[Ranma][FanFic] Source Of Pride (Addon)

Gregg Sharp

Sep 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/7/99
additional endings for The Bet-Source Of Pride rather than
post the whole thing again.

EPILOGUE 2:

The short little man came to a tumbling stop on the
pavement next to a little dog. A little dog?

"Ah, senor, you cannot glomp *that* girl."

Happosai disagreed.

"Ah, but senor, that one is Kasumi Saotome, she
fastest housewife in all Japan!"

Happosai rubbed his hands together. A challenge! He
walked out into the street, preparing to give chase.

<BEEPBEEP><ZIP,ZOOM,ZING!>

The little Mexican dog regarded the little man with
shoe prints running over his body. "And *that* one, senor,
was Nabiki Tendo. She fastest stock broker in ALL Japan!"

<ZOOM THUMP THUMP ZOOM!>

"Shampoo. Fastest Amazon in all Japan."

<spaceship entering warp effect>

"Ukyou Kuonji. Fastest okonomiyaki chef in entire
world!" The chihuahua cocked his head and blinked at the
sight of the slightly flattened pervert. "Give entirely new
meaning to 'fast food', yes?"

WARNING- EVA SPOILER AHEAD!
EPILOGUE 3: by taal...@tiac.net Talis D. Merrill

"Okay. let me get this straight....in addition to
neglecting your son and emotionally blackmailing him to do
your bidding, setting up the Children to be maimed or
otherwise bumped off, ruining their parents and
their lives, cloning your dead wife and treating Rei like a
disposable diaper....you manage to be unfaithful to your
dead wife all the while claiming you want her back...and in
the end you mean to get rid of us ALL
just so you can upload all of humanity into some sort of
cosmic conga-line?"

In the wake of Misato's accusation, Gendo glared at
the people around him, wondering just who had blabbed...

Ritsuko just shrugged her shoulders but just looked
as innocent as an intellectually inclined psychotic can.

Kaji stared back, not betraying anything...

Kozo Fuyutsuki pursed his lips, though whether in
disapproval or consternation, it was impossible to tell...

Somewhere below, if anyone had cared to listen, one
might have heard the Magi's electronic humming interrupted
by "daisy...daisy..give me your answer true...".

"All so this nut can get his jollies proving he was
right and hosing off some bunch of old guys equally bent on
world domination while playing god himself?"

(Actually, that's a pretty accurate summation) Gendo
thought, not that he'd actually confirm it...

"And we put the fate of Humanity in this guy's
hands!?"

"Yeah, the guy who strung Ritsuko along..sticking
her with the bill, a scorned, manipulated, and cast aside
woman with a psycho-complex!"

"HEY!!!Where do you get off calling me
a...er...ah... it's not like that at all!...I
mean...besides...er...." Ritsuko hemmed and hawed
desperately as eveyone's eyes started swivelling towards
her.

"You know...for a parent, you have got to have the
award for Worst Father in the history of parenthood!"

"My parenting skills are not at question here,
Major, but your obediance to my auth...." Gendo started up,
shifting into his familiar (and favorite) "And what the
hell are you going to do about it, huh?" pose.

"Ah...actually that goes to the 'Demon Dad' of
1992..." muttered Aoba.

"Uh?" Several heads turned at the side-remark.

"The 'Demon Dad of Nerima' you mean? I think I heard
about that," Ritsuko said, desperately happy to find another
subject besides her own emerging rep as "Gendo's lapdog'.

"Duh... how could I forget.. Geez, they made us
watch the video tapes of the Event at least once a year in
school!" sighed Aoba.

Gendo twitched...he'd heard of that, but hadn't
actually done anything, having spent most of his younger
years in a cave (or in this case, various university
research libraries)... still, one couldn't avoid hearing of
the nearly international eruption that had been the Demon
Dad March.

"kill genma..." Fuyutsuki whispered it, but everyone
heard and turned to look at him in wonder. He noticed, and
looked up, and they could see he was smiling slightly,.
"Saotome Genma... The Demon
Dad...Kill Genma...it was...the rallying cry...of a simpler
time...when evil was human, and the country united against
it.....it was grand that day was...marching in the streets,
everyone unified in purpose," he volunteered, growing a
little misty eyed and nostalgic of that time when a younger
man had set aside his
work to join the crowds in that moment of divine madness....

"Genma...Gendo" Compared Ritsuko.

"Kill Genma...Kill Gendo" Nobody was certain who
said it first, but it seemed to echo in the room...

"Kill Gendo?"

"Kill Gendo"

"Wow"

"What a concept! Kill Gendo!"

"Elegant"

Gendo didn't like where this conversation was
leading...

"Kill Gendo"

"Kill Gendo? Kill Gendo!"

"Kill GendoKill GendoKill GendoKill GendoKill
GendoKill GendoKill GendoKill Gendo..."

Ikari Gendo looked left and right..something was
definitely not right here, and his grasp and control of the
situation seemed to be lacking.

When he saw Fuyutsuki slapping a heavy fire axe in
his hand like a nightstick, he took the hint.

Gendo bolted from the room and the gathering posse
amidst the now familiar cry. "KILL GENDO! KILL GENDO!!!"

He fled from Central Dogma, his mind racing as fast
as his feet...Maybe, just maybe, all was not lost...If he
could get Rei, then get to Terminal Dogma, he just might be
able to carry out the HIP after all!

It was a frantic race to Ayanami Rei's apartment,
darting from shadow to shadow, trying to ignore the
gathering rumble around him....as if of a lynch mob
gathering or some great beast awakening. The glimpses of
other NERV personnel now were a warning to him...he'd
approached a security guard earlier, in an effort to get him
to arrest the senior NERV staff for treason or at least slow
their advance with his own life, only to discover that
particular guard had joined the Pod People. Gendo had
apparently cut him off on the highway some days earlier, and
the man still held a grudge.

But at last he reached Rei's apartment, leaping up
the stairs several at a time, then grabbing for the door,
throwing it open, and darting inside, mustering every iota
of authority he could bring to his
commanding voice. "REI! It is time! We mus-"

Rei stood there in the center of her room,
characteristically stockstill...but uncharacteristically
dressed. Not her usual school uniform, but a long
immaculate, and very elegant kimono of sea greens and
midnight blues. She gazed down at the intricate garment,
seemingly stunned, or perhaps enraptured.

She also wasn't alone...

Gendo gagged at the other person at the room...took
in the elegant, sedate, and modest clothing, the
well-groomed mane of hair, the sleek fur covering shapely
arms and legs, the triangular ears, the gently
waving tail. The jaws that bite, the claws that catch.

"Gendo-san! Why didn't you tell me Yui had a
daughter? " Saotome Kasumi turned around with those gentle,
but piercing predator eyes, affixing Gendo.

All Gendo could do was stare... He really, REALLY,
wished now he'd paid more attention when his late wife had
talked about her old friends from school....Yui had
mentioned she had known some of the Saotomes in
college....but to have one of them HERE, NOW, was too much!

Right at that moment, Gendo could only think back to
what he'd remembered from those videotapes... the flashing
claws, the flying blonde hair, the teeth. Those sleekly
muscular legs that could outrun almost anything on the road.
Those slender feminine arms that could rip a car door off
its hinges.

A shout from outside tipped Gendo off to the fact
that his time was, or had, just run out. With a last frantic
gape, he whirled and darted from the room, just ahead of a
pounding of feet and chorus of "KILL
GENDO!!!"

Misato stuck her head inside the apartment, and
grinned at seeing who was there. "Auntie Kasumi!"

"Misato-Chan!"

"Sorry, Auntie, love to talk, but I got things to do
first! See you later!" With a wave, Misato rejoined the
pursuit. "KILL GENDO!!!DESTROY THE BEAST!!!"

"Oh, Misato-chan, just like your mother...so
busy...so responsible." Kasumi sighed happily. then turned
back to where Rei was quizzically examining herself in a
mirror, tugging at the kimono and
adjusting it, like she'd just discovered clothing. "So
beautiful...your mother would be proud...but we must simply
find you some accessories for that..." Clearly, Gendo hadn't
been taking care of the poor girl...just
look at her wardrobe. Well, it wasn't too late to undo the
damage. How fortunate she'd come by Tokyo-3 hoping to look
in on her late friend's son, and to discover her daughter!

Outside there came a heavy thumping sound and a
gurgling scream as Fate caught up with Gendo.

notes from Talis regarding Epilogue 3------------
Okay...so the latter half is probably unnecessary, but I
have a thing for albino clones(Zentraedi), feel Rei should
be considered Shinji's sister, and really needs a happy
second childhood to set the world right...plus one of my
favorite pictures of Rei shows her in a dark blue kimono
against the full moon. Something I could see Kasumi finding
for a friend's neglected daughter she just happened to come
across.

I am a sap...

--
http://metroanime.home.mindspring.com/