[FLUFF] Repeating the call for teams

1 view

Bill Martin

Dec 20, 2008, 4:57:17 PM12/20/08
It's getting close, so here's another reminder to submit your teams for
the annual New Year's Challenge. A reminder, Easy challenge,
basically, the hard part is writing it. Medium challenge, there are
some options, but poor team choice can ruin it. Hard challenge,
complex, and team choice is essential.

That being said, here's the teams I've seen so far, in no apparent order

- Rob Kelk -

Team Lovely But Dangerous
Chisame - Negima, Yomiko - R.O.D., and Sakura - CCS
Med & Hard Challenge

Team Dangerous But Lovely
Nodoka - Negima, Nancy - R.O.D., and Meilin - CCS
Easy Challenge

- Gerardo Campos -

Team Xalsin
Clef - Rayearth, Tochiro - Harlock, Dai - Dragon Quest
Easy, Med, & Hard Challenge

Team 1900s (omake)
Remi - Remi, Candy Candy - Candy Candy, Pelline - Pelline
Hard Challenge

- Mike -

Team Abject Silliness
Anna, Rosetta, and Leon - KaleidoStar
Easy Challenge

Team Braintrust
Mia, May, and Yuri - KaleidoStar
Medium Challenge

Team Redemption
Sora, Layla, and Ken - KaleidoStar
Hard Challenge

Team Ouran
Kyoya, Mitsukuni, Takashi - Ouran High School Host Club
Hard Challenge

- Dot Warner -

Team Pink
Kirby - SSBM, Vash - Trigun, Sakura - CCS
Easy, Med, & Hard Challenge

Team Unfair Advantage
Seta - Kenshin, Solid Snake - MGS, Zhuge - Dynasty Warriors
Easy, Med, & Hard Challenge

Team Pyrrhic Victory
Sousuke - FMP:F, Legato - Trigun, Xelloss - Slayers
Easy, Med, & Hard Challenge

- Sea Wasp -

Team Munchkins (omake)
Goku - DBZ, Kaos - Yoroiden, Locke - Locke
Easy, Med, & Hard Challenge

Team Technomagic
Bulma - DBZ, Edward - FMA, Honey - Cutey Honey
Easy, Med, & Hard Challenge

Ooookay. If you've posted a team and I haven't seen it, e-mail it to
me. If you've never done one before and want to start out, I suggest
the Easy Challenge this year. It'll get your feet wet, but won't be
brutally judged. Any teams submitted after the Challeges have been
issued on Jan. 1st will be omake by default. Thanks, and have a nerdy
day.

darkst...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2008, 9:33:00 PM12/20/08
On Dec 20, 1:57 pm, Bill Martin <bill_r_mar...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ooookay.  If you've posted a team and I haven't seen it, e-mail it to
> me.  If you've never done one before and want to start out, I suggest
> the Easy Challenge this year.  It'll get your feet wet, but won't be
> brutally judged.  Any teams submitted after the Challeges have been
> issued on Jan. 1st will be omake by default.  Thanks, and have a nerdy
> day.

As a person who has done the last two years, I will redouble his
statement.

The Easy Challenge is usually quite trivial (esp. in comparison to the
other two!), and, often, a good sense of comedy will be quite
sufficient.

Last year, it was basically the creation of the first live action
anime musical.

Two years ago, someone who wanted M&M's (no brown ones), cottage
cheese, and nude pictures of Bea Arthur, or he was going to spay and
neuter all the catboys and catgirls at your convention... (which he
kidnapped)

But I redouble it -- it's not only that he doesn't brutally judge the
Easy ones, they're basically damn near impossible to botch!

Mike

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Dec 26, 2008, 3:31:01 PM12/26/08

Call it futility (after every year) but here goes, I would hope not
too late . . .:

Team Teen/Youth (it's my thing):

Bulma Briefs - DBZ; end of the Namek Arc

Her usual technical genius, just after experiences with alien
technology, without certain romantic attachments complicating things
(i.e. a baby to carry around); with all that, she's pretty hot!

Miroku - Inuyasha; just after ep. 132

One of the more underrated characters in any anime, people just
think
of him as "the pervert with the black hole hand." He's also a trained
Buddhist priest, a master at controlling spirits (especially when he
has his scrolls), quite handy with that big staff of his (go ahead,
cue the obvious jokes), and has deceptive strength and speed
(considering the company he manages to keep up with). On top of that,
quite handsome.

I picked that particular episode because a certain event there
seriously curtailed his legendary libido, not to mention gave him a
great reason to live.

Rock Lee - Naruto; just before his Chunin Exams.

Don't know *that* much about him, but I needed pure muscle, and his
determination and power seemed a perfect combination. The time is
obvious as it just preceded some "severe trauma" he'll experience . .
.

MadPanda

Dec 26, 2008, 8:26:35 PM12/26/08
On Dec 20, 4:57 pm, Bill Martin <bill_r_mar...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> It's getting close, so here's another reminder to submit your teams for
> the annual New Year's Challenge.  A reminder, Easy challenge,
> basically, the hard part is writing it.  Medium challenge, there are
> some options, but poor team choice can ruin it.  Hard challenge,
> complex, and team choice is essential.

For me, the challenge was writing the Medum and Hard Challenges. I
could've aced the Medium, and the Hard would have most likely been a
loss, but I couldn't get either one written. Stupid writer's block!

Let's see what happens this year...

Easy Challenge - Team New York's Funnest
Kurumi, "Steel Angel Kurumi" - Point of Entry: end of first series.
Sumomo, "Chobits" - PeE: End of series (upgraded to 2009 tech)
Glenda, "Petite Princess Yucie" - PoE: End of series.

Prognosis: We've saved hostages! We've made grown men cry! What will
we do next???

Medium Challenge:- Team Makenai!
Karou, Shiro, Aoi, "Zettai Karen Children" - PoE: current episode as
of 1/1/09 (and provided I can release their limiters)

Prognosis - depends on the details, but I think loli power will
prevail!

Hard Challenge - Team Massive Damage
KOS-MOS, "Xenosaga" - PoE: End of anime (using the game version from
Episode III would probably disqualify her).
Ryoko, "Tenchi Muyo" - PoE: End of OVA.
Kogarashi/Meido Guy, "Kanem no Maid Guy" - PoE: End of series
(Subject to change).

Prognosis: Unless Kogarashi overdoes things (as he always does), this
could actually work!

That is all...for now!

MadPanda...(starting with the Hard Challenge this time, in case I get
burned out again!)...

Bill Martin

Dec 28, 2008, 2:40:23 PM12/28/08
On 2008-12-26 14:31:01 -0600, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> said:

> Call it futility (after every year) but here goes, I would hope not
> too late . . .:

Challenges aren't posted yet, so it's not too late. Official entry
deadline is when I post the challenges on New Year's Day, and it
probably won't be the first thing I do that day...

> Team Teen/Youth (it's my thing):
>
> Bulma Briefs - DBZ; end of the Namek Arc

> Miroku - Inuyasha; just after ep. 132

> Rock Lee - Naruto; just before his Chunin Exams.

Gotcha.