[Ranma][FanFic] A Stained Glass Mind - Parts 10-11

Anand Rao

Oct 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/21/97

Ranma 1/2 is owned by Rumiko Takahashi

Tribe of One is owned by TSR.

Khu Lon smiled as the village gate came into view. She had been
traveling for many days and nights without rest, but the trip was worth
the effort. Rage boiled inside her each and every time she thought
about the beardless boy who had humiliated her. Her time would come
soon, however, and this village would be a start.

As she walked up to the gate, two guards approached her.

"Good evening, Elder One. Is there something we can do for you?" One
of the guards, a young blonde woman, asked.

"Good evening, child. Is this the Village of the Mind?"

"Yes, Elder One, it is. How may we help you?" the other guard asked.

"I... am curious, about a young... man who might have lived here. A
telepath?"

"Oh, you must mean Ranma!" The first guard exclaimed with a smile.

"He's the only male who's ever lived here." The other guard said.

*Yes... Ranma.* Khu Lon thought, returning the guard's smile. *It would
be soon.*

********************************

"Oh man... What happened?" Ranma croaked as he woke up.

He quickly looked around and noticed a few things. First, he was lying
in his futon in his room. Second, there was a big gaping hole where his
window used to be so he had not been dreaming. The morning sun was
shining brightly; and third, he was a she.

<Ranma> *Uh... any of you awake? What happened last night?*

<Play> *Go away! I'm sleepy! yawn...*

<Guardian> *I'm as lost as you are Ranma. We were fighting Ryoga,
remember?*

<Ranma> *Oh yeah! And it started to rain... Guess that explains why
I'm a girl.*

<Bitter> *Obviously.*

<Ranma> *I was fighting Ryoga... it started to rain... He... he...*

<Guardian> *He slipped and threw the umbrella at us!*

<Ranma> *Right! That's... the last thing I remember.*

<Bitter> *Sigh... Which means someone else took over and the rest of us
blacked out.*

<Ranma> *Yeah, but who? Only Shade and Neko have had the ability to
completely block out the rest of the tribe...*

<Guardian> *Don't forget Master. He may not have done anything like
that yet, but I'm sure he has the ability.*

<Bitter> *_Surely_ Ryoga wasn't a big enough threat to awake the
_Almighty_ Master?*

<Ranma> *I'm not in a mood for your sarcasm right now! You... don't
suppose that Shade... killed Ryoga, do you?*

<Bitter> *You mean like the last time?*

<Guardian> *BITTER!*

<Bitter> *You can't protect him forever! This is going to come up
sooner or later! Now might be a good-*

<Guardian> *NO! We will not bring this up UNTIL we know all the
facts!*

* *
* Raoh the Conqueror presents *
* *
* A Story of Ranma 1/2 *
* *
* A Stained Glass Mind Part 10 *
* *

The door to Ranma's room slowly opened and Nodoka peeked inside.

"Okasan... good morning." Ranma said in greeting.

"I see you're back to normal." Nodoka said wryly with a smile.

"What... do you mean? Did you see me last night?" Ranma asked.

"Your father and I heard some noise outside and went to investigate..."

"And?" Ranma asked.

"We met Neko." Nodoka replied, laughingly.

"N-Neko... ha..hahaha...hahahaha..." Ranma laughed in relief.

"Is something wrong Ranma-chan?"

"Uh... no Okasan, I just get a little nervous when I black out like
that."

<Bitter> *For good reason.*

<Guardian> *Bitter...*

"How did I get back into my room?"

Nodoka walked up to Ranma and gave him a hug.

"Apparently, Neko knows who his mother is, as well. I was able to calm
him down and bring him back inside... He didn't like your father,
though."

<Bitter> *Wow. I guess he _isn't_ just some stupid beast after all.*

"I- he... didn't hurt you, did he?" Ranma asked.

"No not all, although he was yowling a lot... And ALL the cats in the
neighborhood joined in! It was quite a performance...*

Ranma winced, "I'm surprised all the noise didn't wake up Shampoo."

"I think she was more exhausted than she was letting on, Ranma. A young
girl like her, abandoning her home and following you all the way here?
That takes a lot strength, my son."

"What are we going to do about her? I can't marry her!"

"Calm down, Ranma-chan. I'll have a long talk with her today... We'll
try to settle things, OK?"

"Thanks, Okasan... I'll be down for breakfast in a little while. There
are some things I need to think through first..."

Nodoka kissed Ranma on the forehead and headed out of his room.

<Ranma> *OK, Bitter... what's the problem.*

<Bitter> *I was just thinking... Why DID Neko come out?*

<Guardian> *That's pretty obvious, there must have been a cat around.*

<Bitter> *In the middle of the rain? Most cats hate water. So if it
was a cat, and I'm pretty sure that it was... Where did it come from?
And what happened to Ryoga?*

<Ranma> *Do you think Neko hurt Ryoga?*

<Guardian> *No, that's not what Bitter is getting at... I see, now...*

<Bitter> *Right! Didn't Ryoga fall into one of cursed springs as
well?*

<Ranma> *DAMN! So there WAS a cat and it was RYOGA!*

<Bitter> *Exactly. Hmmmm... That's got be rather inconvenient at
times.*

<Guardian> *That's going to be inconvenient for US, if we don't get
things settled with him.*

Another knock on the door interrupted Ranma's thoughts and Xian Pu
opened the door.

"Ranma, you awake?" the young amazon asked as she entered the room.

"Uh..." Ranma-chan said intelligently.

"Who YOU?!" Shampoo demanded, suddenly angry and shocked at finding this
strange red-headed girl in her "husband's" bedroom.

"My name is..."

<Bitter> *Ranko.*

"RANKO! Yeah! That's it! HAHAHA... I'm... I'm...."

<Bitter> *Ranma's sister.*

"Ranma's sister? I mean, I'm Ranma's sister. Yeah..."

"Sister?" Xian Pu asked, narrowing her eyes a fraction.

"Yes, I'm his older sister... I visit from time to time... I heard
that Ranma had come home from his trip to China, so I decided to pay him
a visit last night."

"You older sister? You no look that old..." Xian Pu pointed out.

"Hahaha... Well, things are not always as they seem." Ranma-chan said
nervously.

<Bitter> *THAT was an understatement.*

"Ok." Shampoo said happily, the matter resolved. She then tilted her
head to the side and said, "Where Ranma?"

"Ranma? Oh? Uh... He's probably on his way to school right now.
Shampoo, why don't you get ready for breakfast, I need to go talk to
Okasan for a bit, OK?"

"Ok... hey, How Ranko know Xian Pu?"

"Uh... Okasan told me about you last night."

"Ok. Xian Pu go brush teeth now."

<Bitter> *Oh, she'll feel right at home in the restroom... She'll meet
her Uncle Toothpaste, her sister Conditioner, her aunt-*

<Ranma> *Enough man, I gotta go tell Okasan about this sister thing!*

Ranma-chan quickly ran downstairs and told her mother what she had said
to Xian Pu. At first, Nodoka was a bit hesitant to go along with the
deception, but after talking to Guardian, decided that Bitter's 'sister'
story might be the best alternative for the present.

Ranma-chan went the restroom to brush her teeth right as Xian Pu was
exiting.

"Uh... Okasan's in the kitchen getting breakfast ready, I'll see you in
a bit."

"OK, Oneechan!" Shampoo said as she bounced into the living room.

<Ranma> *Oneechan?*

<Bitter> *After all, she DOES consider you to be her Sister-In-Law
now.*

Ranma-chan quickly brushed her teeth, ran back to the kitchen and
grabbed a thermos of hot water that Nodoka had laid out for her, then
ran out towards the Tendo Dojo.

<Play> *Did we HAVE to skip breakfast? I'm hungry!*

<Ranma> *I know, so am I, but I wanted to get away from Shampoo.
Okasan is gonna talk to her about this whole marriage thing.*

<Play> *You should marry her! She's sexy and cute, and oh so sweet!*

Ranma-chan opened the thermos and dumped the hot water over her head.

<Ranma> *Ah... that's much better!*

Ranma continued on towards the Tendo Dojo, his spirits starting to
brighten.

<Bitter> *No time to be happy yet, Ranma. What are we going to do
about Ryoga?*

<Ranma> *Let's deal with it when the time comes, OK?*

<Bitter> *'When the time comes' we will be too BUSY acting like a damn
CAT!*

<Ranma> *Look, there's Nabiki and Akane... maybe seeing them will make
you feel better.*

Ranma had reached the Tendo Dojo, once again, just in time for Akane and
Nabiki to exit through the front gate.

"Good morning, guys!" Ranma called out.

"Good morning Ranma-kun!"

"Morning, Ranma."

"Is something wrong? The two of you look pretty tired." Ranma commented
to the girls as they started walking towards school.

Nabiki yawned then smirked, "You should talk, you look a little red
around the eyes yourself."

<Bitter> *Yes, cat fights have that affect on us...*

"Yeah, I, uh, didn't sleep very well last night."

"I'm not surprised, with all that yowling and screeching going on."
Nabiki said.

<Bitter> *Uh oh.*

"Yowling?" Ranma asked nervously.

"Yeah, you know, all those cats? Something strange was going on last
night, it was like every cat in Nerima got together for a party or
something..."

"Yeah, that _was_ strange, huh? hahaha..."

"I think _you're_ acting a bit strange today Ranma-kun." Nabiki pointed
out.

****************************

When they got to class, Ranma tried to strike up a conversation with
Akane.

"I know you're upset over the engagement thing, but you gotta admit,
it's nice not having to fight every morning right?"

In spite of herself, Akane smiled and said, "Yeah, I guess so... but if
YOU start anything..."

"Hey, hey... We've had this conversation before, remember? Just
friends. That's not too bad, is it?"

"Well, OK... friends." Akane agreed then quieted down as the teacher
called the class to attention.

"Ok class... I would like to introduce two new students today, who,
interestingly enough, recently lived in China, like Mr. Saotome." the
teacher said.

<Bitter> *You don't suppose it's Xian Pu?*

<Guardian> *Perhaps... But who is the other one?*

The door to the classroom opened and two people walked in and stood in
front of the class. The male student had long black hair and was
wearing a large pair of circle-rimmed glasses and a long white robe.
The other student, a female, was wearing a pair of slacks and a purple
collared shirt. She also had a large spatula strapped to her back.
Ranma recognized her immediately.

"Ucchan?!" he called out loud in surprise.

"RANCHAN!" Ukyou squealed with glee as she launched herself into Ranma's
arms.

<Bitter> *I can't believe she followed us here!*

<Guardian> *She's like that Amazon fool! Young and in love!*

The teacher cleared his throat and Ukyou unflinchingly walked back to
the front of the class.

"As I was saying, these two students are from China, like Mr. Saotome,
who apparently knows at least one of them. Class, I'd like to introduce
you to Ukyou Konjii and Mu Tsu. There are a couple of empty seats at
the back of the class, please, sit down."

As the teacher started his lecture, Ranma ducked under and Bitter took
control. Akane tossed a note towards Ranma and it landed on his desk.
Ranma/Bitter unfolded the note and read it.

'Ranma,

Who is that girl?

-Akane'

<Play> *Ho ho! She's jealous now, isn't she?*

<Ranma> *She is NOT! She's probably just curious...*

<Bitter> *Well, what do you want me to do? I mean, passing notes in
class is REALLY childish.*

<Ranma> *Write back, tell her Ukyou is from the village... and that
she's like my sister.*

<Play> *I bet that LAST part's really important, eh Ranma?*

Ranma/Bitter sighed and scribbled on the note then tossed it back to
Akane. Akane read the note, slightly blushed and nodded stiffly then
turned back towards the teacher.

<Ranma> *What did you write?! She looks angry again!*

<Bitter> *I write exactly what you told me to... but I also told her
what I thought about passing notes in class. You can talk to her during
lunch.*

<Ranma> *Thank you, oh so much. You make her MAD and I have to deal
with it!*

<Bitter> *Hey, what are tribesmen for?*

After morning classes had ended and lunch was about to start, Ukyou
grabbed Ranma by the arm and led him outside. Ranma had wanted to
apologize to Akane, but never got the chance. As the two were leaving
their classroom, they brushed by Nabiki who looked at the retreating
pair with surprise and a hint of anger.

Nabiki walked up to Akane's desk and said, "Well?"

"Well what, Nabiki?" Akane replied evenly.

"Who was she?"

"Ranma _says_ that she's like a _sister_"

"Oh? It looks to me like she wanted to a _private_ conversation with
her _brother_"

"It's none of our business, Nabiki. Who cares what Ranma does!"

Nabiki turned around and briskly walked to the door. As she was about
to exit, she turned towards Akane and impatiently said, "Well? Are you
coming or not?"

Akane let out a frustrated sigh and got up from her desk.

********************************

Ranma and Ukyou were standing by a large oak tree in the school yard.
Akane and Nabiki crept up towards them, just close enough to listen to
anything the two might say. Unfortunately for Ranma, the two Tendos had
stopped just outside the Watcher's range of perception.

"I've missed you, Ucchan... but why did you leave the village?" Ranma
asked.

<Guardian> *She came after YOU!*

"I've missed you too Ranchan... I guess... I- I got lonely with you
gone. And I felt so guilty about how we parted. I didn't want your
last impression of me to be one of anger."

"Ucchan... You're family! I could never be angry with you."

"Ranchan..." Ukyou began, turning away from Ranma, "I know you don't
feel for me what I feel for you... If I can't be your lover, then... I
guess I'll have to be content with being your sister... Only, I don't
want to be apart from you... ever."

"Ucchan..." Ranma said as he enveloped Ukyou in a gentle hug.

They stayed like that for a few minutes then Ukyou sighed as she
released Ranma.

"So. How the does the Tribe like Japan?" she asked brightly.

"Tribe?" Nabiki whispered to Akane.

Akane just shook her head and continued to listen.

"Oh, they're... adjusting. I think they like it here." Ranma replied.

<Bitter> *Speak for yourself!*

"Well, some are adjusting better than others..."

Ukyou laughed and said, "I bet... Has Play been enjoying himself? I can
imagine that he finds the city exciting."

Ranma frowned and said, "Ucchan, there's something I have to tell
you...about the tribe."

"Yes? What is it?"

It was now Ranma's turn to look away from Ukyou.

"I didn't tell you _everything_ about the tribe, Ucchan..."

Ukyou frowned but said, "That's all right Ranchan, no one tells another
person everything."

"Ucchan... Some members of the tribe are... are female."

"What? How is THAT possible?" Ukyou demanded.

"I seriously think that we're missing something here Akane..." Nabiki
whispered.

"Yeah... Where is this tribe? And who cares if some of them are
female?" Akane whispered back.

"Maybe its a club, or a cult or something..."

"I don't know how it happened Ucchan, but it's true... I never told
you, because, well, I guess I was kinda embarrassed."

"You have no reason to embarrassed about anything in front of me! I
love you Ranchan! Is this the reason we can't be together?"

"Well that's part-"

<Watcher> *Someone's coming*

"Ranma Saotome," a voice called out.

Ranma turned towards Akane and Nabiki and the two girls thought that
they had been discovered. They both sighed in relief as Mu Tsu, the
other new student walked into view.

"Uh... you're Mousse, right? What can I do for ya?" Ranma asked.

<Bitter> *That's Mu Tsu, you idiot!*

Mu Tsu walked in front of Ukyou and said, "Ranma Saotome, I don't know
whether to thank you, or to kill you."

Ukyou gently turned Mu Tsu towards Ranma, who was startled by the blind
boy's comment.

"Uh... What did I do?" Ranma asked.

"I was there, Ranma Saotome." Mu Tsu said, this time facing Ranma.

"I was there when you defeated the fight master Khu Lon, and her
Great-Grand daughter Xian Pu."

<Bitter> *Great, another Amazon...*

"Ok..." Ranma replied, not realizing where Mu Tsu was going with this.

"I guess I should explain. I love Xian Pu! She is my goddess! My ONLY
reason for living. However, she defeated me in battle when we were but
children and Khu Lon would not let me court her. So I am your debt for
defeating Khu Lon, however, the woman I love is now your wife."

"WIFE?" Ukyou, Akane, and Nabiki yelled in unison.

Being that Nabiki and Akane had already give up their location, they
stalked over to confront Ranma.

<Bitter> *oh oh. This could get ugly.*

<Ranma> *What the hell are THEY doing here?*

<Guardian> *They followed us here, obviously.*

<Lyric> *Ohhhh... Are we gonna have an orgy?*

<Guardian> *Lyric! I'm shocked at you!*

<Lyric> *Awwww, it was Play's idea! We never get to do anything!*

<Guardian> *Lyric...*

<Lyric> *Guardian?*

<Guardian> *WHAT, Lyric..*

<Lyric> *What's an orgy?*

<Guardian> *Sigh... never MIND, Lyric...*

<Play> *hahaha... that was fun!*

<Guardian> *I'll deal with YOU later!*

<Ranma> *Uh Guardian? You wanna take care of this?*

<Guardian> *Ranma, you don't need a telepath to tell you that those
three girls are _very_ upset right now!*

"Uh... look guys, Shampoo is at my house right now... Okasan is trying
to convince her that we're not married. Why don't we go there after
school, OK?"

"Xian Pu actually FOUND you?" Mu Tsu exclaimed.

"Well, she literally ran into me yesterday. Look Mousse. I don't love
Shampoo, and I ain't gonna marry her... Maybe... we can work something
out..." Ranma said.

"I've been looking everywhere for her! I followed her all the way here,
but I never thought I'd find her so fast! Thank you Saotome, thank
You!" Mu Tsu said, vigorously shaking Nabiki's hand.

*************************
End Part 10

Next time: Khu Lon VS. Ranma! again!

and some one dies...

*************************

Ranma 1/2 is owned by Rumiko Takahashi

Tribe of One is owned by TSR.
----------------------------------

"Ranma-kun, what exactly IS this tribe?" Nabiki asked.

Ukyou turned sharply towards Nabiki, then glanced at Ranma.

"You were spying on us." Ukyou said in a flat voice.

Nabiki smirked and said, "I know its a bad habit, but hey, we all have
our vices."

<Guardian> *This isn't the time nor the place to be discussing the
Tribe.*

<Bitter> *I agree, this situation is hostile enough! All we need is
Ryoga and this would be perfect.*

As agreed, Ranma, Ukyou, Mu Tsu, Nabiki, and Akane were headed towards
the Saotome residence to talk to Xian Pu. Mu Tsu seemed be going
through some kind of an internal struggle while Ukyou and Nabiki traded
glares. Akane pointedly ignored everyone, seemingly seething in anger.

"Uh, the tribe is going to be kind of hard to explain... Let's settle
this marriage business with Shampoo first, then we'll talk about the
tribe." Ranma replied.

That mollified Nabiki. To tell the truth, she was more concerned about
Shampoo than she was about the Tribe.

* *
* Raoh the Conqueror presents *
* *
* A Story of Ranma 1/2 *
* *
* A Stained Glass Mind Part 11 *
* *

<Ranma> *I'm starting to agree with you Bitter... I need to be
prepared for what's gonna happen when we get home. Guardian? Can
you...*

<Guardian> *I'd be glad to Ranma.*

Guardian took control and started probing the minds of those around her.

<Guardian> *Let's see here... Akane is MAD about Ukyou, she's MAD
about Shampoo, she's MAD at you, and she's MAD about the Tribe.*

<Ranma> *Why's she mad about the Tribe?*

<Guardian> *I think she just likes being mad. But the root of the
problem is that you are keeping a secret from her.*

<Ranma> *What does she expect? I haven't known her very long...*

<Guardian> *She's paranoid when it comes to boys, Ranma. You're the
only male her own age that has treated like a friend instead of a sex
object. She thinks you have some kind of hidden agenda or plot against
her.*

<Bitter> *You sure do know how to pick them, Ranma! That girl's got
way too much emotional baggage. Now Nabiki, on the other hand...*

<Guardian> *Yes, let's talk about Nabiki.*

<Ranma> *OK, what's her problem?*

<Guardian> *She is VERY upset with us and with Ukyou. She sees Ukyou
as competition and suspects our intentions. For the first time in her
life she is starting to think with her heart instead of her mind and
she's scared that she's going to get hurt. She's also wondering she can
make a profit out of all this; especially the Tribe.*

<Ranma> *Oh man... Bitter, this is all your fault!*

<Bitter> *HEY! I didn't do anything with Nabiki that you didn't do
with Akane or Ukyou! I can't help it if Nabiki is going to get hurt.
But I will always be her friend. So help me Ranma, if some of your
romantic bumbling around hurts her, I'll-*

<Guardian> *ENOUGH! This is gone beyond fault! We just need to
prepare for the consequences now. We have to work together, OK?*

<Ranma> *Right... What about Ucchan, then?*

<Guardian> *She feels betrayed. She has always been there for you and
now she sees you going after other women. She still loves you, though.*

<Ranma> *OK, that I think I can deal with...*

<Guardian> *Mu Tsu might be a problem, however. He doesn't HATE you,
but his passion for Xian Pu over-rides anything else. He'll destroy any
obstacle that's in his way; and right now, YOU are the only one.*

<Ranma> *Ah... big deal. He's as blind as a bat, I can take him,
easy!*

<Guardian> *Don't be too sure Ranma. Mu Tsu is a master of hidden
weapons, he is also VERY determined to get Xian Pu.*

<Ranma> *Hidden weapons? Like what, he's got a knife, maybe a shuriken
or two up his sleeves?*

<Guardian> *A bit more than that I'm afraid.*

<Play> *I wonder what ELSE he's got hidden under those robes!*

<Ranma> *Man, I guess this CAN'T get any worse...*

<Bitter> *Hahaha... Are you KIDDING? What till we get HOME!*

"RANMA! PREPARE TO DIE!"

<Guardian> *It just got worse.*

The small group turned around to see Ryoga charge towards them.

"Oh... It's that _friend_ of yours Ranma-kun." Nabiki smirked as she
carefully moved out of Ryoga's path.

The other's moved back as well as Ryoga reached Ranma. Ranma sighed and
jumped over Ryoga, who kept running and turned a corner. Well, he
turned what _would_ have been a corner if a wall hadn't been there.
Akane and Nabiki winced as Ryoga crashed through the brick wall and
continued on his way.

"Well, I guess we'd better go." Ranma said.

"But...but what about that guy?!" Akane asked.

"Oh, don't worry about him..." Ranma said, trying to assure Akane.

"I think he wanted to kill you Ranma-kun..." Nabiki pointed out.

Ranma sighed then smiled ruefully, "One problem at a time Nabiki...
Let's get going."

"Are you sure he won't be back, Ranchan? I mean, he didn't run too far
off." Ukyou asked.

"If what Otosan said about him was true, he probably won't find me for a
week or so..."

The others turned towards Ranma with a questioning look.

"Never mind... It's really not worth explaining," he replied.

Ukyou shook her head and said, "You never should have left the village
Ranchan, it was much safer there, and you _were_ happy, right?"

Ranma smiled sadly and replied, "Yes, I was happy there Ucchan... very
happy."

'Well, UcCHAN... maybe YOU should go back to the village, it being SO
dangerous here in Japan..." Nabiki said, venom dripping from every word.

Ukyou gave Nabiki a frosty look and glomped onto Ranma's arm and said,
"I can take care of myself, Nabiki-san, and besides, with Ranchan here,
why would I worry about danger?"

<Guardian> *We need to stop this Ranma. We need to stop this SOON.*

<Ranma> *I know, I know... Look, we'll get home and start with Shampoo.
We'll work our way down from there, OK?*

<Play> *You mean we're gonna get down on-*

<Guardian> *DON'T even THINK it!*

<Play> *sigh...*

<Ranma> *hehehe... sigh... Let's quicken the pace a bit, OK?*

Ranma started walking a bit more quickly towards home, the others
following suit understandingly. The small group eventually arrived at
the Saotome home and Ranma took a deep breath before opening the front
door.

"I'm home!" he called out.

A purple-haired blur pounced on him and wormed her way into his embrace.

"Airen! You home! Xian Pu miss you!" The young amazon gushed as she
seemed to meld herself against Ranma's chest.

<Play> *Ohhhhh... you GOTTA let me out for THIS!*

At this point all hell broke loose.

Ukyou roughly disengaged Ranma from the Amazon and let out a guttural
growl, drawing her spatula and getting into a combative stance.

Xian Pu, in turn, growled back and muttered something to Ukyou in
Chinese. Unfortunately, Ukyou understood her and took a swing at Xian
Pu with the spatula. Xian Pu barely ducked under the swing and Ranma
was hit squarely in the face with the flat side of the spatula. Ranma
twisted around and lost his footing, landing on Nabiki and Akane; all
three of them on the floor, a tangle of arms and legs.

Mu Tsu took this opportunity to run into the house, screaming Xian Pu's
name loudly. He managed to run past the two fighting females and
embraced Nodoka as she walked out of the kitchen.

"Xian Pu! I've finally found you!" Mu Tsu lamented, staring at Nodoka's
-angry- eyes.

Nodoka was about tell the blind boy -exactly- what he had found, but
Ranma disengaged the two.

"Mousse! You blind idiot! Shampoo's over THERE!" Ranma said, pointing
to the two girls fighting in his living room.

<Play> *Okasan shouldn't mind too much, after all, he isn't a bad
lookin' guy!*

<Ranma> *Don't. Go. There.*

Mu Tsu stared blankly at Ranma, then looked back at Nodoka.

"Oh, I'm sorry Miss. Even with glasses, my eye-sight is a little bad."
Mu Tsu said sheepishly.

<Bitter> *A -little- bad?*

<Play> *He really IS blind if he can't tell the difference between
Shampoo and Okasan!*

Nodoka seemed to calm down a bit, mostly because the young man who had
accosted her had called her 'Miss'.

"That's quite all right." she said coolly.

She turned towards Ranma, and her demeanor hardened slightly.

"Now Ranma-chan, perhaps you can explain what this is all about?
Honestly! It seems that you are becoming more and more like your father
every day!"

Bitter immediately took control.

"Hey! That's going a bit far, don't you think?" Ranma/Bitter asked
sharply.

Nodoka blinked in surprise, then realized that she was talking to
someone else.

"Sorry, -Ranma-. Perhaps that was uncalled for." she said wryly.

Mu Tsu ran towards Ukyou and Xian Pu, who were still fighting... and ran
right past them to Akane, who he proceeded to hug.

"Oh Xian Pu!!!!"

"Mu Tsu, that's really not a good-" Ranma/Bitter winced as Mu Tsu went
flying -back- towards Ukyou and Xian Pu, the force of Akane's blow
sending him directly to them.

<Bitter> *I'm outta here! This is way too violent for me!*

Ranma regained control just in time to see Mu Tsu crash into Xian Pu and
Ukyou. This time, the three of -them- ended up sprawled on the floor.
Mu Tsu found himself on top of both women and looked closely at each of
them. He then sighed in resignation and embraced them -both-.

"I'm sorry Ukyou, but this is the best way..." Mu Tsu explained.

"Oh, Xian Pu! I missed you so much!" Mu Tsu lamented once again.

"Oh dear..." Nodoka sighed.

"What's wrong Okasan?" Ranma asked innocently.

"That's a loaded question Ranma... You are... yes, you are Ranma...
Anyway, I think I understand what this is all about, and -that- scares
more than anything!"

<Bitter> *hahaha... She can still have a sense of humor in spite of all
this...*

<Guardian> *Okasan is really something...*

"Well then, if you children can pick yourselves off the floor, I think
some introductions are in order... along with a few explanations."
Nodoka said.

Mu Tsu, Xian Pu, and Ukyou had the decency to blush as they got up and
stood awkwardly in front of Nodoka.

"Uh... Okasan, I'd like you to meet Ucchan. You remember me telling you
about her, right?"

Nodoka's face lit up in a smile, "Of course I remember! Come here
dear," she said, hold out her arms toward Ukyou.

Ukyou hesitantly walked into Nodoka's waiting arms and returned the
older woman's hug.

"I am so glad to meet you, Ukyou-chan. Ranma told me how close the two
of you are. I want to thank you for being there for him. For being the
family he didn't have..."

Ukyou looked into Nodoka's wet eyes and simply said, "I love him."

<Bitter> *This is starting to make me sick...*

Nodoka nodded in understanding and the two women embraced again.

"Now, I've already 'met' Mu Tsu over there... Please all of you, sit
down. There are... things we need to discuss." Nodoka said.

Everyone sat down at the small table that the Saotomes used for dining
purposes. Xian Pu immediately glomped on to Ranma's arm and Ukyou
glomped on to the other. Mu Tsu sat next to Xian Pu, not touching her,
but instead staring at her with a look of adoration. Nabiki and Akane
sat across from Ranma, both girls looking at him darkly. Ukyou and Xian
Pu traded venomous glances as Nodoka retreated into the kitchen to get
some food.

<Ranma> *I wish Okasan would hurry up!*

<Bitter> *Yeah, this is getting bad.*

<Guardian> *Just be patient. Okasan is very clever. If these people
are busy eating, perhaps they won't fight.*

<Ranma> *Don't count on it.*

<Play> *You can always let ME out if you feel uncomfortable!*

Nodoka walked back into the room with a large tray and stopped when she
saw Ranma.

"You girls might want to ease up a little, you're probably stopping his
blood flow." Nodoka said to Ukyou and Xian Pu.

The two girls reluctantly let go of their respective hold on Ranma, but
did not move away from him.

<Guardian> *See?*

<Bitter> *Yeah... Okasan is really smooth...*

Nodoka set the tray of food on the table and sat down.

"Please, help yourself." she said, gesturing to the tray.

After everyone had eaten a little food, Nodoka began speaking again.

"I was planning on talking to Ranma and Xian Pu tonight, but I guess the
rest of you are involved in this as well."

"I don't care what that idiot does..." Akane muttered.

"Quiet Akane." Nabiki whispered back.

"By her laws, Xian Pu states that she must marry Ranma-"

"NO!" Mu Tsu yelled, suddenly standing.

"Please sit down." Nodoka said calmly, staring serenely at Mu Tsu.

Mu Tsu sat back down, a little unsure of himself.

"Now, Ranma also defeated Xian Pu's grand mother, and left the village
without marrying Xian Pu. Therefore if she returns home -without-
Ranma, she will be disgraced, right?" Nodoka asked, turning towards Mu
Tsu.

"Yes... but that's OK, -I- will take care of her-" Mu Tsu began.

"Stupid Mu Tsu! Can't even take care of self!" Xian Pu spat out.

Nodoka continued on, "I can't, in good conscience, just turn Xian Pu
away, but neither will I support any marriage. Unless, of course, Ranma
wants to marry her."

All eyes turned towards Ranma.

<Guardian> *It's now or never.*

"I like Shampoo, a lot. But I don't love her. And I really do not want
to marry her." Ranma said.

<Bitter> *See? That wasn't too hard now, was it?*

Xian Pu stubbornly grabbed hold of Ranma's arm. "It no matter! Ranma
Xian Pu's husband! He learn to love!"

"Let go him you... bimbo! Didn't you hear? He DOESN'T LOVE YOU!"
Ukyou growled, once again grabbing Ranma's other arm.

Nabiki sighed, looking like she wanted to laugh and cry at the same
time.

"Please, girls..." Nodoka said in a tired voice.

Both girls let go of Ranma, but continued to glare at each other.

"Besides, there are... other reasons Ranma cannot marry you, Xian Pu."
Nodoka continued.

"Other reasons?" Nabiki and Xian Pu said at the same time.

Nodoka looked pleadingly at Ranma, not knowing how to continue. Ranma
glanced at Ukyou and she nodded her encouragement. Everyone was so
intent on Ranma that they did not notice the small figure enter the
house.

<Guardian> *It's time to tell them Ranma; tell them everything.*

<Ranma> *I know, but...*

<Guardian> *You're scared, right? That they won't like you anymore?*

<Ranma> *...*

<Guardian> *If they are TRULY your friends, they will support you.
They might be a bit startled at first, but they'll adjust. It's time to
trust them.*

<Ranma> *I... I know.*

<Guardian> *Don't worry, Ranma. I'll -always- be here for you. We'll
do this together, OK?*

<Ranma> *Fine... The rest of you OK with this?*

<Play> *OK by me!*

<Lyric> *I want something to eat!*

<Bitter> *If we must, we must...*

<Lyric> *I REALLY want something to eat!*

<Ranma> *Let's do it...*

"Does this have something to do with the 'tribe'?" Nabiki asked,
hazarding a guess.

Nodoka seemed startled, then looked at Ranma questioningly.

"Yes, son-in-law. Tell us all about the Tribe!" a voice called out from
behind.

Ranma whirled around in his sitting position and paled when he saw Khu
Lon.

"Ayia! Great Grand Mother! What you do here?" Xian Pu exclaimed.

<Ranma> *How did she get in here? Why didn't the Watcher notice her?*

<Guardian> *I DON'T KNOW! But I think we're in trouble!*

<Bitter> *THAT'S putting it mildly! I'm outta here!*

Bitter fled to the recesses of Ranma's mind, knowing that he would not
be helpful in the fight that would ensue.

Nodoka stood up and looked coldly at Khu Lon.

"You are NOT welcome in this house." she said flatly.

"Oh, do not worry, I don't plan on being here long. I just came to
collect what's mine. But first, Ranma was going to tell us about the
Tribe, right? The tribe of One? Please Ranma, tell us all. Tell us
what kind of -freak- you are!" Khu Lon sneered.

"H-How did you find out about the Tribe?" Ranma asked.

"I just visited that pathetic little village of yours... I found out
everything I need to know."

Ukyou stood up, suddenly angry. "If you've hurt anyone from MY home-"

Khu Lon waved away Ukyou's threat and the young woman was thrown back
against a wall.

<Ranma> *How did she DO that?*

<Guardian> *Damn! She's psionic!*

<Ranma> *WHAT?*

"The Village of the Mind isn't the -only- place where Psionics live."
Khu Lon said, confirming Guardian's suspicion.

Khu Lon stared at Ranma and a blue glow started growing around her.

Ranma screamed in pain and clutched his head. The pain was intense. He
felt as if his mind was exploding and compressing at the same time.

<Ranma> *G-Guardian... Do SOMETHING!*

<Guardian> *I'm trying! It's like... pushing... back...a tidal
wave...*

<Ranma> *What...is...she...*

The pain intensified and Ranma began to feel dizzy. His eyes began to
water from the pain as he managed to look up at Khu Lon's determined
face. Apparently, whatever she was doing was taking a great deal of
effort. She began breathe a little more heavily and sweat droplets
formed on her forehead. *Such resistance in once so young!* she though
as she intensified her attack.

<Ranma> *This... is... killing... me...*

<MASTER> *No, not you...*

<Ranma> *What?*

<Master> *There is a way to stop this... but a sacrifice must be made.
Guardian?*

<Guardian> *Yes, Master?*

Master released a flood of knowledge to the Guardian.

<Guardian> *I... understand.*

<Ranma> *What? Do.. you have a plan?*

<Guardian> *Don't worry Ranma, I'll take care of everything. And
remember, I love you.*

<Ranma> *What?*

The Guardian suddenly forced Ranma down and took control. She forced
herself to stand up and pushed against Khu Lon's attack with all her
will. She pushed the attack far enough for the pain to recede, but it
would not last long.

Ranma was able to feel an enormous build up of mental energy in his mind
and became alarmed.

<Ranma> *Isn't this a little dangerous??*

<Master> *Quiet Ranma! She knows what she needs to do.*

Suddenly, the mental wall the Guardian had built collapsed and with a
burst of pure Psi power, Khu Lon's attack was completely negated. Khu
Lon collapsed on ground, still upright, but breathing heavily.

"All right you did it!" Ranma screamed out loud, suddenly realizing that
he had control once again.

<Ranma> *Uh... what happened, Guardian?*

<Master> *She's... gone Ranma. I'm sorry...*

<Ranma> *Whaddya mean 'she's gone'? Master?*

Ranma felt the Master pull back once again and knew that he would not
get any answers there.

<Ranma> *Guardian? Guardian! 'She's gone'... No... oh God, no...
GUARDIAN!!!!!!!!*

The others saw Ranma slowly get up as Khu Lon collapsed; then suddenly,
he fell back to the floor, screaming and crying. Khu Lon slowly got up
and nodded in satisfaction.

"What have you DONE TO MY SON!" Nodoka screamed in rage, hurrying over
to Ranma's side.

"It was painful, but I made him one step closer to being normal. In a
few moments, I'll be ready to continue." Khu Lon replied.

Nodoka could only stare at Khu Lon in horror, realizing what the old
woman had meant.

"I'm not going to let you hurt Ranchan again!" Ukyou said, moving away
from the wall she had slammed into.

"Great Grand-Mother, I love you... but you no hurt Ranma ANYMORE!" Xian
Pu stated.

"It was time you were dealt with properly, old Ghoul!" Mu Tsu exclaimed.

"I don't know what this is about, but Ranma is... a friend. I -won't-
let you near him!" Akane joined in, standing next to Mu Tsu.

"Children... do you -really- think that you can harm me?" Khu Lon said
in disgust.

"Maybe, maybe not, but you won't get to Ranma." Ukyou stated firmly.

"Very well then. Xian Pu, this will be like training-"

Nodoka and Nabiki, who were hovering over Ranma, suddenly gasped. All
eyes went back to Ranma as a black glow emanated from his body.
Everyone, including Khu Lon, subconsciously took a step back. Ranma
stood up, but it was Shade who is in control. Ranma/Shade face Khu Lon,
an impassive look on his face, the black glow growing stronger.

Shade had felt the turmoil of the Tribe. The Guardian gone, probably
dead. Ranma, an emotional mess. Master, no where to be found, as
usually, and the others cowering somewhere in fear. He instinctively
knew that he had to act quickly if the Tribe was to survive. He turned
to face Khu Lon, the threat to the Tribe. Only one thing was certain;
the old woman had to die.

The End - Part 11