Anime Rants

Jul 22, 2009, 8:51:20 PM7/22/09
Alright, so a few friends and I have been itching to make a website
for the longest. The website is called Anime Rants and it's pretty
simple. The goal is to rant about anime and post it up on our site so
viewers like you can agree upon or disagree on our thoughts. We just
implemented some forums as well so we can build up a community. We're
pretty much new to this website thing and we could use any help and
support on the design and gaining viewers if anyone out there wants to
help out.

Anyway, check out our site at:
http://animerants.com/

And tell us what you think about it/what we could improve on.
Thanks,

Doug Jacobs

Jul 23, 2009, 1:57:15 PM7/23/09
Anime Rants <anime...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, check out our site at:
> http://animerants.com/
>
> And tell us what you think about it/what we could improve on.
> Thanks,

Rants about what? Anything in particular, or will a certain regular here
end up filling your site with endless rants about the thieving bastiges
the anime fandom has become?

--
It's not broken. It's...advanced.

Starcade

Jul 24, 2009, 1:16:51 AM7/24/09
On Jul 23, 10:57 am, Doug Jacobs <djac...@rawbw.com> wrote:

> Anime Rants <animeran...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anyway, check out our site at:
> >http://animerants.com/
>
> > And tell us what you think about it/what we could improve on.
> > Thanks,
>
> Rants about what?  Anything in particular, or will a certain regular here
> end up filling your site with endless rants about the thieving bastiges
> the anime fandom has become?

I'd hope so. :)

Mike (The truth always hurts the damned like you, Douggie...)

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Jul 24, 2009, 6:34:20 AM7/24/09

(A) You wouldn't know "the truth" if it ran up and bit you in the
nether regions, and

(B) Ranting posts never hurt anyone except the poster, really.

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

The Relic

Jul 25, 2009, 1:45:40 PM7/25/09

I used to have a rant site (The Briefcase Fulla Rant), first attached
to the Home Of The Relic from August 20, 2001, then about 2006 I spun
it off to it's own site. Unfortunately, with the onset of the blogo-
sphere and my own boredom, I could no longer justify the expense
of a separate website and shut it down last year.

Before the onset of blogs, it actually got fairly decent traffic
(shocking in a way that people would find entertainment in seeing
(and sometimes hearing; I sometimes recorded the rant and provided
a clickable link) me rant on any given number of topics), and for
awhile it was fun to write (Ironically my loudest opponent was my
eldest (and very conservative) brother), and was a great way
to vent. But after a few years of writing a weekly column,
people presumably got bored and went on to the blogs and such,
and eventually I got bored as well, so I took the site down.

The Home of the Relic is still up, but it hasn't been updated in
years (right now it just has some anime pics I posted back in
2000, and linked from the Anime Web Turnpike (classic).

My younger sister suggested that I do video rants through
YouTube, and I've been mulling it over...maybe the horror
will return...^_^

Starcade

Jul 25, 2009, 7:31:10 PM7/25/09
On Jul 24, 3:34 am, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"

<seaw...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
> Starcade wrote:
> >> Rants about what?  Anything in particular, or will a certain regular here
> >> end up filling your site with endless rants about the thieving bastiges
> >> the anime fandom has become?
>
> > I'd hope so.  :)
>
> > Mike (The truth always hurts the damned like you, Douggie...)
>
>         (A) You wouldn't know "the truth" if it ran up and bit you in the
> nether regions, and

Unless you are willing to claim that everything coming from the
industry is criminal and civil fraud, what you say there is a lie and
you know it.

>         (B) Ranting posts never hurt anyone except the poster, really.

Why?

Mike

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Jul 25, 2009, 7:38:41 PM7/25/09
Starcade wrote:
> On Jul 24, 3:34 am, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"

>> (B) Ranting posts never hurt anyone except the poster, really.
>
> Why?

Because ranting and raving makes the poster look like a, well, ranting
idiot. And no one takes ranting idiots seriously. So the people ranted
AT look GOOD by comparison; often the target of a full-on rant gets more
positive attention and sympathy than they normally would. The ranter, on
the other hand, gets mocked.

Come now, you should understand this, you've been giving yourself
first-hand experience at utter failure to hurt anyone you've ranted at,
while only hurting yourself. Unless you're actually just putting on an
ACT at being angry and upset, then you're doing yourself mental, if not
physical injury, and you are of course totally destroying yourself as an
online personality.

Mick Hamblen

Jul 25, 2009, 9:46:30 PM7/25/09
In article <h4g5f0$o9f$1...@news.eternal-september.org>, Ryk E. Spoor
<sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:

I've thought about ranting about the waste of subtitler blogs and how
the only use is to kiss their ass. Say something negative and duck for
cover! But you are right that would make me a ranting idiot.

--
----

Starcade

Jul 26, 2009, 3:30:10 AM7/26/09
The only reason I haven't hurt anyone is that you fucks are too
delusional to have a coherent thought between you anymore.

Mike

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Jul 26, 2009, 9:10:56 AM7/26/09
Starcade wrote:
> The only reason I haven't hurt anyone is that you fucks are too
> delusional to have a coherent thought between you anymore.

You see, this just proves the point. If you HAD a coherent argument,
and you presented it AS a coherent argument, people might listen. Of
course, then they wouldn't be HURT by it; they'd either be convinced by
it, or not.

Strange though it may seem, most people don't equate "changed my mind"
with "hurt".

But your presentation above automatically throws the "Bozo Switch" and
so even if you have a point, no one sees it.

Farix

Jul 26, 2009, 9:51:14 AM7/26/09
Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) wrote:
> Starcade wrote:
>> The only reason I haven't hurt anyone is that you fucks are too
>> delusional to have a coherent thought between you anymore.
>>

> You see, this just proves the point. If you HAD a coherent argument,
> and you presented it AS a coherent argument, people might listen. Of
> course, then they wouldn't be HURT by it; they'd either be convinced by
> it, or not.
>
> Strange though it may seem, most people don't equate "changed my
> mind" with "hurt".
>
> But your presentation above automatically throws the "Bozo Switch"
> and so even if you have a point, no one sees it.

Any time you demonize everyone who disagrees with you, you've already
lost the argument. Such tactics are what make _you_ look like a complete
moron who doesn't have a clue as to what they are talking about.

Farix

Rob Kelk

Jul 26, 2009, 10:06:45 AM7/26/09
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 09:51:14 -0400, Farix <dhstr...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) wrote:

<quoted text from someone in my killfile snipped>

>> You see, this just proves the point. If you HAD a coherent argument,
>> and you presented it AS a coherent argument, people might listen. Of
>> course, then they wouldn't be HURT by it; they'd either be convinced by
>> it, or not.
>>
>> Strange though it may seem, most people don't equate "changed my
>> mind" with "hurt".
>>
>> But your presentation above automatically throws the "Bozo Switch"
>> and so even if you have a point, no one sees it.
>
>Any time you demonize everyone who disagrees with you, you've already
>lost the argument. Such tactics are what make _you_ look like a complete
>moron who doesn't have a clue as to what they are talking about.

Ryk doesn't demonize everybody who disagrees with him. (Ryk's never
demonized me, for example.)

Mikey does; he claims everyone in this group other than himself is
delusional.

--
Rob Kelk Personal address (ROT-13): eboxryx -ng- tznvy -qbg- pbz
"Aggresive killfiling. I highly recommend it. It isn't personal;

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Jul 26, 2009, 10:09:45 AM7/26/09
Rob Kelk wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 09:51:14 -0400, Farix <dhstr...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) wrote:
> <quoted text from someone in my killfile snipped>
>>> You see, this just proves the point. If you HAD a coherent argument,
>>> and you presented it AS a coherent argument, people might listen. Of
>>> course, then they wouldn't be HURT by it; they'd either be convinced by
>>> it, or not.
>>>
>>> Strange though it may seem, most people don't equate "changed my
>>> mind" with "hurt".
>>>
>>> But your presentation above automatically throws the "Bozo Switch"
>>> and so even if you have a point, no one sees it.
>> Any time you demonize everyone who disagrees with you, you've already
>> lost the argument. Such tactics are what make _you_ look like a complete
>> moron who doesn't have a clue as to what they are talking about.
>
> Ryk doesn't demonize everybody who disagrees with him. (Ryk's never
> demonized me, for example.)

BURN THE WITCH! ---.... oh, sorry.

Inu-Yasha

Jul 26, 2009, 10:46:45 AM7/26/09

"Rob Kelk" <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote in message

> On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 09:51:14 -0400, Farix <dhstr...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) wrote:
> <quoted text from someone in my killfile snipped>
>>>
>>> You see, this just proves the point. If you HAD a coherent argument,
>>> and you presented it AS a coherent argument, people might listen. Of
>>> course, then they wouldn't be HURT by it; they'd either be convinced by
>>> it, or not.
>>>
>>> Strange though it may seem, most people don't equate "changed my
>>> mind" with "hurt".
>>>
>>> But your presentation above automatically throws the "Bozo Switch"
>>> and so even if you have a point, no one sees it.
>>
>>Any time you demonize everyone who disagrees with you, you've already
>>lost the argument. Such tactics are what make _you_ look like a complete
>>moron who doesn't have a clue as to what they are talking about.
>
> Ryk doesn't demonize everybody who disagrees with him. (Ryk's never
> demonized me, for example.)

I don't think Fairix was directing the post at Sea Wasp, but at Starcade,
I'm never certain, because Starcade aka Darkstar or whatever is in my
killfile so I only see what he says quoted in other's post.

Inu-Yasha
Feh!! ^_^

Farix

Jul 26, 2009, 12:32:57 PM7/26/09
Inu-Yasha wrote:
> "Rob Kelk" <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 09:51:14 -0400, Farix <dhstr...@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) wrote:
>> <quoted text from someone in my killfile snipped>

>>> Any time you demonize everyone who disagrees with you, you've already
>>> lost the argument. Such tactics are what make _you_ look like a complete
>>> moron who doesn't have a clue as to what they are talking about.
>> Ryk doesn't demonize everybody who disagrees with him. (Ryk's never
>> demonized me, for example.)
>>

> I don't think Fairix was directing the post at Sea Wasp, but at Starcade,
> I'm never certain, because Starcade aka Darkstar or whatever is in my
> killfile so I only see what he says quoted in other's post.

Yes, I was very much directing that to Mikey.

Farix

Brian Henderson

Jul 27, 2009, 4:11:15 AM7/27/09
Starcade wrote:
> The only reason I haven't hurt anyone is that you fucks are too
> delusional to have a coherent thought between you anymore.

Hey, you're more than welcome to come try to hurt me. I'd be happy to
put your ass in a wheelchair, then have you taken away for assault.

But you're too much of a pussy for that.

Rob Kelk

Jul 27, 2009, 8:33:52 AM7/27/09
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 12:32:57 -0400, Farix <dhstr...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Ah. My bad, then...

Rob Kelk

Jul 27, 2009, 8:34:55 AM7/27/09
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 10:09:45 -0400, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"
<sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:

>Rob Kelk wrote:

<snip>

>> Ryk doesn't demonize everybody who disagrees with him. (Ryk's never
>> demonized me, for example.)
>
> BURN THE WITCH! ---.... oh, sorry.

I do not weigh the same as a duck.
ObAnime: Nor do I look as good in a tutu as a duck.

--
Rob Kelk Personal address (ROT-13): eboxryx -ng- tznvy -qbg- pbz

"As far as Doug is concerned, "dignity" is just a tragic disease that
other people suffer from."
- Bob Schroeck, talking about his V&V character, 15 March 2005

Chika

Aug 4, 2009, 12:30:13 PM8/4/09
In article <4a6d9eb6...@news.individual.net>,

Rob Kelk <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 10:09:45 -0400, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"
> <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:

> >Rob Kelk wrote:

> <snip>

> >> Ryk doesn't demonize everybody who disagrees with him. (Ryk's never
> >> demonized me, for example.)
> >
> > BURN THE WITCH! ---.... oh, sorry.

> I do not weigh the same as a duck.

That's because he turned you into a newt, isn't it?

> ObAnime: Nor do I look as good in a tutu as a duck.

A duck in a tutu? Oh.. wait.... it all comes back to me now. That's
another anime I've yet to watch!

--
// \// Hazukashii serifu kinshii!!

... 2400 Baud makes you want to get out and push!!

Rob Kelk

Aug 4, 2009, 6:00:53 PM8/4/09
On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 17:30:13 +0100, Chika <miy...@spam-no-way.invalid>
wrote:

>In article <4a6d9eb6...@news.individual.net>,
> Rob Kelk <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 10:09:45 -0400, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"
>> <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> >Rob Kelk wrote:
>
>> <snip>

>> > BURN THE WITCH! ---.... oh, sorry.
>
>> I do not weigh the same as a duck.
>
>That's because he turned you into a newt, isn't it?

... i got better.

>> ObAnime: Nor do I look as good in a tutu as a duck.
>
>A duck in a tutu? Oh.. wait.... it all comes back to me now. That's
>another anime I've yet to watch!

Well, what are you waiting for? Every moment you spend not having
watched "Princes Tutu" is a moment wasted!

--
Rob Kelk <http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/> e-mail: s/deadspam/gmail/
"I'm *not* a kid! Nyyyeaaah!" - Skuld (in "Oh My Goddess!" OAV #3)

Captain Nerd

Aug 4, 2009, 8:49:07 PM8/4/09
In article <4a78af4f...@news.individual.net>,
rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:

> On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 17:30:13 +0100, Chika <miy...@spam-no-way.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <4a6d9eb6...@news.individual.net>,
> > Rob Kelk <rob...@deadspam.com> wrote:

> >> <snip>

> >> ObAnime: Nor do I look as good in a tutu as a duck.

> >A duck in a tutu? Oh.. wait.... it all comes back to me now. That's
> >another anime I've yet to watch!
>
> Well, what are you waiting for? Every moment you spend not having
> watched "Princes Tutu" is a moment wasted!

I certainly hope you're missing an 's' and not an apostrophe...

Cap.

--
Since 1989, recycling old jokes, cliches, and bad puns, one Usenet
post at a time!

Starcade

Aug 4, 2009, 11:31:00 PM8/4/09
On Jul 27, 1:11 am, Brian Henderson

You willing to gamble that much on that one?

I think you're too much of a pussy to make that gamble.

Mike

Starcade

Aug 4, 2009, 11:32:45 PM8/4/09
On Jul 26, 7:06 am, robk...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 09:51:14 -0400, Farix <dhstran...@hotmail.com>

> wrote:
>
> >Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) wrote:

> >Any time you demonize everyone who disagrees with you, you've already
> >lost the argument. Such tactics are what make _you_ look like a complete
> >moron who doesn't have a clue as to what they are talking about.

That assumes, idiot, that what I'm doing is aimed at you. What I
don't want to have happen is the next generation of people to come
along and be deluded like this (lost) generation of anime fans already
has.

> Ryk doesn't demonize everybody who disagrees with him. (Ryk's never
> demonized me, for example.)
>
> Mikey does; he claims everyone in this group other than himself is
> delusional.

Because you _are_. About a lot more than just me...

Mike

Starcade

Aug 4, 2009, 11:33:46 PM8/4/09
On Jul 26, 6:10 am, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"

<seaw...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
> Starcade wrote:
> > The only reason I haven't hurt anyone is that you fucks are too
> > delusional to have a coherent thought between you anymore.
>
>         You see, this just proves the point. If you HAD a coherent argument,
> and you presented it AS a coherent argument, people might listen. Of
> course, then they wouldn't be HURT by it; they'd either be convinced by
> it, or not.

You're assuming that I think you have the intelligence above that of a
Neanderthal.

To actually see it as a coherent argument, you'd actually have to
consider it -- and you ceased considering any strident anti-fansub
argument years ago, because it kills the present anime fandom.

Mike

Rob Kelk

Aug 5, 2009, 8:37:48 AM8/5/09
On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 20:49:07 -0400, Captain Nerd <cpt...@nerdwatch.com>
wrote:

>In article <4a78af4f...@news.individual.net>,
> rob...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 17:30:13 +0100, Chika <miy...@spam-no-way.invalid>
>> wrote:

>> >A duck in a tutu? Oh.. wait.... it all comes back to me now. That's
>> >another anime I've yet to watch!
>>
>> Well, what are you waiting for? Every moment you spend not having
>> watched "Princes Tutu" is a moment wasted!
>
> I certainly hope you're missing an 's' and not an apostrophe...
>
> Cap.

Yes. Yes, it is.

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Aug 5, 2009, 8:38:46 AM8/5/09
Starcade wrote:
> On Jul 27, 1:11 am, Brian Henderson
> <BrianL.Hender...@NOSPAM.verizon.net> wrote:
>> Starcade wrote:
>>> The only reason I haven't hurt anyone is that you fucks are too
>>> delusional to have a coherent thought between you anymore.
>> Hey, you're more than welcome to come try to hurt me. I'd be happy to
>> put your ass in a wheelchair, then have you taken away for assault.
>>
>> But you're too much of a pussy for that.
>
> You willing to gamble that much on that one?

He's invited you to do so. It's your move, not his.

Starcade

Aug 5, 2009, 11:56:12 AM8/5/09
On Aug 5, 5:38 am, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"

<seaw...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
> Starcade wrote:
> > On Jul 27, 1:11 am, Brian Henderson
> > <BrianL.Hender...@NOSPAM.verizon.net> wrote:
> >> Hey, you're more than welcome to come try to hurt me.  I'd be happy to
> >> put your ass in a wheelchair, then have you taken away for assault.
>
> >> But you're too much of a pussy for that.
>
> > You willing to gamble that much on that one?
>
>         He's invited you to do so. It's your move, not his.

I don't jump people the pussy way, like you would.

Mike

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Aug 5, 2009, 12:11:17 PM8/5/09

Translated: You aren't going to "do something about it". You implied
your threat, he called your bluff, you backed down.

This isn't a surprise.

Starcade

Aug 5, 2009, 12:25:06 PM8/5/09
On Aug 5, 9:11 am, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"

<seaw...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
> Starcade wrote:
> > On Aug 5, 5:38 am, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"
> > <seaw...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
> >>         He's invited you to do so. It's your move, not his.
>
> > I don't jump people the pussy way, like you would.
>
>         Translated: You aren't going to "do something about it". You implied
> your threat, he called your bluff, you backed down.
>
>         This isn't a surprise.

1) I don't know where he lives.

2) As I said, I don't jump people the pussy way.

You, evidently, do.

Mike

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Aug 5, 2009, 2:13:33 PM8/5/09
Starcade wrote:
> On Aug 5, 9:11 am, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"
> <seaw...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
>> Starcade wrote:
>>> I don't jump people the pussy way, like you would.
>> Translated: You aren't going to "do something about it". You implied
>> your threat, he called your bluff, you backed down.
>>
>> This isn't a surprise.
>
> 1) I don't know where he lives.

Easily ascertained.

> 2) As I said, I don't jump people the pussy way.

Walking up to his house and knocking, introducing yourself, and asking
him to call his seconds would suffice.

Brian Henderson

Aug 5, 2009, 3:17:29 PM8/5/09
Starcade wrote:

> 1) I don't know where he lives.
>
> 2) As I said, I don't jump people the pussy way.
>
> You, evidently, do.

Want my address, I'd be happy to give it to you. But you're
backpedaling like mad because someone called you on your stupidity and
now you're looking like a complete chickenshit.

Anyone surprised at all?

Chika

Aug 5, 2009, 5:26:17 PM8/5/09
In article <cptnerd-B8FBD9...@news.giganews.com>,

Captain Nerd <cpt...@nerdwatch.com> wrote:
> > >A duck in a tutu? Oh.. wait.... it all comes back to me now. That's
> > >another anime I've yet to watch!
> >
> > Well, what are you waiting for? Every moment you spend not having
> > watched "Princes Tutu" is a moment wasted!

> I certainly hope you're missing an 's' and not an apostrophe...

Now that you mention it... ^^;

Actually, I did see the first ep. on a Newtype cover DVD (gone but not
forgotten!)

--
// \// Hazukashii serifu kinshii!!

... Beware of quantum ducks. Quark! Quark!

Starcade

Aug 5, 2009, 8:15:30 PM8/5/09
On Aug 5, 12:17 pm, Brian Henderson

Then I am calling for your address...

I didn't figure you'd be THAT stupid.

Mike (Guess I forgot the idiocy I am dealing with in you fuckers on
this newsgroup...)

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Aug 5, 2009, 8:19:43 PM8/5/09
Starcade wrote:
> On Aug 5, 12:17 pm, Brian Henderson
> <BrianL.Hender...@NOSPAM.verizon.net> wrote:
>> Starcade wrote:
>>> 1) I don't know where he lives.
>>> 2) As I said, I don't jump people the pussy way.
>>> You, evidently, do.
>> Want my address, I'd be happy to give it to you. But you're
>> backpedaling like mad because someone called you on your stupidity and
>> now you're looking like a complete chickenshit.
>>
>> Anyone surprised at all?
>
> Then I am calling for your address...
>
> I didn't figure you'd be THAT stupid.

And as before, I presume he'll give his address and you will... make a
little noise and do nothing.

Starcade

Aug 5, 2009, 8:21:51 PM8/5/09
On Aug 5, 5:19 pm, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"
<seaw...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
> Starcade wrote:

> > Then I am calling for your address...
>
> > I didn't figure you'd be THAT stupid.
>
>         And as before, I presume he'll give his address and you will... make a
> little noise and do nothing.

We'll see. Just remember that anime is not my entire life, as stolen
anime seems to be you and yours...

But if he wants to try to put my ass in a wheelchair, the day will
come.

Mike

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Aug 5, 2009, 8:27:41 PM8/5/09
Starcade wrote:
> On Aug 5, 5:19 pm, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"
> <seaw...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
>> Starcade wrote:
>
>>> Then I am calling for your address...
>>> I didn't figure you'd be THAT stupid.
>> And as before, I presume he'll give his address and you will... make a
>> little noise and do nothing.
>
> We'll see.

We certainly will. Or won't, as is more likely with you.

Just remember that anime is not my entire life, as stolen
> anime seems to be you and yours...

You know better than that, Dorky. My life is day job writing proposals,
3 (soon to be 4) kids, and writing books for which I get paid (2 more
coming out in 2010). Anime -- legitimately purchased, mind you -- is a
small part of my life, especially these days.

> But if he wants to try to put my ass in a wheelchair, the day will
> come.

Yeah, when you're in a nursing home and he's one of the attendants, maybe.

B Sellers

Aug 5, 2009, 8:44:37 PM8/5/09

And you hate women to use such a work for a sneaky or cowardly
attack.

You are back where?

Brian Henderson

Aug 6, 2009, 4:57:09 PM8/6/09
Starcade wrote:
> On Aug 5, 12:17 pm, Brian Henderson
> <BrianL.Hender...@NOSPAM.verizon.net> wrote:
>> Starcade wrote:
>>> 1) I don't know where he lives.
>>> 2) As I said, I don't jump people the pussy way.
>>> You, evidently, do.
>> Want my address, I'd be happy to give it to you. But you're
>> backpedaling like mad because someone called you on your stupidity and
>> now you're looking like a complete chickenshit.
>>
>> Anyone surprised at all?
>
> Then I am calling for your address...

Then get me an e-mail address to send it to. I'm not going to post it
publically.

> I didn't figure you'd be THAT stupid.

I'm just waiting to see what you do when you actually have it in your
hand and have to pussy out.

Brian Henderson

Aug 6, 2009, 4:58:20 PM8/6/09
Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) wrote:
> Yeah, when you're in a nursing home and he's one of the attendants,
> maybe.

Come on, I'll be in a nursing home far earlier than he will, I'm
probably old enough to be his father.

Starcade

Aug 6, 2009, 5:05:01 PM8/6/09
My e-mail address is already posted on my posts, moron.

Mike (Not that I expect you to know how to read...)

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Aug 6, 2009, 6:41:26 PM8/6/09

I dunno. He was stalking Debbie Gibson, so that puts him roughly in my
demographic, I think.

Brian Henderson

Aug 7, 2009, 4:11:08 PM8/7/09
Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) wrote:
> Brian Henderson wrote:
>> Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) wrote:
>>> Yeah, when you're in a nursing home and he's one of the
>>> attendants, maybe.
>>
>> Come on, I'll be in a nursing home far earlier than he will, I'm
>> probably old enough to be his father.
>
> I dunno. He was stalking Debbie Gibson, so that puts him roughly in
> my demographic, I think.

I dunno, I sat through a really bad movie with Debbie Gibson last night,
Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus and she's looking pretty good actually. :)

Brian Henderson

Aug 7, 2009, 4:11:52 PM8/7/09
Starcade wrote:
> My e-mail address is already posted on my posts, moron.
>
> Mike (Not that I expect you to know how to read...)

Actually, my address is already accessible if you had a clue how to look
for it, you asshat.

Not that I expect you to know how to think...

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Aug 8, 2009, 12:11:44 AM8/8/09

That's *Deborah* Gibson, as stated in the credits!

--

- ReFlex76

Starcade

Aug 8, 2009, 4:57:31 AM8/8/09
On Aug 7, 1:11 pm, Brian Henderson

<BrianL.Hender...@NOSPAM.verizon.net> wrote:
> Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) wrote:
>
> > Brian Henderson wrote:
>
> >> Come on, I'll be in a nursing home far earlier than he will, I'm
> >> probably old enough to be his father.
>
> >     I dunno. He was stalking Debbie Gibson, so that puts him roughly in
> > my demographic, I think.

Still surprised you haven't contacted Funimation and the like about
that.

> I dunno, I sat through a really bad movie with Debbie Gibson last night,
> Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus and she's looking pretty good actually. :)

Talk about something else not making sense... Deborah Gibson as an
oceanographer wanting the Thrilla in Manila between a Shark and an
Octopus with San Francisco as collateral damage...

No wonder it went viral.

Mike

Starcade

Aug 8, 2009, 4:57:58 AM8/8/09
On Aug 7, 1:11 pm, Brian Henderson

Hey, you asked for my e-mail address, and it's right on every one of
my posts, bitch.

Who's backing down here?

Mike

Bobby Clark

Aug 8, 2009, 1:44:13 PM8/8/09

"Antonio E. Gonzalez" <AntE...@aol.com> wrote in message

She went through that John "Couger" thing with the name Debbie.

Bobby

> --
>
> - ReFlex76

Starcade

Aug 8, 2009, 3:49:24 PM8/8/09
On Aug 8, 10:44 am, "Bobby Clark" <bclark@REMOVE4_airmail.net> wrote:
> "Antonio E. Gonzalez" <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote in messagenews:ulup75plcmrjjfctk...@4ax.com...

> >   That's *Deborah* Gibson, as stated in the credits!
>
> She went through that John "Couger" thing with the name Debbie.

Ehh, not quite.

If you can find it, pick up her 1989 autobio " Between the Lines" and
see what she says about the subject...

Mike (Or at least _said_...)

Brian Henderson

Aug 8, 2009, 4:36:20 PM8/8/09

Nobody. Address sent. Feel free to pussy out now.

Starcade

Aug 9, 2009, 1:34:40 PM8/9/09
Fifteen miles, eh?

I'm shocked you haven't contacted my local police department.

It's obvious that you (and most in this newsgroup) want an incident.

As soon as possible, too...

Son, I told you before, the only reason I don't is because I believe
you are more delusional than you believe I am. I have more things
than thieving scum like you to deal with and to do with my life.

But your address is archived. You are the stupidest motherfucker I've
ever seen on the Internet.

You arrogant prick. You think you're going to get better than someone
I would've laid down my life for??

Mike

Brian Henderson

Aug 9, 2009, 3:48:49 PM8/9/09

See? He pussied out. Anyone surprised?

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Aug 9, 2009, 4:56:10 PM8/9/09
Starcade wrote:

"I'm wimping out, just like all of you guys said I would!"

Starcade

Aug 9, 2009, 4:56:52 PM8/9/09
You expected it today. (As I thought your moronic ass would do.)

I'm going to wait and make you think about it.

Mike

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Aug 9, 2009, 5:02:18 PM8/9/09
Brian Henderson wrote:
> Starcade wrote:
>> Fifteen miles, eh?
>>
>> I'm shocked you haven't contacted my local police department.

Why should he, when you're no threat to anyone?

>> It's obvious that you (and most in this newsgroup) want an incident.

Not really, we just want to prove that all your bluster about MAKING an
incident is, in fact, just that, bluster.

Thanks for proving that you are, in fact, nothing but talk on the Internet.

>> As soon as possible, too...
>>
>> Son, I told you before, the only reason I don't is because I believe
>> you are more delusional than you believe I am. I have more things
>> than thieving scum like you to deal with and to do with my life.

Yet if *we* use the same lines, we're wimping out and not "doing
something about" you.

Double standard much?

>> But your address is archived. You are the stupidest motherfucker I've
>> ever seen on the Internet.
>>
>> You arrogant prick. You think you're going to get better than someone
>> I would've laid down my life for??
>
> See? He pussied out. Anyone surprised?

He pussied out in a ROYAL way, too. I mean, you're FIFTEEN MILES AWAY.
He could come get you ON FOOT if he had no car, no bike, and couldn't
afford a taxi. With me, he had the excuse (and make no mistake, that's
all it was, an excuse) that I happen to be across the country from him,
but with you, he's got no excuse.

Just a lot of hot air and trying, desperately, to shout "I'm TOUGH! I'm
TOUGH! REALLY I AM!", even at the exact same moment he's proving that
he's nothing of the sort -- just a wussy little loudmouthed coward.

It's almost disappointing; I mean, you'd think that finding out that
you were THAT close would make him feel obligated to at least *PRETEND*
to try.

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Aug 9, 2009, 6:10:25 PM8/9/09
Starcade wrote:
> You expected it today. (As I thought your moronic ass would do.)
>
> I'm going to wait and make you think about it.

You're going to wait and hope we forget about it so you can claim "I'm
Tough! I'm Tough! Really I Am!" again.

Starcade

Aug 9, 2009, 8:52:30 PM8/9/09
On Aug 9, 3:10 pm, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"

<seaw...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
> Starcade wrote:
> > You expected it today.  (As I thought your moronic ass would do.)
>
> > I'm going to wait and make you think about it.
>
>         You're going to wait and hope we forget about it so you can claim "I'm
> Tough! I'm Tough! Really I Am!" again.

No. It's in play. He has challenged me to a fight between two
consenting adults.

Mike

Derek Janssen

Aug 9, 2009, 10:20:51 PM8/9/09
Starcade wrote:

> No. It's in play. He has challenged me to a fight between two
> consenting adults.

...EWWWWW!! >_<

Derek Janssen (okay, officially too much information)
eja...@verizon.net

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Aug 9, 2009, 11:41:26 PM8/9/09

Not by my interpretation. What he's said is that if you're dumb enough
to come after him, he'll defend himself (and presumably then have you
hauled off for assault and battery). In no way did he, or I for that
matter, "consent" to a fight. Fights are for morons and barbarians. If
some idiot were to come to my house and make it clear he intended to
assault me physically, he'd end up dead via something other than
fisticuffs if he was UNlucky, or just dragged off by the cops if he was
lucky.

I'm a civilized man.

Brian Henderson

Aug 10, 2009, 2:11:30 AM8/10/09

Which is precisely what I said. Mikey is the one who has been issuing
online threats to "kick people's asses" for pirating anime, I gave him a
willing target. He' more than welcome to come after me, but he's going
to end up, on the ground, bleeding, right before the police take him
away for aggravated assault. I won't throw the first punch, I guarantee
I'll throw the last one if it comes to it.

But we all knew Mikey would wuss out because that's what he is. All
talk, no brains and certainly no guts.

Go crawl back in your hole, Mikey. We're all laughing at you.

Starcade

Aug 10, 2009, 6:49:07 AM8/10/09
Who says I'm not going to?

You are.

I'm just at the point where that's the only way this is going to end.
Either you're going to have to literally kick my ass off the Internet,
or I'm going to have to put some sense into you.

Because I am right about you fuckers killing the industry, you are
wrong, and that's the end of the discussion. I don't do this for me
(else I'd already be in prison), and I sure as fuck don't do this for
you! You're gone!!! You cannot be reached. Thievery is the only way
you and most of this newsgroup are anime fans anymore.

AND YOU MAKE ME FUCKING SICK OF ANIME!!

You. Personally and collectively.

Laugh at me at your peril. Go ahead. Just pray we do not meet. Pray
I don't take you up on your offer.

Because, if you're right, I won't be in a wheelchair. I'll be in a
coffin.

Mike

Dave Watson

Aug 10, 2009, 7:06:53 AM8/10/09
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 03:49:07 -0700 (PDT), Starcade wrote:

> Laugh at me at your peril. Go ahead. Just pray we do not meet. Pray
> I don't take you up on your offer.
>
> Because, if you're right, I won't be in a wheelchair. I'll be in a
> coffin.

"I'M NOT TOUGH! I'M NOT TOUGH!! REALLY, I'M NOT!!!"

Sillier cunt.

Watson.

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Aug 10, 2009, 7:37:01 AM8/10/09
Starcade wrote:
> Who says I'm not going to?

You imply it strongly the more you talk.

> Because I am right about you fuckers killing the industry,

You mean those of us who purchase all our anime legitimately like me?
Yeah, yep, that's me, killing the industry one $20 bill at a time.

> you are
> wrong, and that's the end of the discussion. I don't do this for me
> (else I'd already be in prison), and I sure as fuck don't do this for
> you! You're gone!!! You cannot be reached. Thievery is the only way
> you and most of this newsgroup are anime fans anymore.
>
> AND YOU MAKE ME FUCKING SICK OF ANIME!!
>
> You. Personally and collectively.

No. We don't.

You do. You make the choice to roast yourself in your own bile, Starky.

There's plenty of people out there doing things that piss me off,
people in fandoms I happen to like. I choose not to let them bother ME
because that would just cut me off from enjoying stuff.

> Laugh at me at your peril. Go ahead.

You've said this before. IT! IT! RIA!

> Just pray we do not meet. Pray
> I don't take you up on your offer.

There's no prayer involved here.

> Because, if you're right, I won't be in a wheelchair. I'll be in a
> coffin.

No, if he's right, you'll come to take a poke at him, he'll take you
down, and they'll drag you off, alive.

Rob Kelk

Aug 10, 2009, 8:20:43 AM8/10/09
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 07:37:01 -0400, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"
<sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:

<snip>

> There's plenty of people out there doing things that piss me off,
>people in fandoms I happen to like. I choose not to let them bother ME
>because that would just cut me off from enjoying stuff.

Quoted for truth.

<snip>

And the easiest way to not let somebody bother me is mention in the
following .sig...
--
Rob Kelk Personal address (ROT-13): eboxryx -ng- tznvy -qbg- pbz
"Aggresive killfiling. I highly recommend it. It isn't personal;
there's just a limited number of hours in the day."
- Russ Allbery (<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>), in message
<yl66l68...@windlord.stanford.edu>

Derek Janssen

Aug 10, 2009, 12:28:21 PM8/10/09
Starcade wrote:

> Laugh at me at your peril. Go ahead. Just pray we do not meet. Pray
> I don't take you up on your offer.
>
> Because, if you're right, I won't be in a wheelchair. I'll be in a
> coffin.

...Yeah, he might FALL on you! ;)

(It is rather odd when Starky loses track of whether he's using "I'll
beat you up" or "You'll be sorry when I'm dead!"... 0_o?? )

Derek Janssen (some strategies just can't be wielded at the same time)
eja...@verizon.net

Brian Henderson

Aug 10, 2009, 1:21:43 PM8/10/09
Starcade wrote:
> Who says I'm not going to?
>
> You are.

*Yawn*

Put up or shut up you fucking freak. Your empty threats are boring.

Starcade

Aug 10, 2009, 4:23:11 PM8/10/09
On Aug 10, 10:21 am, Brian Henderson

In MY time, bitch.

Mike

Starcade

Aug 10, 2009, 4:45:12 PM8/10/09
On Aug 10, 5:20 am, robk...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 07:37:01 -0400, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"
>
> <seaw...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> >    There's plenty of people out there doing things that piss me off,
> >people in fandoms I happen to like. I choose not to let them bother ME
> >because that would just cut me off from enjoying stuff.

That would work, except for ONE problem...

Anime ain't cheap, idiot (Sea Wasp).

Your actions impact what gets made.

Your actions impact the kinds of anime which get made, moron.

Your actions impact the selection of anime which is out there.

You (and this is quite the collective statement) seem to believe that
everything happens in a vacuum. You seem to believe that, regardless
of anything you do, anime will continue to exist, completely unabated,
without any care in the world.

Forget that the number of series spring 2007 -> 2009 has halved (and
be lucky it's only _that_ -- once the latest economic situation hits,
as I've told you time and again, it will disintegrate the corpse
you've created).

Your actions impact what I have the opportunity to enjoy. If you
don't like that, I just chalk that up to a further delusion.

If the actions you (personally and collectively) were in any degree of
"good faith" vis-a-vis the industry, then this could all be chalked up
to "market forces". What's going on now is the exact equivalent of
what would happen to the video game industry if piracy of that ever
finished off what we all know they've been trying to do (and would
succeed if they could mass-produce the hacked consoles, etc.) - there
would be NO MORE VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY.

And the way I hear people like you (personally, Sea Wasp) talk about
it, you seem to think that (and the death of "hard copy") is a _GOOD
THING_. FUCK -- YOU.

"Hard Copy" is the only thing making it worth it for you to be an
author. There's zero chance of you being able to recoup any kind of
recompense which would make it worth your time otherwise! I've heard
it quoted (and I forget who did the quote) who basically said that the
only creative works left would be vanity pieces for the ego-stroking
of the author.

You seem to believe that the best course for anime would be to
severely slice the price even further than it is now. Who's going to
work under those conditions? The wages these people are getting are
barely enough to eat with.

(Since you're going to think I'm talking out of my ass with that, I'll
let The Japan Times provide some background:
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20090304f1.html )

Frankly, you're terrorists to the anime industry.

> Quoted for truth.

Except, of course, it's not.

> And the easiest way to not let somebody bother me is mention in the
> following .sig...
> --
> Rob Kelk      Personal address (ROT-13): eboxryx -ng- tznvy -qbg- pbz
> "Aggresive killfiling.  I highly recommend it.  It isn't personal;
> there's just a limited number of hours in the day."

Well, I'm still waiting for your lawyers too, Rob.

Mike

Derek Janssen

Aug 10, 2009, 4:45:20 PM8/10/09

"I'll fight you when I FEEL like it!"

(Oh, yeah, try *that* one on the playground sometime...) ;)

Derek Janssen (it's almost as threatening as "Oh, yeah, what if I was
dead??")
eja...@verizon.net

darthmark

Aug 10, 2009, 5:26:39 PM8/10/09
ITT: we pretend we're 12 years old.

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Aug 10, 2009, 5:52:15 PM8/10/09
Starcade wrote:
> On Aug 10, 5:20 am, robk...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:
>> On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 07:37:01 -0400, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"
>>
>> <seaw...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> There's plenty of people out there doing things that piss me off,
>>> people in fandoms I happen to like. I choose not to let them bother ME
>>> because that would just cut me off from enjoying stuff.
>
> That would work, except for ONE problem...
>
> Anime ain't cheap, idiot (Sea Wasp).

Yeah, I know.

> Your actions impact what gets made.

My actions such as purchasing anime? Yep.

> You (and this is quite the collective statement) seem to believe that
> everything happens in a vacuum. You seem to believe that, regardless
> of anything you do, anime will continue to exist, completely unabated,
> without any care in the world.

No. I believe that something that will entertain me will exist, and
that if there's a demand for anime, someone will produce it. If anime
collapses tomorrow, it's no big deal for me directly; I've got other
things in my life.

Which is of course WHY it doesn't bother me, particularly, if anime, or
any other single source of entertainment, disappears. My life is not
FOCUSED on it. I pay for the anime I watch. I can't control other
people's actions, and the industry itself has been its own main problem;
the downloaders, despite your frothing moronic rants, aren't the problem.

> Well, I'm still waiting for your lawyers too, Rob.

His lawyers will call you the VERY MINUTE you actually "DO SOMETHING",
moron.

But for all your big talk, you're no more going to actually do anything
than I am, and for the same reason; it's not worth your time and effort.

The difference being that I've never pretended you WERE worth doing
anything about except laughing at.

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Aug 10, 2009, 5:53:49 PM8/10/09

Like I said. You'll wait and hope we forget about it.

Starcade

Aug 10, 2009, 6:56:27 PM8/10/09
On Aug 10, 1:45 pm, Derek Janssen <ejan...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
> Starcade wrote:
> > On Aug 10, 10:21 am, Brian Henderson
> > <BrianL.Hender...@NOSPAM.verizon.net> wrote:
> >> *Yawn*
>
> >> Put up or shut up you fucking freak.  Your empty threats are boring.
>
> > In MY time, bitch.
>
> "I'll fight you when I FEEL like it!"

In the immortal words of Edward Elric, to try to keep some ObAnime:

"Damn Right!"

and

"Screw You!!"

Mike

Starcade

Aug 10, 2009, 6:57:10 PM8/10/09
On Aug 10, 2:26 pm, darthmark <mmalaba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ITT: we pretend we're 12 years old.

I don't think a lot of you _pretend_...

Mike (You truly believe you're 12 years old...)

Rob Kelk

Aug 10, 2009, 7:05:01 PM8/10/09
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:52:15 -0400, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"
<sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

> No. I believe that something that will entertain me will exist, and
>that if there's a demand for anime, someone will produce it. If anime
>collapses tomorrow, it's no big deal for me directly; I've got other
>things in my life.
>
> Which is of course WHY it doesn't bother me, particularly, if anime, or
>any other single source of entertainment, disappears. My life is not
>FOCUSED on it. I pay for the anime I watch. I can't control other
>people's actions, and the industry itself has been its own main problem;
>the downloaders, despite your frothing moronic rants, aren't the problem.

I doubt that anime will disappear. I remember the last anime-industry
contraction; the only thing different about this one is that there's a
North American direct-sales anime-translation industry as well now
(which there wasn't last time). The two industries, while connected, are
not identical.

If the NA direct-sales anime-translation industry disappears - and
that's a mighty big "if" - there'll still be an anime industry. (For
that matter, you can play the same Blu-Ray discs in North America and
Japan; there's less need *for* a NA direct-sales anime-translation
industry now.)

<SNIP>

> His lawyers will call you the VERY MINUTE you actually "DO SOMETHING",
>moron.

More specifically, they'll call if he does something actionable. No
point in starting an extradition proceeding if there's no case, and his
lack of credibility here means there's no case while it's just words
with his name on them posted on r.a.a.misc.

> But for all your big talk, you're no more going to actually do anything
>than I am, and for the same reason; it's not worth your time and effort.
>
> The difference being that I've never pretended you WERE worth doing
>anything about except laughing at.

Well, I had some intangibles to protect; I didn't have that luxury at
the time.

--
Rob Kelk Personal address (ROT-13): eboxryx -ng- tznvy -qbg- pbz
"Aggresive killfiling. I highly recommend it. It isn't personal;
there's just a limited number of hours in the day."

Starcade

Aug 10, 2009, 7:21:42 PM8/10/09
On Aug 10, 2:52 pm, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"
<seaw...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
> Starcade wrote:

> > That would work, except for ONE problem...
>
> > Anime ain't cheap, idiot (Sea Wasp).
>
>         Yeah, I know.

No, I don't think you do, since you have complete disbelief in
everything I say.

> > Your actions impact what gets made.
>
>         My actions such as purchasing anime? Yep.

Purchasing one does not excuse stealing fifty. Purchasing one does
not excuse encouraging stealing fifty.

(And there are those who believe that the ratio stolen-to-bought is
20-1 at minimum, if not upwards of 50-1.)

> > You (and this is quite the collective statement) seem to believe that
> > everything happens in a vacuum.  You seem to believe that, regardless
> > of anything you do, anime will continue to exist, completely unabated,
> > without any care in the world.
>
>         No. I believe that something that will entertain me will exist, and

And that's your first delusion. Something that will entertain you
will exist iff (IF AND ONLY IF) it is able to be made in an economic
reality which will allow the people who make it to continue to make
it.

The only worth of an artist is if they can make enough money to
continue to create their art (whatever it might be). Otherwise, it's
not only a waste of time, but of resources -- and that no longer can
happen after a certain point (I point you back to the previously
referenced Japan Times article).

Anime won't exist because you want it to and feel entertained by it.
Hell, if that were the case, there'd have been at least two more
series of Kaleido Star.

> that if there's a demand for anime, someone will produce it.

There's your second delusion.

There's a demand for anime. More, now, than ever...

One of the greatest moronic canards the "ANIME IS WELL! ALL IS WELL!"
brigade point to is the exploding convention attendance.

The only reason 90%+ of the people who attend a convention are
interested in anime is because they stole the fucking shit. And they
act like it in front of the people who make it -- Japanese and
American!

But here's the rub: The demand for anime is the demand for absolute
ownership and control of anime.

The moment the rightful demand for recompense is made, the demand goes
to essentially zero. The demand for anime is contingent on it's
theft.

Until you get that, you have no clue going forward.

> If anime collapses tomorrow, it's no big deal for me directly; I've got other
> things in my life.

And your callous attitude towards it indicates you could care less
whether anime dies.

In fact, I think you want it to. Literally, the "If I can't own you,
no one will." situation.

>         Which is of course WHY it doesn't bother me, particularly, if anime, or
> any other single source of entertainment, disappears. My life is not
> FOCUSED on it. I pay for the anime I watch. I can't control other
> people's actions, and the industry itself has been its own main problem;

There's your third delusion.

The only thing the industry has failed in is not driving the non-
paying fans out and suing the fucking lot.

Anime fans rob the industry of several times it's annual sales volume
a year, and the INDUSTRY is the fucking problem?

What planet did you drop from, and was the lobotomy painful??

There aren't many things some of us can enjoy, thanks to what people
like you and your callous fucking attitudes have turned this world
into (which is nothing compared to what even more callous types are
going to turn it into in very short order).

> the downloaders, despite your frothing moronic rants, aren't the problem.

Then there IS NO INDUSTRY.

None.

Zero.

Nada.

Zilch.

There is no industry, at that point. No industry has the RIGHT to
exist.

In fact, one could take court actions, claiming the entire existence
of the right to sell anime, at that point, would be material fraud.

The entire point of there being any industry at all is the ENFORCEMENT
of a sales point that people must pay for to be able to enjoy the
product. Otherwise, there is nothing left.

> > Well, I'm still waiting for your lawyers too, Rob.
>
>         His lawyers will call you the VERY MINUTE you actually "DO SOMETHING",
> moron.

I already have, in his eyes. I've libelled/slandered him, in his
opinion.

I'm just waiting for the fucking lawsuit.

>         But for all your big talk, you're no more going to actually do anything
> than I am, and for the same reason; it's not worth your time and effort.

And there's your final delusion.

I'm tougher and more dangerous now than I was 11 years ago. And I was
adjudged then to basically be prepared to kill anyone at any time.

Just as I believe you are terrorists to the anime industry, you are
going to have to accept I am a terrorist to it's illegal fandom.

>         The difference being that I've never pretended you WERE worth doing
> anything about except laughing at.

Well, I AM tough -- I really am.

You don't like it? Nine-one-one, cunt.

Mike

Invid Fan

Aug 10, 2009, 7:26:03 PM8/10/09
In article <4a80a529...@news.individual.net>, Rob Kelk
<rob...@deadspam.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:52:15 -0400, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"
> <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>
> > No. I believe that something that will entertain me will exist, and
> >that if there's a demand for anime, someone will produce it. If anime
> >collapses tomorrow, it's no big deal for me directly; I've got other
> >things in my life.
> >
> > Which is of course WHY it doesn't bother me, particularly, if anime, or
> >any other single source of entertainment, disappears. My life is not
> >FOCUSED on it. I pay for the anime I watch. I can't control other
> >people's actions, and the industry itself has been its own main problem;
> >the downloaders, despite your frothing moronic rants, aren't the problem.
>
> I doubt that anime will disappear. I remember the last anime-industry
> contraction; the only thing different about this one is that there's a
> North American direct-sales anime-translation industry as well now
> (which there wasn't last time). The two industries, while connected, are
> not identical.

Unless the last crash was pre 1988 or so, there was at least a small
direct-sales anime-translation industry.

However, you're right that "anime" won't disappear. The term just means
animation, and there will always be some market for animation in some
form in Japan. We've seen many ups and down in animation here in the
US, at times reduced to one movie studio (Disney) and maybe one or two
studios doing TV work, and still the market eventually recovered.
There's no reason to think Japan would be any different.

--
Chris Mack *quote under construction*
'Invid Fan'

Starcade

Aug 10, 2009, 7:27:13 PM8/10/09
On Aug 10, 4:05 pm, robk...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:

> I doubt that anime will disappear. I remember the last anime-industry
> contraction; the only thing different about this one is that there's a
> North American direct-sales anime-translation industry as well now
> (which there wasn't last time). The two industries, while connected, are
> not identical.

But the second relies on the first.

The anime-translation industry, in and of itself, requires (if not
actually, near) six figures an episode.

> If the NA direct-sales anime-translation industry disappears - and
> that's a mighty big "if" - there'll still be an anime industry. (For
> that matter, you can play the same Blu-Ray discs in North America and
> Japan; there's less need *for* a NA direct-sales anime-translation
> industry now.)

In fact, I think you'd like it to die.

> >    His lawyers will call you the VERY MINUTE you actually "DO SOMETHING",
> >moron.
>
> More specifically, they'll call if he does something actionable. No
> point in starting an extradition proceeding if there's no case, and his
> lack of credibility here means there's no case while it's just words
> with his name on them posted on r.a.a.misc.

So, basically since the truth is what you all believe it to be (truth
by consensus), what actually IS going on is of no concern to you.

Mr. Kelk: I want the name and address (and that of the legal counsel)
of the party which gave you a security clearance, because I have
information that they may want to know -- information you have posted
here regarding your fansub conduct.

Mike

Starcade

Aug 10, 2009, 7:32:23 PM8/10/09
On Aug 10, 4:26 pm, Invid Fan <in...@loclanet.com> wrote:

> However, you're right that "anime" won't disappear. The term just means
> animation, and there will always be some market for animation in some
> form in Japan. We've seen many ups and down in animation here in the
> US, at times reduced to one movie studio (Disney) and maybe one or two
> studios doing TV work, and still the market eventually recovered.
> There's no reason to think Japan would be any different.

How are they going to recover their cost?

Until you can answer that question in a reasoned manner, I do firmly
believe that "anime" will disappear -- that no more animation will be
made from Japan because there will be no economic basis which will
allow it.

In fact, that's becoming the case, more and more, _NOW_. (Which see
the previously referenced Japan Times article --
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20090304f1.html)

Mike

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Aug 10, 2009, 7:43:03 PM8/10/09
Starcade wrote:

> I'm tougher and more dangerous now than I was 11 years ago.

IT! IT! RIA!

> And I was
> adjudged then to basically be prepared to kill anyone at any time.

If you really were, what're you doing out? Wuss.

> Just as I believe you are terrorists to the anime industry, you are
> going to have to accept I am a terrorist to it's illegal fandom.

I'm not afraid of terrorists, unlike most of the pansy country.

>> The difference being that I've never pretended you WERE worth doing
>> anything about except laughing at.
>
> Well, I AM tough -- I really am.

No. No you're not. You're a pathetic loser who could be the size of
Alex Louis Armstrong, and you'd STILL be a complete wuss.

> You don't like it? Nine-one-one, cunt.

Whenever you DO something to make anyone CALL it, moron. Talking
doesn't cut it.

Brian Henderson

Aug 10, 2009, 8:21:46 PM8/10/09
Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) wrote:
> Starcade wrote:
>> On Aug 10, 10:21 am, Brian Henderson
>> <BrianL.Hender...@NOSPAM.verizon.net> wrote:
>>> *Yawn*
>>>
>>> Put up or shut up you fucking freak. Your empty threats are boring.
>>
>> In MY time, bitch.
>
> Like I said. You'll wait and hope we forget about it.

Was there ever any doubt?

Besides, I don't think his mommy will let him go.

Invid Fan

Aug 10, 2009, 8:59:25 PM8/10/09
In article
<78685596-3316-442a...@u20g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
Starcade <darkst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 10, 4:26�pm, Invid Fan <in...@loclanet.com> wrote:
>
> > However, you're right that "anime" won't disappear. The term just means
> > animation, and there will always be some market for animation in some
> > form in Japan. We've seen many ups and down in animation here in the
> > US, at times reduced to one movie studio (Disney) and maybe one or two
> > studios doing TV work, and still the market eventually recovered.
> > There's no reason to think Japan would be any different.
>
> How are they going to recover their cost?

The same way it is done with anything live action. Either both die or
both survive in some manor, as there really is no difference so far as
the consumer or sponsors are concerned.

> Until you can answer that question in a reasoned manner, I do firmly
> believe that "anime" will disappear -- that no more animation will be
> made from Japan because there will be no economic basis which will
> allow it.

So, nothing from half hour toy commercials to big budget studio motion
pictures will exist. You won't even have US style animation, where the
storyboards are animated domestically and the actual animation is
farmed overseas. If it happens, it happens. At least the US animation
scene is doing well.

Rob Kelk

Aug 10, 2009, 10:12:55 PM8/10/09
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 16:27:13 -0700 (PDT), Starcade
<darkst...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Aug 10, 4:05=A0pm, robk...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:
>

>> I doubt that anime will disappear. I remember the last anime-industry
>> contraction; the only thing different about this one is that there's a
>> North American direct-sales anime-translation industry as well now
>> (which there wasn't last time). The two industries, while connected, are
>> not identical.
>
>But the second relies on the first.
>
>The anime-translation industry, in and of itself, requires (if not
>actually, near) six figures an episode.

Irrelevant.

>> If the NA direct-sales anime-translation industry disappears - and
>> that's a mighty big "if" - there'll still be an anime industry. (For
>> that matter, you can play the same Blu-Ray discs in North America and
>> Japan; there's less need *for* a NA direct-sales anime-translation
>> industry now.)
>
>In fact, I think you'd like it to die.

Your posting history here indicates that you think many incorrect
things; I am not surprised that this is no different.

>> > =A0 =A0His lawyers will call you the VERY MINUTE you actually "DO SOMETHING",

>> >moron.
>>
>> More specifically, they'll call if he does something actionable. No
>> point in starting an extradition proceeding if there's no case, and his
>> lack of credibility here means there's no case while it's just words
>> with his name on them posted on r.a.a.misc.
>
>So, basically since the truth is what you all believe it to be (truth
>by consensus), what actually IS going on is of no concern to you.

As I already said, your posting history here indicates that you think
many incorrect things. This is an example.

>Mr. Kelk: I want the name and address (and that of the legal counsel)
>of the party which gave you a security clearance, because I have
>information that they may want to know -- information you have posted
>here regarding your fansub conduct.

That information is legally available only to citizens of Canada or
permanent residents (within the meaning of subsection 2(1) of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act) of Canada, and even then only if
provision of said information does not violate section 16(1)(b) of the
Access to Information Act. If you are a citizen or permanent resident of
Canada, you may follow the procedure set forth in the Access to
Information Act to attempt to gain the information you want.

Followups Set.
--
Rob Kelk
Personal address, in ROT-13: eboxryx -ng- tznvy -qbg- pbz

Rob Kelk

Aug 10, 2009, 10:17:10 PM8/10/09
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 19:26:03 -0400, Invid Fan <in...@loclanet.com>
wrote:

>In article <4a80a529...@news.individual.net>, Rob Kelk
><rob...@deadspam.com> wrote:

<snip>

>> I doubt that anime will disappear. I remember the last anime-industry
>> contraction; the only thing different about this one is that there's a
>> North American direct-sales anime-translation industry as well now
>> (which there wasn't last time). The two industries, while connected, are
>> not identical.
>>
>Unless the last crash was pre 1988 or so, there was at least a small
>direct-sales anime-translation industry.

"Contraction", not "crash". And, yes, it was pre-1985.

>However, you're right that "anime" won't disappear. The term just means
>animation, and there will always be some market for animation in some
>form in Japan. We've seen many ups and down in animation here in the
>US, at times reduced to one movie studio (Disney) and maybe one or two
>studios doing TV work, and still the market eventually recovered.
>There's no reason to think Japan would be any different.

Exactly. When the next boom comes around, more studios will open up.
When the contraction after that boom comes, some studios will close,
including some big-name studios. But the industry as a whole
continues...

--
Rob Kelk <http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/> e-mail: s/deadspam/gmail/
"I'm *not* a kid! Nyyyeaaah!" - Skuld (in "Oh My Goddess!" OAV #3)
"When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear
of childishness and the desire to be very grown-up." - C.S. Lewis

Invid Fan

Aug 10, 2009, 10:53:02 PM8/10/09
In article <4a80d412...@news.individual.net>, Rob Kelk
<rob...@deadspam.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 19:26:03 -0400, Invid Fan <in...@loclanet.com>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <4a80a529...@news.individual.net>, Rob Kelk
> ><rob...@deadspam.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> >> I doubt that anime will disappear. I remember the last anime-industry
> >> contraction; the only thing different about this one is that there's a
> >> North American direct-sales anime-translation industry as well now
> >> (which there wasn't last time). The two industries, while connected, are
> >> not identical.
> >>
> >Unless the last crash was pre 1988 or so, there was at least a small
> >direct-sales anime-translation industry.
>
> "Contraction", not "crash". And, yes, it was pre-1985.

Was it the same wave that hit live action studios? I know in the early
70's the Japanese studio system collapsed, and I can see that taking
down not only their animation departments but any independents (much as
the ending of theatrical shorts closed animation departments at MGM and
WB).

Starcade

Aug 11, 2009, 2:16:05 AM8/11/09
On Aug 10, 5:21 pm, Brian Henderson

Let's just say my mom died years ago.

Try again.

MY time, bitch.

Mike

Starcade

Aug 11, 2009, 2:20:05 AM8/11/09
On Aug 10, 4:43 pm, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"

<seaw...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
> Starcade wrote:
> > I'm tougher and more dangerous now than I was 11 years ago.
>
>         IT! IT! RIA!

Yep.

> >  And I was
> > adjudged then to basically be prepared to kill anyone at any time.
>
>         If you really were, what're you doing out? Wuss.

I think, if you asked more than a few people about it, they'd ask the
same question. I'd start with Cathy Harris, then-Assistant District
Attorney in the State of New York.

(I hope I got the spelling right.)

I'd then start going back to many of my college acquaintances, at
least three state police organizations, and the FBI.

> > Just as I believe you are terrorists to the anime industry, you are
> > going to have to accept I am a terrorist to it's illegal fandom.
>
>         I'm not afraid of terrorists, unlike most of the pansy country.

Because you are one (at least to the anime industry).

> >>         The difference being that I've never pretended you WERE worth doing
> >> anything about except laughing at.
>
> > Well, I AM tough -- I really am.
>
>         No. No you're not. You're a pathetic loser who could be the size of
> Alex Louis Armstrong, and you'd STILL be a complete wuss.

And this coming from a complete liar cunt. OK.

> > You don't like it?  Nine-one-one, cunt.
>
>         Whenever you DO something to make anyone CALL it, moron. Talking
> doesn't cut it.

I think you better take another look at who you are dealing with.

Mike (Actually, for what I've been accused of doing, it is more than
sufficient.)

Starcade

Aug 11, 2009, 2:21:46 AM8/11/09
On Aug 10, 5:59 pm, Invid Fan <in...@loclanet.com> wrote:
> In article
> <78685596-3316-442a-9479-d84ae7138...@u20g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,

> Starcade <darkstar7...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Aug 10, 4:26 pm, Invid Fan <in...@loclanet.com> wrote:
>
> > > However, you're right that "anime" won't disappear. The term just means
> > > animation, and there will always be some market for animation in some
> > > form in Japan. We've seen many ups and down in animation here in the
> > > US, at times reduced to one movie studio (Disney) and maybe one or two
> > > studios doing TV work, and still the market eventually recovered.
> > > There's no reason to think Japan would be any different.
>
> > How are they going to recover their cost?
>
> The same way it is done with anything live action. Either both die or
> both survive in some manor, as there really is no difference so far as
> the consumer or sponsors are concerned.

Especially given how at least live-action anime remakes seem to be
doing, I'll place my bet on both dying.

> > Until you can answer that question in a reasoned manner, I do firmly
> > believe that "anime" will disappear -- that no more animation will be
> > made from Japan because there will be no economic basis which will
> > allow it.
>
> So, nothing from half hour toy commercials to big budget studio motion
> pictures will exist. You won't even have US style animation, where the
> storyboards are animated domestically and the actual animation is
> farmed overseas. If it happens, it happens. At least the US animation
> scene is doing well.

That farming is a lot of what you have now. Which see many of the
Koreans involved.

Mike

Starcade

Aug 11, 2009, 2:33:27 AM8/11/09
I'll follow up this far to the newsgroup because you said something
really foolish (not the part about yourself and the FoA to Canadians
-- I'm not and am probably legally barred from entering Canada
permanently), and I'm calling you on the stuff about the industry in
general.

On Aug 10, 7:12 pm, robk...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 16:27:13 -0700 (PDT), Starcade
>

> <darkstar7...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Aug 10, 4:05=A0pm, robk...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:
>
> >> I doubt that anime will disappear. I remember the last anime-industry
> >> contraction; the only thing different about this one is that there's a
> >> North American direct-sales anime-translation industry as well now
> >> (which there wasn't last time). The two industries, while connected, are
> >> not identical.
>
> >But the second relies on the first.
>
> >The anime-translation industry, in and of itself, requires (if not
> >actually, near) six figures an episode.
>
> Irrelevant.

So the actual cost of creation of anime is _IRRELEVANT TO YOU_??

What a fool.

You see, Rob, this is why I see you as what you are: You don't care
that this costs immense amounts of money to create and make. That's
_IRRELEVANT_ to you. If the estimates are correct, 18 months ago, the
average single episode of anime, according to an animeanime report,
cost $130,000.

That's about $1.7M just to make the anime for 13 episodes. That makes
a show like Kaleido Star or Full Moon a (nearly) SEVEN MILLION DOLLAR
project.

($45-85K to ADR (American), etc., which was estimated at half the
Japanese cost of making it...)

Of which the animators are almost starved, by the by...

Again, I point to the numerous references I have given of Japanese
studios coming hat in hand for the Americans to help them finish the
damn project in exchange for the licensing rights.

But you don't give a shit, because it's irrelevant to you.

> >> If the NA direct-sales anime-translation industry disappears - and
> >> that's a mighty big "if" - there'll still be an anime industry. (For
> >> that matter, you can play the same Blu-Ray discs in North America and
> >> Japan; there's less need *for* a NA direct-sales anime-translation
> >> industry now.)
>
> >In fact, I think you'd like it to die.
>
> Your posting history here indicates that you think many incorrect
> things; I am not surprised that this is no different.

I think you just proved me right in that statement. If you care so
little about the cost of creation of anime that it is irrelevant to
you, then I submit you DO want it all to die.

If you cared one whit about it, you'd see fansubbing (especially in
the last three years or so) as the destructive terrorist force it is.

Mike

Starcade

Aug 11, 2009, 2:34:48 AM8/11/09
On Aug 10, 7:17 pm, robk...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:

> Exactly. When the next boom comes around, more studios will open up.
> When the contraction after that boom comes, some studios will close,
> including some big-name studios. But the industry as a whole
> continues...

Baka.

No, seriously...

Where is the money for the "next boom" going to come from? Trees??
Grow on trees? Dump out of helicopters over Tokyo?? Come out of your
ass like the green shoot theory???

Come on...

Mike

Brian Henderson

Aug 11, 2009, 3:57:53 AM8/11/09
Starcade wrote:
> Let's just say my mom died years ago.

Died of embarassment about you, I'm sure.

> Try again.
>
> MY time, bitch.

Sure. And here the net cameras I have rolling on my property, just so I
can use it as evidence against you, are going to gather dust. But
they'll keep on rolling forever if that's what it takes.

What a fucking wuss.

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Aug 11, 2009, 7:31:52 AM8/11/09
Starcade wrote:
> On Aug 10, 4:43 pm, "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)"
> <seaw...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
>> Starcade wrote:
>>> I'm tougher and more dangerous now than I was 11 years ago.
>> IT! IT! RIA!
>
> Yep.

No. No, you're not.

You see, YOU were the one who kept asserting the basic barbarian creed:
"If you MEANT it you'd DO SOMETHING!".

You are now the one who, called on his bluff, is saying "Umm... Yeah,
I'll do something... Sometime... Maybe... BUT YOU'D BETTER WATCH OUT!"

And you blather on and on and on about how tough people thought you
were, ten, fifteen years ago. You know what? No one cares. Because it's
your actions NOW that tell us what you are.

But enough. I'm done responding to you as of this message, because
you've become not only BORING, but HYPOCRITICALLY boring. You want
everyone else to "DO SOMETHING" or else they don't really mean anything
they say, but let anyone ask YOU to "DO SOMETHING" and you blather and
wave your hands and give nebulous "MY TIME, BITCH" answers.

You're not even an AMUSING loon any more.

Bye-bye, loser.

Rob Kelk

Aug 11, 2009, 8:03:07 AM8/11/09
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 23:33:27 -0700 (PDT), Starcade
<darkst...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'll follow up this far to the newsgroup because you said something
>really foolish (not the part about yourself and the FoA to Canadians
>-- I'm not and am probably legally barred from entering Canada
>permanently), and I'm calling you on the stuff about the industry in
>general.
>

>On Aug 10, 7:12=A0pm, robk...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:
>> On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 16:27:13 -0700 (PDT), Starcade
>>
>> <darkstar7...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >But the second relies on the first.
>>
>> >The anime-translation industry, in and of itself, requires (if not
>> >actually, near) six figures an episode.
>>
>> Irrelevant.
>
>So the actual cost of creation of anime is _IRRELEVANT TO YOU_??

You were talking about the anime-translation industry, not the creation
of anime. Do try to keep your own comments straight - failing to do so
only makes you say "something really foolish", the way you did here.

<snip>

Followups Set. Again.

Starcade

Aug 11, 2009, 3:46:56 PM8/11/09
On Aug 11, 5:03 am, robk...@deadspam.com (Rob Kelk) wrote:

> >> Irrelevant.
>
> >So the actual cost of creation of anime is _IRRELEVANT TO YOU_??
>
> You were talking about the anime-translation industry, not the creation
> of anime. Do try to keep your own comments straight - failing to do so
> only makes you say "something really foolish", the way you did here.

I'm not letting you get away with that foolishness. Nuh-uh.

If you can't see that a significant part of the translation industry:

1) Pays a lot of those costs.
2) Adds a significant factor to those costs which _they_ must then
attempt to recoup...

I can't help you. You're lost.

Mike (Which would be no surprise to me.)

Brian Henderson

Aug 11, 2009, 8:41:16 PM8/11/09
Starcade wrote:
> I can't help you. You're lost.

In other words, if people won't buy your load of horse shit lock, stock
and barrel, you can't actually back up what you say so you run away with
your tail stuck between your legs, proclaiming victory.

You seem to be doing that a lot lately.

Starcade

Aug 12, 2009, 2:43:41 AM8/12/09
On Aug 11, 5:41 pm, Brian Henderson

No. To actually believe that, you would have to claim the entire
anime industry (on both sides of the Pacific) a lying fraud.

I'm still waiting for you to do that.

Mike (And I will continue to wait...)

Captain Nerd

Aug 12, 2009, 8:41:51 AM8/12/09
In article
<3870a7a1-dd80-43fe...@u20g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
Starcade <darkst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 11, 5:41�pm, Brian Henderson
> <BrianL.Hender...@NOSPAM.verizon.net> wrote:
> > Starcade wrote:
> > > I can't help you. �You're lost.
> >
> > In other words, if people won't buy your load of horse shit lock, stock
> > and barrel, you can't actually back up what you say so you run away with
> > your tail stuck between your legs, proclaiming victory.
> >
> > You seem to be doing that a lot lately.
>
> No. To actually believe that, you would have to claim the entire
> anime industry (on both sides of the Pacific) a lying fraud.

Reading comprehension: Starkers don't play that...

Cap.

--
Since 1989, recycling old jokes, cliches, and bad puns, one Usenet
post at a time!
Operation: Nerdwatch http://www.nerdwatch.com
Only email with "TO_CAP" somewhere in the subject has a chance of being read

Brian Henderson

Aug 12, 2009, 12:12:03 PM8/12/09

No one has ever said that they are. Except you, but you're just playing
with strawmen. What has been said is that the anime industry, on both
sides of the Pacific, is using a faulty business model that simply no
longer works in the modern world. They can either adjust their model to
recognize reality or they can go out of business.

Just like any other industry.

But you're too stupid to figure that out.

Starcade

Aug 12, 2009, 10:41:36 PM8/12/09
On Aug 12, 9:12 am, Brian Henderson

<BrianL.Hender...@NOSPAM.verizon.net> wrote:
> Starcade wrote:
> > On Aug 11, 5:41 pm, Brian Henderson
> > <BrianL.Hender...@NOSPAM.verizon.net> wrote:
> >> In other words, if people won't buy your load of horse shit lock, stock
> >> and barrel, you can't actually back up what you say so you run away with
> >> your tail stuck between your legs, proclaiming victory.
>
> >> You seem to be doing that a lot lately.
>
> > No. To actually believe that, you would have to claim the entire
> > anime industry (on both sides of the Pacific) a lying fraud.
>
> > I'm still waiting for you to do that.
>
> No one has ever said that they are. Except you, but you're just playing
> with strawmen.

No I'm not, and that is why you continue to be a lying pig.

Let me try to spell this out for your third-grade education:

For what you believe (collectively) to be the case, the animation is
not the product itself at all, and they have no right to sell it -- no
more right than anyone to sell a free product worth nothing.

> What has been said is that the anime industry, on both
> sides of the Pacific, is using a faulty business model that simply no
> longer works in the modern world.

The only way that's the case, idiot, is through YOUR CRIMINAL CONDUCT.

This would be as if the video game industry (and the stores in which
these consoles were made) were completely unable to stop people from
stealing the games and the consoles.

The problem, here, is that we have a fandom willing to rape the
industry dead. We have a fandom desiring to rape the industry dead.
And we have a fandom who will rape the industry dead through THEIR
CONDUCT.

As I have said time and again, it is the conduct of the fanbase, that
they literally want and demand total ownership and control of a
product _they are not entitled to_ which will make this industry
irrelevant...

> They can either adjust their model to
> recognize reality or they can go out of business.

They cannot.

You see, this is where you guys fail epic-ly. As has already been
demonstrated by the terrorism which has taken over the anime fanbase
in the last three years, any attempt to control the dissemination of
the product will be met with resistance and, without draconian
enforcement, probably defeated. And, without that control, the
ability (especially as the outside economy continues to disintegrate,
nailing what few sponsors are left for TV, here and in Japan) to
recoup costs disappears.

Think: Still today, Dragonball is at least in the area of 20% of all
anime sales in the US.

But you are too blind and arrogant to see it, because the destruction
of the industry (as with many other IP industries with their fandoms
over the Net) is your desired goal.

Mike

Brian Henderson

Aug 13, 2009, 12:36:53 PM8/13/09
Starcade wrote:
> No I'm not, and that is why you continue to be a lying pig.

No, it's why you continue to be a clueless chickenshit.

> For what you believe (collectively) to be the case, the animation is
> not the product itself at all, and they have no right to sell it -- no
> more right than anyone to sell a free product worth nothing.

What you can't get through that thick shitpile you call your brain is
that there is something called the law of supply and demand. We'll get
into that soon though.

> The only way that's the case, idiot, is through YOUR CRIMINAL CONDUCT.

You're just full of shit. See, back in the 80s when they started
selling movies on video tape, they had to learn the same lesson. They
tried to release tapes at $100 a pop and they didn't sell a lot. Why?
Because people weren't willing to pay that much, especially when they
could go and rent a tape for $5 and make a copy. Add to the fact that
most movies came out years and years after their theatrical release, it
was only the hardcore fans that ever bothered.

Finally, and it took years, they figured out that the sweet spot for
video sales is in the $19.99 range, today you can get just about any
single-disc DVD movie for $17.99-19.99 within 2-3 months after
theatrical release, with special editions, collector's editions and
director's cuts in the $24.99 range. Entire seasons of TV series run in
the $40 range. That's why the DVD sales are a multi-billion dollar
industry. They get it out fast, they get it out cheap and people buy
even though anyone can go down to Blockbuster and rent the same DVD for
$5 and rip it.

> This would be as if the video game industry (and the stores in which
> these consoles were made) were completely unable to stop people from
> stealing the games and the consoles.

They can! I can download any game on the market today and play it
either on a console or through an emulator and there isn't a damn thing
the video game industry can do about it. But you know something? The
video game industry, like the DVD industry, has figured out the optimal
price point where most people will go out and put down their money for a
copy even though they could easily download it for nothing.

> The problem, here, is that we have a fandom willing to rape the
> industry dead. We have a fandom desiring to rape the industry dead.
> And we have a fandom who will rape the industry dead through THEIR
> CONDUCT.

No, you have an industry that is not willing to put out a product that
their customers want at a price they are willing to pay. They need to
put things out fast and they need to put them out cheap. If they cannot
or will not, they don't deserve to survive.

> As I have said time and again, it is the conduct of the fanbase, that
> they literally want and demand total ownership and control of a
> product _they are not entitled to_ which will make this industry
> irrelevant...

Here's where we return to the law of supply and demand. There is a
demonstrable demand for new anime, subtitled, released right after the
Japanese airing. In every case where they've made it available in that
format, the American anime industry has made money. The problem is,
they're not doing it consistently, they're trying to follow the same
kind of plan that failed for videotapes back in the 80s. They're
putting shows out on DVD years after their Japanese release at very high
prices. It's no wonder nobody is buying it!

Even the Japanese are figuring out that their ridiculously high prices
and "take it or leave it" attitude is costing them sales.

Why are you so fucking stupid?

> They cannot.

There's a difference between cannot and will not.

> You see, this is where you guys fail epic-ly. As has already been
> demonstrated by the terrorism which has taken over the anime fanbase
> in the last three years, any attempt to control the dissemination of
> the product will be met with resistance and, without draconian
> enforcement, probably defeated. And, without that control, the
> ability (especially as the outside economy continues to disintegrate,
> nailing what few sponsors are left for TV, here and in Japan) to
> recoup costs disappears.

Except that every time they actually do what people say they want, THEY
MAKE MONEY!

Geez, are you really that dumb? Wait, you don't have to answer that, we
already know.

> Think: Still today, Dragonball is at least in the area of 20% of all
> anime sales in the US.

Which proves something about the stupidity of your average American
anime fan, I guess.

> But you are too blind and arrogant to see it, because the destruction
> of the industry (as with many other IP industries with their fandoms
> over the Net) is your desired goal.

You've got your head buried too far up your own ass to see reality.
Here's a hint for you, that smell you smell isn't a clue. Maybe you
ought to pull your head out once in a while.

Starcade

Aug 13, 2009, 11:38:19 PM8/13/09
On Aug 13, 9:36 am, Brian Henderson

<BrianL.Hender...@NOSPAM.verizon.net> wrote:
> Starcade wrote:
> > No I'm not, and that is why you continue to be a lying pig.
>
> No, it's why you continue to be a clueless chickenshit.

No, I'm afraid not, Brian. Once again:

> > For what you believe (collectively) to be the case, the animation is
> > not the product itself at all, and they have no right to sell it -- no
> > more right than anyone to sell a free product worth nothing.
>
> What you can't get through that thick shitpile you call your brain is
> that there is something called the law of supply and demand. We'll get
> into that soon though.

And there's your problem: Without enforcement, it isn't the price
level that's the problem -- it's the fact that the only demand which
exists anymore is CRIMINAL DEMAND.

I mean, consider: Under your umbrella, all a group of people wishing
to drive a store or industry out of business need to do is continue to
steal from it in a quantity at which the ruling authority has no power
to stop them. Then, it's the industry's fault they don't just hand
you everything you want, like the spoiled brats you are.

The problem here is that the supply _WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE INFINITE_.

Never was.

The supply was MADE infinite through YOUR CRIMINAL CONDUCT.

When an entity gets a license or a copyright, they have bought the
absolute right to control supply. You and yours have violated that in
the extreme.

Supply and demand, my fucking ass -- you fuckers blew that up when the
digisub fansub entities became the main distribution angle, to the
tune of, by some estimates, 95% of the anime watched in America.

> > The only way that's the case, idiot, is through YOUR CRIMINAL CONDUCT.
>
> You're just full of shit. See, back in the 80s when they started
> selling movies on video tape, they had to learn the same lesson. They
> tried to release tapes at $100 a pop and they didn't sell a lot. Why?
> Because people weren't willing to pay that much, especially when they
> could go and rent a tape for $5 and make a copy. Add to the fact that
> most movies came out years and years after their theatrical release, it
> was only the hardcore fans that ever bothered.

But only through some degrees of enforcement have they been able to
retain any sort of industry at the level of supply they can reasonably
control, especially in the day and age of the Internet.

Maybe it was also only the hardcore fans who they were after, either.

> Finally, and it took years, they figured out that the sweet spot for
> video sales is in the $19.99 range, today you can get just about any
> single-disc DVD movie for $17.99-19.99 within 2-3 months after
> theatrical release, with special editions, collector's editions and
> director's cuts in the $24.99 range. Entire seasons of TV series run in
> the $40 range. That's why the DVD sales are a multi-billion dollar
> industry. They get it out fast, they get it out cheap and people buy
> even though anyone can go down to Blockbuster and rent the same DVD for
> $5 and rip it.

And this is why you don't get that it DOESN'T WORK HERE...

The (American) TV series is long paid for, probably a number of times
over. If it weren't, it gets canned, even before release or after
just one episode if necessary.

The movie studios have backing to keep from losing too much, but you
are seeing demand fall, supply fall, and, frankly, quantity fall.

It doesn't work in an anime industry in which the material is NOT paid
for upon release of the DVDs (especially over here), and, as a result,
one single franchise continues to be called upon for $1 out of every
3-5 (depending on how much you believe Funimation has of the
industry), years after re-release after re-release.

> > This would be as if the video game industry (and the stores in which
> > these consoles were made) were completely unable to stop people from
> > stealing the games and the consoles.
>
> They can! I can download any game on the market today and play it
> either on a console or through an emulator and there isn't a damn thing
> the video game industry can do about it. But you know something? The
> video game industry, like the DVD industry, has figured out the optimal
> price point where most people will go out and put down their money for a
> copy even though they could easily download it for nothing.

With one caveat you continue to choose to forget: Making that kind of
a console (the "chipped console" and the like) is not that common.
They ever mass-produce those, and the industry is finished, exactly as
you purport, and for that reason.

It is *NOT* because of the optimal price-point. The Web 2.0
Generation has declared all optimal price-points to be zero. They
only buy video games because they don't have access to the chipped
consoles necessary in enough numbers to drive the video game people
out of business.

> > The problem, here, is that we have a fandom willing to rape the
> > industry dead. We have a fandom desiring to rape the industry dead.
> > And we have a fandom who will rape the industry dead through THEIR
> > CONDUCT.
>
> No, you have an industry that is not willing to put out a product that
> their customers want at a price they are willing to pay.

THERE IS NO PRICE THEY ARE WILLING TO PAY.

ZE-RO.

Get it through your head, dipshit.

> They need to put things out fast and they need to put them out cheap.

Even if they are absolute shit which makes it look as if the entire
process has been set back a decade. Oh yeah, that'll inspire the
rebound...

> If they cannot or will not, they don't deserve to survive.

They cannot, because...

> > As I have said time and again, it is the conduct of the fanbase, that
> > they literally want and demand total ownership and control of a
> > product _they are not entitled to_ which will make this industry
> > irrelevant...
>
> Here's where we return to the law of supply and demand. There is a
> demonstrable demand for new anime, subtitled, released right after the
> Japanese airing.

They've already shown even _THAT_ to be irrelevant while your eyes
were closed.

They won't even wait til the Japanese airing.

They want _CONTROL_, _TO CONTROL_, and to _PWN_ the anime. (Internet
bastardization intentional to make the point.)

Again, fuck supply and demand, because the criminality of the
situation has fucked that canard over completely.

> In every case where they've made it available in that
> format, the American anime industry has made money.

False. Download-to-own is absolutely laughable in numbers with
respect to the required costs of licensure and the like.

The only way that could work is if the Japanese studios took it
themselves and killed the R1 industry, and, even then, can they
control the relevant supply?

> The problem is,
> they're not doing it consistently, they're trying to follow the same
> kind of plan that failed for videotapes back in the 80s. They're
> putting shows out on DVD years after their Japanese release at very high
> prices. It's no wonder nobody is buying it!

BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO TO GET BACK THE AMOUNT OF MONEY INVESTED.

God, you are an idiot or a shill for the thieves, probably both.

You ARE NOT going to get back $75-100K an episode through same-day
release. That is not going to happen.

> Even the Japanese are figuring out that their ridiculously high prices
> and "take it or leave it" attitude is costing them sales.

Which is why the Japanese are, more and more, telling their people to
get the Hell out of R1 completely.

> Why are you so fucking stupid?

Why are you? And why do you choose to be so fucking blind?

You don't have the fucking right to determine the "supply". The
creators who made it and the licensors who bought it are the only
entities to have that right.

> > They cannot.
>
> There's a difference between cannot and will not.

No, they _can_ not.

> > You see, this is where you guys fail epic-ly. As has already been
> > demonstrated by the terrorism which has taken over the anime fanbase
> > in the last three years, any attempt to control the dissemination of
> > the product will be met with resistance and, without draconian
> > enforcement, probably defeated. And, without that control, the
> > ability (especially as the outside economy continues to disintegrate,
> > nailing what few sponsors are left for TV, here and in Japan) to
> > recoup costs disappears.
>
> Except that every time they actually do what people say they want, THEY
> MAKE MONEY!

False.

Utterly and completely false.

And I'll give you yet another reason why: If what you said were true,
the number of series which should ever be released in the United
States over the course of any year is well under ten.

We would literally be getting to what George Manley said two years
ago: You want only about five series over here a year?

> Geez, are you really that dumb? Wait, you don't have to answer that, we
> already know.

Yeah. I'm right and you're wrong.

> > Think: Still today, Dragonball is at least in the area of 20% of all
> > anime sales in the US.
>
> Which proves something about the stupidity of your average American
> anime fan, I guess.

Maybe, but at least I have facts and numbers on my side, and thank you
for proving my point.

You represent that average American anime fan perfectly. Shall we put
your picture in the dictionary next to that term?

> > But you are too blind and arrogant to see it, because the destruction
> > of the industry (as with many other IP industries with their fandoms
> > over the Net) is your desired goal.
>
> You've got your head buried too far up your own ass to see reality.
> Here's a hint for you, that smell you smell isn't a clue. Maybe you
> ought to pull your head out once in a while.

The smell I smell is YOUR sorry ass. You're trying to stuff my head
up your ass and call it mine.

I don't want your ass -- you are an ass, and I already have one.

Mike

It is loading more messages.