[Ranma][FanFic] The Girl Who Wasn't and the Princess Who Was 3

Darwin Cruz

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
Pug Productions

Author: Pug
dc...@ctron.com
cru...@rpi.edu
web address not yet available.

Insert standard disclaimer here:
A fan fiction based on Takahashi Rumiko's Manga series,
Ranma
1/2. The characters of Ranma 1/2 are the property of
Takahashi
Rumiko and her licensees.
All characters portrayed in this story are owned by their
respective creators and companies. I don't own any of
them. Please don't
sue me.

Genra: Ranma/Tenchi Muyo Alternate Reality, cross-over.

Version notes:

Ver: 1.00 created: Aug 10 1999
This is still a draft. Forgive any spelling or
grammar mistakes.

Previous: Ranma leaves the Tendo dojo in search of a cure
to his curse. To escape the fiancée mess, his mother has
disowned him from the Saotome clan. In his search, Ranma
has come to the Masaki Shrine and had met the daughter of
the priest there. Her name is Achika Masaki.

The Girl who wasn't and the Princess who was

Chapter 3.

The Future.

The room was dim, the only light coming from the
flickering of an old 8mm film being watched on the screen.

"Tenshi-sama, what are we watching?" Ayeka asked.
She was munching on a seaweed wrapped cracker of which she
had a bowl full.

"It's an old film." Tenchi explained. "Sasami-chan
found it and a bunch of old pictures when she was cleaning
out the basement. I didn't even know they were there."

Tenchi turned his head back to the screen. The home
made movie showed a young dark haired girl walking alone
through a wooded area.

"Tenchi, who is that girl?" Sasami looked on
curiously. Ryo-Ohki was perched on top of the little
girl's head as usual.

"That's my mother Sasami-chan."

"Ahhh, she's very pretty!" Sasami said taking
another cracker from the bowl Ayeka held.

"She should be, she's a descendent of the Juri
family. It's in the royal blood." Ayeka commented.

"Funny, don't you have royal blood too, Ayeka?" Ryoko
asked smirking. She finished the cracker she was munching
on and reached for another.

Ayeka pulled her bowl away. Glaring at the space
pirate.

"Hey! You can't eat all of it!" Ryoko growled.
Ayeka just stuck her tongue out at her, then bit down on a
cracker.

Ryoko went over and grabbed Tenchi's elbow.
"Tenchi," she said in a fawning voice, "Ayeka is being
greedy again, eating all those crackers. Everyone can see
how much weight she's gained cause she's such a glutton."

"Uh..." Tenchi said nervously as he looked between
the princess and the pirate.

Before the inevitable fight could begin, Sasami spoke
up. "Tenchi, who's that?" The green haired girl said
pointing to the screen.

Everyone forgot about the argument and looked to the
film. There they saw another girl standing next to Achika.
She was a bit shorter with her hair was tied up in a
pigtail. Achika was next to the pigtailed girl the two
were obviously friends. Achika seemed to be enjoying the
day while the other girl had a somewhat annoyed expression.

"She looks kind of familiar, can't seem to recall
from where though." Ryoko's brows knitted in thought.

"I don't know," Tenchi replied. "I don't think I've
seen her before. I guess she was a friend of my mother's."

As the group continued to watch, an odd thing
happened. Almost as if a person was taking an eraser to
the projected image, Achika and the pigtailed girl began to
disappear.

"Hm, something must be wrong with the film." Tenchi
got up to check the projector. And then the pain hit him.
"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!"

"Tenchi!" Ryoko cried.

"Oneechan! What happening to Tenchi!" Sasami
grabbed at her sister.

"Tenchi-sama is disappearing!" Ayeka screamed.

Tenchi looked at his hand as he gasped for breath.
It was translucent and quickly fading away. "W-what's
happening to m-"

****----***----****

The present, 1970.

"I got ya now 'old man'!" Ranma taunted throwing a
quick series of punches at his opponent.

Katsuhito fell back before the onslaught. The past
two months of constant sparing had greatly improved Ranma's
skill, and Ranma's tenacity only served to make the boy
more dangerous. But even backed by his stubbornness, Ranma
was still no match for the Shinto priest.

Ranma charged in and quicker than he could react,
Katsuhito sidestepped and smacked him on the back adding to
his momentum. Ranma was sent sprawling with the little
push and landed on the ground taking a mouth full of dirt.

"Not bad." Katsuhito said walking over to him. "Not
bad, but not good either. " He held his hand out.

"I'll get you tomorrow," Ranma vowed taking the hand
up. Ranma laughed to himself. He had been saying that
since he had first fought the older man. 'One day...' he
thought.

"It's almost time for dinner. Achika-chan said she
was making something special tonight."

"I'll catch up, sensi. I just want to practice a bit
more," Ranma said.

Katsuhito nodded. "Don't over do it."

Ranma started the kata Katsuhito had taught him. He
owed much to the Shinto priest. Even though Ranma had been
a stranger when he first came, Katsuhito had welcomed him
openly. The Masaki shrine had become a new home for Ranma,
Katsuhito and Achika, a new family. His curse nothing
changed in the priest's eyes. In fact Katsuhito had already
known about it. The priest wouldn't tell him how he had
known which still irked Ranma.

When he finished, Ranma went home for dinner.

**--*--**

"That was great Achika! I'm so stuffed, that I can
hardly eat another bite," Ranma said finishing the last of
the rice in his bowl. It was his fourth serving.

"Well that's too bad, you'll have to miss desert
then." Achika smiled getting up to go to the kitchen. She
came out carrying a small chocolate cake. "I baked it
myself," she said proudly.

"Wow!" Ranma said, feeling his appetite returning.
"What's the occasion?" He asked.

Achika glanced at her father and smiled.

"Sensi?" Ranma looked at the man.

"This is for you, Ranma." Katsuhito said pulling a
paper wrapped package from behind him.

"What's this?" Ranma pulled the strings and
unwrapped the gift. Inside was a black jacket and matching
black pants. "A uniform?"

Achika nodded excitedly. "Yes, father arranged it
so that you could attend school with me when it opens next
week. At first they wouldn't admit you since you didn't
have any parents..."

Ranma winced at the statement.

"Ranma I didn't mean..." Achika said embarrassed.

"It's ok Achika. So how did ya get ronin like me
into school old man." He said looking at Katsuhito.

Achika handed him a slip of paper. "Father declared
himself your legal guardian. This is your registration
card, Ranma."

Ranma's eyes widened when he saw the piece of paper.
"Sensi?" Katsuhito had already done so much for him, and
now this. As his guardian the old man was willing to take
responsibility for him. Ranma felt a knot in his throat as
he spoke. "Thank you... thank you very much, Masaki-
sensi."

"Are you sure, Ranma?" Katsuhito asked.

"Yes sensi, I am sure. It would be nice to go back
to school," Ranma said looking down at the card.

Achika smiled and began cutting the cake.

****----***----****

It was autumn. With the end of the summer months
came the beginning of a new school year. Students once
more walked down the halls, played in the schoolyard, and
gossiped about things that had happened during their
vacation.

It was a time for friends to see old faces. In
Ranma's case it was a time to see a whole bunch of new
faces. Getting off the bus, he looked at the campus.
'Feels just like my first day at Furinkan,' he thought.

"Ranma?" Achika asked.

"Just remembering a few things from the last school I
went to, Achika," Ranma said to the girl next to him. He
tugged at the collar of the school uniform her wore.
"These things itch," he muttered.

Achika laughed. "The uniforms aren't that bad Ranam.
Besides, didn't you have to wear on at the school you went
to before?"

Ranma frowned. "No, never wore a uniform in my
life."

"Well I think you look quite handsome in one," Achika
said blushing. An odd expression came on his face.
"Ranma?"

"We're going to be late Achika," he said walking off.

"I'll catch up. I just want to say hello to my old
friends."

Ranma nodded and headed off to class.

***---**---***

Ranma got to the homeroom the teacher wasn't there
yet. The students patiently waited at their desks chatting
among themselves as they waited.

Ranma took one of the seats near the back of the room.
Ignoring the looks he received from the flustered
girls in the
class he leaned back in his chair and relaxed.

"Hello," the student next to him said. "You must be
new here."

"Yeah, I transferred here. I'm Ranma," he said
turning to the boy who had spoken.

"Pleased to meet you, Ranma-san."

"You don't have to be so formal. Just call me
Ranma."

"Very well then, Ranma. I'm Nobuyuki." They shook
hands.

From the corner of his eye, Ranma saw Achika come in
with two other girls. The three were caught up in some
friendly conversation.

"How was your vacation Achika-chan?" A girl sitting
next to her asked.

"It was ah... interesting, Tanaka-chan." Achika
said.

"Meet any cute boys at your father's shrine?" Tanaka
said teasing. She knew how isolated the shrine was.

Achika choked.

As Achika was about to answer, another girl turned
around. "No keeping secrets now Achika." Akemi said. I
saw you coming off the bus with that boy. You looked
pretty close. Spill it, Achika!"

"Which boy?" Tanaka butted in.

"The one with the pigtail sitting near the window.
Oh he looks sooooo cute!" Akemi held her hands to her
face and sighed.

"Him? That hunk with Nobuyuki?" Tanaka said
surprised. "So, Achika-chan. Tell us about your
boyfriend." Tanaka leaned in.

"R-ranma and I aren't like that," Achika said
desperately.

"His name is Ranma..." Akemi had a dreamy look on her
face.

"There's nothing between us, he just stayed up at the
shrine during the summer." Achika tried to explain.

"You spent the summer the summer at that isolated
shrine of yours with that cute guy? How romantic! I want
to hear everything you did, and don't leave out the juicy
bits." The two other girls were practically drooling.

"It wasn't like that!" Achika argued.

"Ranma..." Akemi sighed again.

"I just feel sorry for Nobuyuki-kun, being tossed
aside like yesterday's newspaper. I know you had the
biggest crush on him last year when school ended." Tanaka
looked at the other boy next Ranma was chatting with.

Achika blushed.

"Achika-chan, now that you have your Ranma I can have
Nobuyuki-kun right?"

"No! I'm telling you that Ranma's not my boyfriend."
Achika said exasperated.

Tanaka sniffed. "Humph how greedy, wanting two cute
boys for yourself."

"Ranma..." Akemi said.

Achika gave up in disgust; she was saved from further
embarrassment when the teacher came rushing through the
door. The teacher was a tall blond woman, nicely tanned
and wearing a pink sweater with a dune skirt.

As the teacher moved to her desk she tripped over the chair
and fell throwing various papers she had been carrying into
the air. She got up with a sheepish look on her face and
introduced herself to the class. "Um... hello... I'm
Mihoshi Kurumitsu." The papers fluttered down around her.

Everyone in the class was too shocked to stand up and
greet Mihoshi.

"Please don't tell me that's our teacher," Ranma said.

Nobuyuki could only shake his head in wonder as Mihoshi
fell to the floor again while trying to snag a paper in the
air.

It took a full ten minutes for Mihoshi to get
organized, the class looked on with a mixture of disbelief.
Just as Mihoshi was about to begin the day's lesson, the
principal walked into class and introduced himself.

"Mihoshi-sensi, sorry to interrupt your class but
you'll be teaching two more students who are joining will
be joining you."

"That's wonderful!" Mihoshi said.

The principal, Mr. Tamo addressed the room. "I know
that all of you will welcome our two new students to our
school."

Achika and everyone else in the class turned their
attention to the new students coming through the door.
There were oohs and aahs when the first girl walked in.
She walked with a graceful step and her demure manner
captivating the students.

Achika felt like a clumsy walrus comparing herself to how
the girl moved. Nervously she glanced over to Ranma
gauging his reaction to the new girl. Achika relaxed when
she was his indifferent look. Achika caught herself. 'Why
am I being so protective all of a sudden?'

"Hello," the girl said softly. "I'm am Ayeka Juri."
She bowed and took her seat in the class. She sat just a
seat over from Achika.

As the class was marveling Achika, another girl
entered the room. Everyone gaped in shock at her spiked
hair and punkish look. "Yo!" She said giving the victory
sign as she sauntered in.

"Ahem." The principal cleared his throat.

"Name's Ryoko Hakubi," she said casually. She then
took a seat next to Ayeka who seemed perturbed by the act.

From his seat Ranma perked up. 'Ryoko? Naw, can't
be. Just a coincidence.'

As Mihoshi started class, Achika saw the tension
between the two girls grow.

"Honestly, Ryoko, why can't you act normal for a
change!" Ayeka whispered angrily.

"Well, I guess I can't be all prim and proper like a
stuck up snob I know." Ryoko smirked.

"Ryyyyyyyoooookkooooo..." Ayeka said through her
teeth as she leaned in.

"Any time," Ryoko replied, her hands began to tingle
with energy. It was then that Ranma fell out of his seat
from leaning back too far. Both Ayeka and Ryoko noticed
the reaction that the boy had. The two quickly stopped
their argument and quickly turned their attention to the
front of the class.

Ranma climbed back into his seat. Now and again he
would steal some glances to the two new girls. 'Damn,
those two make Akane's battle aura look like a night light.'
He shivered thinking what could happen if those two ever went
all out.

Achika sat in her chair growing a bit distressed at
Ranma interest in other girls.

***---**---***

With the noon bell came lunch. The students got out
their bentos clustering around together to talk.

Achika opened up her container looking at the food
inside. 'Wow, Ranma sure packed a lot of food for me. I
don't think I can finish this much.'

At his desk Ranma sneezed. "Au nuts!" He muttered.

"Something wrong Ranma?" Nobuyuki asked?

"I packed myself the wrong lunch." Looking over
across the room he was Achika digging into 'his' lunch.
His stomach growled as he poked his chopsticks in the bowl.

From their part of the room Ayeka and Ryoko were
watching the two boys.

"Amazing isn't it, Ayeka?" Ryoko was talking with
her mouth full. "Going back in time and seeing Tenchi's
mother and father?"

"Tenchi looks a lot like his father doesn't he?"
Achika said daintily picking at her food.

"I agree, he does look cute. But not as cute as my
Tenchi though."

Ayeka slammed her chopsticks down. "What do you mean
'your' Tenchi!?!"

"Just what you think it means!"

Everyone in the room was looking at them now. Ryoko
spun around. "What are you all looking at?!?" The
students quickly turned back to their food and started to
eat quickly.

"Humph!" Ryoko said sitting down and tearing into
her food. Ayeka grew a seatdrop.

***---**---***

The halls became filled with students when the end of
the day came. Going to their lockers to change their shoes
and pack their books.

As Achika made her way through the hall, she saw a
familiar pigtail stick out in the crowd.

"Ranam!" She yelled above the noise. Achika saw
Ranma wave at her as she made her way toward him.

When she got to him she was surprised to see another
familiar face. "Nobuyuki-kun!"

"Achika-san, how are you?" The spectacled boy
smiled.

"You know each other?" The three of them spoke at
the same.

Nobuyuki laughed. "Achika and I were friends since
grade school"

"Oh..." Ranma said.

"Ranma, how do you know Nobuyuki-kun?" Achika asked.

"We just met today." Ranma confessed.

"And you two know each other already right?"
Nobuyuki asked.

"I live with her." Ranma said tilting his head to
Achiak. Ranma flushed realizing what he said. "I mean
we're living together... but not like that! Well ya
see..." Ranma found himself turning to Achika for help.

"Ranma's been living up at the shrine with father and
me. He's been training with father and helping with the
shrine." Achika explained calmly, though her face had a
slight red tint to it.

"Ah..." Nobuyuki said understanding.

***---**---***

"You and Nobuyuki seem to know each other pretty
well." Ranma said. He and Achika were the last people on
the bus. The commute from the shrine to the school was a
long trip because of its location.

Achika perked up at the remark. "We're very good
friends," she said.

"Just friends?" Ranma asked.

"Yes, just friends. Why do you ask?" said Achika.
She felt her heart beat a little faster. 'Is Ranma
jealous?' She studied his face and wondered.

Just then the bus slowed to a stop. Looking out they
saw the stone steps leading up to the shrine. "Our stop,"
Ranma said.

Achika quickly got up and exited the bus. Ranma
slowly made his way down the aisle. At the front of the
bus he saw his reflection in the rearview mirror. 'Just
friends...' he thought to himself.

As he stepped off, Achika grabbed his hand. "Ranma
it looks like it's going to rain," she said. "If we hurry
we might be able to get home before it starts."

Ranma nodded and the two of them were quickly
scampering up the steps. The house came into view as Ranma
felt the first drops of water hit him. "Should have known
by now that it was pointless trying to avoid cold water,"
he muttered.

"Well at least we're home." Achika said opening the
front door. "Hello? Father?" Ranma wrung her red pigtail
before she walked in.

When Achika and Ranma entered the main room, they saw
Katsuhito sitting at the table having tea with two girls.

"You two!" Achika exclaimed as she recognized Ayeka
and Ryoko.

"Achika-chan, we have some guests staying with us for
a while. The school called and asked if we could look
after Ayeka and Ryoko. It seems that they live a good
distance away and the daily commute to school would be too
difficult for them." the priest explained. Ayeka and Ryoko
both smiled and waved. "I'm sure we will all enjoy the
extra company."

Achika smiled. "I'm sure of it father. And besides,
Ayeka and Ryoko are in the same class as I am. "

Ayeka and Ryoko saw Ranma slinking away toward the
kitchen. Katsuhito noticed and cleared his throat. "You
already know my daughter Achika, but you might not know
Ranko-chan."

Ranma froze in mid step. "Uh... Hi!"

"Pleased to meet you Miss. Ranko," Ayeka said.

"Yo!" Seconded Ryoko.

"Ranko-chan is a student of my. She is also staying
here."
Katsuhito explained.

"You go to the same school as us?" Ayeka asked, oddly
looking at the boy's uniform the redhead was wearing.

"Um... sorta..." Ranma said hesitating.

"Funny, I don't remember seeing you at school," Ryoko
commented. Her brows knit thoughtfully.

Ranma was beginning to sweat. "Well... I guess I
better get dinner started," she said with a forced smile.
"Achika, would you please help me?"

"Sur- ack!" Achika felt herself grabbed and was
dragged away to the kitchen.

"Would you like some more tea?" Katsushito asked.

Ayeka and Ryoko blinked.

In the kitchen, Ranma was pacing back and forth while
Achika was calmly getting the utensils. "What am I going
to do now? They've already seen me like this. I can't
changed back."

"We could tell them about your curse," Achika
suggested trying to calm the redhead down.

Ranma gave her the 'look'.

"Ok... I guess you'll have to be Ranko for a while."

"I'm already getting a bad feeling about this."
Ranma shivered. She began to chop up the vegetables for
the meal. "Ayeka seems ok, but that Ryoko... I mean her
name..."

"Odd isn't it? It just seems to fit her though."
Achika shrugged.

"Why do I feel like everything has suddenly gotten
complicated."

"I thought it would be every guy's dream to be in a
house filled with cute girls." Achika smirked.

"Not when I'm one of the girls!" Ranma said
exasperated.

Achika saw the expression on Ranma's face and burst
out laughing. "Sorry Ranko er... Ranma."

The redhead shook her head in disgust. "Well at
least three cute girls out of four ain't bad."

"Hey!"

"Gotcha!" Ranma smiled.

The rest of the cooking was carried out smoothly.

***---**---***

It was evening.

"How are things going?" Tenchi asked as Ayeka and
Ryoko approached. He, Sasami, Mihoshi and Kiyone were
waiting at the now deserted Masaki shrine.

"Tenchi!" Ryoko said wrapping herself around the
boy's arm.

"Ryoko, can't you see that your bothering Tenchi-
sama," Ayeka snarled.

"Your just jealous cause Tenchi is showing his true
affections for me." Ryoko retorted.

"Ryoko..." Ayeka began dangerously.

"A-Ahhh... Ayeka... Ryoko..." Tenchi began so sweat
heavily.

Just then Sasami jumped up gathering her backpack.
She looked very cute wearing a shirt and shorts toped off
with a baseball cap on her head. "Everyone, Washu is
giving us a call," she piped in. She pulled down a pair
of reflective shades from the brim of the hat and an
antenna emerged from her backpack.

The shades became a small monitor and after a bit of
static an image of Washu at her terminal was seen.
Everyone crowded in around the little girl to get a better
view.

"Ah good! You all made it to the past safely. I
wasn't sure if the time machine was going to work or not,"
Washu, the greatest scientific genius in the universe,
said.

"What!?!" was the collective response from the group.

Ryoko pushed Tenchi out of the way went to the front
of the small monitor. "What do you mean that your weren't
sure! We could have been sent to who knows where by your
stupid machine!" Ryoko was fuming.

"Details, details. What's important is that your all
there and now we have a chance at saving Tenchi's parents,"
Washu said chearfully.

"Washu-chan!" Tenchi squeezed between Ryoko and
Sasami. "Do you know whey my mother will disappear and
who's causing it?"

"Well, with Kiyone's help we've verified the
disappearance of GP headquarters. Their last transmission
dealt with something called KAIN. I have also managed to
narrow down the time the incident will occur. It will be
some where within the next seven days. With a little more
time I'll give you a more accurate answer."

"Thank you Washu-chan," he said gratefully.

"How was school?" Washu said turning to Ayeka and
Ryoko. "Did any of you find anything interesting? How are
Tenchi's parents?"

"Tenchi's mother looked fine." Ayeka told the group.

"I saw her also," Tenchi said. "She almost spotted me
during her gym class. I'll have to be more careful next
time. I didn't see my father though. How's he doing."

"You father looked almost as cute as you, Tenchi."
She pressed herself against him.

Ayeka cleared her throat. "The two seem to be
getting along well. I saw them talking in the halls after
class."

"That's a relief. If those two don't get together
I'll never be born," Tenchi said.

"Oh, we also found out who the other girl in the
movie was."

"Who is she Ayeka?" Tenchi asked.

"Her name is Ranko, she's a student of your
grandfather. She's living up at the shrine with your
mother. They are pretty good friends." Ayeka explained.

"In the film she was disappearing also, just like my
mother. That means that what ever happened to my mother
must have happened to Ranko also." Tenchi's brows knitted
in thought.

"Hm... I think it would be best if you keep a watch
over Achika and Ranko until I can pinpoint the exact time
and place the two of them disappear," Washu said from the
small view screen.

Everyone nodded in agreement. "We better turn in
then, we have a long day tomorrow," Tenchi said to the
group.

****----***----****

Four girls rode on the bus to school. Achika sat
with Ranma sharing one of the seats. Achika looked at the
redhead who was nodding off. "Ranko are you ok?"

Ranma had a groggy look on her face. "Yeah, I'm fine.
I just couldn't seem to get to sleep last night." Ranma
yawned. "There was some kind of buzzing in my ears. It
kept me up all night. Did you hear anything?"

Achika shook her head. "No, I didn't hear a thing
last night. Ryoko, Ayeka, did you hear anything last
night." Achika turned to the two other girls sitting
behind them.

"The only thing I heard was Ayeka snoring." Ryoko
smirked.

"I do not snore!" Ayeka said angrily.

"Ah... Never mind." Achika said quickly as she saw
another argument starting to build. She quickly sat back
in her seat.

"Don't those two ever stop?" Compared to them,
Akane, Shampoo and Ukyou's arguments seemed tame. Ranma
felt sorry for anyone unlucky enough to get caught in the
middle of an argument between the two.

The girls disembarked at the school. Walking through
the gates, Ayeka leaned over to Ryoko. "Ryoko, do you know
why Ranko is wearing a boy's uniform?" She said in a
hushed voice.

"Um-hm," Ryoko said nodding. "She's a tomboy."

"Ah... so that's it," Ayeka said nodding. 'I guess
thats the way things work on Earth,' the Juri princess
thought.

Achika and Ranma had both heard the remark. Achika
covered her mouth to keep from laughing while Ranma
struggled to keep her temper.

"Well, I better get going," Ranma said leaving the
group. Along with her books and lunch, she also carried a
large thermos. 'Just got to find a place to change,' Ranma
thought.

"Where's Ranko-san going?" Ayeka asked.

"Ranko is in a different class than us," Achika said.

"It's for all the tomboys," Ryoko said.

"I see," Ayeka said.

Ranma walked off, her pigtail standing on end.

****----***----****

"Today we will be going over the legend of the Demon
of Rashomon," Mihoshi said starting class. "It is a love
story between a princess, a demon and a warrior..." She was
reading through her notes.

"Ah, Mihoshi-sensi?" Nobuyuki raised his hand up.
"Didn't you already go over that sto... eh?" He felt a
jab at his ribs and saw Ranma shaking his head.

"What was that?" Mihoshi asked looking up from her
mess of notes.

"Ah... Never mind sensi," Nobuyuki whispered over to
Ranma. "Ranma, why did you stop me?"

Ranma yawned "I wanted to get some sleep but I didn't
want to miss anything. Wake me up when it's lunchtime will
ya?" With that he rested his head in his arms. Quiet
snoring was heard a few minutes later.

Nobuyuki rolled his eyes, then pulled out his
sketchbook and started drawing.

The rest of the class followed suit, as Mihoshi was
busy fumbling with writing down notes on the chalkboard.

After lunch was recess. Many students took the
opportunity to stretch their legs and enjoy the outdoors
before the second part of the day began.

Ranma was on his way to his locker to put his lunch
box away. As he rounded the corner he spotted Achika going
through one of the doors leading out to the campus.
"Achika!" Ranma called out, but the girl didn't hear him.
With a shrug, Ranma followed after.

Rounding the corner he crashed into one of the
janitors. "Sorry about that. Are you ok?" She asked dark
haired woman.

Kiyone nodded. "I'm fine, are you ok? I should have
been more careful."

Ranma picked up the empty bucket and mop and handed
it to Kiyone. "Here ya go." He said hurrying after Achika.

"Thanks." Kiyone walked off muttering to herself.
"Graduated second in my class in the academy and I'm
mopping floors..."

****----***----****

Nobuyuki sat by himself near the edge of campus. He
enjoyed the view and peacefulness of the place. With a
content look he sketched away in the drawing pad he always
carried.

"Nobuyuki-kun aren't you on clean up duty today?" A
voice said behind him.

"Oh Achika!" He said a bit startled at her sudden
appearance. He quickly closed the book and shoved it under
his bag.

"What are you doing way up here?" Achika asked.
Then her eyes fell upon an exposed corner of the drawing
pad. "Hey, what are you drawing?"

"It doesn't matter..." Nobuyuki said hesitantly.

"Well..." Achika feigned indifference then as soon as
Nobuyuki let his guard down she quickly pulled the book
from beneath the bag and flipped through the pages.
"Please show me, show me!" She chirped as the looked
through the book.

Nobuyuki tried in vain to get the book from her.

"What's this?" What's this she asked pointing to one
of the sketches.

"It's a house," he said giving up.

"A house?"

He looked out to the horizon. He began a bit
nervously. "Well I--I I love..."

"Yes?" Achika looked at him a blush coming to her
cheeks.

"I love to imagine and draw different houses like
this. I'd like to be able to build one some day."
Nobuyuki explained to her.

"Oh?" Achika said. Oddly she felt a mixture of
disappointment and relief at his remark.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked looking at her
expression.

"Oh, it's nothing..."

"Can I have the book?" Taking the book in hand,
Nobuyuki started to fill in the last of the details in the
picture.

"Uh you know, a window might be nice by the roof,"
Achika suggested as she watched him. "Don't you think?"

"What?" He tried adding a few lines. "Like this?

Achika shook her head. "Well more like that."

"Hey you've got good taste Achika-chan," Nobuyuki
laughed as he added the finishing touches.

"You really think so?"

"Yeah."

In the distance hidden behind one of the trees, Ranma
watched. With a downcast expression, he put his hands in
his pockets and slowly walked back to school.

****----***----****

"How was your day, Achika-chan?" Katsuhito asked
greeting the four girls coming home.

"It was ok, father. I just can't wait for tomorrow
though." Achika smiled.

"Ah, that's right." He said rubbing his chin. "The
field trip to Tokyo eh?"

Achika nodded. She looked over to the other girls,
"Would you like some help with diner, Ranko?" Behind were
Ryoko and Akea who were caught up in another petty
argument.

"No thanks Achika. I can do it myself."

"Oh..." she said surprised by Ranma's brisk manner.

"What's eating her?" Ryoko asked turning away from a
fuming Ayeka.

"I don't know..." Achika had a concerned look on her
face. 'Ranma seemed pretty excited this morning about the
trip.'

Ranma set dinner at the usual time. Everyone
gathered around the table with expectant looks on their
faces.

"Mmmm... Smells good!" Ryoko said as Ranma brought
out the dishes. "Looks good too."

"You've done a wonderful job Ranko-san." Ayeka dug
into the bowl.

"Thanks." Ranma brought out the last of the meal.

Achika noticed that Ranma didn't even look at her
when she served her. Ranma had been like this since the
afternoon. Achika kept silent hoping that Ranma would get
over what was bothering her.

"Ranko-chan, are you not having dinner with us?"
Katcuhito asked when he was Ranma head back into the
kitched.

"I ate when I was making dinner, sensi. I better
start packingmy things for the trip." Ranma said curtly.

Katsuhito nodded his head.

Achika slowly chewed her food. She wasn't' feeling
that hungry anymore.

Dinner ended and Ranma was nowhere to be found.
Achika had cleared the table and washed the dishes in the
redhead's absence. With the chores done, she excused
herself and went looking for her friend.

Going to the only place she could thing of, Achika
put on a jacket and went outside. Though it was late in
the evening, a full moon was out lighting up the night sky.

Achika carefully made her way down the lit path.
When she reached the training area she heard her. Through
the opening in the woods, she saw Ranma going through
various katas while balancing on the wooded posts anchored
in the ground.

The redhead's brow was covered with drops of
perspiration and her shirt was damp with sweat. "What do
you want?" Ranma asked, not stopping in the exercise.

Achika was startled by not only the way he had
detected her presence but also by the coldness of his
words. "I-I did the dishes for you..." she began.

"You didn't have ta, I would have done em' later,"
she said.

"Ranma, I..."

"Just leave me alone for a bit, Achika. Please..."
Ranma turned her back to her and started the exercise
again.

Achika's face was filled with confusion. She
couldn't understand why Ranma was acting like that. She
tried to speak out but no words would come. The night air
seemed colder and she felt a dull ache grow with her. The
path home seemed darker and lonely.

Achika was gone.

Ranma stopped the kata and wearily leaned up against
a tree. "Damn it!" she said slamming her fist into the
wood causing a chunk to break off. 'You don't need another
fiancee. You got more important things to do. You got a
cure to find,' She reasoned with herself. 'Besides, how
could she possibly love some freak like you?' Ranma sank
down to the ground and buried her face in her hands.

As she sat there a dull ringing grew in her ears. It
was the same ringing which had been plaguing her sleep for
the past few nights.

Ranma shook her head a few times but the ringing
remained. She tried cupping her hands over her ears but it
did no good. With a resigned sigh she groggily made her
way back to the house.

As she walked the ringing became stronger. "What the
hell is going on?" She started running through the woods
trying to get back to the house. When the noise became too
painful Ranma staggered to the ground gripping her head.
And then the sound suddenly vanished.

Looking around, Ranma found herself facing the
Masaki Holy tree. "Here?" Her eyes widened. The tree
stood solemnly in the moonlight.

"You doing this to me, aren't you?" Anger started to
grow. Around her a yellow aura of Ki formed. As she had
done countless times before, Ranma used her Ki reaching out
to the Holy tree. Once again the images of the past filled
her mind. The ringing returned and now she understood that
the noise was actually the sounds that were associated with
the images flashing before her.

As she watched she felt the barrier again. Some
unknown force pushing here away. "You won't beat me... not
this time..." Ranma said through her teeth. She focused
her Ki and fought back pushing against the force. With the
force of her will, she compressed her aura tighter and
tighter as far as she could down to a single point. With a
final push, she punched her way through.

Ranma found herself tumbling in a swirl of light and color
pulled by a force that was irresistible. Glancing below
her she saw her body sitting near the Masaki tree. The
tree itself was glowing, a pillar of light was shooting out
from it. She realized that she was in that pillar.

Ranma traveled upward, the land below her growing
smaller with each second. Soon the earth was nothing more
that a point of light as her journey continued through the
stars.

Her mind reeled, trying to contemplate what was
happening. But the stress was too much, and consciousness
left her.

When she awoke Ranma found herself lying on top of a
stone pillar. There were other pillars around her, varying
in height and size. All of them rising out from water.
"Where am I?" The surreal world stretched out toward an
endless horizon of black.

Picking a direction in random, Ranma hopscotched from
one pillar to another. On the water's surface she saw her
reflection, her male body stared back at her. "How..."

It was then that a shaft of light rose up in the
distance. "I guess someone's home." She made her way
toward it hopping from pillar to pillar again. Surprise
grew on her face when she found the source of the light.
It was another tree just like the one in the Masaki shrine.
But this one looked older, more ancient.

"What is this?" She moved forward. She was caught
in mid-stride as an elegant woman appeared facing her. She
wore silken robes of pastel shades, and her cyan hair
reached far down her back.

"Hello Ranma," the woman said.

"How do you know me?"

"I've been watching you. From the first moment you
came to the shrine I've been watching you."

"Who are you?" Ranma asked in awe.

"Tsunami." Her rich voice echoed around them.

"Your were the one who behind everything. The
images, the sounds, the power... You were what I felt
within the tree weren't you?" Ranma accused.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"To test you... To train you..." she said simply.
"You passed. In fact you were more than I expected."

"Train me for what?" Ranma felt her anger grow as she
realized she had been manipulated.

"Something is coming Ranma. Something so dark and
evil that, even those who would call themselves gods
tremble in its wake. I have chosen you Ranma. You will
the instrument in stopping what is to come."

"Forget it!" Ranma yelled back. "No body uses me!
Go find som-" She stopped as a collage of horror passed
through her eyes. Ranma saw slaughter of thousands, she
heard the screams of anguish when they died, and through
all the suffering a ghostly face of white smiled.

Ranma fell to the ground shivering. "Get out of my
head!" She said through clenched teeth.

"You've seen the face of evil, Ranma. You've seen
Kain."

Ranma relaxed as the face faded from her mind. From
where she sat Ranma saw Tsunami's reflection in the water
around. It was the image of a little girl with two
ponytails.

"What are you?" she gasped.

"I am older than most stars, I have watched
civilizations rise and fall, and yet with all my power my
hands are tied. To interfere directly would allow others
to do the same. Only you can do what needs to be done."
She said simply.

"I said I don't wa-"

"Do you love Achika?" Tsunami asked.

"What?" Ranma was taken back by the question. She
found herself looking at Tsunami's pale eyes.

"Kain is coming for her. He'll find her no matter
where she hides and chase her to infinity and back. You
are her only hope."

"Why! Why Achika?"

"Because of what she is. As a descendant of Yosho,
there is a potential with her that has yet to be awakened.
Given more time Achika could fend for herself. But as she
is now... At best she might survive the conflict only to
live a shortened life. At worse..."

"Why should I believe you? You could be lying to me,
using me again! Hell, I could be dreaming this entire
thing!"

"Do you truly believe that?"

Ranma shut her eyes and steadied her breath. She
knew the answer, she knew it within her heart. "What can I
do against that monster?"

Tsunami smiled. "You'll know when the time comes."
She held her palm out. "Return..."

Ranma's mind snapped back into focus. "No! Wait, I
need to know if you can cure me!!!" She yelled as she felt
herself falling away. She tumbled back through the stars,
speeding through Earth's atmosphere via pillar of light.
And then she was back.

"Achika... What do I tell her?" Kain's face surfaced
in her mind again. "Nothing..." Ranma decided. "Better if
she didn't know..." With a tired sigh, Ranma slowly made
her way home.

****----***----****

A knock came to the door. Achika placed the last of
her things in her bag and went to answer it.

"Ranma..."

"Can I come in?" the redhead asked.

Achika nodded and stepped back from the door.

"About tonight..." Ranma began. "I..."

"Ranma?" Achika saw the hesitation on her face.

"Achika I'm sorry about the way I acted. I shouldn't
have treated you like that. You... I..."

Achika felt her heart beating faster and her mouth go
dry.

"I... just wanted to tell you that whatever happens I
promise to be there for you Achika. I'm your friend no
matter what." Ranma said quietly.

"Ranma wait, I..." Achika caught herself. Her heart
was beating faster and she could feel a warm flush grow on
her face.

"Goodnight Achika." Ranma closed the door behind her.

She went to her bed and curled up with a pillow.
"Just friends..." she repeated.

****----***----****

The train ride to Tokyo had been a disaster. About
half way through the trip a massive breakdown occurred in
one of the cars. Luckily no one was hurt but the delay
lasted for hours. The students got to their rooms late in
the evening leaving little time to explore the bustling
city of Tokyo that night.

The next day the tour of Tokyo began, everyone was
tired and grumpy from the lack of sleep. It was a blessing
that the first stop of the was the city park. It gave the
students some time to relax and wander off on their own.

Achika among the trees, gold and orange of autumn
fell around her. It amazed her how in a large city like
Tokyo, a place like this could exist. It reminded her of
the Shrine back home.

As she walked, Achika saw Ranma walking toward her
with an annoyed look on her face.

"Ranma, what are you doing? Why are you a girl?"

The pigtailed girl frowned. "You wouldn't believe me
if I told you. I can get wet if I was in the middle of a
desert." she muttered. "I got to find a place to change
back." She said looking at the thermos with the bag she
carried.

Achika turned her face in amusement. It was then
that she and Ranma noticed that they weren't alone.
"Nobuyuki-kun?" A boy with a camera stood there. "Oh come
on, you again? What are you shoot me for?" Achika said in
embarrassment.

"To make a record of memories." Nobuyuki said.
"Who's your friend Achika-chan?" He turned the camera at
Ranma. The group continued to walk entering the center of
the park. Other students were gathered around there also.

"This is Ranko. She is a friend of mine in a
different class," Achika said.
"Hi," Ranma said softly looking between the two.

"Nice to meet you, Ranko-san. Now I've got a question
for the two of you. Are you enjoying this trip?" He said
focusing the camera.

"Yes I am, but there is one thing I'm worried about
my father," Achika said. I wonder if my father is eating
ok."

"I'm sure the old man's fine." Ranma said.

Achika smiled. "I know, but still I worry about
him."

"Next question," Nobuyuki said pointing his camera at
them. "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

Achika thought for a moment. "Maybe a bride?" She said
blushing.

Around the three, other students heard the
conversation. "Whew, Getting hot and heavy, aren't you, you
two?" They commented on Nobuyuki and Achika's red faces.

"What are you implying we're just talking." Achika's
face was flush with embarrassment. "Ranko, how about you,
what do you want to be when you grow up?" She asked.

Ranma shrugged. "A guy..." She walked off ignoring
the odd looks and stares she got from everyone. "I'll
catch you later, Achika."

Achika was just as surprised as the others with the
bluntness of Ranmas answer. "Ranko..."

From a park bench, Ryoko and Ayeka watched her go.

"Tomboy, definitely a tomboy." Ryoko said.

Ayeka nodded in agreement.

****----***----****

Everyone sat around the table with worried looks on
their faces. With a quiet hum the hologram projector
turned on and a small image of Washu appeared before the
group.

"Washu-chan!" Tenchi said to the image.

"Hello everyone!" said the super genius.

"Have you figured out a way to save Tenchi's mother
yet Washu?" Ryoko asked.

Washu nodded. "Yes, but before I explain my plan we
should better know who we're facing." With that, another
screen popped up and a text box opened up and gave a
rundown of information.

Code name K-A-I-N
Super A-class criminal
Age: unknown.
Gender: unknown.
History: unknown.
Distinguishing characteristics: none
Offender number 070669 rank A
Universal era 507410
Characteristic energy form classified as NVO
General warrant issued:
Wanted for destruction of planets, suspicion of murder
Destroyed 13 federated planets and 275,000 spacecraft
Confined in the GP subspace network for the past 100 years

The room was silent as everyone digested the
information. "Kiyone, I'm scared," Mihoshi cowered next to
her partner.

"Get a grip Mihoshi! Remember you're a member of the
Galaxy Police!" Kiyone said harshly, but inside even she
was terribly frightened.

Finally Tenchi spoke. "Washu-chan, why is he after my
mother?"

"Kain is a being of pure anti-Juri energy. One
hundred years ago he went on a killing spree rampaging
throughout the known universe and destroying all in his
path. He was finally caught by a trap laid by the Galaxy
Police and with the help from the royal family of Juri.
Ever since Kain has had a personal hatred for anyone having
the Juri energy which imprisoned him. Now he has traveled
back in time to kill Achika and Lord Yosho." Washu
finished.

"I can't let that happen. I won't let that happen."
Tenchi said.

"How can we stop this guy Washu?" Ryoko spoke.

"Tomorrow is the day that Kain will come for Tenchi's
mother. It will happen in Tokyo tower. No on here is
strong enough to face Kain head on. Our only option is to
set a trap for him."

"A trap?" Ryoko asked.

"Yes. We wil need to produce enough energy to trap
Kain back into subspace."

"How about Achika or Yosho? Can either of them give
us enough Juri energy?" Ayeka said.

"No, I don't think that either of them could produce
the amount we need. And in any case it would be better if
we they didn't. When Kain was caught, the emperor of Juri
died in the process from giving up too much of his energy.
Our only choice is to find another source of energy."

Then how do we get the Juri power we need?" Ayeka
looked at Washu's flickering hologram.

Kiyone, show them the may I gave you." Washu
instructed.

The police detective unfolded a map of Tokyo.
"Washu-san said of five places where we can produce Juri
energy here on Earth. We should be able to channel the
energy from these places using this..." she pulled up a
brief case onto the table and opened it. "...the Psy-Wave
booster."

Washu nodded. "There are five transmitters which
need to be placed at each of the five sites. The main
booster has to be in position at Tokyo Tower. When Kain
arrives, we can set off the trap by remote and send him
back to subspace. Timing is critical. Everything has to
be in place before Kain arrives. Each of you will have to
go to one of the sights and place the transmitters."

"Let me take the main booster to Tokyo Tower," Tenshi
said. "I have to be there for my mother. No matter
what..." He pulled out the Tenchi-ken from his pocket, a
determined look on his face.

"Right then, Tenchi. Leave the rest to us," Ryoko
said.

Washu nodded. "All right then. Tenchi will take the
main booster to the tower. The rest of you will have to
place the other pieces of the device at the stated
locations. As soon as you place the transmitters, make
your way back to the tower."

"Be careful then Tenchi." Sasami said worriedly.

"Myia..." seconed Ryo-Ohki

"I will, Sasami."

****----***----****

Tenchi made his was through the crowd. He carried
the maini booster unit in the bag on his back. The area
was packed as numerous tourists and visitors milled their
way around the base of Tokyo tower. There were long lines
for the elevators as people waited patiently to ascend up
to the observatory deck.

"Where are they?" Tenchi looked around searching for
the group of students, which his mother was in. "Maybe I'm
early?"

Just then where a section of the crowd parted, he saw
his mother with her friends. She was talking to boy with a
smile on her face. "Is that my father?" Tenchi struggled
making his way near the edge of the crowd to get a better
look. As he pushed his way forward he tripped and
staggered forward running into another figure.

"Ack! Grugle! Watch where you're going!" Sputtered
the angry redhead whom he had accidentally pushed at the
water fountain. "All I wanted was a sip of water, not a
bath!"

"S-sorry," Tenchi backed up from the angry redhead.
She looked familiar to him somehow and then is clicke in
his mind. "You!" He exclaimed recognizing the redhead as
Ranko, his mother's friend who also disappeared in the
film.

"Huh?"

"I mean... you alright?"

"Yeah... Do I know you? Ya look kind of familiar."
She said leaning in and squinting.

"Um... I don't think so." Tenchi replied nervously.

"I'm sure I've seen you some where before..." she
said frowning.

"I positive that we haven't met before. Excuse me,"
Tenchi ducked back into the crowd.

"Hey, wait," the redhead called out after him.

Weaving his way though the pack of people, Tenchi
finally breathed a sigh of relief seeing he had lost Ranko.
"Got to get the booster on the observatory deck," he reminded
himself. He looked down at his watch; Time was running
out.

****----***----****

"Where did he go?" Ranma searched the crowd. An
ominous feeling had been haunting her ever since they left
school. Though out the entire trip Ranma had been on guard
preparing for anything.

Achika had commented on her jumpiness. Her excuse
was never being in a large a city as Tokyo before. This
was true in part, there were just so many things happening
to keep track of it all. Ranma's constant state of
alertness was taking its toll on her.

"I'm never going to find that guy in with all these
people!" She said in disgust.

"Ranko!" A voice called out over the crowd.

She turned and saw Achika waving at her. Achika and
the rest of the students were getting in line for the
elevator to go to the observatory. Ranma saw Nobuyuki next
to her and frowned. Ranma looked at this school bag and
thought about the thermos full of hot water inside. "Damn,
no time to change back."

With a sigh Ranma headed toward the group.

****----***----****

'I hope everyone got to their assigned places on
time,' Tenchi worried. From his position in the back of
the line he could see his mother. He also looked at the
redhead Achika was with.

He was a bit nervous at how Ranko had seemed to
recognize him. Everyone said that he took after his
mother. Seeing Achika now, he realized how right everyone
was.

The ding of the elevator opening brought Tenchi back
from his thoughts. Slowly the line moved forward as people
boarded the lift. When he saw that he wasn't going to make
it onboard, Tenchi hurriedly pushed his way through the
line. "Excuse... Sorry... Passing though... Hold the
doors!" As the doors were closing, Tenchi made a last ditch
effort reaching out and squeezing his way though the
receding opening.

Making it inside, Tenchi felt something soft and
round in his hands. Tenchi looked down and saw the very
annoyed redhead he was fondling. "I-I-I..." A smack was
heard. "Sorry..." he said in a muffled voice because of
the fist that connected to his face.

"Jerk..." Ranma said pulling her fist back.

"What's going on over there?" Nobuyuki asked.

Achika turned to see what the commotion was about.
"Ranm... Ranko?" Achika pressed her way to the redhead who
was busy strangling a boy.

"All right you pervert, who are you?" Ranma said
shaking Tenchi around.

"It was an accident," Tenchi pleaded.

Achika was about to intervene but as she moved
forward, a pain coursed through her body. Clutching at her
sides she gasped out and would had falled if Nobuyuki
hadn't caught her.

"Achika!" Nobuyuki said. "What's wrong?"

At the same time Tenchi staggered slightly. He too
felt the pain through his body. He shook fighting against
the urge to fall over.

Ranma looked at Tenchi in confusion. "Hey, I didn't
hit you that har-" She stopped. The danger sense inside
of her kicked in. She had never felt a force as strong or
as malevolent as the one she felt now.

"Ranko..." Achika whimpered on the floor.

She now saw Achika in agony as Nobuyuki tried to
comfort her. "Achika!" It was then that the elevator
stopped.

The students inside the cab looked around in
confusion. "What's happening? What's going on? Why did
we stop?"

Tenchi saw the darkening of the clouds around them.
It was soon followed ay a racing light that swirled agound
the tower itself. "He's here... Kain..."

Ranma spun around hearing the comment. "How do you
know about Kain!" she said grabbing Tenchi by the collar.

Tenchi's eyes widened in surprise. He was about to
ask the same question to Ranma but an explosion occurred
shaking the entire tower. When the smoke cleared there was
a hole torn from the elevator. Outside looking in was a
ball of energy.

"I smell it." A dark voice spoke. A face formed in
the center of the ball. It looked at the survivors
hungrily.

"No..." Ranma shivered remembering the face. She
moved placing herself in front of Achika.

Tenchi also moved closer to Achika.

"I smell it. I can taste the blood of Juri." Kain
smiled. Then from his mouth a frigid gust of air blew. I
froze all students left on the elevator. Only those
closest to Achika, Ranma, Tenchi and Nobuyuki were left
untouched.

Kain moved in hungrily as he saw the remaining few.
"I'll have the blood of Juri."

Ranma watched in horror as the faced approached.
"Stay back you monster!" She cupped her hands and focused.
"Your not going to get her! MOUKO TAKABISHA!" A yellow
ball of Ki erupted from her hands striking Kain head on.
The impact caused dust and debris to cloud the air. Ranma
felt someone polling at her.

"Ranko, we have to get Achika out of here!" Tenchi
screamed.

"How did you do that?" Nobuyuki yelled over the noise.

"No time to explain!" she said. In the chaos Ranma
forced opened the elevator doors and she and Nobuyuki carried
Achika between them.

"Where to?" Ranma asked.

"Up the stairs to the observation deck." Tenchi
called out from behind. When the four got there the floor
was empty. A large hole was ripped at one of the sides.
Tenchi immediately kneeled down and opened his bag pulling
out the Psy-Wave booster. "Got the find the center of the
room." He panted.

Ranma and Nobuyuki set Achika down gently. "Wait!
Who are you?" Ranma called out to Tenchi as the boy
scurried off. "Nobuyuki, keep an eye on her." Ranma stood
up and went after Tenchi.

"Hai," the spectacled boy nodded. "Achika, please be
all right."

She began to stir from his words. Her face took on a
look of terror. "He's coming... He's coming..." Another
explosion ripped through the tower. The jarring effect set
off the fire sprinklers. Cold water sprayed down from the
ceiling drenching everything.

Both Tenchi and Ranma halted in their tracks as they
saw the black form of Kain appear. The criminal was an
amorphous mass ever-changing in shape and form. His body
flowed like slick oil as he floated in the air. The only
constant was the face of white.

"I feel it, some one from the house of Juri is here."
Kain said. "There is some one here who holds tremendous
power."

Tenchi ran up to Ranma, both of them were shivering
from the spraying water and from fear. "Please you have to
place this at the center of the room!" He handed off the
disk shaped booster to the protesting redhead. "I'll hold
him off so hurry."

"Wait! Damn it!" Ranma cursed. "What the hell is
this thing!" He ran back to Achika and Nobuyuki as Tenchi
moved forward to face off with Kain. "Come on!" Ranma
said to the two, we have to get out of here.

"Who is that boy?" Achika said looking in awe as
Tenchi pulled out the Tenchi-ken. The blue light of the
blade lit up the shattered room.

Ranma's eyes also widened at the sight but she
quickly recovered. "Lets go!" He pulled Achika way with
Nobuyuki following after.

"This is as far as you go!" Tenchi declared. The
sword of light glowed with energy.

Kain looked at him curiously. "Are you from the
house of Juri?" the hollow voice questioned. Kain laughed.
"Very interesting. We'll see how much power you have."
Kain struck out with his hand, his arm stretching to reach
Tenchi.

Tenchi helf firm and held the light blade in front of
him stopping the attack. The mix of the two energies
clashing against each other was an awesome sight as light
crackled against the dark folds.

"Now what?" Ranma said exasperated after placing the
booster on the floor. "What's suppose to happen now!" A
scream was heard. Ranma looked up and saw Tenchi fly
across the room and land heavily onto the floor. The sword
he held winked out as her struggled to get back up.

Kain moved forward menacingly. "This looks like the
end of the house of Juri. I'll eradicate you and put you
out of your misery!" The monster swore.

The Tenchi-ken once more flashed back to life. "I
won't let you touch my mother!"

Ranma blinked at the statement.

Achika stared stupefied at the boy's remark. She saw
Tenchi's features, his nose, his mouth, and his eyes.
Somehow deep inside her she knew that he has spoken the
truth. She clutched at this, which gave her the strength
she needed.

"Achika!" To Nobuyuki's alarm Achika stood up.

Tenchi steeled himself for what was to come. His
body was numb from the pain and cold from the water.
Everyone had worked so hard to get to this point. The
obstacles that they had to overcome just to face Kain were
miracles in themselves. He knew that there was no option
left for him. He would die before Kain harmed his mother.
As he prepared to attack, a voice rang out.

"Stop!" Achika stood. A force flew out from her
pushing back the debris around her. "Don't touch him!"
The fallen water on the floor rippled around radiating out
in waves.

Kain halted his advance. A look of amazement was on
his face. "I found... It's you. I found you! None of
the others were the same. I've come all the way to this
planet in the middle of nowhere to destroy you!" He turned
away from Tenchi to face the small girl.

Achika felt her strength falter and fear grew within.
"What? What are you?"

"I am one who has suffered grievously from the power
that lies within you!" Kain growled.

Tenchi watched in horror as Kain went toward his
mother. He yelled out to the redhead next to Achika.
"Ranko! Press the red button! Hurry!"

Ranma didn't have to be told twice. 'What ever this
thing does it better do it quick!' She pressed the button
on the disk and instantly the thing lit up. He grabbed
Achika's and Nobuyuki. "Let's go!"

"What's this?" Kain saw the glowing disk. All
around Tokyo, the five transmitters worked as predicted,
gathering energy and shunting it to the main booster at the
tower. A pillar of light shot forth from the device
opening a portal. Kain realized too late that it was a
trap and was caught up in the vortex of the portal.
"NO!!!" He screamed as his black body slowly began to get
sucked in.

Ranma, Nobuyuki and Achika held on for dear life to
anything that was bolted down. Around them smaller bits
and pieces were being pulled in. The water from the
sprinklers whipped around like a hurricane was in the room.
The force that was imprisoning Kain threatened to do the
same to them.

"No!!!" Kain struggled against the pull of the
device but it was a senseless struggle. Bit by bit his
dark form was torn away into the void. "I will take you
with me!" He bellowed. From his hands, red tendrils shot
out wrapping themselves around Achika pulling her from her
hold.

"Achika!!!" Ranma reached out grabbing a hold of the
screaming girl's hand. With her other hand she held on to
one of the supports of the room. "Hold on, don't let go of
me!!!"

"Ranma!!!" Achika cried out. She could barely be
heard over the racket.

"I will take you with me!" Kain promised as more of
his body was pulled in.

Ranma felt herself being torn apart as she held on to
both Achika and the metal pole. Then the pole gave way.
Ranma felt the jarring sensation of being pulled in.
Nobuyuki reached out and tried to grab on to the redhead
hand. He missed managing only to catch on to Ranmas
sleeve. For a moment it looked like the three could hold
on but then the shirt sleeve tore off from Ranma and she
and Achika were sent spiraling into the void. And then it
was over; The portal had closed.

"Ranko... Achika..." Nobuyuki looked at the
devastation around him. Water rained down on the twisted
rubble. Fatigue and stress finally took their toll on the
young boy and Nobuyuki collapsed in exhaustion.

****----***---****

"Mother!!!" Tenchi screamed as the portal closed
before him. He ran forward not caring about the
consequences. 'I can make it... just a little closer...'
He was about to fling himself into the opening until a
figure blurred in front of him, holding him back.

"Ryoko!" He struggled against Ryoko as the girl held
him back. "My mother, Ryoko, I have to help her."

"No, Tenchi! It's too dangerous," Ryoko begged as
tears formed in her eyes mixing with the falling water from
the broken sprinklers. She had finally made it back from
placing the transmitter only to find she had been too late.

"Let me go, Ryoko! I have to save both of them!"
Tenchi continued to fight against her grip.

"They've already been sucked in." Ryoko cried.

"Let me go! Let me go! Let me go!" Tenchi pleaded
desperately. "Mother!!!"

****----***---****

Ranma woke up. Her body was cold and sore. Looking
around she found herself alone in a barren wasteland of
gray dust and jagged rocks protruding from the ground.

"Achika!" Ranma called out over the desolate
landscape. The last thing she remembered was holding on to
Achika, as they were both pulled through the portal by
Kain.
Her clothes were torn ripped beyond repair.
Fortunately Ranma still had her shoulder bag which survived
the trip with her. Opening it up, Ranma pulled out her
thermos.

"Please let there be some left," she prayed. Shaking
it she felt the liquid slosh within. Crossing her fingers
she unscrewed the cap and poured the contents on herself.
The water was still warm enough and Ranma felt the tingling
sensation of the transformation.

Tossing the empty container aside, Ranma launched
himself, bounding across the landscape. "Achika! Achika!"

He came up a ridge overlooking a large crater. At
the center of the crater he saw Achika lying there. "No...
Achika!!!" Ranma moved sliding down the sides of the
crater. He was at the girl's side soon after.

"Achika..." She wasn't moving. As he reached out to
touch her, a dark form emerged from the girl's shadow and
launched after him. "What?!?" Only his honed reflexes
saved him from being caught as he leapt back from the
surprise attack.

Ranma watched in horror as the dark form grew into a
huge human like shape. Held at the base of the body was
Achika who was still unconscious. At the head of the
figure the ghostly white face of Kain formed.

Around him an aura of yellow Ki flared. His muscles
bulged as the energy coursed through his body. "Let her go
you monster!" Ranma roared.

The face just grinned at him and liked its lips. His
arms stretched out flying across the ground tearing up
anything in their path. Streams of living darkness shot
out toward Ranma.

"Bastard!!!" Ranma charged in, zigzagging his was
past though the streams of black. He ducked and dodged in
between Kains arms, his body twisting in an acrobatic style
he had spent years mastering. But even with his training,
he still felt the bite of pain as he took slight nicks and
cuts for the near misses.

One such near miss caught him across the chest,
barely managing to twist his body out of the way. Had he
been less conditioned it would have been fatal. 'I guess
those matches with the 'old man' were paying off,' Ranma
grimly mused. He prayed that it would be enough.

As much as her tried he couldn't get close enough to
Achika. His punches and kicks did nothing to the liquid
form of Kain, serving only to bloody his hands and legs.
Slowly he felt himself faltering. His aura was also
growing weaker as doubt and depression ate away at his
confidence.

"Achika, wake up!" Ranma yelled at the trapped girl.
Her body was almost immersed in Kains dark form.
Desperately he tried to reach out to her. "Achika! You got
ta wake up! Please!!!"

Achika's eyes fluttered and opened. "Ranma?" she
said dazed. Her mind snapped into focus as she realized
where she was and the danger that her friend face. "Ranma!
Look out!!!"

Ranma staggered as a strike grazed his leg.
"Achika!!!" She was still alive. Hope grew inside of him
and once again his battle aura flared. "Hold on Achika!
Just hold on, I'm coming for you!!!"

Achika watched in horror as he headed straight for
her, throwing caution to the wind as he charged into Kain's
waiting grasp. Then at the last possible second Ranma
jumped up into the air. The ground which he on a moment
ago was shattered by Kain's fists.

In the air Ranma saw the opening he needed. The
exposed face of Kain looked at him in surprise. Ranma
again called on his Ki as he cupped his hands together.
"Eat this you bastard!!! MOUKO TAKABISHA!!!" A yellow
ball of energy flew from his hands and struck the white
face, shattering it. A shudder passed though the large
body.

"I did it..." Ranma said weakly as he landed to the
ground. He barely managed to keep upright, using one hand
to steady his landing.

"Ranma!!!" Achika screamed out.

He looked up hearing her voice Achika. His eyes
widened. "No..." The face was there again, smiling at him.

Achika felt Kain's pain from Ranma final attack. As
Ranma landed to the ground she could see relief on his
face. 'It's over...' she thought, and then she felt the
anger grow with Kain. "Ranma!!!" She screamed out.

She watched in terror as Kain's hand reached out and
clamped onto the unprepared martial artist's face. It
picked Ranma up and swung him around like a rag doll. The
arm moved and held the struggling boy before her.

"Ranma..." Achika's eyes filled with tears as she saw
the agony he was in.

With an indifferent gesture, Kain tossed the boy into
the air and let him drop. Achika turned her face away
wishing she could cover her ears when the impact came. Her
heart broke when she opened her eyes again and saw the
mangled form lying lifeless on the ground.

"Ranma! Ranma!!!" She struggled against the dark
folds holding her. She didn't care how she did it, but all
she wanted was to go to his side. She felt the power
inside of her again. Using it she forced her way free and
ran towards the pigtailed boy.

She reached Ranma's side and paused. 'He's not
breathing!' "Ranma!" She clutched at him frantically.
When she touched him a shock passed though her arm to his
body. The result was Ranma instantly gasping for a breath.

"Ranma..." Achika held on to him gently. She could
feel her hands tingling where she touched him.

"What... what are you doing Achika..." Ranma asked
weakly. He felt the pain in his body subside.

Achika couldn't answer; She didn't understand it
herself. "Shhh... It will be over soon." She said softly.
Slowly getting up she faced Kain. She felt it now, the
power she had. Her father had hinted about it, a legacy in
the Masaki family.

"Achika..." Ranma said in a broken voice. He tried
to get up but his body wouldn't move.

"I'll never forgive you for what you've done."
Achika said to the criminal. She stepped forward and undid
the ribbon holding her hair. The black tresses shimmered
and turned silver gray. On her face Jurian war marks
appeared, and her clothes were torn away replaced by
flowing pastel robes. The power washed over her as the
transformation completed itself.

A door was opened in her mind and memories that
weren't her own came pouring through. ""Tenchi..."…" The boy
in the tower who had faced Kain. ""My son..."…"She could see
what he was doing now. He was searching for her.
Looking though countless dimensions.

****----***----****

""Washu!"" Tenchi yelled. With the help of Washu's
device we had sought out the astral pattern of Achika." "I've found
her! Can you open up the portal?""

"I'm trying Tenchi! Keep concentrating on you mother
until I can get a lock in sub-space."

""Mother, please hang on."" Tenchi said.

****---***----****

"Tenchi her son had come through time to save her.
"No, I won't let you risk your life for me," she said. "I
won't let you harm my son, Kain!" Achika faced the monster.

Kain acted first, fire spouting from his mouth
threatening to incinerate the two. Achika stood unwavering
against the flames. When the fire reached her it met a
shield of Juri energy.

"Pretty good but not good enough." Kain intoned.
Again he attacked his fists battering against the shield
Achika held. The pummeling was relentless and the girl
struggled against the onslaught.

"Get back!" yelled Achika. She motioned with her arm
and her shield expanded pushing Kain back. Achika wavered
from the act.

From where he lay, Ranma felt the massive release of
energy. Achika's metamorphosis and the power she displayed
awed him. But in the same glance he saw that Tsunami was
right about Achika not being prepared. Achika's attacks
while powerful, lacked focus. She wasted too much energy
with each blow. It became a stalemate with Achika forced
to the defensive while Kain struggled to break through her
shields. Ranma saw Achika slowly weakening. "Achika..."

Growing frustrated Kain roared and a hole opened
within his body. "If I can't destroy you I'll absorb
you!!!" With that a vortex swirled pulling Achika toward
him.

Achika used her declining power to hold firm. From
the corner of her eye she saw Ranma on the ground
threatening to be taken in. "Ranma!" She grabbed his hand
before he could be dragged any farther. Again she felt the
shock and tingling sensation when she touched him. She
drew him closer and held on tight. Slowly the two were
pulled in.

In her mind she heard a voice. 'Achika?'

'Ranma!' she felt him in her mind.

'How can this be,' Ranma wondered.

'I don't know but I'm scared Ranma. I don't know
what to do anymore.'

Ranma also didn't know. To fight anymore seemed
useless. Even with his training he was nothing more than
nuisance to Kain. And Achika lacked the skill to properly
focus her reserves of energy. In the darkness of the
situation he recalled Tsunami's words to him. 'You will
the instrument in stopping what is to come.' All became
clear to him.

'Achika if we work together we can stop him.' Ranma
said.

'How?'

'Lend me your power Achika.'

'I don't know how to...'

'Your doing it now, I can feel it. I wouldn't be
alive right now if it weren't for you.'

Achika focused on his words. 'He's right.' The bond
they had now was from the energy mixing between them. She
concentrated. In her mind Ranma's face appeared. Blue
eyes stared back at her with a quite smile. Memories
surfaced, the walks they took together at the shrine, the
laughs they shared. She felt what was in her heart.
'Ranma...'

Ranma gasped as the surge of power hit him. Strength
flowed through his limbs again and around him his yellow
aura glowed but this time its edges were laced with deep
blue.

His senses came back to him and with an inhuman leap
he pulled himself and Achika away from the vortex Kain
held.

They landed dozens of yards away. He let Achaka
stand on her own. He could see the energy flowing from her
into him. 'Are you all right?' he asked.

Achika nodded and smiled. 'Yes. Face him Ranma, I
will be with you.' She shut her eyes and concentrated on
the link between them.

Ranma felt the intensity of power entering him. It
was as Tsunami had told him. He had become an instrument
for Achika's energy. Like a lens used to focus the Sun's
light, he was able to manipulate the Juri energy like his
Ki and focus its intensity.

Kain was enraged at being denied his prize. "I will
have her blood!!!" He screamed lashing out.

The glow around Ranma became even brighter, the
mixture of Ki and Juri energy crackled in the air. "I'll
drag you to hell with me first!" Ranma charged in his
fists blazing with blue light. Whatever he punched burned.
He hacked away at Kain's arms drawing blood with each blow.

Kain countered using his icy breath and energy
attacks. The ground was shredded, turned into a crater filled
battle zone. Ranma was forced to fall back from the barrage.
'Achika, I need more power,' he said with his mind.

Achika's jaw clenched in the effort. 'I'll try
Ranma.'

Ranma shuddered from the link. His body felt like it
was on fire. The energy being forced into him was trying to
escape. It was only by shear will that he was able to keep
himself moving.

'Ranam!' Achika felt the resistance in the link.

Ranma realized now how Tsunami had prepared him for
this. The countless hours he has spent focusing his Ki in
trying to find the secret of the Masaki holy tree was in
preparation for this battle. 'I'm fine Achika. Don't
worry.'

Ranma attacked again, his movements becoming nothing
more than a blur. A normal human body would have destroyed
itself by now, muscle tearing from the bone from the
intensity of the movements. The only thing that kept him
from flying apart was Achika using her strength to
reinforce Ranma's failing body.

Kain struggled against the ferocity of Ranma's
attacks. In the span of a second, hundreds of wounds were
torn into Kain's body. But still Kain fought on his
strikes growing more desperate.

As he fought Ranma could feel the Juri energy eating
away at him. He was saturated with it. Every pore of his
body seeped with the blue light. But he knew that it still
wasn't enough. He leapt back from Kain and readied
himself. 'Achika help me.'

'Ranma you can't take any more!' Achika begged.

'Please...' Ranma closed his eyes and concentrated.

'No!' she realized what he was doing.

He began. "MOUKO..."

"You can't, its too much!'

"TAKA..."

'Don't make me do this to you..."

"BISHA..."

'Please...' tears came to her face as she funneled
energy into him once more.

Ranma's eyes opened. Instead of his eyes were two
pools of swirling blue. His voice was a whisper.
"PERFECT..."

A column of yellow Ki erupted from his hands. Around
it spiraled the Juri energy focused in a tight beam. The
blast tore into Kain and a brilliant flash of light filled
the sky.

****----***----****

When the light cleared there was nothing left of
Kain.

"Ranma, we did it!" Achika said. "Ranma?"

He stood there saying nothing. Like a puppet with
its strings cut Ranma wavered slightly and fell to the
ground.

"Ranma!!!" She felt his pulse. It was there but
weak. His breath was also shallow. "Please don't leave
me." She placed her head on his and closed her eyes and
letting the darkness take her.

It was then that she felt a drop of water touch her
face. Then another one came followed by many more. Water
rained down on the two. It was enough to trigger Ranmas
curse. The water came from the portal that had opened up
above them. Three figured emerged from it.

"Mother!" Tenchi said landing next to Achika.
Flanking him were Ayeka and Ryoko. All of them were
dressed for battle.

Ayeka quickly checked the fallen girl then tended to
the redhead. "It's all right Tenchi. They're both
extremely tired. They need rest."

"Where's Kain?" Ryoko asked looking around
cautiously.

Tenchi also scanned the area, his sword glowing ready
for anything. ""Washu-chan, do you pick up anything?"" he
asked.

From her terminal the super genius looked at the
incoming data on the screens. ""Nothing Tenchi, Kains
astral pattern is a negative. All I'm picking up are
residual traces of him and a mixture of Juri energy.""

Ayeka's eyes widened. ""That means that Achika-sama
must have defeated him.""

""It seems like it but from my previous calculations
that should have been impossible.""

""What about Ranko? Maybe she had something to do
with it."" Ryoko suggested.

""What? A mere human? That's very doubtful. If I
had more information I could run more tests."" Washu said
frustrated. She hated it when she didn't have the answers.

""We don't have time for this,"" Tenchi interrupted.
"Let's go home," he said."

Ayeka picked up Ranma while Ryoko helped Achika and
Tenchi. The group made their way back up through the
portal and found themselves back in the wrecked
observatory. The water that Achika had felt had come from
the broken sprinklers.

They made their way down the tower and met up with
Kiyone, and Mihoshi. Sasimi was there also looking after
Nobuyuki.

""We better get out of here,"" Ryoko said. In the
distance sirens were heard. Police and rescue vehicles
were coming to the scene. ""Ayeka do you have it?""

Ayeka nodded and pulled out a small box. There were
three small metallic triangles inside. She placed one on
the foreheads of Achika, Ranma and Nobuyuki.

""So they won't remember a thing?"" Tenchi asked.

""Yes, it's best that way,"" Ayeka said finishing.

""It's time to go,"" Ryoko said.

Tenchi nodded and looked at the sleeping form of
Achika. ""Sleep well mother."…" he said softly.

Before he vanished he heard her say something in her
sleep.

""Tenchi..."…" she said.

****----***----****

Achika woke up finding, herself lying in a bed that
wasn't her own. Katsuhito walked in carrying a cup of tea.

"Ah... you're awake. You've been a sleep for a day
now." a look of relief was on his face.

"Where are we?" She looked around the room.

"We are at Tokyo General hospital. What was the last
thing you remember Achika-chan?" he asked.

"I was with my class... We were at Tokyo tower
and... I can't remember anything else. What happened
father?"

"They say that the tower was struck by lightning. An
explosion occurred and several people were injured as a
result."

"Father, where's Ranma?"

A pause, "Come with me," he finally said.

***--**--***

"No..." Achika saw the redhead lying in bed with
machines hooked up to her. The beep of the heart monitor
was heard.

The doctor was with them.

"I'm sorry Masaki-san. There's nothing we can do.
Her body is deteriorating at a rapid rate. We're running
tests but so far we haven't yet isolated the cause. It's
only a matter of time before her body shuts down
completely, maybe three days at the most. I'm afraid that
only a miracle can save her now." The doctor finished and
left the room.

"Father..." Achika began tears welled up in her eyes.

Katsuhito nodded understanding.

***--**--***

Achika prayed. There was nothing left she could do.
Her father and her had taken Ranma home. The doctors
didn't protest; they couldn't do anything.

""Only a miracle can save her now,"" was what one of
them had said.

""If that's what it takes then."…" Achika told the man.

She kneeled facing the Holy tree. ""To anyone who can
hear me. My friend needs your help. He's dying and I know
of no other way to cure him. He good person with a kind
heart. Please… I love him."" She said quietly. Her face
was wet with tears.

Katsuhito looked sadly at his daughter's grief. It
had been difficult for Achika when her mother died, and no
she had to deal with this. He looked at Ranma's body lying
next to them. With a worried expression he wondered,
"Tsunami, are you listening?"'

***--**--***

Ranma gazed out over the tranquil waters. He knew
where he was but how he got there he couldn't remember. He
felt a touch on his shoulder.

"Tsunami," he addressed the woman. "What am I doing
here?"

"Remember," she said and touched his forehead.

Images flashed through his mind. The class trip,
Tokyo tower and, "Kain!" Ranma said. "He's gone isn't
he?"

"Yes. You and Achika were able to stop him."

"Then why am I here? I don't remember coming here."
His brows knitted.

"Look," she said pointing to the waters below.

Ranma saw his reflection, the redhead stared back at
him. It blurred and another image appeared. It was of
Achika and her father kneeling before the Sacred Tree.
Beside them he saw his body wrapped in a blanked between
the two.

"Achika... Tsunami, what happening?" Ranma started
to panic.

"You're dying Ranma. The human body has no defenses
against the anti-Juri energy that Kain used. His essence
somehow contaminated you when you fought. It's slowly
killing you from within."

Ranma nodded remembering the cuts and scrapes he
received. "What about Achika, is she all right?"

Yes, her body can withstand Kain's corruption."

Relief washed over him. ""At least she's safe now."…
"
"Do you have any regrets?" she asked.

A pause, He looked Tsunami in the eye. "No, I'd give
my life for her again if I had to."

"You love her then?" she asked.

"Yes…"

Tsunami smiled. She held out her hand. There was
what looked like a small pebble floating above it.

"What is that?" Ranma looked at the object
curiously.

"A seed, the symbol of new life. Accept it and it
will save you, but you will be changed.""

""Changed?""

""There is too little of you body left functioning to
repair. What can be saved will be saved but the rest must
be rebuilt entirely. With out this you will die.""

""I don't have much of choice then do I?" he said
wryly."

""I'm sorry, Ranma,"" she said sadly. ""It is the only
way.""

""I accept then.""

Tsunami nodded. She placed it upon his chest. It passed
through his skin and entered his body. The blue glow could
be seen from the point on his chest.

""What's happening to me?"" Ranma asked frightened.
He watched as lines grew out from the seed and made their
way out through his entire body. He realized that they
were roots, the seed was growing inside of him.

""Do not be afraid Ranma. It is mending your body.
Rest now and accept what is happening."" She spoke in a
soothing voice quelling his doubts.

Ranma relaxed letting go of the last of his fears.

***--**--***

"Ranma,"" the voice said. ""Ranma, can you hear me?""

Ranma opened his eyes and saw the most beautiful face
he had ever seen. ""Am I in heaven?"" he asked. ""Are you an
angle?""

"Ranma!" she held him tightly and buried her face on
his chest sobbing.

""Achika-chan?""

""I though I lost you,"" she cried.

""Never,"" he said. He held her chin up and gently
brushed the loose strands of hair away from her wet face.
""I'll never leave you. Achika-chan… I...… I love you.""

She looked into his deep blue eyes. ""I love you
too,"" she said and kissed him passionately on the lips.
Their kiss deepened and the rest of the world faded away.

""Ahem,"" Katsuhito said clearing his throat.

"Masaki-sensi!" Ranma blurted realizing the other
man's presence.

""Father!"" Achiak said her face becoming beat red.

The two pulled away from each other hastily with
sheepish expressions on their faces.

""Achika-chan, why don't you help Ranma back to the
house?" I'm sure that he could use some more rest. "Right
Ranma?"" he said narrowing his eyes at the two.

Ranma swallowed. ""Y-yes, sensi.""

Achika also nodded as she helped Ranma up.

Katsuhito watched then go and chuckled to himself.
He faced the Holy tree and bowed. ""Thank you Tsunami,"" he
said gratefully.

""No thanks are required lord Yosho."" An image of the
woman appeared. She smiled. ""The boy is remarkable, you
trained him well.""

""What did you do to him?"" Yosho the first prince of
Juri asked. "I can feel the Juri energy coming from him
now.""

""The only way I could save him was to graft a seed of
a Juri tree into him.""

""Then the seed you used..."…"

""Yes, it was to be Achika's tree, just as Funaho is
you tree."" She patted the bark fondly. ""You know as well
as I that a seed will not grow on Earth. And without her
own tree to sustain her, Achika would only live as long as
a normal human.""

""So Ranma is now..."…" Yosho was shaken by the
revelation. `'A tree of Juri that isn't...'…"

""As I said, the boy is remarkable. Watch over both
of them Lord Yosho. You'll have to tell them the truth
soon. Ranma already knows some but Achika must learn of
her true heritage. I leave the rest to you.""

""One more thing Tsunami,"" Yosho asked.

""Yes?""

""About Ranma's special problem?"…"

Tsunami laughed. ""He'll find out soon enough."" As
she disappeared it began to rain.

Yosho chuckeled as he walked home.

***--**--***

As the first drop of water hit him, Ranma groaned.
Achika smirked at his usual reaction. Ranma felt more
drops and braced himself for the inevitable change. Time
passed, noting happened.

""Ranma..."…" Achika said softly her eyes were smiling.

He looked at her and saw that she was getting soaked.
He looked at himself and saw the same. ""I'm still a guy..."…"
he said unbelieving. ""I'm still a guy!""

""I'm happy for you Ranma!"" Achika said.

He picked her up and hugged her tightly. ""I love
you.""

""I love you too.""

****----***----****

The Future.

""We're back!"" Sasima happily shouted as the group
reappeared in the room. It was as how they left it.
Ayeka's bowl of crackers was on the table, the box of
pictures was on the floor and the movie was running.

""Is everyone all right?"" Tenchi asked.

""It worked!"" Ryoko said looking at film. Achika was
there again walking through he woods, with her was Ranko.

""Yes, everything is back to normal,"" Ayeka agreed.

""Tenchi, lets celebrate,"" Ryoko said in a husky
voice. She snaked under his arm and started rubbing his
chest.

""Um...… Ryoko..."…" Tenchi felt a nosebleed coming.

""Have you not decency?"" Ayeka growled.

"Oh, what are you going to do about it little Miss
proper?" Ryoko stuck her tongue out at her.

""Ah… Ayeka, Ryoko?"…" Tenchi saw the wooden blocks
appear around the princess and Ryoko's light sword flashed
into existence.

Before the battle started the front door opened.
""Mom! Dad!"" Tenchi said. Instantly the two girls jumped
apart from each other and greeted the couple.

" "We're home!" Achika said. Behind her Ranma followed
carrying a bag of groceries.

""Welcome home Achika-sama,"" Ayeka said in her demure
matter.

""Did you have fun shopping, auntie?"" Ryoko asked
sweetly.

Tenchi grew a sweatdrop seeing the sudden change in
the two.
The two girls tried to out do each other in sweetness
torward the elder woman.

""Every thing was just fine girls."" Achika said. She
walked up and gave Tenchi a peck on the cheek. She winked
at him. ""I'm glad to see that you're getting along well
together. It's good that you're not fighting anymore."

Ayeka and Ryoko looked at eachother nervously."

Tenchi smiled at his mother gratefully. She was a
beautiful woman and though she was in her early forties she
looked like she was in her late twenties. In her eyes he
could see the years of wisdom with.

With just a few subtle hints she could diffuse the
arguments that Ryoko and Ayeka always got into. He hated
to think what his life would be like if his mother weren't
there.

Ranma set the bags on the table. ""How was your night
Tenchi?""

""It was interesting dad..."" Tenchi said.

His father looked at him curiously and laughed. You can
tell me about it later." He tussled Tenchi's hair
playfully.

Tenchi loved his father's easygoing manner in things.
He could easily talk to his father when he wanted and Ranma
would patiently listen giving advice whenever he could.

Tenchi couldn't believe how close he had come to
losing his family. What would he do with out them? He
wondered.

""Tenchi, is everything all right?"" Achika asked.

""Yeah mom, everything's great.""
Tenchi said.

The End

Story Notes:
First rule of Love in Anime. Love comes in the shape of a
triangle or more complicated geometric shapes.

If you haven't noticed, this story is set in the Tenchi
Muyo in Love story line. I think I'm following it fairly
well. If you haven't seen the movie, it shouldn't matter.

If you have seen the movie you might be wonder about the
Operative. He's there in the background but I didn't see
the need to write him in.

Ranma a Juri Tree you ask? Well, I think it could work.
It's an excuse to make Ranma more powerful and it keeps
Achika alive. Cures his cure to boot!

I'm not really sure where else to take this. I'm open to
any suggestions.

Author Notes:

Well, that's all folks. I am tired. It seems that each
chapter is getting longer and longer. I really hope it's
worth it. I'm not boring anyone am I? If I am, please let
me know.

I'd like to thank everyone for their support. It's readers
like you that made this possible. If you have any comments
please send your messages to both the e-mail address below.
I'm in the process of moving and my address will soon
change.

Dc...@ctron.com
Cr...@rpi.edu