Make money at home making fun of anime!!!

Invid Fan

Aug 21, 2008, 11:44:55 AM8/21/08
Branching out where Apple and its Apps store has gone before,
Rifftrax.com is expanding. For those out of the loop, Rifftrax is a
continuation of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 concept with the
second gen cast (Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy, Bill Corbett) plus
occasional guests. For $4 or less you buy the mp3 for a film, sync it
with the dvd, and away you go. Lord of the Rings, Top Gun, 300... loads
of fun :)

Already having expanded the concept a bit with 'Rifftrax Presents'
riffs not involving Nelson, they're now creating 'iRiffs': anyone can
create a mp3 track for a movie, upload it, name their price, and
Rifftrax will sell it for a cut of the action. There's been a lack of
animation done as of yet, so this is a chance for some of you talented
wisecrackers to change that. Dare someone tackle Odin or Grave of the
Fireflies?

http://rifftrax.com/iriffs

--
Chris Mack *quote under construction*
'Invid Fan'

DBBrandell

Aug 21, 2008, 3:06:03 PM8/21/08

My first candidate would be Ghost in the Shell: Innocence. ( I liked
some of it, but most of it was pretty overblown. )

Hmmmm. Maybe we need to start a list, or borrow from one. We must have
done a list of shows that could stand to be lampooned, sometime. >:

And then there's some of the H-shows. After all, the spoofers aren't
actually selling the DVD, just an, um, "enhancement". The mind reels.

From the web site, I take it that sync'ing the mp3 with the DVD can be
done either using just an mp3 player, or with a Windows computer? Just
trying to be sure. The user can start the DVD, and then manually start
the mp3 player, and the synchronization will be reasonably close?
Because the web site says the Windows players has menu advertisements-
_not_ on screen ads, just at the program's main manu, but still
something I don't care for. I think I'll stick to just running the
audio on an mp3 player if I try this.

DBB

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Aug 21, 2008, 4:16:24 PM8/21/08

They usually provide a starting point - like a specific credit,
part of the OP, or even the FBI Warning - to allow for easier
synchronization.

Anime Pulse recently started Aggro Pulse, where they basically do
(or at least plan to) a MISTing of a specific episode from a show.
IIRC, they even use the mid-show eyecatch as another sync-point for
insurance . . .

--
- ReFlex 76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot
girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between
looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Derek Janssen

Aug 21, 2008, 5:37:44 PM8/21/08
DBBrandell wrote:
> Invid Fan wrote:
>
>>Branching out where Apple and its Apps store has gone before,
>>Rifftrax.com is expanding. For those out of the loop, Rifftrax is a
>>continuation of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 concept with the
>>second gen cast (Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy, Bill Corbett) plus
>>occasional guests. For $4 or less you buy the mp3 for a film, sync it
>>with the dvd, and away you go. Lord of the Rings, Top Gun, 300... loads
>>of fun :)

(And other great cheap symbols of the great high-school "Fans of
anything are, like, geeks who go to comic cons and wear funny ears" mythos.)

>>Already having expanded the concept a bit with 'Rifftrax Presents'
>>riffs not involving Nelson, they're now creating 'iRiffs': anyone can
>>create a mp3 track for a movie, upload it, name their price, and
>>Rifftrax will sell it for a cut of the action. There's been a lack of
>>animation done as of yet, so this is a chance for some of you talented
>>wisecrackers to change that. Dare someone tackle Odin or Grave of the
>>Fireflies?
>>
>>http://rifftrax.com/iriffs
>
> My first candidate would be Ghost in the Shell: Innocence. ( I liked
> some of it, but most of it was pretty overblown. )

Well, glad they letting other volunteers riff it, since Mike Nelson's
anime acumen has so far been limited to make-geeks-cry jokes about
tentacles and Sailor Moon...
And Kevin Murphy would be trying to find some way to tie it back into
LOTR and Rennaisance festivals, and then piling on the Japan-scandal
jokes. (And then *maybe*, if he made the effort for research, a DBZ joke.)

But yes, if there was one anime that deserved public ridicule in
hindsight, it was the *other* great "What was Oshii THINKING?? 0_0'' "
catastrophe--
Angel's Egg would be too punishing.

Derek Janssen
eja...@verizon.net

Relic

Aug 21, 2008, 9:50:50 PM8/21/08

Even though I liked it, I could very easily see myself doing a
MSTing of Angel's Egg...or the dub of Silent Service (heh).