[CON] Shoujocon Welcomes AZZURRI!

Tracy Podgorski

May 1, 2001, 10:30:14 PM5/1/01
Shoujocon is proud to welcome shoujo/shounen-ai doujinshi circle
Azzurri as our Japanese guests this year.
Best known for their doujinshi based on Gundam Wing and the Final
Fantasy series, one member of this prolific circle has achieved
commercial success in the shoujo manga market in Japan.

For more information about this talented creative team, visit these
great Azzurri resources on the web:

http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~usagi-ya/ - official website of Azzurri
member Ryo Hitaka (Japanese only - Japanese-enabled web browsers
recommended ) Hint: the fifth link in the left navigation bar is the
image gallery!

Keep checking our website at http://www.shoujocon.com for updated
guest information!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!

The good news is that Shoujocon's advance event and registration
rosters have been filling up fast - thanks to everyone for their
interest and support!

The bad news is that if you haven't signed up in advance for some of
our events, or made your hotel reservation yet, you'll have to act
fast!

May 1 is the last day to sign up in advance for many of the fun
events and cultural workshops taking place at Shoujocon. Don't take
your chances at the door -- ensure your spot at these popular
activities by signing up today! (remember to include your Shoujocon
registration number on the form!)

The following events have advance sign-up available:

Art Show
Costume Contest
Karaoke
Live-Action Roleplaying
Workshops

Don't miss your chance! Visit our "Events" page on the website for
more information:
http://www.shoujocon.com/events.html !

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

May 15 is the deadline for making hotel reservations at the special
Shoujocon room rate. Our hotel block is going quickly - our block of
quads, triples, and singles has already been filled. A limited number
of double rooms are still available at the con rate, but once those
are booked, the hotel will be completely sold out. The next-closest
hotel is across a six-lane highway (and about a mile) from the EB
Hilton!

You can register by phone, by calling 1-800-HILTONS. To reserve a
room online, follow these
instructions:

Go to
http://www.hilton.com

Click on "Online Reservations," select "East Brunswick Hilton"
reservations, and follow the directions as specified. When you get
to "Rate Requested," select "Packages/Promotions/Special Offers".
Then below that, write in "SHO" as the Group Code. Then proceed
through the rest of the form.

You can only register online using a major credit card. If you need
to use a money order, you must register by phone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Last but not least, May 15 is the deadline for pre-registration for
Shoujocon at the reduced rate of $30. After that, registration rates
climb to $40. Register online today at:

http://www.shoujocon.com/registration.html

See you in July!

Thank you,

Tracy
Shoujocon 2001 Public Relations Staff

http://www.shoujocon.com
Shoujocon - A Celebration of Girls' Manga and Anime!

Jerry Shaw

May 2, 2001, 8:27:32 AM5/2/01
How do you like that. A whole description of a convention without even once
mentioning which city or even state it is in.

Jerry

Erica Friedman

May 2, 2001, 6:26:41 PM5/2/01
Jerry Shaw wrote:

> How do you like that. A whole description of a convention without even once
> mentioning which city or even state it is in.

Well, she did give the link to the con's site. :-) In any case, it's being held
July 14 & 15 in East Brunswick, New Jersey.

http://www.shoujocon.com for more info about Shoujocon. :-)

Cheers,

Erica

Library Goddess
Fury
Seasonal Arms Merchant

http:// www. worldshaking.net - "World Shaking" Fanfic

http://come.to/hauthor - The Fanfic Revolution

http://www.shoujoai.com/~anilesbocon AniLesboCon 2001 - "For real women
who like their women... animated."

RiikiTikiTavi

May 3, 2001, 5:26:03 AM5/3/01

Jerry Shaw wrote:

> How do you like that. A whole description of a convention without even once
> mentioning which city or even state it is in.

You must have missed this part:

> >Keep checking our website at http://www.shoujocon.com for updated
> >guest information!

Or maybe this part:

> >Last but not least, May 15 is the deadline for pre-registration for
> >Shoujocon at the reduced rate of $30. After that, registration rates
> >climb to $40. Register online today at:
> >
> >http://www.shoujocon.com/registration.html
> >
> >See you in July!

Reeeaaal easy to find out by clicking on the links. ^^

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

May 3, 2001, 6:35:04 AM5/3/01
On Thu, 3 May 2001, RiikiTikiTavi wrote:

> Jerry Shaw wrote:
>

> > >Last but not least, May 15 is the deadline for pre-registration for
> > >Shoujocon at the reduced rate of $30. After that, registration rates
> > >climb to $40. Register online today at:
> > >
> > >http://www.shoujocon.com/registration.html
> > >
> > >See you in July!
>
> Reeeaaal easy to find out by clicking on the links. ^^

True, but if one is advertising something,
rule of thumb is to make it as easy as possible,
such as putting the address, date, etc. front & center
(also in big black bold letters if using prints/billboards).
Though I do hate that TV ads use such a high sound volume
(yes, we can hear just fine across the room, geez). ^_^

Laters. =)

Stan
--
| ( _| | U of Rochester www.cif.rochester.edu/~stanlee