Viz, Big Daddy V, how big?

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Jun 14, 2008, 7:13:49 PM6/14/08
Hmmm, some might mistake this for a pro-wrestling thread! ; )

Aaanyway . . . Naruto, Bleach, Inuyasha, Death Note . . . anyone
know just how big these successes have made Viz, specifically their
anime division? Also, with the live-action and manga versions, when
are they getting the anime version of Lovely Complex?

--

- ReFlex76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2008, 8:37:26 PM6/14/08
On Jun 14, 4:13 pm, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:
>    Hmmm, some might mistake this for a pro-wrestling thread! ; )

I don't need any more visuals of that guy's skin folds, thank you.

>    Aaanyway . . . Naruto, Bleach, Inuyasha, Death Note . . . anyone
> know just how big these successes have made Viz, specifically their
> anime division?  Also, with the live-action and manga versions, when
> are they getting the anime version of Lovely Complex?

Viz, for as much as it might surprise, doesn't appear to care much for
the anime -- it's, as I've said a number of times, more their Shonen
Jump _franchises_ at this point. It's one of the reasons I don't see
them as a major licensing player, even though they appeared to be a
couple years or so back. Which is why, if what I've heard rumored is
correct, once was six major licensing players will now be only two.

Mike

Travers Naran

Jun 14, 2008, 10:12:55 PM6/14/08

Viz is owned by two of the big publishers in Japan: Shogakukan and
Shueisha. Viz is merely their licensing and releasing arm in America.

Viz is to Shogakukan and Shueisha as BBC America (formerly Lionheart TV)
is to the BBC.

--
-----
Travers Naran, tnaran at google's mail.com

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2008, 10:43:28 PM6/14/08
Yeah. The point I'm trying to make is that they have no real interest
in anime, per se...

(Which see their abandonment of most of the rest of their non-Shonen
Jump material...)

A year or 18 months ago, they probably felt differently, but, now...

Mike