[X-Over][Fanfic] "The Aeltor Chronicles" Part 1: Dragonslayers

Cyclone

Mar 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/2/99

Based on
Robotech
Bubblegum Crisis
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
Ranma 1/2
Urusei Yatsura
and
Tenchi Muyo!
but
no matter how much it may seem
NOT
Bio-Booster Armor Guyver
Written by Cyclone
W H I R L W I N D P R O D U C T I O N S
presents
T H E A E L T O R C H R O N I C L E S
Part One: Dragonslayers
Author's Note:
This story must be one of the largest and strangest crossovers in
existence. Speaking of which, if you know of a larger crossover as
serious as this one, I'd like to know about it. It screws up the
timelines of all the anime it's based on. This 'fic idea popped in my
head as more of a reaction 'fic than anything... until I thought about
what I could do with it.
This has _got_ to be one of the most ambitious 'fic I've ever
thought of.
All knowledge of UY and BGC is strictly second-hand, and I've had
very limited exposure to BSSM, so I hereby apologize beforehand for any
descrepancies or anyone acting OOC. Ranma is likely to act a little
OOC. Why? I like him and I think a martial-artist as good as him would
have to be a lot smarter than Takahashi-san portrays him.
I'm changing the Robotech world so that they speak Japanese like
in the other worlds.
The story may get weird in parts, so be warned.
Enjoy!

Rand and Rook were scouting ahead, "Hey! When d'you s'pose we'll
reach Reflex Point?"
Rand's attempt at conversation fell far short as Rook simply
said, "Scott said we'd be there in about four months."
*Fine,* Rand thought, *I try to be sociable and she ignores me.*
He looked up, "What the hell is that??"
"That" was what appeared to be a huge blue portal right in front
of them. The two Cycloners swerved and hit their brakes, even
transmoding to Battle Armor mode, all in a vain attempt to stop.
They went in.

Meanwhile, in another world...

Priss sent a steady stream of laserfire at the new, experimental
C-128 combat boomer. The boomer dodged with apparent ease and returned
fire, singeing the Knight Saber's hardsuit.
Linna approached the boomer from behind and lashed out with her
energy ribbons... only to be thrown back by a pair of rockets from a
hidden, rear-mounted missile pod. She swore.
Sylia tried to get up, but the hit she took earlier had mostly
trashed her hardsuit, and she collapsed once more.
Nene dove in and poured everything her hardsuit had into the
boomer, which didn't seem to take much notice.
Suddenly, a blue portal appeared and what looked like two very
bulky hardsuits flew out of it.

After coming out of the portal, Rand saw a strange-looking mecha
fighting four people who appeared to be in some sort of cross between
Cycs and CVR-3 combat armor. He immediately raised his EP-40, aiming at
the strange, hybrid mecha, and fired.
"Rand! What're you _doing_?!"
He shrugged, "They look like they could use some help."
Rook sighed and raised her long-barreled RL-6 and targeted the
unidentified mecha, "You distract it. I'll finish it off when I get a
lock."

The Knight Sabers stared as the two strangers zig-zagged and the
white one shot the boomer until the red one took it out with some sort
of large cannon.
"How the heck...??" Priss muttered under her breath.
The Knight Sabers landed. Priss and Nene went toward the two
strangers while Linna tried to help Sylia.
"Who're you?"
Suddenly, another blue portal appeared and enveloped all four of
them: Priss, Nene, and the two strangers.

Elsewhere...

The Sailor Senshi were fighting another Dark Kingdom general and
were about to dust him when...
The Dark General grinned, "Let's see how you do without your two
friends to help you."
He gestured and a dark, swirling portal appeared, and two of the
Sailor Senshi fell through it.
"Mercury! Jupiter!" Sailor Moon turned, "Alright, that's it. MOON
PRINCESS HALATION!"
"uh-oh."

A world away...

"Saotome! Enemy of women, prepare to DIE!"
"Hiya, Mousse. How's it goin'?"
The master of the Hidden Weapons style launched chains at
Nerima's premier martial artist, who dodged and kept up his attempts to
start a conversation with the half-blind, male Amazon.
Unnoticed by either, Happosai chuckled evilly, "Ranma, now you're
gonna pay for humiliating me so many times and interrupting my...
expeditions." He began readying a spell described on a scroll he held
in front of him.
Suddenly, a dark, swirling portal appeared above the two martial
artists and two girls fell out, wearing ridiculously abbreviated sailor
suits.
"What the...? Where are we?"
"It appears as though we're in another dimension."
(If you can't figure out who's talking, you're either anime-
illiterate or the dumbest person alive... or simply lucky enough to
have resisted the addictive qualities of Sailor Moon.)
All four turned as Happosai let out a loud and evil cackle,
"Ranma, you've meddled with me for the last time!"
He muttered some indecipherable incantation and, in a blinding
flash of light, the four of them disappeared.

In a neighboring universe...

"Darling no BAKA! DIVINE RETRIBUTION!"
ZAP! ZAP! ZAP!
Suddenly, there was a blinding flash of light, and four people
appeared: a Chinese man in white robes and wearing glasses, a young man
in a Chinese silk outfit and wearing a pig-tail, and two girls in
ridiculously abbreviated sailor suits. The last two were naturally the
first that the "most lecherous boy in the universe" noticed.
"Sweeto!" he immediately latched onto the brunette. A very big
mistake as he was about to find out.
"Leggo of me, pervert!"
"That's no way to treat a lady!"
"Lecherous fool! You are worse than Saotome!"
"Darling no BAKA!"
"Jupiter Thunder CRASH!!!"
"MOUKO-TAKABISHA!"
"PAINYAO-CHUAN!"
"DIVINE RETRIBUTION!
(I don't feel like typing in all the sound effects... suffice it
to say that Ataru is in far more pain than usual. Yes, this is the UY
universe and those _are_ Lum Redet and Ataru Moroboshi in case you
haven't figured it out yet.)
Suddenly, a blue portal appeared and four metal-clad figures fell
from it.
Before anyone could ask _anything_, another blue portal appeared
and swallowed them all.

Meanwhile, in another timeline...

The Yagami passed dangerously close to black hole. More than
dangerously close actually. In fact, it was being pulled into it.
Thankfully, Tenchi was on board.
In an unoccupied portion of the ship, a blue portal appeared,
dumping out ten people.
Mihoshi was asleep. Of course.
"MIHOSHI! WAKE UP!"
It didn't work. Kiyone sighed, *Why do I even try?*
The Light-Hawk Wings activated and drew all conscious life-forms
through the black hole...

A long while later...

Rand groaned and opened his eyes. *Wonderful,* he thought as he
got up, *This place reminds me of the Lizard Lounge back down south.*
He looked around and spotted... "Rook!" He ran over to his
teammate, friend, and hopefully significant other.
He transmoded back to cycle mode and checked her vital signs
(making sure to avoid touching anything that might warrant a rocket
down the throat) and looked around some more. He saw two of the people
he and Rook saved from the strange mecha as well as two people he
hadn't seen before and four people he saw briefly when another portal
had somehow brought them to a city. *A city. Peaceful and with no hive
in sight. How is that possible? Every major city was either destroyed
or subdued under Invid rule.*
One obviously wasn't human. She had horns for one thing. The fact
that he could've sworn he saw her _fly_ without a Cyc or a VT was
another.
Eventually, the other eleven people woke up... and most began
arguing among themselves. Somehow or other, he and Rook got into one of
their trademark yelling matches.

Kiyone was losing her temper real fast. True, she didn't have
much of one in the first place, being Mihoshi's academy roommate and
then her partner since graduation made sure of that, but normally she
was calm and collective. Right now, though, she pulled out her blaster
and fired straight up. That got everyone's attention just as fast.
"Would someone mind explaining what's going on?"
"Well, I'm Rand and this is Rook Bartley. We're rebels against
the Invid."
"The who?"
He blinked, "You don't know the Invid? The metamorphic aliens
that've conquered Earth?"
"You peabrain! They might be sympathizers!"
"Maybe they are, but I think it's more important to figure out
just where the hell we are first, don't you?!?"
"You think they're gonna tell us if they're sympathizers???
You're dumber than I thought, country-boy."
"Rook, we saved those two," he indicated the other two metal-clad
people, "from that weird mecha. They owe us."
The other two metal-clad people pulled themselves out of their
armor, "I'm Priss Asagiri and that's Nene Romanova. We're half of the
Knight Sabers. We're trying to take out Genom.
Rand just looked puzzled, "Take out what?"
"Genom. They created that boomer you and Rook destroyed."
"Umm... can I say something?" asked one of the sailor-suited
girls, neither of whom were sailor-suited anymore, "My name's Ami
Mizuno and my friend here is Makoto Kino. You must all swear not tell
anyone, but we're two of the Sailor Senshi. We fight the Dark Kingdom,
preventing them from gaining the energy they need to invade and conquer
Earth. I think we're all from different universes or timelines."
"That would explain the different stories," Kiyone commented,
"I'm Kiyone, a Galaxy Police officer and I know almost all sentient
species by sight. All the metamorphic ones I've heard about are
severely limited in their shapeshifting."
"I'm Tenchi Masaki. I'm sorta part Juraian, part human."
"I'm Lum Redet, princess of the Oni Empire and Darling here is my
fiancee, Ataru Moroboshi."
"Fiancee? I'm Ranma Saotome, the best martial artist in the
world, whatever world this is, and, Ataru, I feel for ya, man, I really
do, even though it _was_ my duty and pleasure to smash you for glompin' onto
Miss Kino here."
"Call me Mako-chan."
"Okay, Mako-chan. This guy's Mousse. He wants to kill me."
"You seem to be taking it rather calmly," noted Tenchi.
"Eh. Happens all the time."
"Point taken. I usually have to stop the occasional alien
invasion, thanks to my guests Ayeka, Sasami, Ryoko, Washu, Mihoshi, and
Kiyone here."
"Wait. They're all girls, aren't they?" Ranma pointed out.
"Yeah, why?"
"Nevermind. Though it does seem as though everyone here has
several mortal enemies. What about you, Ataru?"
"Besides every boy... make that every _person_ at Tomobiki? No,
not really. More specifically, there's Mendo, the richest boy in Tokyo,
and then there're Lum's Stormtroopers."
"Funny. Kunou's out to get me and in my world and _he's_ the
richest boy in Tokyo."
"Ranma, we have got to talk sometime."
"No kidding."
"You two can sit and chat later. Right now, we need to find out
where we are," declared Priss.
"Well," Rand offered, "We're obviously not on Earth, any of our
Earths, anymore."
"That was kinda obvious, Rand," Rook muttered to him.
"Wherever we are," declared Ami, "we're going to require
supplies."
"We've got some canned rations," Rook said, "but that's not gonna
last long for a dozen people."
"As for water, we've only a got a couple of canteens," Rand added.
Ranma shrugged, "For all I know, duck-boy here could be carrying
around a whole grocery store."
"I hide weapons, not mundane things such as groceries."
"Good. If you _were_ carrying around a grocery store, that'd make
you a shoplifter," Ranma grinned.
"Very funny, Saotome, but this is no time for your usual antics."
"Guys!" Rook called from her Cyc, "My sensors're pickin' up
something headed this way from the north. ETA: five minutes. We should
see it in just a little bit less than that."
"Friendly?"
"In this backwards world? Not likely. We'd better be on our toes."
Ranma and Mousse moved into fighting stances, Tenchi pulled out
the Master Key, Kiyone checked her blaster, Priss and Nene returned to
their hardsuits, Rand and Rook transmoded, and Ami and Makoto pulled
out their henshin rods...
"Mercury Power Make-Up!"
"Jupiter Power Make-Up!"
They waited.
Five minutes later, they all gaped as a magnificent red dragon
emerged from the horizon and streaked toward them. The majestic
creature looked around, spotted them, and dove, breathing a hot,
burning chemical out of its nostrils.
"Look out!" yelled Priss as she leaped to the side. Much to her
surprise, the unarmored humans all fairly easily dodged the fiery
breath (Kiyone and Ataru had some trouble, but they were okay).
"MOUKO-TAKABISHA!"
The two Knight Sabers and the Cycloners gaped as Ranma produced
an energy blast more powerful than anything they had on their mecha.
"DIVINE RETRIBUTION!"
The armored humans were again stunned as Lum flew up and zapped
the dragon with a rather powerful electrical blast.
Rand shook himself out of his shock and opened fire with his
EP-40.

Tacorah, more annoyed by the energy blasts coming from the edge
of the clearing than by the flying lightning bug and unable to find the
source of the earlier energy blast, landed and faced the armored figure
before him. And breathed on it.

Rand stopped firing. You generally stop shooting when you're
bathed in what amounts to a Molotov cocktail combined with a flame-
thrower.

Tacorah stopped and looked to admire his handiwork. He growled
with irritation when the armored human once again launched a volley of
energy at him. He slashed.

Rand was knocked off his feet as the massive claws struck him and
sent him flying.

Tenchi and Mousse charged at the massive reptilian creature.

Tacorah turned and cocked his head at the little people running
at him with swords. He grinned. This was what he was used to. True, one
of the swords was made of energy, but they were swords nonetheless.
Strange though, that these would-be dragonslayers were unarmored, but that
was of no concern; it merely made them easier eat since he wouldn't have to
pry off the metal. Most would be dragonslayers were known within their
communities as knights... to dragons, they were canned snacks.
He decided to toy with them for awhile and stomped the ground in
front of them, knocking them over with the shockwaves.

Rook, Priss, and Nene opened fire on the crimson fire-breather.

Tacorah swung his head around and let out another scorching
breath, this time at the three new armored annoyances. They were
beginning to become a real pain in the neck. Probably because that's
where they were shooting.

Rook leaped straight up over the fire and aimed her RL-6 at the
dragon's snout and fired. The missile found its mark and struck the
dragon in the face.

Priss and Nene dodged to either side and sprayed laserfire at the
dragon's chin and head.

Rand dragged himself to his feet and muttered, "That's it. No more Mister
Nice-Guy." A panel opened, revealing one of two the shoulder-mounted GR-103
mini-missile launchers. After a moment to lock on, Rand launched half the la
uncher's payload.

Ranma studied the dragon as it fought with the others (contrary to popular
belief, he was not stupid, not suicidally stupid anyhow) and
spotted an opening, "MOUKO-TAKABISHA!"

Mousse threw several egg bombs as a stressed-out Tenchi powered up the
Light-Hawk Wings and struck the dragon.

Kiyone raised her blaster and fired.

Lum flew up and launched her most powerful lightning bolt ever,
"DIVINE RETRIBUTION!"

Ataru raised the staff he had found right in front of him after he stumbled
while fleeing. It was made of some stout wood and runes were inscribed in
it; one end narrowed to a point while the other spread into claws around a
deep-blue crystal globe. Suddenly, a flash of knowledge struck through his
mind and he said some indecipherable words, calling the mana from the very
ground, and thrust his new staff forward. Electricity sparked around the
crystal globe before shooting off in a lightning bolt (I like lightning
bolts, okay?).

The two Sailor Senshi moved into position. The only reasons they
hadn't acted yet were a) Mercury had been analyzing the dragon with her
VR visor, and b) Jupiter was suddenly struck by the amazing resemblance
between Ranma and her old boyfriend.
"Jupiter Thunder CRASH!!!"
"Mercury Bubble BLAST!"

Tacorah roared as he was attacked from all sides. He could not
believe that after twenty-two years of free reign over Aeltor, he would
be slain not by famous dragonslayers such as Sir Kalas of Dorgin or Kris the
Daggerhand of Hamaroon, but by some inexperienced, amateur sorceror-knights
whom no one had ever heard of.
Yet, despite this, he knew he was dying.

The dragon roared as the new team from half a dozen worlds struck
at it from all sides. It thrashed and destroyed much of the surrounding
forest and the new team could all but try to avoid being crushed by its
death throes...

Author's Postscript:
There's part one of the hugest crossover ever. Hope you liked it!
Not sure where this came from. I just noticed a surprising number
of Ranma/BGC, Ranma/BSSM, Ranma/Tenchi, and Ranma/UY crossovers, while
thinking of a Ranma/Forgotten Realms crossover (don't ask) and this
idea came up. I brought the Robotech rebels in just to add a few more
people who rely on high technology.
Oh, yeah. The reason Rand and Rook could take out the C-128
combat boomer so quickly when the Knight Sabers couldn't at all is
simply because they're used to taking fast precision hits on vulnerable
spots to take out enemies that both greatly outnumber and outgun them.
E-mail C&C to cyc...@citynet.net

This is Cyclone, signing off.