[Ranma/SM][FanFic] Prince of Time, Chapter 1

ken payne

Dec 23, 2001, 11:00:47 PM12/23/01
Prince of Time.
A Ranma 1/2/Sailor Moon Cross-over
By KPJAM

I want to thank PRIVAN for the initial idea.

Disclaimer: I own nothing. Ranma and characters used are the creation of
Rumiko Takahashi and owned by her and Shogagukan, Kitty and Viz
Communications.
Sailor Moon and it's characters are copyrighted by Naoko Takeuchi, Toei
Animation, and Kodansha.

Chapter 1: The Devils are coming.

Setsuna entered the house through the front door. Instead of returning
directly home she had gone to a nearby park. The cool evening and solitude
it afforded, helped her clear her mind and gave her an opportunity to go
over this potentially destructive problem.

Where was he? How long had he been awake? Why hadn't she felt him before?
What was the rip he caused? How big was it? How had he affected Crystal
Tokyo, and why? Always why. But most importantly what would he do next?
What were his plans?

Hotaru was in the living room reading a homework assignment when she heard
the front door open. She looked over at Haruka-papa and Michiru-mama who
were busy watching some television show. She stood up and walked towards
the entrance.

Setsuna silently walked by her, a look of worry on her face that Hotaru had
never seen before.
"Setsuna-mama, what's wrong?" She called out as the older women walked by.

Setsuna hadn't noticed the little girl until she had spoken. She looked at
her 'daughter', noticing the worry and concern in her face. She waited as
Michiru and Haruka came up behind their adoptive daughter, with faces that
echoed the concern displayed by Hotaru.

"I'm sorry to have worried you," she forced a neutral expression on her
face. "Something personnel came up I have to take care of. It's nothing
for you to worry about." She turned and walked to her room.

"I don't like this." Haruka broke the silence after Setsuna had left.

"Is Setsuna-mama, OK?" Hotaru asked her parents.

"I'm sure she's fine." Michiru responded, casting a warning glare at her
partner. "You have homework to finish little girl." She placed an arm
around the young girl and led her back into the living room.

-----------

Ranma was on the deck of the boat they were taking back to Japan. It was
late at night and everyone else was sleeping. He was watching the water
drift by and playing back the last minute of his fight with Saffron. Where
had that second 'Hiryu Shoten Ha' come from. Something else was bothering
him. There was period of a couple minutes after the end of the fight where
his memory was messed up.

It was like he had two sets of memories, he vaguely remembered a second
ending to the fight. The memory wasn't clear, and it was irritating him
greatly. He thought back to those moments and tried to pick out the bits
and pieces that seemed to elude him.

He remembered a staff, and then a mirror. He saw himself under the Dragon
Tap? He shook his head in frustration as nothing made any sense.

He tried to concentrate on the staff. That was the most vivid of the
memories. He felt pride when he thought of it. Power, control. He saw a
man he had never seen before handing him the staff. Pride swelling up as he
took it from the older man. He felt awe towards the man, and love?

Arggg. Nothing made any sense.

He relaxed and tried again. He could see the man again, and next to him was
a woman. Their faces, any description of them would be inaccurate. The
woman standing next to the man stepped forward with a staff that was almost
a twin to his. The most notable difference was the jewel atop it was red and
the headpiece was shaped like a heart.

She handed the staff to a woman. While the vision of the older couple was
foggy and unfocused, the vision of this woman was clear as soon as her hand
touched the staff. She was tall and slender, with long flowing green hair.
She was wearing a long black gown with white trim. He looked into her face
to see a beautiful young woman standing there. She had a look of pride and
wonder that he had loved. Love, he felt it welling up in him as the vision
continued in his mind. "Sister." He whispered softly to the night sky.

His spoken words shattered the memory. He shook his head to clear it. He
gazed out across the sea again but the memories wouldn't return.

--------------------------

Ranma sat in class gazing out a near-bye window. It was the day after the
abortive wedding, he was more upset about not getting his hands on the
Nannichiuan, then the fact that the wedding was interrupted.

"Stupid Mr. Tendo," he thought. If he had only been given the water when it
arrived he would be cured now. He looked over Akane in dismay. She had
agreed to marry him for his cure, not for him. Did that mean she wouldn't
marry him without it? Not that he wanted to marry her. Would he have agreed
to the marriage for the cure himself?

He hadn't seen Shampoo or Ukyo since the wedding. He was more upset at them
at there actions than the results of those actions. It did save him the
trouble of deciding if he was going to get married or not. He had too much
to do still, without worrying about some stupid arranged marriage.

"Ranma," The teacher interrupted his musing by asking him a question.

"Huh."

"I asked what the farthest planet was from the earth?'

"Nemesis," The answer just came to him.

"No Ranma, there's no planet called Nemesis. Pluto is the ninth planet,
farthest from the sun." Her heard some giggles from his classmates. The
worst part was that he knew he had answered correctly, but he didn't know
how.

-----------------

Noriko stood in the command center of the ship. She stood watching the star
drift by as they traveled towards the inner solar system. The cryogenic
state they had been in had ended a few days ago. She couldn't fathom how
much time had passed if the computers had it the dates correct. Their sleep
couldn't be measured in years.

He had called for them. The use of his power was the trigger for their
awakening. She wondered if she could be of any help now. After so much
time surely they were inadequate to the task of overthrowing the Moon
Kingdom.

She heard sharp footfalls of military shoes upon the deck as she was
approached from behind.

"Report," She spoke sternly, displaying the command she had.

"The flight crew is ready and we're preparing the scouting team."

"We're not picking up any traces of life on Pluto, Neptune, or Uranus. The
other planets are still too far away to get an accurate read. We should
know in a couple hours about Saturn."

"No life on the outer planets?" The shock bled through her speech as she
turned to regard lieutenant Itoh.

"No Princess." Itoh answered quickly.

"How long until we reach the inner system?"

"About four days, we will be in Earth's orbit inside a week."

"All right, continue the scan for life forms. Inform me as soon as we can
confirm anything. Also, I'm still waiting for a full inventory. Also,
change course so we can get a read-out of Pluto, determine if it's
inhabitable or not. Dismissed!"

"Yes, Princess!" She considered correcting his form of address, she was no
longer the princess of anything. She decided she would talk with him later
about it.

She listened as the footsteps carried her second in command away. "What was
going on?" She wondered. Why would the outer planets be abandoned?

----------------------

Setsuna was worried. Anyone who knew her would know the fact when she
suggested they join the Inners for their weekly meeting. Hotaru was always
happy to see her fellow Sailor Senshi. While both Haruka and Michiru were
fond of the other girls, they really only liked spending time with them in
small doses. They were only a grade apart in school years, but sometimes it
seemed like the age difference was much more substantial.

"Why would Setsuna want us to attend this meeting? Usually she's all for
skipping them unless theirs a threat," Haruka asked her lover.

Michiru wondered at the answer to that herself. She watched Hotaru hurry
down the street ahead of them, running up the stairs to the shrine.
Hotaru's gait couldn't really be considered running but compared to her
movements before it was. The improvement in the smallest senshi's health
brought joy to Michiru. "Maybe it has something to do with last week?"

Haruka just grunted in response. They had tried to question their
house-mate the following day but had been stonewalled. For the rest of the
week Setsuna had been seen very rarely, and when she was seen she seemed
tired and worried.

Yesterday Setsuna had asked if the Inners would be meeting today. When
Haruka had answered in the affirmative, Setsuna had said she'd meet the
Outers there. Now they were walking up the steps to the shrine not any
closer to getting an answer to their questions.

They entered the shrine only to be assaulted by the bickering of the younger
Senshi.

"Come on Rei, lemme borrow it," their future queen whined.

"Usagi, you can borrow it after I've read it geez!" Rei answered as Haruka
and Michiru entered.

"Well I see everything is as we left it," Haruka snidely remarked to
Michiru as she entered. Hotaru had run up to Minako and Makoto upon
entering.

"Hey guys, what brings you here today?" Usagi had quickly forgotten the
manga, when she noticed Hotaru, Michiru, and Haruka.

"Didn't you call and invite us the other day?" Haruka asked quizzically.

"Well ya, but you guys never show," Usagi responded.

Michiru stepped in to stop Haruka's teasing. "Setsuna asked us to meet her
here."

This caused the others to all stop and turn towards Michiru. "Setsuna never
comes to these. Not unless we're fighting someone." Rei spoke up.

"Waah, another enemy," Usagi whined. Haruka just rolled her eyes as the
others just hung their heads.

"Stop that Usagi," Makoto spoke up.

"There hasn't even been a Youma attack in weeks Usagi. Maybe she just wants
to make sure we keep in contact." Ami didn't really believe that, but if it
calmed down her friend, a little untruth never hurt.

"Good, I'm glad you're all here." The person in question walked into the
room. She was impeccably dressed as always. A neatly tailored business
suit with heels. Michiru and Haruka noted she looked more together than she
had all week.

"Did you have something you wanted to talk about, Setsuna?" Rei's voice was
slightly challenging as she addressed the eldest Sailor Senshi.

"I came to hear what has been going on, and to tell you all to stay on alert
in the near future."

"Do you know something?" Rei and Ami spoke up at once.

"That is all I can tell you. Has anything strange happened lately?" She
asked Ami in return. Setsuna was aware that the easiest way to deflect a
question was to ask one in return. Ami was the most level headed of the
bunch, and least likely to question her. Even Hotaru would occasionally
question her when she didn't want to be questioned.

"No, everything has been quiet for weeks, not even a stray youma attack."
Just then a silent beep was heard from Mercury's computer.

The other's waited in anticipation as Ami checked her computer before
looking up. "A large youma signal is coming from Nerima ward."

They all transformed before they headed towards the distant ward.

----------------------

Akane, Yuka, and Sayuri were sitting on a park bench. They hadn't had a
chance to spend time together since Akane's return from China. Akane had
been bogged down with making up school-work.

They were busy talking when a rumbling came from in front of them. They
watched in horrid fascination as a creature rose up from the ground.

They watched as a golem formed itself from the earth, grass made up a
twisted parody of hair on-top of it's head and shoulders. It stopped rising
when it reached about eight feet in height, it preceded to take a few step
away from them, out of the crater the displaced earth had created.

The golem stopped in front of a woman they hadn't noticed before. The woman
was dressed in a black uniform with silver trim. Her long black hair
flowing past her shoulders, outlining her slender face. She was very
attractive, and Akane thought her age to be in her early twenties.

Standing behind her was a man wearing the same uniform. His stood a little
taller than the woman, with short black hair as well.

"Are you sure this will work?' The man asked.

Without turning she said. "If he's around here like we believe, this
creature will draw him out." She turned back towards the golem. "Destroy
this area!" She barked the order and walked away. The man trailed after her
as the creature turned to comply with its orders.

Akane rushed forward punching the creature as hard as she could in the back
of its head. Her efforts were rewarded by the creature stumbling sideways
and falling.

"Akane! What are you doing?!?" Sayuri shouted out from behind. She turned
to look at her friends standing there with horror on their faces.

"Get out of here. I'll handle it!" She noticed the alarm in her friends
voice a little too late as she was sent flying through the air.

-------------------

Ranma walked along the streets of Nerima. He didn't really know where he
was headed but he had to get away from the fathers for a while. They had
been all over him to settle his affairs so the wedding could go on.

He envied Akane, she had gone off to spend the day with her friends. He had
thought of tracking down Hiroshi or Diasuke, but decided that some peace
and free time would do him good.

He had stopped thinking about the the fight with Saffron and his lack of
clear memory of some events right after the fight. He hadn't really
forgotten, it's just other things had been predominant in his mind, so much
so that he hadn't even thought about China since the wedding.

Just then something startled him. It wasn't a sound, it was just a feeling.
"What was that?" He asked out loud to the uncaring air.

"Someone has trespassed on your domain." The voice came from inside his
head. He whirled around in surprise. Looking for another source for the
voice.

"Feel the flow of time. Look for the fluctuations, there you will find the
transgressor." He recognized the voice as his own, which only adding to his
confusion.

He extended his perceptions, the knowledge of what and how he was
accomplishing this came flooding back to him naturally. He marveled at his
newfound ability, enjoying sensation of the extra perception. It felt like
a gentle wind was flowing around him.

He sensed a disturbance in the flows, like he was attached to a spider web
when an unlucky fly stumbled into it. He set off running in the direction
the ripple came from.

--------

A few minutes later the senshi arrived on the scene and took in the sight of
the golem shredding a park.

"Ahh what is that thing?" Venus asked.

"It looks ugly, that's for sure," Makoto added.

"Just go destroy it!" Pluto spoke firmly. She recognized this creature and
had a very bad feeling about this encounter.

Her snappish voice propelling the inner senshi into action. She noticed
that Uranus and Neptune had stayed behind on the roof-top.

"We have to go help them," She spoke quietly.

"Why? It doesn't look like much, and there's only one," Haruka asked.

"It is more than capable of destroying any of the inners by itself, We must
attack from a distance and stay behind it." She leaped down to offer her
own assistance.

--------

The five inners landed in the park in front of the rampaging golem.

"We are the pretty suited sailors of love and justice! Parks are for the
enjp... umffff." Sailor moons speech was cut short as the golem rushed
forward and hit her in the gut.

It then turned, quicker than it's bulk would allow anyone to believe, and
delivered a vicious uppercut to sailor Mars who had landed next to her.
Moving through the punch it had delivered on Mars it proceeded to deliver a
right cross to Sailor Mercury who was next in line. The golem appeared to
slow down as it stopped and turned to face the row of Senshi again.

-------

Noriko looked on as the golem set down three of the senshi. "What are they
all doing here?" She asked out-loud.

"It would appear with the abandoning of the solar system they have all come
here," Itoh replied as the other four senshi made their appearance in the
park.

"How many of those seeds do we have with us?" Noriko asked.

"Three more, sir," Itoh answered. Noriko frowned, the seeds for the golems
were extremely valuable since the they had no means of synthesizing them.
She had hoped to be able to recover this one when it had drawn out her love
but this was a golden opportunity to get rid of the Senshi.

"Give them to me." She ordered. Her decision made when she saw the senshi
of Pluto. "And then send for the first division, we can't miss this
opportunity."

Itoh handed her the seeds and took out his communicator, his emotions hidden
as called for the execution squad.

--------

Akane woke up on the edge of the park. Yuka and Sayuri were besides her,
Yuka was playing look-out why Sayuri monitored their friend.

"What happened?' Akane asked groggily.

"That thing knocked you here. After you were down it just ignored us and
started destroying the park until the Senshi showed up."

"The Sailor Senshi are here?" Akane almost shouted.

"They just showed up a minute ago," Sayuri answered. Akane started to get
up and walk towards the battle when Yuka placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Come on Akane, let's just watch from here," Sayuri said.

"Let the Senshi handle it," Yuka added. They both heaved a sigh of relief
when there friend let out a soft. " OK."

---------------------------

Sailor moon was dazed as Venus helped her to her feet. Her jaw hurt and her
head ached from when she had landed.

Jupiter's battle cry rang out from behind her and she watched in fascination
as the creature sidestepped the attack.

"What?" She half-heartedly exclaimed as Neptune fired on it almost
immediately.

Again the creature sidestepped the attack. "Damn!" She head Uranus exclaim
as the creature took a step towards Neptune.

"Encircle it and attack from behind!" Pluto's voice rang out as the three
downed senshi were scrambling to there feet. The creature had taken two
lumbering steps towards Neptune when it seemed to speed up, covering the few
feet in an instant, planting it's huge fist into her gut.

Neptune flew off the fist across the park as Uranus shouted in horror and
ran after her downed companion.

---------

Ranma landed on a roof-top over looking the park. He surveyed the area
watching the battle in progress. He could tell that the disturbance he felt
was coming from that creature fighting the senshi. He also noticed the
creature felt familiar.

"The creature is yours," The strange voice in his head said. He felt the
voice was correct, yet his mind didn't understand.

"A Time-Devil." The name of the creature came to him and he knew that was
what they had been called. He had never named them, only created them, and
then used them in a futile war. Ranma shook his head at the facts that kept
popping up, facts he couldn't deny, but couldn't believe he knew either.

Ranma looked at the Sailor Senshi and a low growl escaped his throat. He
jerked in surprise and wondered where that and the immense hatred he felt
towards them had come from.

He had heard about the Sailor Sensji before but never thought much of them.
It wasn't his concern if a bunch of woman went around destroying monsters in
some other part of Tokyo. So why did he have this feeling of disgust now.
He had seen some news footage of them, and heard the names of each of them
enough that he could identify each by their respective planets. But, he had
never felt like beating them to a pulp before. Why now?

He gave up wondering about those things to return his full attention to the
fight on hand. He watched as his creature sent the aqua haired senshi
flying with his emotions warring inside him. He knew he should feel bad, he
knew he should go down and help the girls, but he was rooted in place
watching in fascination. He even felt like cheering the creature on in
defeat of the Senshi.

He watched as the creature turned towards the Senshi in green as she hopped
around it. She was fast and keeping to the peripheral of the creature's
sight, drawing it off from her downed comrades.

Jupiter stopped and faced the creature as the others had regrouped and
started spreading out behind the creature.

"The devil's one flaw," he thought to himself. Wondering where he had
gained that knowledge.

"Yes, they were produced for line fighting in bunches, they are tough in
groups." The voice answered him and he nodded in agreement.

He watched as they attempted to encircle the beast. He heard Venus call out
her attack and watched as it captured the creature. Another time
disturbance shifted his attention behind the fight.

--------------

Pluto had watched with relief as the Senshi finally started listening to
her. They were spread out and the creature's attention was directed at
Jupiter. She had stopped moving and the creature had taken the first step.
By it's third it would be gone.

"Venus now!" The anxiety was getting to her. She hadn't seen a Time Devil
since the fall of Vulcan when she became Setsuna. While Father had done a
masterful job in creating these intelligent beast, her brother had made them
the horrors that they became, infusing them with the ability to distort time
around them.

She almost let out a sigh of relief when the chain snagged the beast. She
heard Mars, Uranus, and Neptune all call out their attack phrases when all
hell broke loose again.

She watched as Venus's chain went slack. The creature took a lumbering step
forward and escaped both Mars's and Neptune's attacks, falling forward from
the force of the world shaking. She simultaneously heard loud screams as
she saw three of her fellow senshi thrown past her.

Setsuna turned and saw that three more of the beast had shown up on the
scene. Acting in concert with each other they walked to join the original
devil.

---------

Instead of following the fighting Ranma looked at the woman standing on the
edge of the park where the monsters had issued forth from. He knew he knew
her. The uniform she was wearing was almost as familiar as her stance.
"Who is she?" He silently asked the voice inside his head.

"Stupid voice, tell me!" He demanded when the voice remained silent.

The sounds of the battle drew his attention away. The scene below him was
chaotic. The four beasts had formed a defensive circle side by side. Two
of the senshi, Venus and Mercury he believed, were still on the ground
struggling to get up.

The two Sailor Senshi, that he didn't recognize, went over and huddled with
Uranus and Neptune. The tall one with the flowing green hair seemed very
familiar, he felt the need to go to her.

They quickly broke apart and set their plan into motion. It seemed to be
well thought out as they managed to separate the devil's from each other.

The battle waged on even more out of control as the Sailor Senshi tried to
attack separately. He watched as one of the devils moved close to the woman
he was watching earlier. It was backing up the Senshi with long green hair
and the shortest one with black hair. The short-haired Senshi was trying to
work her way around it while the green-haired Senshi led it on.

----------

Noriko watched the battle impassively. She had thought a couple times
already that she was on the verge of victory. What a bonus it would be to
hand Meio the heads of the Sailor Senshi, and his sister to boot, when they
found him.

The Senshi had managed to separate the creatures from each other, succeeding
in spreading them out. It would make things a little closer but she was
thinking of ways she could help when fortune shined upon her.

The traitorous bitch was coming right at her without even looking. She took
out her side-arm and aimed at the unsuspecting Senshi's back.

She couldn't resist the temptation of looking into the eye of the woman that
had cost her everything. "Turn around, traitor!"

-------

Setsuna was backing away from the beast giving Hotaru time to get to the
side of it and space to use her attack. The plan was for Hotaru to unleash
her attack while Pluto would teleport away.

"Turn around traitor!" Her blood went cold when she heard that voice.

A sixth sense told her not to. "Now Saturn!" She screamed as she
teleported behind Saturn, hoping that they had moved far enough away from
the others. She looked towards where the voice had come from, hoping that
Noriko would be caught in the blast. Other than her parents, there were
only two people who could scare her, her brother and Noriko.

She watched in disappointment as Noriko ran out of the range of the blast.
"She must still have that ring." She mumbled out loud, but not loud enough
to be heard in the silence.

----------

The park had become deathly quiet when Saturn attacked. All eyes turned to
the destruction for a moment. A moment only because the three remaining
time-devils didn't stop. Using the distraction to there advantage the only
sailors standing were Jupiter and Uranus.

Ranma had watched it all from his perch. He had seen both the Senshi and
the general escape. He had watched as his creations had pummeled the Sailor
Senshi.

Just then he saw Akane for the first time. She had run forward from the
other side of the park running straight for one of the monsters.

"Akane, NO!!!!" He screamed as he jumped from his perch, taking off at a
dead run the second his feet touched the ground.

He watched as she ran head on up to one of the monsters and missed as it
moved out of the way of her swing. He wasn't going to be fast enough again.
"They are yours. Will them to stop," The voice in his head spoke.

"Stop!" He yelled as loud as he could as one of the other devils was moving
in on Akane. He could see as it raised it's hand to deliver a blow to back
of her unprotected head.

"Will, not voice!" The voice snapped at him.

"He thought for a moment feeling the flows around him, trailing them to the
creature and pulling the strands from it.

The creature topped in mid-swing as Akane turned to look him.

"Ranma, we have to help the Senshi."

"You idiot, you almost got yourself killed again!"

"What do you mean. again!"

"Geez, you'd think even a stupid tomboy like you would appreciate me saving
you."

"Just go help the Senshi!" Akane finally screamed.

Ranma gave a final snort and turned to the other Devils. Concentrating he
caused them to stop functioning. "Fine satisfied!"

Everyone in the park just stared at the pig-tailed youth.

"How? How did you do that Ranma?" Akane asked.

"Ya, what the hell happened to them?" Sailor Uranus approached them, joined
quickly by Pluto. Saturn went off to tend to the wounded.

"Don't I know you?" Ranma asked Pluto, just before shots rang out.

Ranma grabbed Akane and leaped away. He watched as ten soldiers emerged
firing from the edge of the park, led by that Woman in uniform.

He disregarded Akane's screams as he watched the Senshi form up into a
circle and quickly vanish.

Ranma stopped running and placed Akane down when the soldiers didn't fire
upon them.

He stood and watched as the woman walked towards them. Akane was talking
but he wasn't listening.

When she stopped a foot in front of she said, "You look awfully young, Meio"

End Chapt one.

Author's notes: I hope you enjoyed it so far. I hope it's both somewhat
original and entertaining. Any and all suggestion will be welcome, especial
if I've screwed up anything concerning Sailor moon since I haven't seen
nearly as much I should have.

You can find my other stories at the following places.

http://kpjam.anifics.com
http://www.fanfiction.net/

E-mail me at noirchloe@nyc,rr,com