[Ranma/SM][FanFic] Prince of Time, Prologue

Kenneth Payne

Aug 28, 2001, 11:25:52 PM8/28/01
The Prince of Time.

Ranma 1/2 Sailor Moon Cross

I want to thank PRIVAN for the idea. Hope this meets with your approval for
a start.

Disclaimer: I own nothing. Ranma and characters used are the creation of
Rumiko Takahashi and owned by her and Shogagukan, Kitty and Viz
Communications.
Sailor Moon and it's characters are copyrighted by Naoko Takeuchi, Toei
Animation, and Kodansha.

Ranma descended through the chilly waters that came forth from the Dragon
Tap. He protectively cradled the still form of Akane in his arms. The cold
waters rushed past them, slowing there descent. He had thrown everything he
had into the fight, but it wasn't enough.

He landed on the edge of a crater, quickly changing back into male form. He
had changed out of habit, barely noticing his actions as he sat there
stunned. He had won the fight, saved the valley, but found he had lost
something much more important to him.

He knew he was speaking but couldn't comprehend what he was saying. Images
of the girl in his arms flashed through his head. He had put his life on
the line many times for this girl, and in the end she had given her life for
him.

A deep sadness bubbled up inside him. This couldn't be happening, this
couldn't have happened. The sadness changed to anger, anger at Akane for
butting in where she wasn't supposed too, anger at himself for not saving
her this time.

He realized the futility of his emotions and hit himself for being a jerk.
He knew that she would never be able to again. What he wouldn't give for
her to be able to hit him again. He wished he had more time, wished he
could go back and say all the things he had left unsaid. Wished he could go
back and change just the last few minutes of the fight.

"You can," the voice came from inside his head. It startled him, it was
his own voice but not. It sounded like him, it was the same voice which he
spoke to himself with, but they weren't his words. "You have the power,
you've only forgotten how to use it."

"What power, what are you talking about?" he answered the voice silently.
The conversation was freaking him out.

It wasn't like practicing a conversation he had planned to have with someone
else, or thinking about a problem, or reflecting on life. His was involved
in a conversation with himself, but not.

"Feel the flow of time around you." He sat stunned, he felt he should
listen to voice, but that was crazy. "You know the way." He instinctively
listened, relaxing himself and opening senses he hadn't realized existed
before. He felt something flowing around him, like a gentle wind brushing
across his body.

"Good, now call forth your birthright." Again the voice instructed him and
he complied with little conscious thought. He reached forth his hand and
concentrated. He closed his eyes to remove his visual distractions and
called for it. He didn't know what it was only that it was his. He felt a
tingling in his hand, grasping the solid object he felt there.
He opened his eyes and stared at the long staff in his grasp. He had never
seen it before, but knew it was his.

It was six feet long and thick enough to comfortably grasp in one hand. He
hefted it up and swung it gently through the air, marveling at how light it
felt. It was made of a black wood, intricately carvings covered it. The
bottom was pointed and and the staff gradually thickened towards the head.
The headpiece was eight pieces of wood, each curved to form a protective
dome around a large translucent black jewel.

"Let yourself go, let the flow carry you away," The voice startled him as
he was transfixed on the jewel atop the staff.

He felt the world around him fade away. There was a moment of panic that he
quickly fought down. He was in a empty void for a moment before the world
re-formed around him.

He found himself standing in front of a large mirror. "What the.." he
spoke out-loud as he noticed the mirror was foggy, offering no reflection.
He reached out to touch the glass when the voice spoke to him again.

"Picture Jusendo in your mind." He jerked his hand back and complied with
the voice in his head. The mirror shimmered, as a picture appeared.
Looking into the mirror was like looking into the clearest television he
ever saw. He peered into it and saw his friends standing around the prone
body of Akane.

"Think of ten minutes ago." He wanted to shout out that he didn't
understand. His actions where impossible but he couldn't deny his own
voice.

He watched in fascination as the world moved in reverse. The others moved
away from Akane, he saw himself appear. He watched himself rise from the
ground and enter the waters from the Dragon Tap. He watched as Saffron was
torn to pieces.

"Now." He knew he was crazy when he no longer questioned the voice in his
mind. He adjusted the view back towards the Dragon Tap and stepped back
into the world.

He appeared directly under the Dragon Tap, right where the view had been.
He felt the heat from his battle with Saffron permeating the area. He knew
he would have to time this well. He watched as his past self prepared a
spiral in the air. He mimicked the movements on the ground underneath the
tap.

A few moments more and he would be ready. He watched the tornado form above
him and struck. The tornado he formed twisted the Dragon Tap upwards before
ripping it's head off.

He watched in fascination as the spiral extended to engulf his past-self in
it and carry the life bringing water up towards the heavens.

His other self landed not far away and he watched as Akane was placed on her
feet. She lived. That was the only thought that went through his mind as
he watched himself hug her, covering her up in his shirt. The others moved
around the two. He wanted to run over and share in the euphoria but his
body wouldn't respond.

****************

The Jusenkyo guide watched the battle in awe. The prince of Phoenix
mountain was throwing around fireballs that had torn the mountains apart,
but young Mr. Customer was still fighting. He avoided the blows he could
avoid and miraculously survived the ones he couldn't avoid. He watched as
he froze himself in order to survive the latest one.

After a few more minutes of the fight, young Mr. Customer created a tornado
in the air that destroyed the young prince. Another tornado formed
instantly after the first, destroying the Dragon tap while sucking the water
that rushed forth up into the air.

"How did that happen?" He spoke quietly. Only his daughter heard him as
the others were transfixed on the descending couple. He looked to the base
of the second twister and watched as the winds dispersed.

Standing at the center was young Mr. Customer. "HUH?!" He turned to where
the young man had landed on the ground and then back to the twin holding
that long staff.

He stood speechless looking from one copy to the other. He noticed that the
second young Mr. Customer was wearing a uniform all in black with white trim
while standing completely still.

He looked back to the first and when he returned to look back, the second
was gone.

******************

Setsuna Meiou was enjoying a quite dinner with her house-mates when she felt
it. A rip in the time flows and a presence she hadn't felt since the Silver
Millennium.

"Damn." The word was barely audible but it caught the attention of the
other diners.
Setsuna hastily stood up and transformed.

"What's the matter?" Michiru and Haruka asked in unison.

While little Hotaru added her own, "What's wrong Setsuna-mama!" to the mix.

Setsuna, ignoring the inquiries of the others, slipped into the time-stream
and headed towards the Gate.

She looked around frowning. There was no trace of the perpetrator. She
started gazing through the flows of time trying to pinpoint the source. She
knew it was him, she just knew it.

Her queen had sent everyone on the moon forward. She didn't know where he
was when the Moon Kingdom fell, she could never find him in the time stream
back them, she didn't imagine that had changed.

As was her habit she focused the time stream on the Crystal Tokyo. The
image didn't appear as she had expected. It took a few moments for the
image to materialize and when it did it was insubstantial.

"No." the words were a whisper.

"Brother, what have you done?"

Author's notes:

I hope you like. This wasn't the Idea I though I'd write up next but the
opening just came to me, so here it is. I have never seen Pluto use the
time stream so the workings of it that I wrote are just from various
fanfics. If I got anything wrong please tell me so I can fix it. I know
it's short, but the other three chapters arent't.

You can find my other stories at the following places.

http://home.att.net/~kpjam/index.html
http://www.fanfiction.net/

E-mail me at "mailto:kp...@worldnet.att.net"