[Ranma][FanFic] "Three Sisters" Part 4 "Engagements" (repost)

fher...@yahoo.com

Jan 31, 2001, 9:01:41 AM1/31/01
The Tendou dojo, that evening...

"Welcome, Kuonji-san. You've been expected here."

"Arigatou, Tendou-san," Ukyou bows her head, then gazes on the people
within the living room as her empathic senses analyze them.

Genma was openly trembling on seeing the poor girl he wronged so long ago.
No doubt she was here for blood. Nodoka was doing as all mothers did on
seeing a child's fiancee; appraising her potential. Souun, Akane's father, was
burdened with heavy pain; no doubt, the loss of his wife still hung heavily
over him. There also flashed some small hope that his agreement with Genma
could be fulfilled despite the odds. Kasumi, the elder Tendou daughter, seemed
very pleasant, the perfect matriarch for this house. Nabiki seemed concerned
about how Ukyou's being here would affect her family, especially her younger
sister. Kikuko was just happy that Ukyou was here, no longer wanting to seek
revenge on her adopted family. Ranko wasn't here; she was busy helping Shampoo
settle down in a guest house nearby. And Akane...! Blessed Mother Ocean, it
was no wonder that Ranma was taken away by the youngest Tendou!

"First, I'd like to say that, save for the matter between myself and
Ran-chan's father, I bear no ill-will toward anyone within this household,"
Ukyou clears her throat. "I now am aware of the agreement between the Saotomes
and the Tendous. From what I can sense, a rapport is forming between the
various members of both families. I wish to do nothing to disrupt that.

"Saying that, I must also state that if I wish to pursue one of your
daughters, ma'am, I choose Ranma," she then stares at Nodoka. "What memories I
have of your family are centred around her...and it was on her that I locked
myself onto when I began my quest years ago. I don't know either Ranko or
Kikuko, though I would gladly like to know them as my friends and future
in-laws. Further, Ranko is bound to Xian-pu...and sensing the love between
them, it would be criminal on my part to hurt that. Seeing as how there're
many ways to resolve this to everyone's satisfaction, may...we hold off on any
final decisions before we get the chance to know each other much better...as
one family?"

Nodoka blinks, then nods. "Agreed, Ukyou-san."

"Ukyou, you've actually had experience in running your own okonomiyaki
shop for some time now," Nabiki muses. "Will you do the same here in Nerima?"

"Yes, I will," Ukyou nods. "As soon as I find a nice place to rent out
for 'Okonomiyaki Ucchan,' I'll begin. I would like to live here if I may.
I've lived in very cramped apartments beforehand and they just don't appeal to
me anymore."

"Certainly...though given that we only have one guest room available..."
Souun muses.

"Perhaps we can make some renovations to build new guest rooms, Otou-san?"
Kasumi muses.

"I agree," Nodoka nods. "Or even better, a guest house. This will allow
Ukyou and Shampoo to have their own space here...not to mention Ranma and
Ranko, of course. Also, it'll give Nabiki and Akane their own rooms back.
Once my husband and I retire to our home, Kikuko can have the guest room to
herself."

"We'd all have to chip in for that," Ranma muses. "The funds our sisters
in Oshika sent us can only go so far, Okaa-san."

"True, plus there are funds I have available...and I'm sure Ukyou and
Shampoo can contribute as well," Nodoka nods. "Even if there're no marriage
ties between us...except the one between Ranko and Shampoo...we are a family
and should act as one."

"Agreed," the younger women nod.

Genma and Souun exchange looks, their concern quite plain. What of Ranma
and Akane? "B-but...!"

"Further, maybe the engagement between Ranma and I should be ended now,"
Akane hums. "This'll give U-chan an equal chance with me to pursue Ranma's
heart, Saotome-basan."

"That seems very fair, Akane," Nodoka nods.

"B-but...!" the men stammer.

"I can agree to that. U-chan?" Ranma stares at Ukyou.

"I'm for it if it doesn't bother A-chan," Ukyou nods.

"B-b-but...!!"

"It's agreed, then," Nodoka beams.

The men continue to stammer...as the door opens. "Tadaima (I'm here)!"
Ranko calls out. "Kaa-san, Xian-pu's with me!"

"Konban wa, Shampoo-san. Welcome to Japan!" Nodoka beams on seeing the
beautiful Nyuchezuu warrior now holding Ranko's hand.

As conversation picks up, people ignore the stammering "B-but..." emitting
from Genma and Souun...

* * *

"Three Sisters"
by Fred Herriot
fher...@yahoo.com
**** **** ****
Edited by E.B. Kushnir <ku...@iaw.on.ca>
With C&C by Kevin D. Hammel <kha...@pacbell.net> and Robert Geiger
<robert...@prodigy.net>
**** **** ****
Based on "Ranma 1/2" created by Rumiko Takahashi
**** **** ****

PART FOUR - ENGAGEMENTS

Later...

"Are you sure staying here's okay for you tonight, U-chan?"

Ukyou glances around the dojo, smiling. A nice place all around. "Yeah,
it's okay, A-chan," she nods. "If we're going through with the guest house
idea, let's set it up in the corner of the yard, with a covered walkway leading
to the dojo itself. I'd like to train here as much as all of you will."

"Aiya, it'll look nice!" Shampoo muses. Ranma and Ranko were there also.
"You sure Mother-in-law won't mind, Airen?"

"Hai, koibito-chan (Lover). Besides, it takes away control of our lives
from Ji-san and Tou-san. No offense, Akane, but we have to keep moving to
ensure Ji-san and Tou-san don't do anything to foul it up," Ranko nods, gazing
at Akane. "They're REALLY set in their ways. If they had their way, Nee-chan
and you'd be married tomorrow REGARDLESS of what U-chan's been through."

"That's true," Akane sighs, then she exchanges a look with Shampoo before
staring at the three Nendo-kata with them. "Is there something you want to
tell us?"

"Hai," Ranma sighs. "There're...some things about Nendo-kata biology you
both should understand before we press on with this. Would you mind if we
talked about that?"

Akane and Shampoo nod as they make a circle in the middle of the dojo
floor. "First of all, I'd like to...propose something which could allow both
A-chan and I to get something out of this given what I've sensed of you so far,
A-chan," Ukyou sighs.

"What?" Akane urges.

"A-chan, forgive me...do you love Ran-chan?"

Silence. Akane blinks, surprised at the bluntness of Ukyou's
question...yet not finding herself embarrassed or upset about it, either.
After all, honesty was a profound virtue among Ranma's and Ukyou's people. She
should respect that, shouldn't she? "Hai, I do love Ranma, U-chan. It's
still quite...undefined, I guess, but the idea of staying with her for the rest
of my life...it doesn't scare me at all. I can see it happening; in fact,
I've seen it happening since I came to better understand who and what she is."

"Okay," Ukyou nods. "Ran-chan, do you love A-chan?"

"Of course I do," Ranma nods. "Akane is everything I could ever ask for
in a life-mate."

"Ranma!!" Akane's cheeks flame.

"Alright, then," U-chan nods. "A-chan, I care for Ran-chan very much.
I'm happy to be with her again and I want it to work out between her and I. At
the same time...I can see myself loving you as well. Ran-chan's right, you
know; you are everything people like us could ask for in a mate. Therefore...I
propose this: we three," she points to herself, then Ranma, then Akane,
"...will form a family. I really don't see myself going back to my dad given
what he's done to me over the last few years. I can see myself becoming 'Ukyou
Saotome.' Can you see yourself, if you really do care for Ran-chan...becoming
'Akane Saotome?'"

"Yes, I do," Akane nods. "Do you mean a wife-mistress idea?"

"Iie," Ukyou shakes her head. "There's no equality in that when you get
down to it...though from what I sense of your mom, Ran-chan, she'd definitely
approve. I won't treat either of my life-mates that way. What I propose is
that we, to the public, become adopted sisters. We acknowledge Ran-chan's
parents as our own. Within our household, we do as we choose. At the same
time, to ensure your family carries on, one of Ran-chan's sisters does the
opposite and becomes a Tendou. This will ensure both families can continue,
but honour the spirit of the agreement between your father and Ran-chan's
father. Atop that, it restores my honour."

Akane blinks, then nods. "Uhn!" She then stares at Ranko and Shampoo.
"What about you two?"

"There are no rivals for either of our hearts, so it's a straightforward
bonding," Ranko gently grasps Shampoo's hand.

"What about Mousse?" Shampoo scowls.

Ranko tenses, her eyes narrowing dangerously. "If that half-blind,
love-starved jerk even THINKS of trying to break us up, Xian, I'll drop-kick
him to the Moon!"

"Who's Mousse?" Akane wonders.

"Lao Mu-tzu," Ranma sighs. "Xian's version of Kunou, Akane. Good martial
artist, specializing in hidden weapons style, but he's so insanely obsessed
about Xian, it's funny. He and Ko-chan haven't got along at all since Ko-chan
and Xian fell in love."

"My sympathies, Shampoo!" Akane shudders.

"Many thanks, Akane," Shampoo groans.

"I guess so," Ukyou sighs. "Alright, then. Since you seem to want to
bond with us, you have to understand a basic fact of our biology...and how it
leads to mating and children. Among the Great School, a psi-bond...a
telepathic link between two people...is what marks a 'married' couple. But
when that bond occurs, it creates a subtle physical change in our menstrual
cycle."

"In effect, our cycle will shift over a couple months to match with
yours," Ranko adds. "Once that occurs and we sense when you become most
fertile...our drive to mate will hit us like a tidal wave. You can guarantee
we'll be having kids right after."

"That's why we've wanted all along to wait until we're totally ready
before we solidify things," Ranma finishes. "Oyaji and Tendou-san don't
understand this. I think, deep down, they won't care much, regardless that
it's a very important thing concerning making this work right. They want a
bond based on words. We're talking about a bonding of minds, hearts and
bodies. When you sit back and think about it, it's a big difference."

Akane and Shampoo hum, then exchange a look before the latter stares at
Ranko. "Airen...how soon do you want to bond?"

"I'll bond with you here and now...but given that you're not a Nendo-kata,
I'll be the one bearing our first child most likely," Ranko muses. "I do like
to finish high school at least. I've no idea how the school board'll react if
I become pregnant."

"Okay, I can live with that. After all, we should make the marriage
really special!" Shampoo beams.

"I'll go for that!" Ranko grips her hand.

"What happens in a three-way bond?" Akane wonders.

"Well, one of us...I was thinking of you...would be the 'base' for the
others to bond to," Ranma hums. "Once the psi-bond forms, our bodies will
match to your cycle...and then..." she flusters.

"Oooh, that's gonna be fun!" Ukyou whistles.

Everyone laughs...

* * *

The next morning...

"Good, A-chan! You're showing loads of promise!!"

Souun hums, pausing at the front porch as he watches Akane twirl around
Ukyou's giant combat spatula..."Spatula-sama" was the name Nabiki gave it, in
reflection of her nickname for Akane's ki-mallet...in a graceful arc.
Personally, he didn't approve of weapons...in Musabetsu Kakutou-ryuu
philosophy, weapons restricted the fighter in melee...but clearly, the
okonomiyaki cook knew what she was doing. Further, Ukyou uses the same
positive encouragement Ranma used when training his daughter to keep her
spirits up.

A resigned sigh escapes him. By all rights, he should be teaching Akane;
as her father, it was his duty and responsibility, especially if he wanted
Akane to carry on the Tendou-ryuu.

Still, after Kimiko died...then...then...!

"Ohayo, Ji-san," Ranko steps onto the porch, having hopped over the fence
from staying overnight with Shampoo.

"Ohayo, Ranko," Souun nods. "How are you and Shampoo-san getting along?"

"What do you think?" Ranko titters delightedly, then heads up to Nabiki's
room to get her things.

"My, everything seems so nice today, doesn't it, Otou-san?" Kasumi muses,
laying out some food.

Souun nods. "Yes, it does...though still..."

"I know, Otou-san," Kasumi smiles knowingly. "It isn't what you and
Saotome-jisan planned at the start. We can't follow that anymore given how
much things've changed. I applaud everyone's decision to keep matters fluid
until things become clearer. It'll save a lot of problems in the future.
That'll make this work."

"I hope so," Souun muses.

"Minna-san! Breakfast!!" Kasumi calls out.

Cries of "Hai!" echo from various places in the house...

* * *

"Thanks for loaning me a spare uniform, Ran-chan. Lucky thing we're the
same size."

"No problem, U-chan," Ranma smiles as she and Akane run on the fence,
Ukyou staying beside them at ground level. Nabiki and Kikuko had gone on
ahead. Ranko was taking the day off to help Shampoo settle in, plus help
Nodoka arrange a place for Ukyou to set up her restaurant. "We better get in
contact with the SCAA just in case; let them know you're here," the elder
Saotome child adds. "You'll probably have an easier time of it than me."

"Don't bet on it, Ran-chan. If my old man finds out that I'm back to
being a girl full-time...and that this time, the government won't bend to his
wishes...he'll really hit the roof!" Ukyou sighs.

"That's awful, the way he treats you!" Akane asserts. "Why couldn't he
understand it wasn't your fault?!"

"My dad's like Ran-chan's old man, A-chan. He's got a pretty unique value
system...eh?!"

Ukyou slows down, her eyes glowing. Ranma and Akane slow down, then
turn...as a skeletal hand lands on the cook's shoulder. "YYEEEK!!!!" Ukyou
spins around, Spatula-sama out...then she stops on seeing the smiling,
bespectacled doctor holding up the skeleton now behind her. "Oh, jeez...!" she
stammers.

"Oh, Toofuu-sensei, ohayo," Akane smiles as she and Ranma hop off the
fence. "Is there something wrong?"

"Not really, Akane," Toofuu Ono hums, then gazes at Ranma and Ukyou. "I
heard from some of Nabiki's friends that some people were staying at your house
over the next while. Just curious, in case something happens."

The teenagers consider his words, then smile. "Gomen," Akane apologizes,
then does the introductions.

"Yoroshiku (Pleased to meet you), Sensei," Ukyou bows. "Sorry about me
trying to brain you with this," she hefts Spatula-sama. "Do you normally sneak
up on people like that?"

"Not really, especially since I can sense how good both you and Ranma-san
are," Toofuu asserts. "Though I must confess, I never thought I would meet a
pair of aliens before."

Blink, blink. "You can tell?" Ranma wonders.

"Hai. Your chi patterns're almost like a normal human's, but the
differences are pretty glaring for someone who can take real notice of it," the
martial artist/chiropractor muses.

Ranma hums. "Well, even with the amount of precautions we can take, the
chances are there we could be hurt. It's only wise to have a healer's services
close by. Alright, then, Sensei. After school, my sisters, U-chan and I'll
come by and we'll fill you in on the whole story. Fair enough?"

"More than fair enough. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll have to get back
to my clinic."

With that, he heads off. "He's damn good," Ukyou muses.

"That he is," Ranma nods. "Then again, it's partially our fault. We were
concentrating so much on Akane, we didn't notice him until he touched you with
the skeleton."

"What did you expect, Ran-chan?" Ukyou winks, giving Akane a sly stare.
"A-chan IS such a distraction!"

Steam billows from the younger Tendou's neck. "You guys...!"

Heartwarming laughter fills the air as they race for school. Watching
them go, Toofuu sighs, a bemused smile crossing his face. "To believe I'm
going to be close to a group of Nendo-kata," he clicks his tongue, hoisting
Betty up. "Good thing Kay-san told me about this happening. I hope Akane
realizes what she's in for."

With that, he heads off...

* * *

"Akane Tendou, come to my arms...!"

*WHOMP!!!!*

Kunou drops face-first into the ground at Akane's feet. She then walks
over the insensate kendoist. "Don't you get the hint, you moron?!" she glares
at him. "Stay out of my life!"

With that, she heads towards the front doors, Ranma and Ukyou staying
close to her. "Hey, A-chan, you okay?" the latter asks, sensing a twinge of
trepidation in her new friend.

"I dunno..." Akane stares at her hand, then she gazes on Ranma. "Are you
doing something to me?"

"Eh?!" Ranma blinks. "What are you talking about, Akane?"

"The way I've been fighting since you came," Akane wonders. "I just find
it so easy to tap into my skills now. I mean...the day you came, it was really
hard for me to wear through them all. The day after, I ploughed through
them..."

"And you assume I have something to do with it," Ranma hums. "Relax,
Akane. One, I wouldn't insult you like that. I know you like to deal with
your problems; that says a lot about you. But instead of looking for external
sources for your power..." she taps her chest, "...look right there. That
never lies to you."

"She's right, A-chan," Ukyou smiles, waving them inside as they slip off
their shoes and bloomers, slipping on uwabaki (indoor shoes) before heading to
class. "Look, there are two ways of training people. Using positive
encouragement or negative encouragement. Most martial art senseis believe
negative encouragement's better since it forces you to endure psychological
hardship, increasing your resistance to bad vibes and things like that. It's
great for allowing you to deal with harsh situations. Actually, it's not a bad
idea, but if you ask me, there's a much better way to go about it. That's
what we're doing."

"You see, if it was the old me teaching you, I'd be piling on all sorts of
degrading insults to piss you off so badly, you'd want to do ANYTHING to show
me up," Ranma adds. "That's good in some ways, but you've already got a
problem with your anger, Akane. I don't want to make it worse. I..." she
pauses.

"Ran-chan's worried that you'd never be happy anymore if you give in too
much to your rage," Ukyou supplies.

"Domo, U-chan."

Akane blinks, then sighs. "Arigatou. I appreciate it. But can you give
me the honest truth?" she stops, gazing at them. "Do I really have the chance
to be as good as both of you?"

"Being just human and not a Nendo-kata who Crossed Over?" Ranma hums,
scanning around to ensure no one was eavesdropping. "In time, Akane, you WILL
be as good as I was before Jusenkyou. But to have the special abilities U-chan
and I possess now..."

"There's only one way to get that right away, A-chan," Ukyou warns.
"Would you do it?"

Akane blinks, then her eyes widen as it dawns on her what Ranma and Ukyou
are alluding to. The Crossing Over. She then takes a deep breath. "I don't
know."

"Our point," Ukyou nods as they head on to class. "A-chan, let's get you
up to snuff as best as we can in THIS body," she taps Akane's shoulder, "...and
if you like it enough, we'll keep you in it. If you bear our children, you'll
end up inheriting our powers through the child's DNA mixing with yours via the
umbilical cord while she's in the womb, so you'll evolve to our level."

"Soo ka," Akane sighs. "'S funny, isn't it?"

"Nani?" Ranma wonders.

"We're talking about children and starting families like we would be
discussing our homework or a book we read. If this was before I found out
about your other sides, I'd be embarrassed as all get out, not to mention
pretty angry that we'd be breaching such a private subject. But it doesn't
bother me so much..."

"Well, we don't have as many taboos about reproduction as you do. To us,
sex and reproduction are vital to the continuation of the Great School and we
acknowledge it at that," Ranma wryly muses. "Then again, sometimes, it's as
much a surprise to me when I think about it. Before Jusenkyou, I had NO idea
whatsoever about sex. Oyaji never told me a thing. I shudder to think what
I'd go through as a guy with the way some of our classmates behave."

"Ugh, that's true," Akane winces.

"Akane Tendou!"

Akane stops, then sighs, turning to see a bruised Tatewaki Kunou standing
nearby. The determination in the kendoist's eyes is as fierce as ever. Ranma
and Ukyou tense, ready to jump the creep if they had to. "Is there a problem,
Kunou?" Akane frostily asks.

"That's 'Kunou-sempai'...!"

"And as I said in my speech two days ago, you will NEVER earn such respect
from me!" Akane snaps. "I believe Nabiki sold you a tape of it. Are you hard
of hearing or what?!"

"Enough!" Kunou snarls. "I must now do everything to save you from these
demonically-possessed maidens accompanying you now!" he draws his bokan stick,
then charges.

Ukyou is on him first, grabbing him by the stick and sending him through
an open window to splash-land in the pool three floors down! "You jackass,
we've got no time for you!!!" she snarls.

"The words 'give up' clearly are not in his language!" Ranma shakes her
head. "Depressing."

Akane hums. Ukyou and Ranma gaze on her. "The lady has an idea, I
believe," Ukyou crosses her arms. "Let's hear it, A-chan."

"You two want to play a mind-game on that idiot?" Akane hums.

"I'd go for it," Ranma muses. "What's your idea?"

* * *

Joketsuzoku, that moment...

"<<Elder Kun-lon. May I speak with you a moment?>>"

Cologne blinks, then smiles. "<<Elder Lo-e,>>" she nods to the youngest
of the Council of Elderwomen. Both now meet in the older matriarch's home.
"<<What may I do for you today?>>"

"<<I fear my grand-nephew has done himself and your great-granddaughter a
grave dishonour,>>" Aloe sighs. "<<As soon as he learned that Xian-pu had been
given permission to travel to Japan to unite with Ranko Saotome, he took off
after her.>>"

Cologne jolts, then her eyes narrow. "<<Lo-e, Mu-tzu may not fully
understand what Ranko will do to him if he tries to force himself on my
great-granddaughter. Nendo-kata are vicious if they perceive a threat to their
chosen life-mates.>>"

"<<Agreed. Further, Mu-tzu's actions have even come to very much
disgrace...Those Who Suffer In Silence,>>" she lowers her voice on mentioning
the unofficial protest group, mostly male, who wanted the challenge laws
amended out of a fear of spousal abuse becoming rampant among the Nyu-che-zuu.
Traditional members of the tribe looked on people like Mousse with
barely-veiled disgust. "<<I've always supported them. Their ideas are very
forward, all for giving us better home and family lives while not trying to
weaken us when we deal with outsiders. But, much to my shock and disgrace,
Mu-tzu clearly looks on Xian-pu as his prized possession. None of Those Who
Suffer in Silence would condone that. It is, I fear, as bad as Ranko warned
when she was staying with us.>>"

Cologne hums, clicking her tongue. "<<It was hard for my
great-granddaughter-in-law to admit that to me, Lo-e. She knew what Mu-tzu
could face if his...overt aggressiveness towards Xian-pu became known. We
don't have to be too drastic, though.>>"

"<<The punishment is clear concerning those who emotionally enslave...or
desire to emotionally enslave...their mates, Kun-lon.>> Aloe shudders. <<He
must face Jusenkyou.>>"

"<<True. But thanks to Ranko's sister Kikuko, there is a very specific
way we can apply the punishment.>>"

Aloe blinks, then her eyes widen in surprised understanding. "<<But the
Nyanniichuan is gone, Kun-lon. The Wanderer that merged with Kikuko Saotome
saw to it...>>"

"<<You forget their reverence for their own mother goddess, Lo-e,>>"
Cologne smirks. "<<The magic of Nyanniichuan was not destroyed forever. With
my help, Kikuko made a way to ensure that if someone has need of that
particular spring's power, it can be used...and left it under my
safe-keeping,>>" she reaches into the top of her cane, opening a secret hatch
to draw out a bright blue stone, glowing with power. "<<Even more so, as long
as this is with me, the power of Nyanniichuan remains out of the Musk's hands.
Yes, there are other female-drown springs in Jusenkyou, but this was the most
prized of all. I think the farther we get this away from that moron Herb, the
better for us all. Agreed?>>"

"<<Agreed,>>" Aloe nods...

* * *

Nerima, before lunch...

Kunou shudders as he storms up to the classroom bearing his beloved Akane
Tendou and the four hapless maidens who seemed intent on following their
enchanter's dark plot and turning Akane from the joys of a man's...his own,
with due modesty...love and affections. Clearly, he had to press until he
found the devilish warlock who placed the Saotome sisters and Ukyou Kuonji
under his spell...then smite him as only a samurai of his calibre could. It
upset him that Ranma, Ranko, Kikuko and Ukyou had to suffer. But as surely as
Heaven's vengeance was always forthcoming with the assuredness of the dawn, he
would make them understand his noble intentions.

Once they comprehended that, they would all, even Akane, shower him with
their undying gratitude.

As he only deserved.

Arriving on the third floor, he stops as the door to class 1-F opens,
revealing Akane and Ranma. "There you are, fair maidens!" he calls out, racing
at them with arms wide...

...then screams out in shock as Ranma draws Akane into her arms and
bestows a VERY loving kiss on the latter's lips. The kendoist's brain seems to
short-circuit for a second as he watches Ranma and Akane continue their
lip-to-lip conversation, then with a scream, he lunges with his bokan stick.
"I WILL SAVE YOU BOTH!!!!" he raises it high, aiming for Ranma's head...

...then as it comes down, it smashes into SOMETHING as dense as the
hardest diamond, the bokan stick splintering as he stumbles forward. His head
slams into that invisible SOMETHING, knocking him to the floor! As the
kendoist tries to recover, Ranma's index finger makes a flecking gesture...as
Kunou finds himself slammed DOWN the hallway towards the far stairwell!!
"***WHAT DARK SORCERY IS THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS...?!?!?!***" he
wails as he slams into a wall, then stumbles down the stairs.

Akane and Ranma slowly part, the latter opening her eyes to allow the
former to gaze on them glowing. "Don't you just hate it when someone tries to
interrupt?" Akane muses.

Ranma's eyes return to normal. "All the time," she hums as she walks
Akane back into the classroom. "Sensei, we're back."

"The problem was dealt with, Ranma-san?" the teacher wonders.

"Hai..."

* * *

Lunchtime...

"U-chan, there you are!!"

Ukyou looks up from her grill, then smiles. "Hey, Ko-chan, Xian-chan,
take a load off your feet! What's the news?!"

"We found a nice place in Block Six for you to rent," Ranko hands over a
brochure. "Turns out, there used to be an okonomiyaki shop there, but the
owner closed down a year ago. All the stoves and everything else are in place,
just waiting for you to move in."

Ukyou flips through the brochure with one hand as the other flips the
okonomiyaki onto Kikuko's plate. "Sounds nice. Rental charge isn't bad.
How'd it look to you and your mom, Ko-chan?"

"It seemed okay. 'Biki gave me a number of a good property appraiser.
He'll check it out this afternoon on the sly, then call in. Once we get the
skinny, we can move in anytime after."

"Even more," Shampoo adds. "Mother-in-law found a contractor to put the
new guest house in. They'll start work today and we can all move in by
tomorrow."

Ukyou blinks. "That's fast!"

"Mother-in-law said that these people are used to very quick rebuilding
jobs," Shampoo augments. "They work for the Mendou Clan over in Tomobiki. The
Mendous are friends with my tribe's allies in this country, the Moroboshis."

"Yeah, I know. The first Nendo-kata school to come here is led by Ataru
Moroboshi's sister Nokoko," Ukyou nods. "Looks like things are clicking in
pretty well...eh?"

Whoops, gasps and cat-calls turn everyone's attention to the cafeteria
doorway, where Ranma and Akane were again getting their lips re-acquainted. To
everyone's delight, a wailing Kunou was screaming for the girls to awaken from
the dark sorcery forcing them in such an unholy union. Try as the kendoist
might to pry them apart, they wouldn't budge. "The dork just has no idea what
he's up against," Ukyou clicks her tongue.

"Hmmm...shall we?" Ranko stares at her fiancee.

"I won't mind, Airen!" Shampoo smiles.

Their lips interlock as nearby students cheer them on, Ukyou and Kikuko
laughing. A glance to another corner sees Nabiki and her friends raking in
money from what bets people made concerning when Ranma and Ranko would become
publicly affectionate with their fiancees. A pained scream then echoes as
Kunou races over to yank Ranko and Shampoo apart. "I will save you, fair
ladies...!!!"

*WHANG!!!!*

"Who's gonna save us from you, jackass?!" Ukyou sighs as she returns to
her grill, Kunou dropping to the floor.

Ranma and Akane walk up, then the former turns to the latter. "Shall I or
do you want to do this?"

"Oh, please, Ranma-sama, may I?" Akane flashes him a "cute as a million
kittens" look.

"Alright."

Akane grabs Kunou, then places him in a position where she could belt him
out of the cafeteria without wrecking something. Drawing Mallet-sama, she
positions herself, then notions for people to get clear. "FORE!!!!" she
screams as she winds up, then sends the insensate kendoist soaring into the
early afternoon sky!

"How far?!" Kikuko wonders.

"Hopefully, Tokyo Bay, if not the Pacific!" Akane stows her mallet, then
sniffs on smelling Ukyou's cooking. "Oh, U-chan, I hope you got a couple of
those ready! We're hungry!!"

"Just a sec', A-chan...eh?!"

Ukyou tenses, squeezing her eyes shut so that nearby onlookers don't see
her eyes glow. "What is it?" Ranko wonders, then feels herself tense as an
unwanted feeling surges through her. "Oh, no...!" she grits her teeth.
"What's HE doing here?!"

"Who?!" Akane wonders.

"Someone who wants Ko-chan's blood, sugar...and Xian-chan in bed to do the
wild thing ASAP!" Ukyou sneers...

...as a section of wall explodes, dousing a dozen students with shattered
concrete and dust. Shampoo spins around, then gasps on seeing the white-robed
figure standing there. "Oh, no...!"

"<<XIAN-PU, THERE YOU ARE!!!!>>" he bellows in Mandarin.

"Um...is that...?" Akane hums.

"Mousse," Ranma nods.

Leaping inside, the raven-haired master of Hidden Weapons lunges over.
"<<Xian-pu, come to my arms!!>>" he swamps someone with an over-affectionate
embrace.

"PERVERT!!!!" Sayuri screams out as she whips out her own mallet and
smashes Mousse into the floor.

Everyone blinks surprisedly. "Shampoo, he sounded like he was after you,"
Hiroshi stares at Shampoo. "Who is this guy?"

"A pain in the you-know-what!" Shampoo draws out a bonbori, then walks
over. "What are you doing here, Mousse?! I thought I left you behind back in
Joketsuzoku!"

Mousse leaps up, then tries another glomp...before Shampoo's bonbori slams
him still. "Shampoo...!" he moans, dropping to the floor again, a big lump on
his head.

"<<Idiot!>>" Shampoo flips to Mandarin. "<<What are you doing here,
Mu-tzu?! You weren't permitted to leave the village!>>"

Mousse moans, then staggers back up. "<<I'm doing what I must,
Xian-pu!>>" he glares lovingly...though Shampoo is quick to sense the flash of
obsessed possessiveness, of lust that no longer acknowledged propriety, in his
eyes...at her. "<<I'm saving you from that alien whore who's been trying to
steal you from me!>>"

Shampoo shudders. "<<I suggest you apologize now, Mu-tzu. Ranko's
standing right behind you.>>"

Mousse blinks, then jolts on feeling the heat of an awesome battle aura
warm him from behind. Shuddering, he turns, squinting to see his foe...as
Ranko's fist connects. "<<ASSHOLE, HANDS OFF MY FIANCEE!!!! SHE DOESN'T
DESERVE TO PUT UP TO YOU!!!!>>"

"<<Xian-pu...!>>" Mousse wails as he flies through an open window out of
the cafeteria.

Whoops echo through the eyewitnesses as Ranko races for the door. "Stay
here!!! I'm gonna kill that creep!!"

Hands grab her by the legs, nearly knocking her down. "No, fair maiden!
Don't give in...!!" Kunou moans.

"HANDS OFF!!!!" Ranko drop-kicks him into the ceiling, then races off to
get her hands on Mousse.

"M-maiden...!" escapes Kunou's lips as gravity pulls him down from the
ceiling, he flopping onto a table to collapse it.

"How'd he recover so fast?!!" Akane demands.

The others sigh. "Geez, and I thought Tsubasa-baka was obsessed?!" Ukyou
shudders, then turns back to her grill. "That guy deserves to get thrown into
the loony bin!"

"Airen, wait for me!" Shampoo screams as she races after her fiancee. "I
can handle that idiot...!!"

* * *

Mousse growls as Ranko charges towards him, preparing himself. He knew
she was an inordinately well-trained martial artist, so beating her would be
difficult. Then again, there were other ways to deal with this alien
seductress, ways that Ranko couldn't so easily defeat. All he had to do was
play his cards right...and Shampoo would be his at last, Ranko cast to hell as
she deserved for interfering in Mousse's quest! As it always should have
been.

"<<FIST OF THE WHITE SWAN!!!!>>" he screams.

Ranko jolts as she senses his ki send forth a very large object her way,
then her fists flash. "***KACHUU TENSHIN AMAGURIKEN!!!!!!***" she screams
out.

Mousse cries out as the machine-gun speed blows shatter his weapons, then
yelps as Ranko dives in for an uppercut to send him stumbling into a nearby
tree. "<<Pathetic as always, Blind Boy!>>" she dances back. "<<When are you
ever going to learn that'll NEVER work on someone like me?!!>>"

"<<Maybe!>>" Mousse snaps, sending a storm of knives her way.

Ranko ducks the attack, focusing her chi to start absorbing the ki energy
Mousse was throwing off. "<<You're afraid of me!>>" the hidden weapons master
snarls. "<<No wonder you fled when I tried to challenge you for Xian-pu's
hand!!>>"

"<<You are SO pathetically stupid!>>" Ranko weaves, inwardly smiling at
his lack of control. Time to coax it to a boil, then let him have a taste of
REAL pain. No wonder Koga Shinura, the last master of the Unseen Light...Ranko
met and befriended the blind martial artist in her brief visit to
Joketsuzoku...never wanted to teach this moron a REAL Art. "<<You're an insult
to your whole tribe, Mu-tzu!! Maybe it's time I did something about it!>>"

"<<Witch!!!>>" he fires off a storm of shuriken.

Another weave. "<<Slowpoke!!>>" Ranko flips over him, then delivers a
swift kick in the back to send him stumbling. "<<I bet your grand-aunt's so
upset at you right now, she'll GLADLY let you face Jusenkyou for forcing
yourself over MY Airen!!>>"

"<<XIAN-PU IS NOT YOURS!!!!>>"

"<<Says who?!!>>"

Mousse stops, staring at Shampoo. "<<Xian-pu!!>>"

"<<You're too late, Mu-tzu! I already gave myself TOTALLY to Airen!!
Body AND soul!>>" Shampoo icily grins. "<<Very soon, Great-grandmother become
great-great-grandmother!>>"

Mousse jolts as that message sinks in, then with a scream, he lunges at
Ranko. "<<YOU DARE DEFLOWER MY XIAN-PU, ALIEN WHORE?!?! DIE, DIE, DIE, DIE,
DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE...!!!!!!>>"

Weapons of all descriptions lash out at the middle Saotome daughter,
causing her to dance and weave as she continues to draw in Mousse's expended ki
energy. The mist forms around her as she tries to focus herself, get enough
to blow the wind out of this moron's sails. Finally, sensing she had enough,
she backflips clear. "<<Time to dance!>>" she cups her hands on target.

"HAVE AT THEE, MONSTER!!!!"

"***FUUYOU NO GEKIDO!!!!***"

Mousse jolts as Ranko's ki blast lashes out, smashing into some idiot
kendoist's chest, sending him spiralling out of the way. "Aw, CRAP!!!!" Ranko
screams, realizing she just blew off a good Wind Dance Fury on the WRONG idiot,
then she yelps as Mousse closes the range, his chi focused and ready.
"Shit...!!"

"<<Now I have you!!! FIST OF THE WHITE SWAN!!!!>>"

Another white child's potty lashes out, belting Ranko in the cheek before
she could react, sending her flying into a tree trunk. The impact causes the
branches to quiver...and an earthen jar to drop out, flipping around as water
douses her! "<<DID IT!!!!>>" Mousse laughs...then blinks as steam and chi
energy seem to mask Ranko for a moment. "<<Wait a minute...!>>"

"<<What did you do?!!>>" Shampoo demands, racing up to grab Mousse by his
robe collar.

"<<I gave that alien water-bitch a taste of her own medicine, Xian-pu!>>"
Mousse crows triumphantly, gently grasping her hand. "<<Water from Jusenkyou!
Let's see how this water-worshipping whore likes having a curse!!>>"

Shampoo blinks, her eyes widening...then she jolts on hearing a confused
but heartwarming voice. "Hey, what's going on here...?"

Both spin around as the steam evaporates...and Ranko stands, soaked but
unharmed! "<<That's not right!!!>>" Mousse screams, faltering. "<<You're
supposed to be cursed, you alien witch!!!>>"

"<<Pity you forgot that we are BORN of the ocean, Lao Mu-tzu. Magic of
THAT nature NEVER works on one of us!>>"

Shampoo and Mousse spin around to see a tall, raven-haired woman standing
five metres away, brown eyes locked on the weapons master. She is dressed in
an orange tunic, black form-fitting trousers with leather shoes, an orange
tiger-striped bandanna wrapped around her head. A tattoo, something like a red
tidal wave, is etched on her left cheek. Beside her now stands someone who
appears to be her own twin brother, this one without a tattoo and with a red
bamboo-like umbrella in hand, now staring lethal daggers at Mousse. "<<Who are
you?!>>" he demands.

"<<So there you've been hiding, huh?!>>" the male of the twins smirks in
heavily accented Mandarin. "<<Running around making more people's lives
miserable just because they won't kowtow to you and your sick dreams?! I may
not like the Saotomes too much, but your clanswoman deserves much better than
the likes of you!>>"

Shampoo blinks, then her eyes widen. Say, wasn't he...?

"<<And who are you to interrupt me?!>>" Mousse snarls.

"<<Let's see how good your memory is, Mu-tzu,>>" the other man smirks.
"<<A little over a month ago, you were busy trying to molest the lady beside
you...while both of you were in the valley of Jusenkyou! Remember that?!>>"

Mousse jolts. "<<I was NOT molesting my love...>>"

"<<Didn't look that way to me, jerk...not to mention her,>>" the other man
nods at Shampoo. "<<In fact, I'd say you were stalking her...just like I said
it a month ago when you caught me by surprise and knocked me into one of the
springs!! Thanks to you, you half-blind slime, I've seen HELL!!! Now you're
trying to do the same thing to someone who's earned Xian's respect and love?!
Time for you to get a taste of your own medicine!!!>>"

"<<We'll see about that!! FIST OF THE WHITE SWAN!!!!>>"

The other man opens his umbrella, then does a sweep with it, the
ultra-sharp edge ripping through Mousse's weapons like they were confetti.
"<<Like playing with sharp toys, huh?!>>" the other smiles, flashing cute
fangs. "<<Let's see if you like MINE, Blind Boy!!>>" he snaps up four of his
bandannas, then lets them fly.

Mousse screams as the bandannas, now as hard as solid steel, lash through
his clothes, knocking him back several paces. Ranko and Shampoo back off as
the newly-arrived warrior slips his umbrella onto his backpack, then
concentrates his chi. To the onlookers' surprise, a green ball of energy forms
between his palms, much brighter than even Ranko's ki attack. As the weapons
master staggers back to his feet, his attacker locks on target.

"***SHISHI HOUKOUDAN!!!!!!***"

Mousse bellows helplessly as the bolt slams into his chest, the impact
sending him flying into the early afternoon sky!! With that, the other warrior
growls, moving to follow...then jolts as a hand touches his shoulder. "Don't,
Onii-san. If you race off like that, I'll loose track of you. You don't want
that, do you?"

He shudders, then sighs, relaxing himself. "Hai, Ryooko."

Shampoo and Ranko stare at them, then the latter notices the tattoo on
Ryooko's cheek. "Elder..." she gasps, then looking around to see that the
crowd of onlookers were far enough away, she approaches her. "Elder, what are
you doing here?!"

Ryooko stares on her. "Ukyou summoned me to meet up with Ryouga-niisan
and help him deal with some of his problems, Ranko-chan. It's alright. He
understands."

Ryouga blinks, then stares at Ranko. "Ranma...?"

"Iie, Ranma-neechan's my sister...EX-brother, that is!" Ranko smiles.
"But I do know of you, Ryouga! Looking good!!"

"I...ah...th-thanks!" Ryouga flusters.

"Oi, Ryouga!! Catch!!"

Ryouga tenses, then sees something fly at him. He snares it out of the
air, then blinks. "Curry bread?"

"Heads up!!"

More packages fly at him. Ryouga snares them all, calling out their
contents. In a moment, the wandering martial artist has a pile of bread
packages in hand. He then notices the person who tossed them at him: a
smiling red-brown haired woman with blue eyes he'd last seen on a boy with
black hair in a pigtail.

"Ranma...?"

"Owed you," Ranma winks at him.

Ryouga stares at her, then the bread in his hands...before a bemused
chuckle escapes him. In a minute, both Ranma and Ryouga are laughing, Ranko
and Ryooko joining in. Shampoo still looks confused. "Airen, I don't
understand. What's going on between your sister and this fellow?" she gazes on
Ranko.

"Oh, it's a long story," Ranko flusters, then gazes on the woman beside
Ryouga. "Ryooko Hibiki, right? C'mon in so we can let Ryouga here have
something to eat and you can meet the others. We got a lot to catch up on."

"So we do," Ryooko muses...

* * *

"<<Oooh...where am I...?>>"

Mousse moans as he slowly picks himself up from the hole he had made in
someone's roof, shaking his head. "<<Gyaa...never thought I'd run into the
Lost Boy here...>>" he grumbles, brushing himself off...then he senses a shadow
over him. "<<Eh...?>>"

He turns to see a very irate woman with a large broom hovering nearby, her
intent plain. "And who's going to pay for the hole you made in my roof?!" she
snarls.

Mousse screams...

* * *

"A bread duel?!!"

Everyone relaxes in the cafeteria. It was study hall for Akane's class,
so they decided to enjoy the time in a more private place. Ryouga was now
snacking on the bread Ranma had given him. "Hai, it was," Ranma blushes,
staring at Akane. "Ryouga always had problems trying to get to the
confectionary stand in time."

"By the time I got there, there was usually one piece of food left,"
Ryouga sighs, inwardly envious of Ranma and the fact that his would-be fiancee
was so beautiful. "Ranma always grabbed it. I...never took it very well,
so..."

"Eventually, Ryouga challenged me to a duel over the whole matter. I was
supposed to meet him at the lot behind his house," Ranma sighs, then gazes on
her friend/rival. "Ryouga, I did wait for three days, you know."

"And I was busy jaunting around half of Japan," Ryouga sighs resignedly.
"By the time I got there, you were gone. So I was off after you, calling you a
coward for ducking out of the fight."

"You don't seem so bothered by it now," Ranko muses.

"Well, thank Ukyou and Ryooko-neesan for that," Ryouga smiles at his
adopted sister. "I met Ukyou just before she Crossed Over. She was just as
obsessed about getting a piece of you as I was, Ranma. But when she Crossed
Over..." a whistle escapes him. "The change was something to behold, I'll tell
you that."

"U-chan, you've never told us what were the circumstances that made you
Cross Over," Ranko stares at her. "What happened?"

"This was because of a jerk who could probably teach Mousse and Kunou
lessons about fanatic loyalty to someone who doesn't love them back," Ukyou
groans. "Tsubasa Kurenai. He's a master of disguise who got into
crossdressing because I was dressing as a boy at the time. He thought it was a
way to win me over. All it did in all honesty was just make me sick to my
stomach."

"He felt I was trying to 'steal' HIS Ukyou-sama," Ryouga adds. "So he
surprised me one night. I lost control, cut loose with a Shishi Houkoudan
(Roaring Lion Bullet), then..."

"I got caught in the explosion," Ukyou winces. "Lucky for me, my Wanderer
half was close by."

"I'd say!" Ranma breathes out.

"Can someone take over for me, please?" Kikuko sighs.

"Relax, sis, I'll handle it," Ranko smiles, then closes her eyes as she
concentrates.

"What are you doing?" Ryouga wonders.

"A second-year student with an obsession towards me, Tatewaki Kunou...who
now thinks Ranma, her sisters and U-chan are possessed by demons who turned
them into lesbians...has been trying to attack us to help them 'be free' of
their lesbianism since they came in," Akane explains. "Is he still by the main
doors, Ranko?"

"Hai, still there. Screaming that some sorcerer is trying to stave the
noble samurai from carrying out his honourable duties!" Ranko smirks. "Oh,
Nabiki's coming in."

"Hello, everyone!" Nabiki walks in through a side door, then turns to the
glass main doors, trying not to laugh as Kunou kept bashing at Ranko's
telekinetic force field. "Geez, this guy's hopeless!" she shakes her head,
then stares at the Hibiki twins. "So who are these two lovely people?"

"Meet my other friend from childhood, Nabiki; Ryouga Hibiki," Ranma
smiles. "And beside him is his newly-adopted sister, Ryooko Hibiki,
Dreamweaver and Elder of the School of Sages."

Nabiki blinks, then her eyes widen, gazing on Ryooko. "You're of the
School of Sages?" She knew that the Sages were seen as the quasi-official
"government" of the Great School. "What on Earth are you doing here, then?"
she stammers.

"As we of the Great School like to say, Nabiki-san, there's a little
Wanderer in all of us," Ryooko smiles. "I...wanted to get away from the Mother
Ocean and do some exploring. That's when Ukyou-chan's summons asking for
someone to help Ryouga-niisan overcome his problems came in. Here I am!"

"I said I'd watch out for Ryouga, 'Biki. Nendo-kata never go back on
their word," Ukyou adds.

"Um...I've got a question," Shampoo hums.

"What is it, Xian?" Ranma wonders.

"What's a 'Dreamweaver?'"

"Ah, I better demonstrate it instead of simply describing it," Ryooko
hums, rising. "Ranko-chan, would you let that fellow outside in? Maybe I can
help him overcome his delusions and seek the right person he'd deserve as a
mate."

"Hai," Ranko nods, relaxing.

A *crash!* of shattered glass draws everyone's attention to the main
cafeteria doors as Kunou surges in. "HAH!!!" he hoists his bokan stick high.
"I, Tatewaki Kunou, the Blue Thunder of Furinkan, have proven my skill over the
unseen monster who has twisted innocent maidens so!!! Now, I shall claim my
reward!!"

He lunges forward...only to get Ryouga's foot into his face. "Hold it,
buddy!" the wanderer snarls. "Who the hell are you to say that some sorcerer's
been messing around with my friends?!"

Kunou staggers back, then glares at Ryouga. "That hurt, you know. How
dare you speak to me so disrespectfully, foul knave?!"

"The only disrespect I see is yours, loudmouth!" Ryouga snarls. "You
butted in on a private duel between my friend Ranko Saotome and that asshole
Mousse. From what I saw of her Fuuyou no Gekido, it's a damn wonder she didn't
kill you!"

The kendoist pauses. "It seems that, despite your obviously low birth,
you are showing signs of properly acknowledging your betters," he hums. "Do
you seek to challenge me?"

"Buster, you're more arrogant than anyone I've EVER met...and lower than
the dirt under my shoes!" Ryouga sneers. "Maybe it's time for you to see the
world as it REALLY is...right, Onee-san?"

"Agreed," Ryooko rises, her eyes suddenly glowing.

"Wha...?" Kunou jolts, then blinks as soft sniffling is heard from behind
him. "Who...?"

"Mariko-san, it's alright!"

Everyone gasps as Kunou turns around...to see a woman in a cheerleader's
outfit on her knees, weeping uncontrollably. A friend in the same uniform
kneels beside her supportively. The kendoist blinks, then pales.
"Mariko-san..."

"It's alright, Mariko-san!" the other cheerleader soothes. "He just
hasn't noticed you yet, that's all...!"

"It's not true...T-R-U-E!!!" Mariko chants, trying to be calm. "Kunou-san
hates...H-A-T-E-S...me! All he has eyes...E-Y-E-S...for is that
Tendou...T-E-N-D-O-U...girl!"

Watching this, the kendoist in question tries to shake his head.
"No...she...she can't...!" he stammers.

"She can, Tatewaki-san...and she does."

The image before Kunou fades, then he spins around to gaze at Ryooko.
"So...you are the one...?" he snarls.

"Who just showed you the path to the one who truly loves you,
Tatewaki-san," Ryooko calmly replies.

That stops him short. "Wh-what...?"

"Everyone in the Cosmic Chain of Life, Tatewaki-san, has a kindred soul
linked to them," Ryooko lightly smiles. "You believe a little red string ties
your little finger to the one special person you are destined to become
life-mates with. Mariko Konjou is the one destined for you, Tatewaki Kunou. I
have the gift to understand a person's dreams and destiny. Know that Mariko
watches you from afar. Know that every time you act to pursue those who do not
desire to have anything with you...you drive a knife straight into the heart
of someone who does. If you drive it too far...then you will have an innocent
woman's blood on your hand. What then, my friend, will your honour mean if
that happens?"

Kunou wordlessly withdraws. The others watch him go, then stare at
Ryooko. "Ryooko-san, did you hypnotize him?" Akane asks.

"No, Akane," Nabiki shakes her head. "All Ryooko really did was reach out
telepathically to seek the person who loves Kunou-chan the most, then revealed
it to him. It's like getting splashed with cold water to wake you up or shake
you back to reality. I guess Kunou-chan's gonna have some things to think of
for the next while. That was pretty intense."

Ryooko nods. "He flees from reality, believing it too harsh for him to
endure. I simply showed him that reality isn't so bad when he gives it a
chance. At least, it'll make him think about his actions from now on. To this
point, he believes he is totally innocent of any 'wrongdoing,' that no matter
what other people say, he can stay the course he set for himself. Now he knows
his actions could potentially have grave consequences to an innocent
person...and I doubt it'll sit very well with him."

"Well, he's been asking for it one way or another," Ranma crosses her
arms. "Besides, that Mariko girl seems pretty nice. And if she's willing to
tolerate someone like him..."

"More peace for us," Akane finishes.

Everyone laughs...

* * *