake in ramen.

You overlooked the name of the place itself. Kira.
Admitted, once is happenstance and twice is coincidence (I haven't seen an
actual menu from the place, just that single review, so I don't know if they
have any other anime-associated names on their dishes).

Aje RavenStar

Jun 2, 2008, 10:29:25 PM6/2/08

"Aje RavenStar" <whine...@comcast.net> wrote in message

(Think I'll keep buying manga inexpensively when I can, and eventually open
Kira's Used Books).

Dave Watson

Jun 2, 2008, 11:22:53 PM6/2/08
On Jun 2, 10:29 pm, "Aje RavenStar" <whinebuc...@comcast.net> wrote:
> "Aje RavenStar" <whinebuc...@comcast.net> wrote in message

No, no, no. Yomiko's Used Books.

Watson
Not like Ms. Readman would want to get rid of them, but, y'know.

Aje RavenStar

Jun 3, 2008, 8:10:48 AM6/3/08

"Dave Watson" <dwbeing...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Response 1: It's probably a lot easier to get into one of Kira's books than
one of Yomiko's....

Response 2: Yomiko's Used Books should be housed in a circular building.
Moving to the right from the entrance, merchandise, reading area, check out,
second reading area, purchasing desk (directly opposite from the merchandise
area with a conveyor cutting across the courtyard to that point), exit,
short covered walkway back to the entrance, with possibly a noodle stand on
the edge midway through.

Rob Kelk

Jun 3, 2008, 6:07:06 PM6/3/08
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 07:10:48 -0500, "Aje RavenStar"
<whine...@comcast.net> wrote:

>"Dave Watson" <dwbeing...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Jun 2, 10:29 pm, "Aje RavenStar" <whinebuc...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>> "Aje RavenStar" <whinebuc...@comcast.net> wrote in message

>>> (Think I'll keep buying manga inexpensively when I can, and eventually
>>> open
>>> Kira's Used Books).
>>
>> No, no, no. Yomiko's Used Books.

"*Sell* a book?????"

>Response 1: It's probably a lot easier to get into one of Kira's books than
>one of Yomiko's....
>
>Response 2: Yomiko's Used Books should be housed in a circular building.
>Moving to the right from the entrance, merchandise, reading area, check out,
>second reading area, purchasing desk (directly opposite from the merchandise
>area with a conveyor cutting across the courtyard to that point), exit,
>short covered walkway back to the entrance, with possibly a noodle stand on
>the edge midway through.

Not enough reading areas...

Aje RavenStar

Jun 3, 2008, 6:13:19 PM6/3/08

"Rob Kelk" <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote in message

Plenty of reading areas, for the one and only customer it'll ever have <g>.
You know full well she doesn't stop reading while moving from point A to
point B.