[Ranma/Spawn][FanFic] Chapter Five: Violated

TydRipper

Apr 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/5/99
Chapter Five: Violated

Ranma seemed adamant about his decision. "But I don't want her
knowing unless its absolutely necessary."
"Well, Ryoga already knows, and you know how good he is at
keeping secrets."
"Hell yes, did Akane ever find out who he really was?"
"Yeah. Just before she got sick. She refused to see him for
weeks. Then after you died, she didn't care anymore. She just needed a
shoulder to lean on."
"So Ryoga showed up. How convienient."
Soun interupted. "It wasn't like that, son. Ryoga showed up
just after you, Mousse and Shampoo left. He originally wanted to
follow you, but the chances of him actually finding you were...
well... you know..."
"But still..."
"I know son", Soun walked over and put his hand up on Ranma's
shoulder. "But it wasn't like that at first either. After you died,
Ryoga blamed himself, but Akane didn't want him to leave. She needed a
friend to lean on, and Ryoga was the only one left. Shampoo had gone
back to her village, and Ukyo had been missing for several months. In
fact, if it weren't for him, Akane would probably still be in the same
condition."
"DAMNIT!", Ranma shoved his fist into the table. "Its not
fair. I'm not supposed to be here, I'm not supposed to be alive. If
Malebolgia thinks I'm going to serve him, he's got another thing
coming!"
Mousse placed his hand on Ranma's free shoulder. "You can
count on my help in whatever you need."
Soun nodded. "Yes. Anything."
Kinami smiled. "Hey, don't forget me!"
Nabiki looked up from her account book and mumbled an
agreement.
Ranma was about to say something, when the door suddenly swung
open. It caught everyone off-guard, especially when they saw who was
at the door.

Akane stared open-mouthed and wide-eyed. She had expected her
sister and Kinami to be there, but she also noticed her father, a man
in a very strange costume. And someone she hadn't seen in a very long
time. Someone she had thought was dead. She saw Mousse.
"M.. Mousse?", her mind reeled. Mousse was somewhat
distracted, and looking at the man in the center. The man in the red
costume. Billions of possibilities ran through her head. Mousse was
alive. He was alive, but scarred. If he was alive, could that mean
Ranma was alive? If they were alive, could that mean Shampoo had lied?
That the last five years of pain were for nothing? That she had made a
mistake by marrying Ryoga?
"Uhh... Hi.. uhh.. Akane.. Long time no see..", Mousse
greeted.
"Yes, dear.. uhh. Mousse here just showed up. We were going to
call you, but we were too busy.. uhh.. going over old times."
"Mousse...", Akane began, "How..?"
"Uhhh... Its hard to explain, Akane. I just.. uhh... well, I
managed to survive."
"Ranma..?"
The man sitting in the center of the room shook his head. Soon
after, everyone else either followed, or verbally answered her
question. Even Kinami.
"I'm sorry Akane, he died.", Mousse informed her.
Akane looked towards the ground. She felt old feelings
beginning to swell up. Her tear ducts had started to produce the salty
liquid. But she snapped up. *No sense in crying over something you
realized a long time ago*, she told herself.
"Mousse, its good to see you again.", she said, then tried her
best to keep a straight face. "Has anyone seen Ryoga?"
Everyone snapped up for a moment, and then all started to
shake their heads. Even the man in the costume. She finally decided to
ask what her mind had been asking for the best few moments since she
walked into the restaurant.
"Do I know you?"
The man immiediately shook his head. But the look in the two
slits in his cowl told her otherwise. She decided it best not to push
the matter. Her suspicions arose for a moment, but a look at her
father pushed them back down. Her father wouldn't lie to her, never
has, and most probably never will.
"Is pig-boy lost again?", Nabiki asked.
"Yes, he was doing so well too... Oh well, at least he's
getting better though."
"He left the dojo around 4:00 today. It's 7:30 now, could he
have gotten far?", Soun asked.
"I doubt it. He knows when he's lost, and he knows to stay put
if he's hopelessly lost. I'll just drive around some more, I might
check Kasumi's though."
"You might want to check out the livestock trucks.", Mousse
suggested.
"No, they know to avoid a little black piglet with a yellow
bandanna."
"He still wears that?"
"Yep. Even when he sleeps."
"Well, you'd better get out and find him.. We'll keep an eye
out for him though."
"Thanks Nabiki. I'll probably be back when I find him. I know
he'll be interested in talking to you again, Mousse."
"I'll probably be at the dojo."
"Okay, well... We'll catch up later, okay?"
"Sure."
"I'll introduce you to little Ranma then."
"Little Ranma?", Mousse asked. The man in the costume also
seemed to perk up for a moment.
"Yes, my son.", Akane smiled, "I'll explain later."
And with that, she left.
After the door had closed, and Soun walked over to lock it, in
efforts to avoid any more intrusions, Ranma began to speak.
"They named they're son... Ranma?"
Soun nodded. "Yes. It was Ryoga's idea. I guess he felt it
would honour you."
"Amazing.", Ranma shook his head.
"Well, _THAT_ was certainly unexpected, wasn't it?", Kinami
stated the obvious. "Oh yeah, can I ask a dumb question?"
"As if all your questions weren't dumb?", Nabiki quipped.
Kinami stuck her tongue out at Nabiki and then continued.
"Livestock trucks? Black pig?"
Ranma looked briefly at Kinami, then looked towards Nabiki.
"You never told her about Jusenkyo?"
"Not really. I mentioned _YOU_ were cursed, but I never really
brought up how you were cursed, or the fact that there were other
people cursed as well."
"Well, before today I don't think I would have believed you.
But this guy was shot right in front of me, and you guys are talking
about Chi-attacks like its yesterdays news."
"Ranma here.. Well.. Ranma, are you still cursed?", Nabiki
asked.
"No. I was in contact with cold water earlier, and nothing
happened."
"Okay, well Ranma here was on a training trip with his father
about seven years ago. He went to a place called Jusenkyo. He fell in
a spring, and was forever cursed to turn into a girl whenever splashed
with cold water."
Kinami looked at Nabiki, unconvinced.
"Its true, even Mousse has a curse.", Nabiki looked towards
Mousse, "You _DO_ still have the curse, right?"
Mousse nodded. "I do, but I'm not going to demonstrate. I
haven't been in cursed form in nearly four months, and I'm not about
to start now."
Kinami still looked skeptical. "I can accept the _IDEA_ of
curses, but this is ridiculus. I mean, seriously. Changing sexes just
by getting splashed with water? I mean, come on! What do you take me
for!"
"Actually, Ranma was the only one who changed sexes. Mousse
turns into a duck, Ryoga turns into a pig, Genma turns into a panda,
and--"
"Genma? Mr. Saotome?", Kinami asked.
Ranma looked up. "You knew my father?"
Kinami nodded. "Yeah, he and your mother were regulars, before
they moved."
"ANYWAYS!", Nabiki interupted, "And Shampoo turned into a
cat.", she finished as Ranma seemed to tense up for a moment. "Oh, and
dont get me started on Tarou."
"You mean that guy that was here a few months ago?"
"Yes, him."
"What was Tarou doing here?"
"What else, looking for Happosai. He worked here for a week
until he had made enough money to pay for the information."
"So you told him."
"I told him Happosai was in America, nothing more."
"Why did he work for the information?"
"I don't know. I think he's gotten a bit soft since the last
time we saw him."
"So, old Pantyhose went to America."
Kinami looked up for a moment. "Uhh.. Pantyhose?"
Nabiki looked at her friend. "Happosai named him."
Recalling the stories she'd heard of Happosai, she found it
easy to believe. "Why didn't he just change it?"
"Oh, some kind of dumb law he follows. Apparently, only
Happosai can change it."
Kinami nodded wide-eyed. "You guys certainly are a weird
bunch. Hey Mousse, why don't you prove to me you can turn into a
duck?"
"I'd rather not, thanks."
"Come on, I wanna see."
"No."
"Just for a minute?"
"NO."
"Ah, your probably faking anyways."
Mousse stood silent.
Kinami waited until that moment to grab the thermos of water
at her side and spray it at Mousse. Mousse had apparently been
prepared, and was already dodging the stream of water. Soun got a
faceful of cold water, however.
"Nice try."
"Oh come on!"
"_NO_."
"Stop already!", Ranma interupted. "Akane has probably already
found Ryoga, so we'd better decide whats happening, and fast."
Nabiki agreed, and began to tidy up the restaurant from the
previous mess, and Kinami reluctantly helped.
"Yes, you two should come stay at the dojo. Ranma, you haven't
slept yet, it may be good for you to get some rest."
Ranma shook his head, "I'm not tired. I don't think I need
sleep in this condition anyways."
Mousse nodded. "I doubt I would need sleep after whats
happened tonight."
Soun nodded. "Agreed. Nabiki?"
His daughter looked up at him. "Yes Daddy?"
"You and Kinami stop by tomorrow, we'll have to plan whats
going to happen about San Francisco."
Nabiki nodded, and resumed her work. Kinami eyed Mousse
quickly before continuing. Mousse and Ranma said they're goodbyes and
exited, Soun followed soon after, leaving the two women to do their
work.
"Eventful day, wasn't it?", Kinami asked.
"Amazingly.", Nabiki replied. "Well, you've met the great
Ranma Saotome, even if a little..."
"Living impaired?"
Nabiki chuckled. "Couldn't have said it better myself."
"So, What are we going to do about the restaurant while we're
in San Francisco?"
Nabiki shrugged. "Well, I'll probably collect on a favour
someone owes me."
"Who?"
Nabiki smiled. "Now Kinami, am I one to divulge my secrets
freely?"
Kinami rolled her eyes. "The Ice Queen returns..."
"Hey!", Nabiki shot back, "I'm paying for the trip to San
Francisco."
"I guess you've got me there. But I'm assuming your buying
one-way tickets until we see who survives the trip?"
Nabiki stared at the floor for a moment. "Kinami... Its not
like that. I don't want a death anymore than you do. No price is worth
a human life", she looked at her friend. "Frankly, I'm appaled that
you would even think that."
"But its a possibility."
Nabiki nodded. "This Kenoru person is powerful if he could
defeat Ranma, Mousse and Shampoo all at once. When we get there, we'll
have at least three more martial artists with us. Four if Ryoga comes
along, and Maybe even Five if Tarou finds Happosai, considering he'd
help us."
"Considering this Shampoo and Happosai are still alive."
Nabiki nodded. "Considering. Look, I don't want to even think
of that as a possibility. Lets just finish cleaning up, and we'll talk
to the group tomorrow. I'll set up some plans for the trip."
Kinami nodded her agreement, and continued.

"Brother dear, I'm home.", the voice came from the entrance of
the house.
Tatewaki looked up from the book at his desk and paid
attention to his sister. "Yes, sister. I'm in the study."
Kodachi soon showed up in the study and set her breifcase
down. "Why didn't you return to work?"
"I had a very... Disturbing experience."
"What happened? From the looks of you, I'd say you had a
fight."
He nodded. "Indeed, sister. However I was the dishonourable
one."
"Whatever do you mean?"
Tatewaki took the book he was reading and pointed it towards
his sister. "Ranma Saotome."
The book was in fact an almanac of Obituaries published in the
newspaper over the past several years, and he had picked it up on his
way home. The obituary in question was that of Ranma Saotome.
Kodachi remembered the name. She scowled at the thought of the
man who had broken her heart for that of Akane Tendo. However, her
brother forbade her to do harm to either one.
"What of him?"
"I am beginning to think..", he leaned up towards his sister,
"He may not be dead."
Kodachi scoffed. "Of course he's dead. The obituary is right
here."
"Yes, but the man I fought today. He called himself... Ranma
Saotome."
Kodachi looked at her brother for a moment. "Are you sure?
Could you have been mistaken?"
He shrugged in reply. "I do not know. He was hidden beneath a
costume and cowl. I could not get an accurate view of him. Most of his
body was hidden by his cape and chains, as well as many other.. Rather
preturbing ornaments."
"Cape? Chains? What type of Ornaments?"
"Small, jewel-sized replicas of skulls. Whether they be human
or not, I do not know."
"Ranma Saotome was not a practioner of the black arts. Why
would he have such ornaments?"
"I do not know. My previous beliefs of him as a sorcerer were
unfounded. But now I am not so sure."
"What shall we do?"
"I shall go to the Tendo Dojo tomorrow and inquire about it,
however I did sense some... Familiarity in him. It could have been
him."
"Would you like me to accompany you, brother?"
"No. I am quite able to handle such a situation by myself. If
another fight were to break loose, you would not be prepared."
Kodachi nodded. It was true, she hadn't practiced her
gymnastics for years now, ever since her father had returned to
Hawaii. She hadn't had her heart in it anymore, and just gave up.
"Very well, brother dear."

"Mousse, you may stay in Nabiki's room, just up those stairs
and-"
"Second door on the left.", Mousse interupted, "I remember."
Soun smiled and nodded. "Of course. You've been here enough
times in the past. And Ranma, you may still have your old room, if you
wish."
Ranma nodded and stared off into the night from the tea room.
He paused long enough to give an assuring nod and then went back into
his trance.
"It's getting late, maybe we should retire for the night.",
Soun said, "I'll talk to you two in the morning."
Mousse nodded. "Half past eight. It took us that long to get
here?"
Ranma nodded. "We wouldv'e been here alot earlier if you two
hadn't been talking so much."
"True. But I doubt I'd be able to sleep. I was.. up a little
late last night, so my sleep pattern might be a little out-of-sync."
"Mousse?", Ranma asked.
"Yes?"
"You killed someone last night, didn't you?"
Mousse silently nodded. Even without looking, Ranma knew his
reply. "Who was he?"
"His name was Gendo Satoni. Scum if there ever was any. His
police records showed simple crimes. Theft. Extortion. But I got all
the real information I needed on him. Murder. Rape. Arsony. This sicko
was into all of it."
"What about Makaro?"
Mousse looked down for a moment. "I wasn't paid to kill him."
"So thats it then. Just kill who you're paid to, and if the
guy your working for is worse, then who the hell cares?"
Mousse began to argue. "Its not like that--"
"Isn't it?", Ranma looked towards Mousse, "Makaro would have
killed Nabiki if I hadn't shown up when I did. You were just going to
stand there and let him do it."
"I... I don't know if I would have let him do it or not.
Ranma, over the past five years my emotions have been disappearing one
by one. Remorse and guilt were the first to go, but when I found out
you were.. Here, they _ALL_ came flooding back. Every life I've taken.
Every heart I've broken because of my actions has affected me. They've
affected me since the day I first took a life, and to the day I die
they'll affect me."
"I'm sure that makes everyone you've killed feel a hell of a
lot better."
Mousse kept staring at the floor. "It doesn't change anything.
I offered to forfeit my life but--"
"Don't make excuses, Mousse. Its not worth it. The reasons I'm
not letting you kill yourself are because A. I need your help, and I'm
sure Shampoo does as well, and B. Because if and when you do die, I'm
not going to let you take a cowards death."
"Ranma... I--"
"I don't want to hear it. Just go. Have your simple
nightmares, and I'll live mine."
Mousse didn't say a word. He got up and walked towards the
door. He paused and turned his head to look at Ranma. "Every life I've
taken _WILL_ haunt me till the day I die. But I know I deserve it.
Ranma, you didn't deserve what happened to you. There is no excuse for
it. And I will stand by you to avenge your death, and would give my
life if it meant bringing yours back."
Ranma didn't reply. He just stared.
Mousse sighed and walked up the stairs.

"There you are!", Akane yelled from her car window. Outside,
the familiar form of her husband perked up and turned to face her.
"Akane!", he yelled, running towards her.
"Thank god. I've been looking for you for the past two hours.
Ranma fell asleep in the back seat."
"Is he alright?"
Akane smiled. "Yep."
"Sorry I got lost, I got kinda.. distracted after work."
"Get in, we've got to put him to bed."
Ryoga leapt over the car and opened the door. He quickly
slipped in and smiled at his wife, his previous worries nearly
forgotten.
"Oh, by the way. I.. uhh.. ran into someone today."
"Who?", Ryoga asked.
"An old friend. Someone we haven't seen in a long time."
"Uhhh", Ryoga suddenly began to tense up. "Happosai?"
Akane chuckled for a moment, "No. Someone who we thought was
dead."
Ryoga began to sweat nervously. *How could she know? Did she
run into him? Did he run into her?* He decided it best to feign
ignorance.
"I give up.", he mustered the courage to say.
"Well, I stopped by Ucchans while looking for you, and Daddy
was there, with two other people. One of them was Mousse."
"I'M SORRY AKANE! YOUR FATHER TOLD ME NOT TO TELL---
MOUSSE?!?!?"
Akane looked wide-eyed for a moment. "What? You mean you knew
already?"
"Uhh.. Yeah. I was going to surprise you when you got home..
heh heh.", he said. *God I hope she buys this.*
"Thats funny, he said he was going to call and tell me. He
never told me he told you."
"Must have.. Slipped his mind?"
Akane laughed. "Well, we're probably going to stop by the dojo
tomorrow sometime. We were originally going to go there tonight to
catch up, but its too late now."
"Thats okay, it'll be fine tomorrow.", Ryoga said nervously.
Akane nodded. "Right now lets just focus on the task at hand."
Ryoga sighed in relief and agreed.

"So, you've made alot of progress, and in under 20 hours! I'm
impressed, Spawny."
Ranma looked suddenly towards the source of the voice. He
scowled once he saw who it was.
"What the hell do you want, Clown-boy?"
"Clown-boy? Hoo! Thats rich. But if I were you, Saotome, I'd
be showing a little more respect. I trust the old fart told you about
me."
"Yeah, the 'vomitor' or something."
The Clown started to chuckle. "Thats 'violator', and I'd thank
you not to forget it. Unless of course, you think you can beat me."
Ranma waved his hand. "Go away. I'm not in the mood."
"Oh, how I do love these situations. Lets see now, how does it
go. Oh yeah. You tell me to get lost, I push the matter further, you
get pissed, then you die a second time. Oh, joy!"
"I said get lost, fatty."
"Fatty? Oh, _THATS_ original. But seriously Spawn, I don't
understand what the master sees in you humans, you're weak, emotional
beings. And most of you don't have the guts to even watch a decent
torture session."
"Does it matter, your 'master' means nothing to me."
"I'd show some more respect if I were you. You don't get to be
ruler of hell for several millenia by being disrespected."
"I'll disrespect whoever the hell I want."
"Oh really? Well, then I guess I'll just hafta make you
respect him. I suppose if I had a little chat with, say Akane, you
would--"
"You touch her and I'll rip your demon head off!"
"Ooh, touched a sore spot eh? Want me to make Akane kiss it
better? I can, you know. I can make her do anything I want. I can get
her to s--"
"SHUT UP! GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!"
"Jeez, at least let me finish my taunting before you go ahead
and challenge me."
"This won't be a challenge.", and with that, Ranma launched an
aerial assault of kicks and punches to the Clown's body. It sent him
flying back towards the wall of the grounds, as he smashed into it
with great force.
Ranma just grunted and turned away. "Not even.", he muttered.
All of a sudden, a gruff laugh came from the direction of the
wall.
"Not bad. It usually takes a bit more than that to finish me
off.", he said as he began to glow. "My true form, however is a little
bit harder."
The light had come seemingly from underneath his skin. The
blood red glow seemed to eminate from under his flesh as it began to
ripple, and expand. The flesh seemed to melt off as his true form came
forth. The pitch of the laugh changed as the Clowns body turned into
that of the Violator.
"Now, Spawn. Lets see you take me like this."
"What the hell?", it didn't come from Ranma, behind him,
Mousse had come downstairs to see what the commotion was. He stared
wide-eyed at the grotesque form of the demon.
"Mousse, get back inside."
The Violator laughed. "Ahh, a toy. Lets play, shall we?"
"What is it?"
"Mousse, GET BACK INSIDE!"
"Not a very bright boy, is he?"
"But--"
"JUST GO!", Ranma began to launch another aerial attack, this
time with some variations. It threw the demon back for a moment, but
he just stood there, smiling. If you could call it a smile.
"You think that could take me, Saotome? It may have put the
Clown away, but I'm more ready for it."
"KACHUU TENSHIN AMIGURIKEN!", Ranma yelled as he tried to land
a flurry of punches on the creature. He succeeded, but unfortunately,
Violator just stood there, laughing.
"Interesting Technique. Picked up from the Joketsuzoku, I
believe. Well, Saotome, who the hell do you think _THEY_ got it from?"
"What?"
"Talented folks, but they're nothing but a bunch of
plagiarists."
"I'm not going to put up with this... MOUKOU TAKABISHA!", The
Chi attack flushed outwards from his fists. A Thick black chi-stream
hit the demon square in the jaw, but it kept standing there, laughing.
"Your chi has no effect on me. You're a creature of darkness,
just like me. Don't even try it."
Ranma refused to give up. He closed his eyes and kept
straining for a moment longer. He began to feel dispair welling up
inside of him, and for an unknown reason thought of the one thing that
had kept him going for as long as he did. Akane.
The chi blast suddenly began to turn slowly from black, to
dark red. The demon grunted in surprise as the tickling sensation
turned into a slight burning pain.
"Impressive. But it does nothing to me but- UGH!", he flew
back against the wall as the beam turned from dark red to a more solid
red.
He got up slowly and growled. "That _FUCKING HURT_!", he
yelled, and suddenly went into a full attack mode. He blocked every
single one of Ranma's attacked, as he laughed. He finally put a stop
to it. He picked Ranma into the air with a single hand and began to
speak.
"I'm impressed, Ranma. I'll give you that much. But you've got
no hope to beat me at full strength. I've gone easy, but you pissed me
off, and now you pay the price."
The demon began to squeeze harder and brought his other hand
and positioned it over Ranma's chest. He smirked as he began to put
pressure on it.
"DIE!", the scream was heard from behind them, momentarily
distracting the demon long enough for Ranma to get loose. Mousse has
sliced a fair sized gash in the demons side with a kitchen knife, and
was busily making identicle slits all over its body.
"Damn you!", he yelled, Ranma began to start attacking the
demon in an effort to help Mousse get away.
"Hey, no fair two-on-one!", the demon chuckled.
"Mousse, get out of here, I'm alright now."
"This--"
"GO!"
Mousse frowned for a moment, then threw the knife into the
demons back and made a hasty retreat inside the house. Ranma was left
to finish the job.
"I'll rip your heart out!", Violator yelled.
"I think you just failed", was Ranma's only reply. The
Violator was weakened now, and in pain. But he was still going to win,
eventually. He needed some sort of edge. The attack from Mousse had
helped, but.. What now?
Mousse had apparently had the same train of thought as Ranma,
and quickly came up with an idea. He ran out the front of the Dojo,
and into an alleyway. The noises from the battle still extremely loud.
He suddenly spotted what he was looking for.
Ranma was quickly getting worn out, and didn't know how much
longer he would hold. But then he noticed Mousse, he was no longer
inside, but standing on the top of the wall. He had only moments to
glance at him, because the fight was taking most of his attention. All
he knew was that Mousse was holding something in his hand. He tossed
it towards Ranma. Then he noticed.
It hadn't taken effect immediately. Ranma still had to realize
what was standing by the edge of the Koi pond, hissing at him. A
moment later, a vision of himself as a young man with fish sausage
links tied around his neck appeared. He immediately knew what Mousse
was trying to do. And Ranma realized, if he was going to win, he would
have to submit. He jumped towards the cat and held it in his arms.
The cat was frantically scratching at him, trying to free
itself. The demon stood there dumbfounded at what was happening, and
shrugged.
"What the hell are you doing?" it asked.
Ranma grunted in response, his heart running into overtime and
fear overtaking him. A moment later. It kicked in.
At first, the demon laughed at Ranma, as if it was some kind
of joke that he was walking around on all fours, hissing at him like a
cat. He wasn't laughing for long, as Ranma launched at him.
The demon hadn't expected it. He had figured that it was some
symbol that Ranma was giving up, and found it a humourous distraction.
But when it attacked, taking him off-guard, he found it painful and
yelled once noticing that Ranma's Chains were now assisting the fight.
Violator reached out to try and block another attack, but when Ranma's
cape wrapped itself around his arm, and pulled it aside, dislocating
the bone, he fell back, having Ranma land on him, and proceed to rip
off his flesh as a cat would its prey. It was then that Violator
realized, he had no chance in hell of winning. Moments later, it was
over, and Violator dissolved into the ground.
Mousse shook his fist in the air and expressed his pleasure
from atop the wall. He frowned when he realized he would have to do
something about Ranma.
"Whats going on?", Soun asked, groggily rubbing his eyes and
comign out into the yard. It had apparently attracted the attention of
the creature that had been inhabiting Ranma's mind and sent him
running towards him. Soun yelped in surprise, but calmed as Ranma
began to rub himself against Soun's legs.
Mousse shook his head. "Might be a bit easier than I
thought.", he said as he jumped off of the wall.

The figure that had been silently watching from three rooftops
away stared at the figure. *Amazing*, he thought to himself. He had
heard of the Cat-fist before, but never had the pleasure of witnessing
it. All he knew was that the technique was banned. He smiled under his
old beard, his worn face adjusting to the sudden change in shape.
Indeed, it had been years since he had used those muscles.
Count Nicholas De Cogliostro jumped down from the rooftop of
the building and began to walk. Until moment earlier, he had expected
Violator to win, but smiled at the thought of a new spawn being able
to best him on the first challenge. Unfortunately, he also knew of the
other challenges that would come. There would certainly be an Angel,
as well as other abominations that he himself had faced in the past.
He made a mental note to talk to the boy again the next day.

Ukyou sighed in relief as the airplane touched solid ground at
the Tokyo International Airport. She watched intently out the window
while she waited for the plane to make a complete stop. It was now
past Ten at night, too late to worry about going to Nerima. She would
have to find a hotel for the night, and leave the next day.
Her mind reeled with possible outcomes of the next day. She
would walk right up to her old friends and say, 'Hey, whats up. Sorry
for going away for six years, but can ya blame me?'. She frowned
inwardly. Of course they would blame her. But this was something she
had to do, too many demons had manifested themselves in her closet,
and it was time to excorcise some of them. She would leave on a
morning train, probably arriving in Nerima around ten in the morning,
and set out for a place she knew someone would still be. Her old
restaurant. She could envision the route she'd use in her mind. Get
off of the train, head down Kasakami street, take a left on Mirasako,
and head straight until she reached her restaurant.
Even though the appointed time wasn't until at least a good
nights sleep away, she felt the butterflies in her stomach fluttering
about. She tried her best to mentally spray them with some repellant,
but they remained, still strong and moving.
She glanced at her watch just as the plane came to a complete
stop. She removed her seatbelt and prepared to get up, grabbing her
carry-on luggage as she watched the stairs extend to the entrance
outside.
Ukyou sighed in anticipation. *Soon*, she told herself.
*Soon.*