[Ranma][FanFic] "Wanderer" Part 5 (repost)

fher...@yahoo.com

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
"Kasumi?! Where's Akane?!"

Kasumi looks up from her stove. "I haven't seen her this morning,
Father."

Souun hums, then walks into the living room. "Nabiki?! Have you seen
Akane anywhere?!" he calls upstairs.

"Akane?" Nabiki walks up to the upstairs landing, looking down at her
father. "No, I haven't seen her at all. I think she went out last night and
didn't come back."

Souun jerks, then tears jet from his eyes. "Oh, no!!! Akane-chan's run
away from home...!!"

The phone rings. "Hello, Tendou residence," Kasumi answers from the
kitchen line, then giggles. "Oh, good morning, Akane-chan. Where were you
last night?" A pause, then a hum. "I see. Alright, I'll tell him. Have a
nice day. 'Bye."

"Where is Akane?!!" Souun gasps.

"She stayed over at Ukyou's okonomiyaki shop, Father. I think she was
trying to establish some future rapport with Ranma-chan."

Souun shudders, then collapses to the floor. "Oh, please bring Ranma-kun
home, Akane-chan...!" he moans...

* * *

"'Establish some future rapport?!'" Akane snarls, glaring at the
telephone, then sighs. "I was making love to her, Kasumi-onee-chan, not trying
to make a business deal!"

"A-chan, forget your sister and come back to bed, please," Ukyou mutters
from the pile of sheets, arms and legs behind her.

"I can't, U-chan," Akane sits on the bed, rubbing her temple. "Oh, boy, I
did it now! Once everyone gets wind that I'm one with the Cosmic Praetoriate,
it'll hit the fan for sure this time. Atop that, what happens when I leave
with you guys?! It'll devastate my father and sisters most of all! How do I
solve that?!"

Strong arms wrap around her as a tender kiss flecks at the base of her
spine. "We'll figure it out, love," Ranma draws Akane into her embrace. "We
always do, no matter what we're up against. Besides, this is a wish-fulfilment
of sorts for your father."

"We are united," Akane muses, then nods. "Yeah, you're right about that,
Ranma-chan. Meantime, I best get to school."

"You sure you want to go to school?" Ukyou wonders. "A-chan, I hope
you've seen yourself in the mirror this morning!"

"Mirror...?" Akane blinks, then slaps her forehead. "Oh, Fates, my eyes!!
Wonderful..."

Ranma's hand gently draws her hand away as her other hand passes over
Akane's face, her Jewel glowing. "Hold still."

Akane blinks as she feels an energy matrix form over her eyes. She feels
the outside light refract more from the gold shade of the visible light
spectrum to the deeper blue shade which was her normal eye colour. "There you
go," Ranma smiles.

"I could've done that on my own, you know," Akane muses.

"Yeah, I know...but I can't help myself at times!" Ranma winks, projecting
an impish grin. "I always want to do things for you! What type of fiancee
would I be if I didn't?!"

"Well, just as long as you give me the chance to do it in return, I'll let
it go this time," Akane sighs, then mentally wills her clothing back to her
normal street clothes. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do," she waves as she
races out.

Ranma sighs, then relaxes on the bed. "U-chan?"

"Yeah, Ran-chan?"

"Is this what you had in mind when we became Jewel Warriors?"

"Actually, no...but I'm not complaining."

Ranma smiles...

* * *

"Wanderer"
a fantasy crossover tale of Ranma Saotome
by Fred Herriot
fher...@hotmail.com
**** **** ****
Based on "Ranma 1/2," created by Rumiko Takahashi; "NoeL - La Neige," created
by Pioneer LDC; and "Major Raeburn," created by Fred Herriot
**** **** ****

PART FIVE - DECISIONS

"Ni hao, Akane!"

"Ni hao, Shampoo," Akane nods as the warrior-maiden hops off the fence,
then steps off her bicycle. "You look cheery today."

"Actually, Shampoo still sad that Ranma soon go away and Shampoo no can
follow," Shampoo admits. "Akane lucky that she can go with Ranma and Ukyou to
other world."

"Eh?!" Akane blinks. "How'd you know...oh, Cologne!" she then nods
understandingly. "She must've sensed it."

"Yes," Shampoo nods. "Lord Ryasan may be powerful, but his energy aura
stick out like sore thumb at times. Shampoo not sure if she should be envious
of Akane or wish her good luck."

"The latter," Akane sighs. "I may have the power, but I've only barely
BEGUN training. This is a lifetime commitment unlike anything we could've
imagined before. The ultimate training trip, so to speak. The person who
indoctrinated me into the Praetoriate herself's been training for five thousand
years and only NOW is she considered ready to take her father's place here."

"Shampoo glad," she muses. "Shampoo...when she think about it, Shampoo no
want power Akane or Ranma have now. Shampoo not want to abandon family or do
other thing to become Jewel Warrior or Praetorian Guardian. Shampoo must seem
simple to Akane..."

"Don't degrade yourself, Shampoo," Akane sighs. "Given your society,
upbringing and experience, you're as complex as the rest of us. You know,
before this whole mess began, all I ever really thought of was to resolve
things between Ranma and I, then maybe get married and try to have a normal
life despite the insanity which seemed to haunt us all the time. But...to get
to that point would've meant the destruction of so much, potentially the death
of several of us. No thanks. It was solved in a way which allows people to
gain control over themselves. That matters more."

"Is good," Shampoo hums. "But what happen when Akane go with Ranma? How
Kasumi and Nabiki react?"

"I haven't told them yet!" Akane shudders. "Ranma hasn't even told her
mother about being a Jewel Warrior."

Shampoo hums. "Shampoo may have idea. Ask Great-grandmother first. Come
see you at school later?"

"Okay," Akane nods.

Shampoo races off. *What a change six days makes!* Akane muses as she
turns down the street. *Six days ago, it was the same grind. Then U-chan gets
her Jewel, finds out that Ranma-chan's next on the list, then rigs it up so
Ranma-chan gets the chance to make her decision without any of us getting in
the way. Ranma-chan freezes herself as a girl, then disowns her parents to end
the engagements and all that. She even becomes Shampoo's blood-sister of all
things! Not only that, I've become someone just as powerful as Ranma-chan and
I could potentially destroy my family when THAT news gets out! Eternity Above,
I think the Seekers had the right idea about wanting orphans to be Jewel
Warriors; Nabiki-onee-chan'd cheer me on all the way, but Dad'll NEVER accept
this and Kasumi-onee-chan's heart'll be broken because of it!*

"Akane!!"

She stops, then looks back as Nabiki runs up. "'Morning, Onee-chan. How
are you?"

"Pretty okay," Nabiki nods.

Akane sighs. "Look, I'm sorry about blowing up at you last night, but...I
wanted the chance to resolve this whole mess with Ranma-chan on my own,
okay."

"'Ranma-chan?!'" Nabiki's eyebrows rise knowingly, then she leers. "What
happened, Akane-chan?! I want details!"

"Fine, then," Akane sighs. "Ranma-chan and U-chan, believe it or not,
were selected to become Jewel Warriors, just like Major Dean Raeburn back in
World War Two. In a couple weeks, they'll be leaving for another planet to
fight a war with three other Jewel Warriors; one of them being Ranma-chan's
newly adopted sister Yumi Tachibana. I couldn't become a Jewel Warrior because
the Seekers, the race that scattered the Jewels around the universe, wanted
orphaned girls to be Jewel Warriors. However, the Praetorians, who sort of
work hand-in-hand with the Seekers protecting races like ours, decided it
wasn't fair for me to be separated from the person I love and her best friend,
so they gave me the chance to become a Praetorian Guardian. That's what
happened." She then grins. "Oh, after that, Ranma-chan, U-chan and I decided
we wouldn't be virgins anymore, so we...took care of business!"

Nabiki blinks, then crosses her arms. "Sure, sis, tell me another one..."
she muses, then all of Akane's words hit.

Akane sighs. *Sorry, my love,* she passes a hand over her eyes, then
opens them to reveal their new gold pigment.

Nabiki's jaw drops, the unreality of the moment hitting her like a
typhoon. "Akane, why...?"

"Why?!" Akane crosses her arms. "Oh, what was I supposed to do, then?!
Let Ranma-chan and U-chan run off into a war and not be there to help them?!
What do you think I am, anyway?!"

Nabiki shudders, then shakes her head. "No, no, this is not happening!"
she then stares hopefully at Akane. "Geez, we've been through more than enough
in one year, huh?! Don't you think it might be time to settle down and
relax?! Now you're telling me that you're going to run off with Ranma and
Ukyou to another planet to go fight a war?!! HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO
PROTECT YOU IF YOU DO SOMETHING STUPID LIKE THAT, HUH?!?!?!"

Akane sighs. "You said it yourself, Onee-chan. I love Ranma-chan. When
you're in love, you tend to do crazy things."

"Yeah, but 'crazy' includes getting into fights and keeping the competing
fiancees and your idiot fathers away, not practically becoming a demi-goddess
who's the lover to two superheroines!!!" Nabiki snaps. "Akane, that is way
past what I'd call 'crazy!!' 'Totally insane' is more like it!!!"

Akane chuckles. "Relax, Onee-chan. I'm trying to figure out something to
make sure you'll be okay when we go. But...I'm sorry, Onee-chan. I have to
do this. Besides, I'd think you'd be rooting me on, not trying to hold me
back."

"Eh?!"

"Aren't you the one who always likes to buck tradition all the time?"
Akane hums. "Aren't you the one who frowns on following a code of honour when
it doesn't guarantee basic survival? Nabiki, of all of us, you were the most
independently minded. You're the one with the brains and skills to succeed on
your own. Don't you want me and Kasumi-onee-chan to do the same thing?"

Nabiki blinks, then smiles. "Yeah, I do," she sighs, then stares at
Akane. "Um, you better do something with your eyes..."

Smiling, Akane closes her eyes, then opens them. Normal blue instead of
bright gold. "That has got to be such a neat power to have," Nabiki smiles as
they head off.

"Don't tell anyone about it, either," Akane sighs. "I don't think we need
any more trouble than what we normally get; instant news of this gets to
certain ears, trouble's bound to follow."

Nabiki hums. "Might cost you!"

Akane smirks. "Oh, maybe it's time I try out some of my other powers.
You volunteering to be my guinea pig?"

Nabiki jerks; after Akane's disasters in the kitchen, putting a Praetorian
Guardian's power in her hands was a guaranteed recipe for Armageddon. "Forget
I said anything!" she innocently whistles.

"Thought as much."

* * *

"There, that'll do it!!" Happousai shudders.

The aged master is now swathed from head to toe in specially treated
bandages, enchanted to ensure that he could still absorb the life-energy from
women without risking touching them. "I may look like King Tut's grand-uncle,
but this'll give me a chance to get some control over this mess!" he growls,
glaring at himself in the mirror, then he slips on his gi and runs off.

He didn't know how it was happening, but with Ranma and Ukyou having gone
off on their own, Shampoo planning to go home finally and some strange woman
wanting Akane, several of his favourite women would be all out of his reach
before the week was out. And that wouldn't be allowed. He was the master
here, not them...and if they didn't like it, that was just too bad.

* * *

"Good morning, class," Hinako Ninomira sighs as everyone takes their
seats, then stares at Akane. "Tendou-kun, is there any news on Saotome-kun and
Kuonji-kun?"

"They're alright, Sensei," Akane nods. "They'll be leaving within a week
or so; they'll be staying at U-chan's for the time being. As for when they'll
come back, I can't say."

"A pity," the child-teacher sighs. "While Saotome-kun had more than
enough reasons to want to be rid of his family, he shouldn't be ignoring his
education for much longer."

"I'm sure Ranma-ch...Ranma'll take care of that along the way, Sensei,"
Akane smiles, then mentally adds, *Yeah, she'll be going back to school,
alright...the School of Total War.*

With that, classes begin. Akane relaxes as Hinako begins her lessons,
part of her mind drifting off to do a casual pass around the classroom. It
wasn't a telepathic probe; she didn't want to invade their privacy and she
wasn't sure if her mind would wind up doing inadvertent damage even if she only
wanted to do a "passive" probe. Still, it was so neat just to watch the
energy forms dance from student to student, then try to figure out what it all
meant.

Hinako's energy aura was interesting on its own. Bands of dark, unnatural
energy surrounded each of her DNA strands, each forming strands of
power...shiatsu lines?...to certain points around her left shoulder. Ah,
that's right, that was the place where Happousai had told Ranma to hit to
reverse her chi-draining ability. Alright, maybe she could do something about
it...

*Whoa, Tendou, stop now!!* a part of her mind cuts in. *You don't know
the whole story about her! It could make it worse!!*

Akane tenses, then relaxes as Hinako begins asking questions. Good think
she could sub-divide her conscious mind so that part of her could pay attention
to things while the other parts were off doing an investigation. Sure enough,
Hinako's questions come her way. She answers, then relaxes as her mind
returns to scanning Hinako's energy aura to figure out the rest of her
problem.

Interesting. Hinako's chi-absorbtion power was a separate energy pattern
on its own right...in fact, it definitely was a natural gift. Its potential
was explosive if she had no training to control it. No problem there; with the
amount of delinquents she dealt with every day, experience would've come in a
matter of weeks. Okay, so how did that factor into her growth and age
regression problem?

*Ah, so THAT'S what Happousai did!*

Akane shudders on seeing the bands of energy connect the lines controlling
Hinako's gift to her curse. Naturally, Hinako's body would burn off the
excess chi energy without any physical changes. Happousai reversed that by
forcing excess chi into energy patterns which regressed her age, then locked it
into place. The only way to overcome that power...temporarily, that is, since
her body still burned off excess chi that wasn't committed to keeping her
locked in a child's body...was to infuse a lot of new chi energy all at once.
Okay, so by removing the links, that should free Hinako.

Biting her lip, Akane closes her eyes as she mentally reaches out, finding
the shiatsu lines locking her homeroom teacher into a child's body and
snapping them, allowing the chi to funnel back into Hinako's cells. A shield
is placed around her to prevent her body from burning off the chi before she
could be properly restored. Then, when the last is burnt off, Akane relaxes.

Hinako shudders, blinking surprisedly as she feels her body grow, her
voice deepening as she assumes her adult dimensions. Behind her, everyone
gasps on seeing her assume her proper physical age, then quickly quiet down as
Hinako spins on them. "Quiet!!!" she snaps, then stares at herself. "Well, at
least the clothes weren't ripped when this happened," she muses.

"You okay, Sensei?" Sayuri wonders.

"I...I seem fine," she hums.

Akane smiles, then bites her lip. Better have an expert on shiatsu lines
check this out. "Sensei, do you want me to call Toofuu-sensei and have him
come down to examine you just in case?"

Hinako blinks, then nods. "A good idea. Go ahead, Akane."

"Hai!" she nods, then runs out of the room.

As she doubles towards the secretary's office, a woman's voice speaks from
behind her. "First try?"

"Medusa!!" Akane smiles on seeing the ex-priestess/gorgon secluding
herself by the lockers, then nods. "Yeah!"

Medusa winks. "Proud of yourself?"

"I am. But I better make sure it was the right thing to do just in case.
Talk to you later!" Akane nods, then runs off.

"She's learning," Medusa nods, then vanishes...

* * *

"Well, Hinako, you're free," Toofuu Ono nods as he relaxes. "How does it
feel to physically be what you're supposed to be?"

"Wonderful!" Hinako sighs as she straightens her clothes, then rises from
the diagnostic bed in the nurse's station. "Any idea how this happened to me,
Sensei?"

"I wish I can say," Toofuu sighs. "All I can say is that someone or
something went into you and literally cut out the damage Happousai unleashed in
the first place...and did it with such skill, there'll be no physical
after-effects."

"What about my...power?" Hinako wonders.

"That's not affected, but I think you won't be needing it as much these
days," the doctor sighs. "Certainly, as a self-defence measure, it's perfect.
But I hope you won't think of..."

"I...well, I don't know," the teacher sighs. "I need that power to keep
some of the rowdier people in line in this place. I just hope I'm not addicted
to absorbing other people's chi."

"I doubt it," Toofuu nods. "Now, there might be some sense of dislocation
within your mind as you adjust to this. Your mind's been on an emotional
roller-coaster since this began, so it'll need time to adjust. Don't force
yourself and you should be fine."

"Thank you again, Sensei," Hinako sighs, then walks out of the nurse's
station, where everyone from her class patiently await. "Well, I am going to
survive!"

"What about your power and all that?" Daisuke wonders.

"If you decide to misbehave, Daisuke-kun, you'll still be in a lot of
trouble," Hinako warns, then sighs. "Look, everyone, for years, I've been
fighting what Happousai did to me, both in my body and up here," she points to
her head. "It'll...take me a while to properly adjust to what I am now.
I...don't want to be harsh on any of you, but if you see me...act odd, don't be
surprised."

"Hey, it's cool!" Hiroshi snorts. "Besides, you're a lot nicer to look at
now than before, Sensei!!"

A fleet of sledgehammers slams him down from every girl around him.
"HENTAI!!!! HIROSHI NO BAKA!!!!!!" they scream out.

Hinako laughs, then makes everyone head back to class. Akane remains near
the edge of the crowd, shaking her head. *Damn, damn, damn!! I should've
thought of the psychological damage she's taken over the years because of what
that old fart did! I just hope I didn't hurt her too badly; she doesn't
deserve that!!*

<<Cause and effect, Akane.>>

<<Medusa?!>> Akane jolts.

<<Your first big lesson,>> the former priestess hums as Akane heads back
to class. <<Everything you do to someone else has an effect, both positive and
negative. Believe me, your teacher was just like me when I was changed from
being a gorgon.>>

<<I'd think you'd be relieved most of all!>>

<<Don't bet on it,>> Medusa hums. <<When Aphrodite had her way with me,
she not only physically changed me, she mentally regressed me to the equivalent
of a cobra. All I cared about was hunting people, shooting them or freezing
them into statues. In fact, Perseus nearly nailed me by using his shield as a
mirror; you know how snakes react when they see their image. Believe me,
recovering from going through all of that wasn't a treat.>>

<<Yeah, that's true,>> Akane nods. <<But you had Calibos around to help
you recover, too.>>

<<She has a point there, love,>> Calibos chuckles.

Medusa giggles. <<And Hinako-sensei has my dad,>> Akane adds. <<Maybe
it's time to start playing matchmaker for them!>>

<<Be careful, Akane-chan,>> Medusa hums. <<Remember: cause and effect.
Even if you don't use your powers, everything you do in life affects someone in
some way. Analyze what you can do and postulate what effect it will have on
everyone, both body and spirit. When you weigh it all in, THEN make your
move.>>

<<Hai, hai,>> Akane nods.

"Akane, are you alright?!"

"Oh, Sensei!" Akane smiles at Hinako. "Um...actually, my mind was a
little distracted."

"Well, we do have class," the teacher warns.

"Hai!" Akane nods, then stares at her. "Would you like to come down for
dinner tonight?"

"Eh?!"

"Well, you are in love with my father, aren't you?"

"I..." Hinako blushes.

"Hinako-sensei, my father's been alone for a long time, ever since my
mother died," Akane sighs. "My sisters will soon head out on their own, as
will I. Who'll be there for Dad when we go?" She then leans up to the
teacher. "Who'll be there for you?"

Hinako blinks as she considers the point, then nods, a celestial smile
crossing her face. "Well, if your sisters won't object, I certainly won't. In
the meantime, we've got class to worry about now, young lady. Let's go!"

"Hai!" Akane nods as they head off...

* * *

Lunchtime rolls around. Akane smiles as she heads in, then takes her
place at a table. Nabiki is quick to join her. "I hear you were a little busy
today," the middle Tendou daughter winks.

"Eh?" Akane blinks.

"What happened to Hinako-sensei," Nabiki smiles. "I overheard someone who
heard what Toofuu-sensei said about her. Now, there's only ONE person here
now that can pull something like THAT off! Fess up, sis; what did you do?!"

Akane takes a cursory glance around the room, then lowers her voice. "I
just went in and cut out all the damage Happousai did to her when she was a
child," she explains. "What he did was to layer her DNA with shiatsu lines
that kept her regressed as a child. All I had to do was remove the layer and
*poof!*" she makes a bursting wave with her hands, "...she's back to normal for
the rest of her life." A frown then turns her lips. "What I didn't take into
account was how her mind now needs time to adjust to that sort of change.
Don't forget, she emotionally swung from being a little girl to a grown woman
every time she changed."

Nabiki crosses her arms, whistling. "Not bad, sis. Not bad at all. Your
first try?"

"Hai," Akane nods. "Now, all I have to do is find some way to get Dad
interested in her."

"Eh?!"

"Nabiki-chan, what happens when we all leave home?" Akane stares at her.
"Sooner or later, Kasumi-onee-chan will marry Toofuu-sensei. You've got your
career pretty well mapped out and you now know what's going to happen to me.
Who's going to be there for Dad when we're all gone?"

Nabiki trembles. "Akane...much that I understand why you did this, don't
you remember what Dad wanted in the first place? Who takes over the dojo, the
school? That's his dream, remember? That you and Ranma would've married and
run the school."

Akane frowns. "I know..."

"Ni hao!!"

Nabiki and Akane look up as Shampoo walks in. "Oh, Shampoo, ni hao!"
Akane smiles. "What brings you around?"

"Great-grandmother ask Shampoo to have Akane and Ranma come down to
Nekohanten," Shampoo smiles. "Great-grandmother have idea as to settle problem
with Akane's father."

"Okay, tell her we'll be by after school," Akane sighs, then leans up.
"Shampoo, PLEASE do not tell anyone about this," she whispers. "If word of
this gets to the wrong ears..."

"Shampoo understand," Shampoo nods. "Oh, Shampoo also saw old pervert run
around wrapped in bandages. Who make old pervert burn every time women touch
him?"

"Svetlana...Lady Ryasan, Lord Ryasan's daughter," Akane hums, then smiles.
"So, he's trying to escape his punishment, eh? We'll have to make him see
the error of his ways soon enough. Shampoo, please ask your great-grandmother
if she'll be willing to lend some advice towards that end."

"Shampoo guarantee solution Great-grandmother have will make everyone in
Nerima real happy!" Shampoo smirks. "See you!"

"'Bye, Shampoo," Akane waves as the warrior-maiden heads off, then sits
down. "Eternity, that is such a relief!"

"It's something to get used to," Nabiki muses. "You and Shampoo actually
getting along."

"Well, it's like the problem with Ranma-chan and me," Akane points to
herself. "As long as the formal engagement existed, we felt constrained. The
pressures made us lose control of our tempers. As long as the formal
engagement existed between Shampoo and Ranma, she had no choice but to see
U-chan and I as the enemy. Eternity Above, this is such a relief! Now that
everything's changed, we can finally relax."

"Until you go."

Akane notices the frown on her sister's face. "Nabiki-onee-chan, I have
no choice now."

"I...I know you don't," Nabiki stammers, wiping her eyes. "But...damn it,
Akane, you're my sister. How'm I supposed to watch out for my little sister
when she's off fighting a war?"

Akane smiles. "We have to grow up sooner or later."

"Yeah, that's true..."

"AKANE TENDOU!!!!!!"

Akane jolts, then spins around just as a storm of black roses races at
her, echoed by insane laughter as a lithe form leaps through a window.
"Kodachi!!" she snarls. "Just perfect!!"

"I'll get Ranma!" Nabiki runs off.

"So, THERE you are, you murderous trollop!!!" Kodachi snarls, her eyes
ablaze as her whip twirls ominously around her. "You're the one who killed
him, aren't you?!! You killed him because you hated him and wanted to make
sure I'd never have him!!! YOU MURDERED MY RANMA-SAMA AND NOW YOU'LL PAY FOR
IT!!!!!!"

Akane leaps for the rafters as the whip leaps out. "Fates, doesn't this
idiot have a clue?!" she growls, fists cocked as she prepares to pound Kodachi
into protoplasm.

<<Akane!! Remember!>> a voice barks in her mind.

Akane tenses, then sighs, her mind sub-dividing itself as part of it
concentrates on beating Kodachi back and the other part works on analyzing the
gymnast's energy field to probe for weaknesses. *Remember, cause and effect!*
she chants in her mind as she ducks a baton, then delivers a punch to Kodachi's
abdomen before dancing away. *Everything you do has an effect! Make sure you
analyze all the possible outcomes before acting! Think, Tendou!!*

Kodachi growls as she charges, her batons flying at the woman before her.
Akane backpedals, practically moonwalking clear of the explosives. "Man, you
ever see Akane move THAT fast before?!!" Daisuke gapes, staring at Hiroshi.

"Not in a million years!!" the latter nods.

"Get her, Akane-chan!!!" Sayuri yells.

Akane vaults to the rafters as a ribbon snakes past where she was, then
her eyes narrow as she gets a clearer look at Kodachi's energy patterns.
*Altered shiatsu points...shit, she's been drugged, too!!* she bites her lips.
*Can't risk a psi-probe...*

<<Let me,>> a male voice insists.

<<Bless you, Calibos!>> Akane nods as she flips down, then delivers a side
kick into Kodachi's stomach.

The gymnast is slammed into the wall, the rage in her eyes burning even
more brightly now. "Bitch, you'll pay for that!!!" she howls, charging.

By then, Ranma and Ukyou run into the cafeteria. "Akane-chan!!!" the
former gasps, then snarls on seeing Kodachi. "That tears it!! This bitch is
toast!!!"

"Don't, Ran-chan!!" Ukyou's hand cuts in front of the redhead's bosom.
"Let her handle this!"

"U-chan...!!"

"She can mop the floor with this dork now," Ukyou smiles.

"<<But what if she accidentally reveals what she's become?>>" Ranma
counters in Mandarin.

Ukyou's eyes widen. "I'll be fine, Ranma-chan!!" Akane calls out as she
ducks Kodachi's clubs. "Be there in a second!"

"Okay," Ranma sighs, relaxing by the door.

Everyone blinks at this change in Ranma's attitude towards her ex-fiancee.
"You aren't going to help her?!" Yuka gasps.

"She's got it handled," Ranma smiles.

"You are a fool, Tendou!!!" Kodachi shrills. "Do you think you can evade
me for long?!!"

"I can keep this up all day, slowpoke!!" Akane devilishly grins as
information pours into her mind. "Can you?!"

"Watch me!!!"

A storm of roses flies at her. Akane dances over the tables, the roses
exploding in her wake as students scatter for cover. "Missed me again!!" she
laughs. "Then again, what would you expect from an out-of-shape has-been like
you, Kunou?!!"

"WHAT?!?!"

"You heard me!!" Akane cartwheels to the other side of the room. "Look at
you! There's more fat content in your body than in Genma Saotome!! It's no
wonder people can mop the floor with you!"

Kodachi roars. "HOW DARE YOU?!?!?!"

Akane leaps over her ribbon, then delivers a knee into the gymnast's chin,
sending Kodachi crashing into a table. At the same time, her mind reaches out
to start disintegrating the drugs now warping her mind, restoring the shiatsu
lines that were driving her into such a frenzy back to normal. *Happousai will
die for this, slowly and painfully!!* she vows as the last is burned away,
then backs off.

Kodachi shakes her head, then blinks confusedly as she wobbles to her
feet. "Wh-...what happened...?" she murmurs, then her short-term memory comes
back. "What made me...?"

"You were most likely drugged, Kodachi," Akane sighs, still tense. "Do
you remember exactly what brought you here?"

Kodachi rubs her temples. "Yes...Onii-san just told me that
Ranma-sama...killed himself to save his sister...I got very upset
and...then...something happened..."

"Most likely, someone took advantage of you, drugged you and hypnotized
you into thinking I killed Ranma-kun," Akane sighs.

"Did you?!" Kodachi demands.

Akane shakes her head. "No. Ranma-kun died by his own hand. Believe me,
even after all the times we fought, I would've NEVER wished for him to do
that!"

"<<What's going on here?!>>" Ranma turns confusedly to Ukyou.

"<<Maybe A-chan told Kunou that your male self killed himself to save your
female self,>>" the chef shrugs.

"Pigtailed girl!!!"

Ranma moans as Kunou appears behind her. "Hello, Sempai. What brings you
around here?"

Kunou blinks, then notices Ranma's shorn locks. "Wh...what have you done
with your hair...?"

"I cut it," Ranma snaps. "And by the way, my name's 'Ranma.' Would you
mind calling me that instead?!"

"I...I apologize, Ranma..." he stammers, then gently grasps her hand. "I
cannot beg your forgiveness for all the errors I made concerning you and your
brother. Please, accept my sincere condolences at your tragic loss."

Ranma blinks, then sighs. "I...in a sense of the term, I haven't seen my
brother in over a year, Kunou-sempai. It...still hasn't hit me yet. Please, I
need some more time alone."

"Of course," Kunou nods. "Are you well, Koda-chan?"

"It appears someone has taken advantage of my grief over Ranma-sama's
death to make me attack Akane Tendou," Kodachi leans against a table.
"I...still don't know who caused it..."

"Most likely Happousai," Akane snorts. "He's the only one who loses out
big-time with Ranma-kun gone and Ranma-chan soon to go."

"Indeed, where is the lecherous little troll?!" Kunou snarls. "I shall
smite the beast with my trusty blade for all the trouble he has forced upon us
all!"

"Just look for the little ball of bandages running around," Ukyou snorts.
"That's his way of trying to get around someone's spell that makes his skin
burn every time he touches a woman."

"Indeed, Ukyou Kuonji?" Kunou blinks, then laughs. "Whatever kind
sorcerer who performed such an act deserves our eternal gratitude if not more
for punishing the troll for his misdeeds."

<<Cause and effect, Svetlana-chan?>> Akane muses.

<<No comment.>>

* * *

"Damn it all, what happened?!!" Happousai snarls as he watches Kunou and
Akane walk Kodachi to Toofuu's clinic. "After warping that cutie's mind
around, she should've mopped the floor with Akane-chan!! At least, it should'a
made Ranma-chan come running to the rescue like she's always done!!! What's
going on here?!!"

"We're tired of having you manipulate us, that's what!!"

He spins around to see Ranma and Ukyou standing behind him, arms crossed
and very displeased looks on their faces. "Ranma, m'love!!!" he howls, leaping
at her...

...then smashes into a force-field around the redhead, falling dazedly to
the concrete! "Sorry!!" Ranma yawns. "Not interested!"

"Let's just make sure this twerp doesn't cause much more trouble!!" Ukyou
draws one of her throwing spatulas, then lunges.

Happousai is too dazed to resist as the sharp edges rip through his
protective bandages, then he does a good imitation of a top as Ukyou yanks
what's left off him! "There, that should make him think twice about bothering
us again!!" Ranma snorts. "Let's go look in on Kodachi, U-chan!"

"Right behind you, Ran-chan!!" Ukyou smiles.

"Hold it!!!"

Both sigh, then gazes at Happousai, whose battle aura now burns brightly.
"What now, Jiji?!" Ranma hums.

"I'm gonna show you respect!!!" Happousai snarls, then starts tossing off
his pineapple grenades. "HAPPOU-DAIKARIN!!!!!!"

Ranma and Ukyou dance away from the explosions, both assuming positions to
either side of the aged master. "Missed us!!" the latter smiles, drawing her
combat spatula.

"Now you gotta kiss us!!" the former taunts.

"My pleasure!!!" he lunges at her.

Wolfishly grinning, she aims on target. "MOUKO TAKABISHA!!!!"

"Ran-chan, no...!!!"

Ukyou leaps clear as the ball of chi, presently magnified to levels of
power undreamt of before thanks to the Jewel tucked under Ranma's shirt, roars
at Happousai. The aged master gapes, stunned at the power Ranma was throwing
off in a single attack, equal to HUNDREDS of Ryouga's Shishi Houkoudans...then
the ball consumes him, the explosion sending him into orbit with a scream, the
blast wave nearly wrecking Furinkan High School along the way!!!

As the smoke clears, Ranma blinks, lowering her hands, stunned at what she
just did. "Oh, Fates...!" she gapes, then immediately runs into the blast
zone. "Is anyone hurt?!!"

"Relax, Ran-chan!" Ukyou drops down beside her, then stares at the huge
hole in the ground the redhead made. "But remind me never to get you angry at
me ever again! Wow!!"

"Oh, Fates, I should've remembered...!" Ranma shudders.

<<Sorry,>> her Jewel pulses. <<But you did want to be rid of that
creature, didn't you?!>>

"Yeah, sure, but..."

"Ranma-chan!!"

"Mom!" Ranma turns as Nodoka runs up.

The elder Saotome gapes on seeing the destruction her daughter just
wrought, then stares at her. "Um...what happened? I heard you scream
something, then an explosion occurred..."

"Ran-chan's final attack," Ukyou explains. "But she just put a little too
much juice behind it!"

"'A LITTLE too much juice?!'" Nodoka blinks.

Ranma giggles embarrassingly at her mother's knowing stare. Ukyou smiles.
"Regardless of which, I don't think Happousai'll be around anytime soon...if
he doesn't wind up drowning after being blasted into the Pacific by that
shot!!"

"I aught to have better control," Ranma sighs.

Ukyou pats her shoulder. "You'll get it, Ran-chan! You always get what
you set your mind to!"

"Thanks," Ranma smiles, then stares at Nodoka. "Um...what brings you
around? Something wrong?!"

"Yes, it's your father!" Nodoka sighs. "Try as I might to make him see
reason, he insists that since you are technically no longer in mortal danger,
the agreement with Tachibana-san has no validity...and he's accusing you of
cowardice by freezing yourself as a girl and renouncing ties to the family! In
fact, he's been trying to contact Souun so they could force you to restore
your manhood and renew your engagement to Akane-chan. In fact, he's even gone
so far as demanding that you re-curse your friend Hibiki-san and show him how
to undo the curse on himself!"

"And it all starts again!!" Ranma snarls, crossing her arms. "Once I do
that, then the engagement to Shampoo's back on...and it's not fair to her...or
Mousse for that matter!"

"I know," Nodoka sighs.

"Why don't you just wave your katana around his neck and make him see the
error of his ways?!" Ukyou wonders.

The elder Saotome shrugs. "Just as I couldn't really hurt my child...how
could I hurt my husband?"

"Why did you marry him, Mom?" Ranma wonders.

"He has his many faults, Ranma-chan...but I still love him," Nodoka sighs.
"I know it doesn't sound right, certainly would strain honour to the
limits...but as you yourself said, personal happiness must take precedence
sooner or later."

Ranma sighs. "I can't, Mother. He doesn't have the right to demand I
re-curse Ryouga and he certainly doesn't have the right to force me together
with Akane-chan against my...OUR wills! If Akane-chan and I're going to form a
lasting relationship, it will be for US, not for him and Mr. Tendou!
And...there's something else as well. Simply...I...can't be the one to
continue the Art."

"What...?" Nodoka blinks. "Ranma-chan, what's wrong...?"

Ranma and Ukyou exchange looks, then the former reaches into her shirt to
pull out her glowing Jewel. Placing her hand over the alien device, Ranma
closes her eyes and concentrates. Energy bursts from the device, shredding her
clothes and remoulding them into a beautiful green gi-like loose shirt and
pants trimmed in red and decorated with alien glyphs. A sword belt wraps
around her waist, the buckle decorated with a yin-yang symbol. A scabbard then
appears, sheathed within it a katana-like sword with four cat-claw like
projections around the haft below the handguard. The energy then fades as
Ranma's eyes open. "This is why."

Nodoka blinks, stunned at the transformation, then her eyes fall on the
alien device that made it possible. "Ranma-chan..."

"I am now what is called a Seeker Jewel Warrior," Ranma sighs. "If you
want to compare me to anyone in history, do so with Major Dean Raeburn; she was
the Jewel Warrior chosen to protect Earth. This Power Jewel comes from the
solar system of another world, Kaemal. As we speak, the Kaemali, people who
possess no technology and are at a cultural level equivalent to our Jomon era,
are now under attack by alien creatures who seem bent on destroying the planet
and all on it. On the recommendation of Lord Ryasan and at the request of Yumi
Tachibana, herself a Jewel Warrior who, with her friends, has fought these
beings on Kaemal for twenty years, I was selected to become a Jewel Warrior.
To be one...demanded that I renounce my manhood once and for all; only women
can become Jewel Warriors. I have accepted that fact and within the
week...will go forth to perform the duty Fate has placed before me."

Silence falls as Nodoka takes that in, then looks down. "Why, Ranma-chan?
Why did you say 'yes?'"

"Because of something good Oyaji taught me, Mom...something I've always
believed in," Ranma smiles. "Because it is the duty of a martial artist to go
out and protect those who can't protect themselves. That's a code I've always
adhered to, for all the good and ill it's done me. But...in this case, even
warriors such as Happousai or Cologne could never survive in battle against
these things. I needed an edge...but to get that edge..."

"You had to adhere to the stipulations the creators of these Jewels
placed," Nodoka nods, then sadly smiles, her eyes tearing. "I was hoping for
the chance to finally know my child. Now it's been stolen from me again...once
and for all..."

"I'm sorry, Mom..."

"Don't be," Nodoka sighs. "If I was in your position, I probably would've
said 'yes.' It's not only the honourable thing to do...it's the right thing
to do, too."

"Thank you," Ranma smiles, then wills herself back to normal before
embracing her. "I'll make this up to you, Mom," she smiles. "One way or
another, I'll give you what you want!"

With that, Ranma turns and heads off. Ukyou remains still for a moment,
then turns to follow. "Ukyou-chan?" Nodoka hums.

"Yeah?" Ukyou looks back.

"Did it...?"

Ukyou draws out her Jewel. "I got mine three days before Ran-chan got
hers," she admits. "But be assured, I never had any influence over Ran-chan's
choice. As a matter of fact...you might say that...Ran-chan's choice
influenced my being chosen."

"But what of Akane?"

"Akane-chan...she has a family, Mrs. Saotome," Ukyou sighs. "I don't
thanks to your husband's actions ten years ago...and at the time she got her
Jewel, Ran-chan practically had no family to call her own, either. Even if you
and Ran-chan reconcile, the decision's been made and can't be reversed. For
that...I'm really sorry, Mrs. Saotome. You're a good person and you deserve
much better than this, but Fate can be a really cruel, inhuman thing at times.
We gotta take the hand we're given and play it."

"I see," Nodoka nods. "I'll have to think about this, then. Who does
know about this...?"

"Akane-chan knows, as do Cologne, Shampoo and Mousse," Ukyou hums.
"Please don't tell your husband or Mr. Tendou about this. They've been...so
warped by their dream of marrying Ran-chan and Akane-chan, anything, ANYTHING
that threatens to destroy their dream'll set them off and all it'll end up
doing is hurt people who don't need to be hurt or who've been hurt enough.
Ran-chan's and Yumi-chan's plan...while it hurts, is the best for all involved.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna keep an eye on her...because her
decision's hurt Ran-chan as much as everyone else."

"Of course," Nodoka nods, then as Ukyou turns away, looks at her.
"Ukyou-chan?"

"Hai?"

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me, Mrs. Saotome," Ukyou smiles. "When it comes to Ran-chan,
I'll always be willing to help."

* * *

"Are you alright, child?"

Ranma looks up to see Cologne staring concernedly at her. The redhead was
now relaxing in the Nekohanten, the CLOSED sign at the door keeping the
curious away. "Yeah, I'll be fine," she wipes her eyes, then smiles. "It's
just that...I told Mom about this..."

"She should be proud of you, then. I certainly am."

"Thank you," Ranma sighs. "And I suppose part of her is proud. But...at
the same time, she'll never be close to her child again. Thanks to Oyaji's
obsession, my mother never saw anything of her child for ten years...then when
she came by to look for us, all she saw was 'Ranko Tendou,' not the child she
gave birth to. Now, with the truth out...in a week's time, she'll say good-bye
to me...and maybe never see me again in this lifetime. Oh, damn it all, why
didn't I think about what'd happen when she found out...?"

"Cause and effect, Ranma-chan."

Ranma looks as Akane steps in, then leans back as the guardian begins to
rub her shoulder. "Everything you do has an effect, either positive or
negative," Akane sighs. "Look at me. I became a Praetorian Guardian, but that
decision could shatter the hearts of my family...just like your decision will
shatter your family."

"Yeah, aren't we both a pair of bakas?" Ranma smiles. "It must've rubbed
off from me to you, Akane-chan. Now you've got the 'run off and save the
world' bug!"

Everyone laughs. "I think congratulations are in order for you, Akane,"
Cologne smiles. "Not only for your becoming a Guardian, but for what you did
to that poor child Hinako. Of all of Happy's victims, she's the one who needed
the help the most."

"Yeah, I just have to watch out when I want to help someone the next
time," Akane sighs. "I never took into account all the psychological trauma
she's suffered thanks to that old goat. By the way, Ranma-chan, nice job with
that lech this afternoon."

"It wasn't so nice, Akane-chan; I nearly destroyed the school after the
Jewel made my Mouko Takabisha make Ryouga's Shishi Houkoudan look like a New
Year's firecracker!"

"It comes with time and experience, Ranma," Cologne smiles. "I've always
been impressed by you kids. The way you learn from your mistakes...why, in a
few years, you'll be really unbeatable."

"Yeah, but now the learning curve's become more dangerous," Ranma frowns.
"One false step on our parts and people could die."

"True, but you should do well," Cologne nods, then smiles as Ukyou comes
in. "Ah, you're just in time, Ukyou."

"Something wrong?" the chef wonders.

"Not really," Cologne looks back. "<<They're here!>>"

Stepping out of the kitchen, followed by Shampoo and Mousse, is a wizened
woman older than Cologne, bearing a beautiful staff and sigils marking a high
leader. Akane, Ranma and Ukyou brace themselves as she hops onto a table,
Cologne relaxing beside her. "So, this is the one who's so entranced young
Shampoo here," she stares at Ranma, then glares at the warrior-maiden. "How
could you let such a catch like this slip through your fingers, child?!"

"Shampoo did many things that not impress Ranma to marry her instead of
Akane, Elder Mist," Shampoo admits.

Mist nods. "Yes, it is sad that your determination could've become your
downfall. But even in defeat, lessons are learned, not just for you, but for
all the tribe."

"Ranma, may I present my friend, the leader of the Council of Elders of
the Nyu-che-zuu of Joketsuzoku, Nyu Miz-tzu," Cologne begins. "Elder, my
great-granddaughter's fiancee and heiress of the Saotome School of Musabetsu
Kakutou-ryuu, Ranma Saotome."

"A pleasure, Elder," Ranma bows formally, then switches to Mandarin.
"<<For Shampoo's convenience and your own, would you be willing to converse
this way instead of Japanese?>>"

"<<As long as all can understand it,>>" Mist smiles at the gesture, then
gazes concernedly at Akane. "Though I do wonder of the young Praetorian
Guardian with us today."

"You mind?" Ranma gazes concernedly at Akane.

"I said I'll do it next time, Ranma-chan," Akane winks, then bows formally
to Mist. "<<It's quite alright, Elder. Thanks to a fellow Praetorian
Guardian, I've come to recently master the energy forms necessary for language
translation. Please, go ahead.>>"

"<<Thank you,>>" Mist nods, then gazes at Ranma. "<<The day you came to
our village, Ranma, you were totally unaware of our laws and ways...and through
the selfish actions of your father, you were forced into combat with our
village champion. As you were a girl at the time, your death was warranted by
our laws, which began quite an odyssey for yourself, Xian-pu and Kun-lon, not
to mention Mu-tsu, Akane Tendou and Ukyou Kuonji. In essence, we were all
trapped, Ranma. We, by laws which have, despite their harshness, served the
Nyu-che-zuu well over the last three thousand years. You, by your father's
reckless actions and your own desire not to see anyone hurt because of who and
what you are.>>"

A deep sigh. "<<We have had to learn from being trapped like that,>>"
Mist continues. "<<After Kun-lon appraised us of the sheer numbers of problems
facing you, many of which were forced on you because of your father, we
considered it basic humanity to welcome you as one of the tribe. Yet...we were
stymied by the love you expressed to Akane Tendou, a love that has seen you
endure much over this last year. Sadly, Kun-lon and I...couldn't do anything
to help you. Our Council is filled with elders of many opinions, including
those who saw you not as a person, but simply as perfect breeding stock to
create a new generation of warriors which would've guaranteed the survival of
the Nyu-che-zuu for years.>>"

"<<I don't know whether to be flattered or frightened,>>" Ranma muses,
shaking her head.

"<<Indeed,>>" Mist nods. "<<However, your solution has indeed served all
around you. By accepting and adopting your cursed form as your permanent body,
you cannot be Xian-pu's mate. At the same time, you eliminate the other
engagements, preserving the honour of those unfortunate women your father
abused...and gives you control of your destiny, which is what you deserve.
That you also have become a Jewel Warrior, that you soon will go forth to the
world which has been defended by Xian-pu's blood-sister Chisato Kadokura and
her gallant friends for so long, can only bring pride to us all. Even if you
cannot marry Xian-pu, you deserve to be one of the Nyu-che-zuu, Ranma
Saotome...and that is what will happen!>>"

"<<I accept the honour, Elder Miz-tzu,>>" Ranma bows. "<<I am pleased to
do so even if part of me...feels unworthy to be adopted into Xian-pu's family
after the many misunderstandings between us. I am relieved that my soon-to-be
blood-kin can finally return to her home with her honour intact and be with
those who must miss her dearly. As I have...wandered for so long learning my
Art, there have been many things I have missed. A full and loving family, for
one, especially my beloved mother Nodoka...who now knows of my fate and
now...has to face the fact that after finally learning of what happened to me,
she may...never see me again after I depart for Kaemal with my fellow Jewel
Warriors. But that is something I must resolve on my own, Elder Miz-tsu.
Right now, I think it's time for my friend Xian-pu to have her life back.>>"

"<<So be it,>>" Mist nods. "<<Nyu Xian-pu, your fiancee has been forced
by circumstance and choice to forever assume her cursed form. Do you accept
her as your blood-kin?>>"

"<<I do, Elder,>>" Shampoo bows.

"<<Then, let it be done!>>"

Shampoo draws a knife, then stares at the Jewel at Ranma's bosom. "You no
mind this?"

<<Don't make the cut too deep,>> it flashes.

Everyone smiles as Shampoo gently draws the blade over her palm, then
Ranma's. As their blood flows, their hands come together. "<<Blood of my
blood, flesh of my flesh, family of my family. You who were once my fiancee,
you who have chosen of your own free will to assume a woman's form forced on
you by the springs of Jusenkyou to fight the good fight on another world far
away, are now my sister in blood,>>" Shampoo intones. "<<To that end, I give
you the name all in the tribe will from this day forward address you as...Nyu
Luan-ma.>>"

"<<As I was your fiancee, so shall I now be your blood-sister, Nyu
Xian-pu,>>" Ranma smiles. "<<Though fate now takes me to another land, if ever
one raises a hand against you or your kin, I shall be there to protect you as
one of my own flesh and blood.>>"

Shampoo beams as they embrace. "<<So it is done,>>" Mist smiles.
"<<Luan-ma, as is your right and duty, you must now choose one to take your
place as your blood-sister's husband.>>"

"<<So I shall, Elder,>>" Ranma bows, then indicates Mousse. "<<May I
present Nyu Mu-tsu. As you may well know, he has long desired the hand of my
blood-sister, but could not because of my blood-sister's bond to me.
Further...I must now reveal that Mu-tsu is One Who Suffers In Silence. He
gladly, without a care to the ridicule such a decision would force on him, took
a vow that if he EVER raised a hand against Xian-pu in anger, his own life
would end by his own hand. Despite his vision problems, his unwillingness to
challenge her, he has willingly stood by Xian-pu's side over the last year. He
has proven his bravery, loyalty and love for Xian-pu to me and my friends many
times over since we first met.>>"

"<<So you have chosen,>>" Mist nods, then gazes at Mousse. "<<I thought
you would've taken such an oath, Mu-tsu. While I admire you for your decision,
many in the village would not, even if Luan-ma has decreed you will stand in
her place.>>"

"<<I am prepared to endure whatever is necessary, Elder,>>" Mousse bows to
her.

"<<Given that Xian-pu has only recently learned of Mu-tsu's oath, Elder, I
must, for their sake, place one condition on their bonding,>>" Ranma sighs.
"<<Xian-pu and Mu-tsu need time to forge a proper, loving bond, one that will
respect both sides' desires and dreams, one that would provide a nurturing home
for their children. As one who comes from a shattered home, my greatest
desire is to see their children grow up with both mother and father caring for
them, teaching them the ways of the Nyu-che-zuu. They need the chance to truly
learn about each other, Elder.>>"

"<<As it shall be, then,>>" Mist nods, then sighs. "<<Well, that's
finally settled.>>"

"<<Only with us, old friend,>>" Cologne muses. "<<Even if this goes by
the letter of the laws, some might...give Shampoo and Mousse problems in the
future.>>"

"<<Oh?>>" Ranma's eyebrow rises. "<<Cologne, do me a favour, please. If
anyone tries to hurt Mousse or Shampoo or force them to break up, warn them
this: I am but a few hours flying time away even on Kaemal and if they're hurt
because some thick-skulled idiot can't abide by what I've done for them, then
they'll answer to me...and this,>>" she taps her Jewel. "<<I want my friends
and family to be happy...and that is what'll happen.>>"

"<<I'll do that,>>" Cologne savagely grins, then sighs. "<<Friend Mist, I
have a great favour to ask of you.>>"

"<<By all means ask, friend Cologne,>>" Mist nods.

"<<Given...the bond that existed between Ranma and Akane, the desires of
their fathers to unite the schools of Musabetsu Kakutou-ryuu...and given the
terrible burden now forced on them, which will forever force them away from
Ranma's beloved mother Nodoka and Akane's loving sisters Kasumi and Nabiki...I
request that...Ranma and Akane be permitted to travel at once...to
Jookoji-shima...and immerse themselves within Nini-Quan-Qi-Niang!>>"

Everyone blinks...

* * *

To be concluded...