[Ranma/AMG][FanFic] A New Life 1-2

Luke Thrythlind Green

May 31, 2002, 11:11:36 AM5/31/02
Nabiki didn't know for certain what had brought her into the dank
looking shop. This sort of place was usually the meat and drink of
Gosunkugi or the Kunos. It was a bleak looking, shadowed, dirty little
antique store. She crinkled her nose in distaste and turned to leave.
She allotted herself only a small allowance of what she made, and that
went to her mangas.
She would have continued walking if she hadn't recognized the word
Jusenkyo on one display. Nabiki paused and continued the wedding she
had just recently helped to trash.
Certain sisters and might-as-well-be-brothers-marriage-or-not had been
more than a little upset at that. It wasn't like she had intended for
the last barrel of Jusenkyo water on the planet to be drunk by a
passing old pervert. She just hadn't wanted to see them pushed to
early into a marriage that would have been doomed to fail.
She glanced over the items to see if there was anything that could
possible be used to make up for that last, inexcusable, lapse of
planning on her part. She might find Ranma's girl form to be
entertaining and profitable, but she had never intended to destroy his
hopes for a cure. In reality, she hadn't, but she couldn't seem to
shake the image that she had called everybody to the wedding.
"Waterproof soap," she said under her breath. "Nope, Instant
Nannichuan, nada, Map to the Japanese Nannichuan, nix, map to the
Kaisufuu, nil, map to the Chuisiton, bad idea...."
"Perhaps the lady is seeking a cure for a Jusenkyo curse?" an skinny
old man near to her said. She blinked and glanced toward the man,
wondering when he had gotten there.
"Perhaps," Nabiki said. "What do you have to offer besides the normal
bilk stuff?"
"Well," he said. "I see you have some experience with Jusenkyo brand
products."
"Some," she said.
"I think I might have something that would interest you," he said,
gesturing for her to follow him.
Nabiki frowned and kept the door in sight as she followed the old man
back to the counter and he pulled out a dusty box. Opening this box
revealed a crystal vial full of a bright liquid that seemed to shift
colors.
"This won't take care of all the problem," the man said. "But the
books say it will stop the changes of a woman. You'd still attract
water, however."
"It'll only work on a woman?" Nabiki said.
"This isn't your normal form?" he asked, looking up and down her body
and taking in the very feminine clothes.
"I'm talking about my sister's fiancee," she said. "He turns into a
rather cute red-headed girl."
"Ahh," he said. "Well, the book isn't clear exactly on how this works.
It mentions about one, maybe two days of pain after which the foreign
life-force is gone from the body."
"And if a man were to take this draft?" Nabiki asked, she frowned at
the mention of pain.
"The book either does not say," the man said. "Or else that
information was destroyed. This elixir was not originally meant to
cure Jusenkyo, that was found on accident."
"What is it meant to do?" Nabiki asked. The old man shrugged.
"If the book ever said, the words were destroyed," the man said.
"Can I see this book?" Nabiki asked. The man presented a very old
piece of parchment between to flat pieces of wood.
"Here it is," he said. Nabiki's eye twitched.
"That is a sheet of paper," she said. "Not a book."
"It is all that remains of the lore to go with this elixir," he said.
"And how much is this going to cost me?" she asked. She winced as the
man named his price, but produced the money anyway, sighing at the
last chance for those manga coming out this weekend.
Neither she, nor the old man recognized the "decorative" marks on the
old box as a written language. Even if they could, they would never
have been able to read the words "elixir of life."

*****

"Well," Nabiki said. "Let's see what this does." She sighed nervously
as she looked into the vial.
The man had said their were two doses in it. She'd rather not test
this on herself, but there was no way she'd let Shampoo hear about it.
In less than no time the Amazon would have taken it and used it
herself.
She took a small gulp and waited for several minutes for something to
happen. Nothing, that she could see did. She had no way of knowing
that the potion had proceeded to its secondary task having lacked the
tools necessary to accomplish its primary task.

*****

"What's this?" Ranma asked, staring at the crystal vial Nabiki had
handed him. He didn't notice the little blue marks under her eyes and
on her forehead, just barely becoming visible.
"This is my apology for the nannichuan," Nabiki said. Ranma's eyebrows
crinkled in confusion before he realized what she was hinting at.
Nabiki's hand over the bottle stopped him from drinking it
immediately. "Before you do anything, listen to everything I say."
"Okay," Ranma said carefully.
"First," Nabiki said. "I don't know that this will work. The guy I
bought from says it only works with women, so for all I know it could
lock in girl form. Second, the cure apparently comes after a couple of
days of pain, I don't know how bad. And finally, you'll still attract
water. Understand the choice now?"
Ranma glanced at the bottle cautiously, taking into account all that
Nabiki had said. He looked up, a determined look on his face.
"Think about it carefully, Saotome," Nabiki said. "If you have any
doubts we can always just give the thing to Shampoo."
"It's worth a risk," Ranma said seriously.
"Is it?" Nabiki asked. "I know you don't really mind your girl side
anymore."
"Yeah," Ranma said. "But I think Akane does." He unstoppered the vial
and looked at it cautiously.
"You should probably talk to her about this first," Nabiki suggested.
At this moment Ranma's head got shoved forward by a newcomer.
"RANMA!!!" Mousse shouted. "How dare you insult my darling Shampoo
with this 'bill for damages!' DIE!!!"
Nabiki normally would have said "That was my letter actually," but at
the moment she was staring at Ranma pulling up his head and swallowing
nervously, after reflexively uppercutting Mousse through the roof.
"So much for choices," Ranma said nervously. "Anything happening?"
"Not yet," Nabiki said, watching Ranma nervously. For once her face
clearly displayed shock.
"What is all that noise in hear!?" Akane demanded, coming into the
room to find Nabiki and Ranma looking somewhat shell-shocked. "What's
Nabiki doing in your room Ranma?!!"
The elixir meanwhile had set into motion all the changes to accomplish
it's secondary task and had been on the verge of extinguishing when it
encountered a way to accomplish it's primary task in the form of a
bulge of chi that represented a life force imprint that did not belong
to the drinker.
The magical liquid had no real intelligence, it was more or less a
computer it did what it was programmed to do. It still couldn't
accomplish it's task at the moment, but there was a twist in the
drinker's ki that allowed it to proceed with its task, samples of two
life forces and the appropriate tools. All it had to do was change the
spell already there.
Ranma felt the change pass over him, starting, paradoxically, from
inside for once. Akane's anger vanished in the face of Ranma
spontaneously becoming a girl.
"AHHHHH!!!" Ranma gasped. "It...it...it changed me!!"
"What Ranma, what happened to you?" Akane asked, worried now.
"At least you're not feeling any pain," Nabiki said apologetically.
Akane shot her guilty looking sister a questioning look. Ranma stood
up looking down at herself as if it was the first time she had seen
her female body. Though, perhaps, it was rather that she was thinking
that she'd never see her male body again.
"Akane, Nabiki," Ranma said nervously, hands moving to her stomach.
"I'm feeling funny."
As Ranma's stomach started to visibly grow, Nabiki's rather surprised
mind suddenly worked out whatexactly those couple of days of pain
were. Akane and Ranma's eyes merely goggled in shock.
"Akane!" Nabiki gasped. She stood up and walked to the redhead "Get
Kasumi!!" Akane nodded fervantly and rushed for the phone. "Ranma come
on, before it starts let's get downstairs."
"What's happening, Nabiki," Ranma practically growled. "And I don't
need help walking!" Nabiki nodded silently as she continued to walk
along with the red-head.
"Nabiki, what is, oh my," Kasumi gasped as she saw Nabiki coming down
the stairs with Ranma. "What happened?"
"A mistake with a potion," Nabiki said. "Kasumi, call the hospital
because these are going to be the quickest three trimesters ever
recorded."
"Right, of course," Kasumi said.
"Tri-mesters?!!" Akane roared from where she was coming up behind
Kasumi. "What the hell did you do Ranma?!"
"It's not my fault!" Ranma protested.
"How can it not be your fault that you're pregnant!" Akane demanded,
hefting her mallet. Nabiki quickly moved between Ranma and Akane.
"This isn't the time for that Akane!" Nabiki snapped.
"Pr..." the shock distracted Ranma from his stomach, which had stopped
expanding now. "NABI...oww!"

*****

Across town in an old temple three other sisters felt...something. And
then the sensation passed and they brushed it aside after a moment.

*****

"Where do you think you're going!?" Ranma snapped angrilly as Nabiki
attempted to leave the operating room.
"Gah!" Nabiki gasped in surprise. "It isn't like you need me here!"
"It was your frigging potion that got me in this mess!!" Ranma
growled, refusing to let go of Nabiki's arm.
"This is the father's job!" Nabiki said, nervous about what would
happen to her arm if she stayed through the labor.
"Yeah," Ranma growled wearily. "But I'll settle for you."
"This job gets weirder every day," one of the staff said.
"What's with the little blue smudges on their faces?" another asked.

*****

"It isn't fair," Akane said. "I'm the one that should be in their with
him, not her."
"Yes, Akane," Kasumi said. "But perhaps you should have thought about
that before accusing him of sleeping with Ryouga."
"It was a panic-reaction!" Akane protested. "I know there's something
weird about this...he wasn't pregnant this morning."
"Oh the tragedy!" Genma wailed. "My son giving birth!"
"Oh," Nodoka sighed. "My son is so manly that he has even impregnated
himself."
Soun was merely wailing incoherently.
They all ignored the people staring at them (mostly Nodoka) strangely.

*****

Ranma lay back in bed exhausted and depressed. For the moment she was
alone, the doctors deciding that she needed her rest. Nabiki was
receiving treatment of her own. Apparently she had crushed Nabiki's
arm.
Ranma grimaced at that thought, she hadn't wanted to really hurt
Nabiki. After all, she had been planning on drinking it after all. She
had just planned to let loose a little of the pain on the other girl.
Ranma was tired enough that she didn't even argue with the nurses that
insisted on calling her a girl. They had her hooked up to an IV,
apparently she was severelly depleted of both water and nutrients. She
had been lectured about keeping up a good diet while pregnant. If they
knew the pregnancy had lasted about three minutes before labor
started, Ranma didn't want to know what they'd do.
She glanced down at her hands and tried to imagine what they used to
look like. To her surprise, her hands grew and shifted along with the
rest of her body to become HIS body.
Ranma blinked and recalled his female form. His body shifted back to
it.
"What the hell?" she asked quietly.
She shifted back to male form again. She felt, if it was possible,
more tired than she already had and only barely heard someone coming
into her room. The nurse only saw the very tired teenager finally
dropping off to sleep.

*****

"She's so cute," Akane said peering into the baby's face as they sat
in the taxi the hospitals had insisted they call for them, the rest of
the family was in another car. Then she frowned. "She's Chinese."
Akane looked up and frowned at Ranma suspiciously. Ranma sighed at the
familiar look. It seemed at times like Akane would never trust her.
"I'm not locked," Ranma said to distract her before sshe could start
an argument. Akane looked at her in surprise.
"What?" Akane asked.
"I'm not locked," Ranma repeated. "I can just sort of will it now."
"Then why are you still..."
"Akane," Nabiki said, recovering her own voice. She spoke low so the
cab driver would not hear her. "Look at how many questions we had to
answer about this situation as it is. If Ranma suddenly popped up as a
guy..."
"Yeah, yeah," Akane said. "So why is your daughter half-Chinese?"
"Akane," Ranma sighed wearily.
"Give the inquisition a rest," Nabiki said. "Hear, Ranma, I'll hold
Midori while you get some more sleep okay?"
"You're arm's broken," Ranma said. "Sides...I'm not that tired," Ranma
then fell asleep still cradling the child carefully.
"So where was Shampoo during this?" Akane asked. Nabiki shrugged.
"I told you Akane," Nabiki said. "This has nothing to do with Shampoo.
But I'll wager a bet that that girl is half-Chinese because whoever
drowned in the pool is half-Chinese."
"What are you doing covering for him?" Akane asked. "And what are
these marks on your faces for?"
"You just don't trust anybody, do you?" Nabiki asked.

((OOC: Note, I'm putting out a lot of stuff for which there is no
foreseeable end of late...sorry...))

"Do you want anything Ranma?" Kasumi asked as they walked into the
house. Ranma muttered under her breath for a moment, she was still
very tired.
"I'm kinda thirsty," she said finally. "Can you grab me a soda or
something?" She sat down holding Midori carefully.
"I'll be right back," Kasumi said simply nodding.
"So why did you name her Midori?" Akane asked.
"Uhhh, I asked Nabiki," Ranma said pointing to the other girl who was
sitting down in her normal spot at the table.
"Dollars, green, Midori," Nabiki said shrugging. "Not to mention
emeralds. The shipcheon won bill, etc..." Akane glanced at her
questioningly. "I wasn't exactly thinking straight when he asked for
an idea. They had me on some sort of pain killer..."
"I think it's a wonderful name," Nodoka said sighing as she looked
into her grandchild's sleeping face.
"I named my kid after money," Ranma muttered, rolling her eyes. Kasumi
came back in with an opened can of one of soda. "Oh thanks, Kasumi."
"Hey that's mine," Nabiki protested as Ranma gulped it down.
"Wow," Ranma said brightly. "I feel a lot better, can I have another
one of those?"
"Sure," Kasumi said, "Let me just bring you a few."
"I save those for waking up in the morning you know," Nabiki said.
"Huh?" Ranma asked.
"There's enough caffeine in that stuff to jump start a semi," Nabiki
explained.
"Now, somebody explain to us just how this happened," Genma demanded.
"And why are you still a girl, boy?"
"All right, all right," Ranma said.
She willed the change and was suddenly a guy again. His parents and
Soun stared in shock, Kasumi walked in at this point and merely
wondered how Ranma had gotten some hot water.
"How did you do that boy?" Genma demanded desparately.
"I think it's parta what that cure of Nabiki's did," Ranma said
grimmly. Midori yawned in his arms and shifted.
"What," Genma turned to Nabiki. "Where did you get this cure?!"
"Do you really think it would work on you?" Nabiki asked, indicating
Ranma. "Really, it wasn't meant to have anything to do with Jusenkyo.
>From what I can tell it was probably meant as some sort of super
fertility drug. Except..."
"Except what?" Akane asked.
Kasumi noticed the blue triangles that now adorned Nabiki's and
Ranma's faces under their eyes and were mirrored in Midori's face. All
three had a third mark in their forehead, but this was unique to each
of them.
In Ranma's and Nabiki's case the symbols seemed to be mirrored
versions of the yin-yang, in varying shades of blue. In Midori's case
it was a stretched diamond shape like an arrowhead pointing up from
her nose.
"You drank it as well," Kasumi reasoned. Nabiki nodded.
"But it didn't really do anything to me," she said. "Except for these
things on my face. I think the Jusenkyo curse might be part of why it
worked differently on Ranma." She frowned. "Then again, I might find
myself in a similar situation the first time I do anything in the sack
as it were..."
Akane leveled a glare at Ranma as her sister talked about the
possibilities.
~What did I do?~ Ranma wondered bitterly.
"And what do you plan to do about this when all these other girl's
learn?" Akane asked.
"I've got that worked out," Nabiki said. "Midori is Ranma's child by
someone he met in China before coming to the Tendo dojo, she died and
so now the child is Ranma's responsibility."
It wasn't even a lie as far as Nabiki was concerned. No need to
mention that the child's mother was about one thousand, five hundred
years did. The little girl with the shock of dark violet, sort of a
mix of Ranma's female hair color and a number of black and other
colored hairs spaced so that the illusion of violet hair was produced.
This child was partially her responsibility, and she would provide for
her as well as she could. She sighed, that would mean cutting back her
mangas quite a bit. Time to go back to reading fanfic, thank god for
free entertainment.
Her gaze turned to Ranma and Akane and frowned.
"You bet it's Ranma's responsibility," Akane said.
~Oh great,~ Nabiki sighed. ~Now she's going to be jealous that Ranma's
a mother first too.~
She loved her sister, and once she grew up a little Akane would be
wonderful person. Still, Akane did sometimes worry Nabiki. She kept
going for easy routes of strength for one thing, she wanted to be as
good as Ranma without working for it simple for the purposes of sheer
pride and envy. As long as she and Ranma kept their prides, they
weren't going anywhere.
"Akane," Nodoka lectured. "You should be willing to help my son in
this time."
"Among other things," Nabiki said. "We might need to make sure Midori
isn't hurt when this news gets out, if it isn't already." Ranma
snapped his head up.
"Oh shit," he said. "I should go work out a little to see if I can get
the kinks outta my system for that, uh Ak..." He stopped when as Akane
turned her head away and put her nose in the air. He glanced to
Nabiki, who was willing, but still had a broken arm and thus, to
Ranma's mind, out.
"I'll watch her for you Ranma," Kasumi said.
"Thanks, Kasumi," Ranma said, handing the sleeping baby over. "I'll be
in earshot..." He stood up shakily and downed another soda, Nabiki
counted five cans now. Then he walked out toward the dojo.
"I should go do some financial planning," Nabiki said, standing up and
heading for her room. "And tomorrow we need to go shopping for
necessities. Oh and tell me when Ranma crashes from that caffeine."

*****

Ranma frowned as he practiced his kata, his ki wasn't there. Now that
he was somewhat less distracted, he was beginning to notice all sorts
of differences.
His senses were sharper for one thing. The sun was setting, and
twilight was draping over the land, but he could see as easily as if
it were midday still. He could hear Akane complaining about him in her
room upstairs, as if it was his choice to do women things first too.
He could smell the wood and sweat in the dojo, faded and almost gone
under a barrage of Kasumi's cleaning methods. Methods which did not
use, as Ranma was surprised to learn, any sort of smelly substance
that did more to hide a mess than get rid of it.
That wasn't the scary thing though. The scary thing was that his ki
was...non-existant. This was an impossibility. No mortal could live
without ki. There was Saffron, of course, but he wasn't mortal. The
question of how he was alive without his ki did not worry him over
much just yet. What did was that he couldn't access his enhanced
physical abilities or attacks without ki. He was exceptionally
vulnerable.
Ranma slipped into a chi mending kata and searched inward looking for
that spark of life force that he always been able to find easily
before. He virtually stumbled on it. A life force, one not of chi, but
of something else.
~Let's see if I can use this stuff,~ Ranma muttered.
What followed was a long stretch of time of trying to channel his new
life forces to achieve the feats he was familiar with.
He stayed with basic stuff, leaps, acrobatics, speed, strength and
stuff. He realized, eventually, that on a basic level it was merely a
question of finding new pathways for the energy to travel. He'd have
to find ways to reinvent his high level techniques, or make new ones.
On the plus side, certain techniques would no longer work on him. Like
the Hiryu Shoten Ha, Strength-Sapping Moxibustion, Happo-Go-En-Satsu,
most pressure points, and everything else that depended on a human ki.
At all times he kept an ear out for any sign of trouble from Midori,
but Kasumi apparently had everything well in hand.

*****

Nabiki frowned as she continued to work, something was off, and she
couldn't put her finger on it. Still she continued to go on planning,
enjoying the charge she got from handling money. For some reason it
seemed to be more pronounced than usual.
Nabiki was distracted from her work when she heard a baby crying. The
sound of Kasumi taking care of the situation came then, and she
relaxed. Until Midori started crying about ten minutes later. She
stood up and stretched before hurrying out of her room to find Kasumi
trying to feed Midori.
"Oh, Nabiki," Kasumi said relieved. "I can't figure out what's wrong,
I fed her the formula, but she still seems to be hungry."
Nabiki frowned but thought she could guess what the problem was. She
would have been curious about just how she so easily figured it out,
but at the moment there were other things to consider.
"I think I know what she needs," Nabiki said. "Just let me get Ranma."
Kasumi nodded.
Nabiki headed for the dojo, knowing somehow that only Genma was in the
room she had passed on the way downstairs. Neither she nor Kasumi had
yet noticed that her arm was no longer broken.
"Ranma," Nabiki called out as she entered the dojo.
She frowned and shook her head as she found Ranma flat on his face,
unconscious. She moved forward and kneeled next to him to check for a
pulse. She was relieved to find one.
"He must have exhausted himself practicing," Nabiki muttered. She
considered the situation for a moment and then quickly returned to the
living room where Kasumi and a crying Midori was.
"It's four o'clock in the morning," Akane's voice called out wearily.
"Can't you get her quiet?"
"This isn't time for that," Nabiki snapped. Akane grumbled and her
door closed upstairs. "Kasumi, do I have any more sodas left? Or
anything with caffeine in it?"
"No I'm afraid Ranma already drank it all," Kasumi said. Nabiki
grumbled. "Why?"
"Ranma's out like a light," Nabiki said. "And I kinda got this feeling
maybe some caffeine would wake him up."
Nabiki frowned, now it would take a trip for the store, and she didn't
want to make Midori wait that long. That same instinct that had been
giving her answers all night gave her another one that didn't seem
quite possible to her logical mind.
"Damn," Nabiki said finally. "I'll have to do it."
"Do what?" Kasumi asked. "Nabiki, when did you take your arm out of
the sling?"
"Huh..." Nabiki looked at her arm in curiousity. "That is weird...but
later...okay. Here, I'll take Midori for now and can you go to that
convienence store downt the street and get all the caffeinated stuff
you can, okay?"
"What will you do?" Kasumi asked again as she handed Midori to Nabiki.
"Doesn't matter," Nabiki said, fighting down a blush. "I got this
handled." Kasumi nodded and headed out into the night for the
requested beverages.
As Kasumi headed into night, Nabiki looked around nervously to see if
there was anybody to watch her.

*****

Ranma woke up to the sensation of something slamming down his throat.
He sputtered into awareness and blinked around finally catching sight
of Nabiki holding a can of soda.
"Okay, Saotome," Nabiki said. "We've got to set some sort of system
here."
"Huh, what?" Ranma blinked, he noted Nabiki's arm, especially since
she was toying with a coin in that hand. "How long have I been out?"
"About three hours I think," Nabiki said. "I didn't look at the clock
when I stopped hearing you down here. Anyway, Ranma, there's a problem
about Midori."
"What?" Ranma gasped, standing up. The girl was HIS daughter even if
her arrival had been unexpected, and unasked for.
"Nothing to worry about right now," Nabiki said. She handed him
another soda, he downed it. "I took care of it, and she's fast asleep,
okay?" Ranma relaxed and nodded.
"So what was the problem," Ranma asked insistantly.
"The problem is, I don't think formula is going to feed your little
girl," Nabiki said. "She needs breast milk. And what's more, I think
it has to come from one of us." She pointed to the marks on her head.
"Oh just great," Ranma said, he sat down and sighed. "Well, I'd better
just get...wait a minute, how did you know that you could..."
"I said I took care of it," Nabiki said, blushing.
"Oh my..."
"Don't even think about telling anybody about that," Nabiki said. "I
barely got my shirt back on when Kasumi got back from the store!"
"Right, right," Ranma said. "I won't let that happen again, sorry
Nabs."
"Don't make promises you can't keep Ranma," Nabiki said. "You might be
unconscious again or gone somewhere it would be a bad place to take a
little baby, and I'd have to fill again. What's more, she might get
hungry when we're BOTH out of action and then what?"
Ranma looked frightened at that thought. Nabiki hadn't bothered to
mention that biologically she shouldn't have been able to produce milk
so easily, having not had the baby herself. It SHOULD have taken a lot
to get her body to react that way. However, she found herself quite
easily providing what was needed.
"So, when we go shopping today," Nabiki said. "You and I have to make
sure to get a breast pump, okay?"
"A what?" Ranma asked. Nabiki frowned.
"It's a little machine that you put here," she cupped her breast. "And
pumps out milk for use later. And what we do with that is save it for
those aforementioned emergencies when neither of us is capable."
"Oh," Ranma said, looking a little queasy. "I see."
"By the way," Nabiki said. "I'm not sure why, but I think you should
keep some of these around, too." She held up a can of soda, Ranma took
it and drank it, almost reflexively. She continued dryly. "Or anything
else with caffeine."
"Oh, sorry," Ranma said, embarrassed.
"No problem," Nabiki said smirking. "They seem to do a better job of
waking you up than they do me."
On the other hand, she had been up non-stop this entire time without
really feeling tired, it was beginning to make her curious.
"I don't really wanna get dependent on caffeine," Ranma said. Nabiki
shrugged.
"And Ranma," Nabiki said, glancing over her shoulder. "I have no
problem with feeding your daughter again."
"You sure?" Ranma asked, hesitantly.
"It just felt...right," Nabiki said softly, shrugging. Her hard face
came back. "Don't ever tell anybody what I'm doing though, got it?"
"Got it, got it!" Ranma said.
Ranma, still somewhat tired, failed to notice the sound of somebody
slipping away from the dojo in the night.

*****

A picture of Nabiki Tendo appeared in mid air, a slim holograph by all
appearances. Next to it was a picture of Ranma Saotome, in both forms,
and beside that was a violet haired teen that appeared to be
half-chinese and half-japanese.

A readout sat next to each picture.

Name: Nabiki
Class: Class 3, Category 1, probationary license
Domain: Provision/Providing
Secondary Domain: Mischief
Energy Source: Handling Money
Transportation: Telephones

Name: Ranma
Class: Class 3, Category 1, probationary license
Domain: Change
Secondary Domain: Motion and Energy
Energy Source: Caffeine
Transportation: Water

Name: Midori
Class: Class 3, Category 1, probationary license
Domain: Rebirth
Secondary Domain: Health
Energy Source: Singing
Transportation: Music

"Shouldn't we tell tell them, milord?" a tall man asked. "They'll be
going through some hard times on their own."
"If there are any major problems then we can inform the Norns," a
voice said.
It wasn't particularly certain what the nature of the voice was, male
or female, human or otherwise, though mostly it seemed to share the
traits of the man's voice to whom it was speaking at the moment.
"They will need time to get accustomed to this," the voice said. "And
I will give them that time."
"The young god's mortal rivals are already learning of the new
situation," the tall man said. "By tomorrow it the situation may be
too heated for the safety of the child. New blood will not revitalize
heaven if it is spilled across midgard."
"And they will handle it," the voice said. "Really, Lycanus, you'd
think you'd be more proud that this little gambit of yours has born
fruit."
"To tell the truth," he said, not even surprised to know that his part
in these events was known. "I was thinking that the people who
eventually discovered and used that elixir would know more or less
what was happening."
The Gabriel, the archangel of death, frowned and considered his
behavior. He was acting like most people did when he showed up,
impatient, unreasonable. He supposed that was just the way one acted
when faced with something that knew so much more than oneself.
"All will be well," the voice said. It seemed to be smiling fondly, if
a voice could smile, as a parent to a child.

Note: I'd like to name Brian Drozd's "Deification"
and Tarqhan's "A Divine Daughter" as inspirations for
this fic...