[Ranma][Fanfic] The Bet - Too Much (Blue Side, Track 2)

MetroAnime

Oct 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/10/98

Betfic- A Bet Too Much
Track 2, Blue Side
char tm various other people.
thanks to Jared for the clarification of
which wish to use. All of the above is SUCH
a nice way to go.
gregg sharp, Metro...@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/greggsharp/index.html
"That's both my name and my job
description," a voice came out of midair. "Yo,
Ranma, I thought you and the rest would be off
for the whole day." Sparkling lights began to
solidify into the blonde woman they'd seen in
the pictures.

Ranma merely raised an eyebrow,
the reactions of the others was a little more...
unrestrained.

Nabiki jumped back, slammed her
head against the wall, and abruptly took a nap.

Kasumi realized that she had jumped
up into Ranma's arms and now looked acutely
embarrassed.

Shampoo had stepped back, falling
instinctively into a defensive stance.

Ukyou held her big spatula in a
blocking position.

Astrild looked over the group and
her eyes widened. "None of you remember me?
Shampoo, have you been playing with the
shampoos again?"

Shampoo shook her head rapidly.

"Ranma, when did you learn magic?"
Astrild looked puzzled. "This doesn't make any
sense. Hang on, I need to make a phone call."

"Who you gonna call?" Ukyou
couldn't resist.

"Heaven. I've got Heimdall's pager
number, he ought to be able to fill me in on
the details, just hang tight." The blonde goddess
quickly disappeared, not bothering to use the
stairways as she just phased through the floor.
-------------------------------------
Akane punched Happosai, kicked him,
and threw him outside. By the time she'd turned
around to the burning ramen, he was back and
fondling her again.

Genma and Soun sat dejectedly in
their chairs, smelling smoke and getting out yet
two more containers of Cupstar ramen.

Punting Happosai again, Akane
watched the ramen smouldering in the skillet
and felt tears coming to her eyes. "Ranma..."

Her resolve hardened. She still had
his spellbook. There had to be a way to fix it
so they were together again. Fending off
Happosai yet again, Akane thought of her
upcoming marriage to Kuno.

Desperate times, Akane told herself,
called for desperate measures.
----------------------------------
Ahem. Where is this going?
Ranma the Archmage trying to
conceal his mastery of the mystic arts, while
putting demon wards up to keep Happosai at
bay and away from the restaurant.

Ranma is married. Apparently
all and sundry were happy with the relationship
if the records can be trusted. Ranma is married
to Kasumi, Ukyou, Shampoo, Kaori, Astrild, and
Nabiki. Kaori doesn't know why everyone is
acting so different. Astrild knows but doesn't
accept that her past is false.

The Restaurant. Ukyou, Kasumi,
Shampoo, Kaori. Three incredible cooks,
one a good cook. Nabiki's the business
manager. There's also the mastery off Martial
Arts Takeout Delivery. Astrild also uses the
place to do divinations and counseling the
lovelorn.

Take Urd's propensity for meddling
and potions, now figure she learned it from
someone. That's Astrild. Norse goddess of
love. Unfortunately, her magic rarely comes out
the way she wants it to. She IS good at divinations,
and at least fair as a counselor.

Magical experiments gone wrong,
not only from Akane trying to get Ranma back
and out of some of her current problems, but
from the three apprentices Ranma's picked up:
Shampoo, Nabiki, and Kasumi.

Due to an experimental potion that
Astrild developed, Cologne ends up as a 17
year old again, looking as she did in "Back To
The Happosai." No longer looking the part of
an Elder or Matriarch, Cologne joins as a cook,
mainly because this group shows every sign
of being...interesting.

Nobody is completely sure why,
but it's completely legal for Ranma to have more
than one wife. Kuno is in trouble with two fiancees,
but how can he say no to his "cute angel" or his
"fierce tigress" - he must have them both!

Ta da! This is the last entry in the Bet for me,
before the vote. As soon as this hits the FFML,
there'll be the Notes&Votes file. There are others
who are going to put out two Bet fics that I know
of.

Ja ne, minaasan,
gregg