[Ranma/Darkstalkers][FanFic] Life and Times - Special 1: A Match Made in Hell

Donny Cheng

Dec 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/15/97

Disclaimer: All characters portrayed in this story are owned by their
respective creators and companies. I don't own any of them. Please
don't sue me.

This story draws ideas from the manga and anime of all the series
involved and happens at the end of each one. The Darkstalkers portion
came mostly from my mind and the ending scenes for finishing the game.

This is special number one of my crossover series, Life and Times.
This takes place after part 5 of that series.

C & C welcomed. Flames not.

A Ranma and Darkstalkers crossover with many cameo appearances from the
previous series.

A Match Made in Hell

By

Donny Cheng

Morrigan rested her chin in her hand as she stared long and
hard at the sleeping male in front of her. It was such a rare sight
these days to see such an innocent man. Well, she would take care of
that problem tonight.

"I don't think you should be doing that now." The door opened
to reveal a certain platinum hair goddess.

"Erk! Urd! What are you doing here?"

"I live here."

"What? You mean this guy is yours? I thought for sure he was
as virginal as a mortal can be."

"Actually my OTHER two sisters live here too."

Morrigan reeled back in shock. "Belldanday's here!? You mean
this guy is her's." Suddenly, the cute sleeping guy lost all his
appeal on her. She had only seen Belldandy mad once and once was
enough to tell her to back off.

"Yeah. You know that infatuation of hers with a little boy
from earth? Well, that's him."

"So, she finally snared her knight in shining armor. How about
you Urd? I seem to recall another goddess who liked a mortal so much
that she gave a part of her soul to him." Morrigan said teasingly to
Urd.

Urd cheek's colored lightly. "I don't know what your talking
about. That boy was just eight years old at the time. It was more
motherly instinct than anything else."

Morrigan noticed the faltering in Urd's usually confident
voice. Something was up with her long time rival. "That was over
eight years ago. He should be sixteen right now and you're physically
only twenty-four. I happen to know for a fact that some boys like
older woman."

Urd refused to be baited by that infernal succubus. "Believe
what you will, but I haven't seen him and I won't try to find him. I
don't have time to go look after some snotty little young pup."

Hehehe, Morrigan laughed inwardly. Urd never could lie very
well. Being a goddess had certain disadvantages. The Almighty was
going to have a field day with that blatant one. "Whatever. Well
there's nothing for me to do here anymore. I guess I'll see you later,
Urd." She then vanished as she phased through the wall. She would
find out who Urd was being so secretive about if it was the last thing
she did.

"Danm!" Urd swore. The little slut was going to find about
her Ranma. When Morrigan was interested in a male, nothing could stop
her (other than Belldandy).

<Ring> <Ring>

Urd bigsweated. It had to be the Almighty. Let's see now,
blatant lying and swearing in succession. She was in it deep this
time.

* * * * *

Koenma paced nervously around the office. If Enma Daio were to
find out that someone hacked into the computer and stole information on
all the people of the human world, Koenma was sure to have an aching
butt tomorrow. Well, he would just have to make sure that his father
didn't find out. Luckily, he had multiple back-up copies of the
information. The only thing that bothered him was who could have
stolen it and why? It may be a good idea for him to ask Yusuke and the
others for help.

* * * * *

Morrigan sat on her throne as she looked over the pictures her
servants had stolen from Koenma for her. A person that could interest
Urd had to be exceptional. The boys in the pictures in front of her
all held within them a power level higher than that of a normal human.
She glanced at the pictures one by one.

Chiba Mamoru: He was quite handsome, but was too old to be the one Urd
was interested in.

Urameshi Yusuke: Half-demon, S-class, and helped Koenma once in a
while. Definitely someone Urd would like. Too bad he was married.
So, that ruled him out.

Misaki Tenchi: Half-alien, could destroy this solar system if he could
control his power and of the right age. She had already tried to visit
him before but some woman by the name of Tsunami appeared in front of
her and told her under no circumstance would the boy be messed with.
Morrigan had prudently decided to leave. Goddesses of immense powers
generally don't mix well with her. Urd would probably think the same
thing.

Now this was where it became interesting. The next batch of
photos showed various martial artists in them. Most of them resided in
Nerima with some all over China. All of these males were near the age
of sixteen. However, there was one picture in particular, which
interested her. The boy in question did not have a listing for his
death, just like the other boys she had previewed earlier. Under the
time of death heading was the word 'undetermined' for all four of them.
It looked like this was one boy that stood a chance of being Urd's
object of affection.

* * * * *

"Hmmm." Morrigan examined the boy, currently snoring loud
enough to wake the dead. She had to admit Urd had pretty good taste.
She couldn't wait to see the look on the goddess's face when she stole
Ranma from her. Now, to see who this boy's fantasy woman was. It was
a simple matter of taking the form of the fantasy woman and then seduce
the boy with it.

What the hell was going on here? Morrigan cursed as she
telepathically tried to probe Ranma's mind for the woman of his dreams.
This guy had four suitors after him? Also, he seemed to be on a
friendly if not romantic basis with many more. Urd was one of the
girls that held a place within his mind. That proved that this was the
mortal that Urd felt something for. Urd chose well. This guy's love
life must have been the answer to the self claimed goddess of love's
prayers. She tried to probe deeper to see who Ranma liked the most out
of all the girls.

"Arrgh!" The farther she had delved into the boy's soul the
more resistance she had felt. It had finally gotten to the point where
it had been strong enough to give her a mental backlash. Whoever the
guy liked, he was in too deep a denial to ever tell the girl. It
looked like she would have to do this the hard way. She would just
have to go to him in the form of each and every girl he knows and
likes. It would take longer than a night. With that though in mind,
she gently picked Ranma up and phased out.

* * * * *

Usagi ran up the stairs of the temple as fast as she could. By
the time she got to the top, she was out of breath. The rest of the
senshi were already inside. Walking in, she noticed that her friends
all had worried expressions on their faces. They knew. Cousin Ranma
had been kidnapped.

* * * * *

"What the...?" Tenchi stared at the television screen in
shock. The news was currently reporting on a kidnapping of a well
known martial artist, Saotome Ranma. "Cousin Ranma has been kidnapped?
We have to find out what happened."

"Yeah. We just have to find him. How else will I fulfil my
dream of marrying the both of them." Ryoko muttered under her breath.

Tenchi bigsweated. "Uh... Ryoko you said that out loud."

"Oh, I know. Like I could ever hide anything from you Tenchi."
Ryoko slowly floated over to Tenchi. She was flying horizontally and
giving him a full view of her assets, emphasizing exactly what she
meant.

Aeka immediately went ballistic. "You little tramp!" Chaos
ensued soon after.

* * * * *

Yusuke put down the wok and looked at Botan's anxious
expression. "Another enemy has appeared?"

"As you knew during that last tournament, the previous three
lords of Makai were not the only ones that held an enormously high S
power level. Some powerful beings chose to live an anonymous life in
Makai. On the boundaries of Makai, up until recently, a very strong
demon ruled that part of the realm with an iron fist. He didn't get in
the way of the three lords and they didn't get into his way. This was
mostly because none of the three wanted to rule over such a lousy
place. However, something had happened there. We surmised that the
demon was now dead and nobody is taking charge. His heir apparent has
chosen not to take the reigns of command. Because of that, we had
thought the heir to be harmless, but a recent event seems to rule
otherwise."

"The kidnapping of that martial artist?"

"Um... Yeah."

Yusuke would have to have been blind to not notice the crimson
color Botan's face was turning into. He smirked at her expression.
"So, this martial artist that's been kidnapped. He wouldn't happen to
be anyone special would he?"

"No, nobody special at all. This is purely business, nothing
more."

"Sure, Botan. Whatever, you say."

* * * * *

Nuku Nuku sped down the street on her bicycle towards Nerima.
Ranma was in trouble and that was all she needed to know.

* * * * *

Dimitri was deep in thought as he watched the events of the
world through the television (what a great invention man had devised).
For a hundred years, he had been trapped on this blasted mortal plane.
Now that he was free once again to roam about the night, he finds that
the three lords of Makai were already disbanded. That wench Muruko
ruled now and held an incredible amount of strength within her. It
would take a while before he could regain the power he lost while
dormant. After that, it would be just a matter of time for him to gain
more power and defeat her. Meanwhile, he would be content with trying
to rule the outskirts of Makai. After the darkstalkers' tournament,
only Morrigan now stood in his way.

<click>

He shut the television off. Nothing was on. A martial artist
that had been kidnapped was not important to him. He had more
important things to take care of at the moment. Morrigan's power would
soon be his.

* * * * *

"Oh, Ranma?" Urd's seductive voice called out to Ranma as he
woke up.

"Urd? What are you doing here? You look different today.
Change your hair style of something?" He yawned and rubbed his eyes to
shake the effects of a nice long sleep.

Morrigan was shocked as she looked at Ranma. Here she was,
wearing a dress that did nothing to conceal her current form's luscious
curves and the boy barely even noticed she was alive. Maybe if she
tried a little harder. "No, Ranma. Why don't you look a little
closer? I just bought this new dress and I wanted your opinion of it."
She twirled slowly around in front of him, giving him quite view. The
hem of her short dress flared slightly, showing just a bit of panty.
Of course, she did this just short of a foot from Ranma's eyes. That
had the proper affect.

"You're not Urd." Ranma managed to gasp out as he held his
nose to stop the flow of blood.

Damn, Morrigan cursed as she heard Ranma's accusation. She
reverted back to her normal form. "How did you figure it out? I was
sure I had her mannerisms down pat."

"I have a special bond with her. I always know when she is
near me. Who are you and what are you doing in my room." Ranma looked
curiously at the green haired girl in front of him.

"Actually, Ranma my dear boy, you are not in your room. You
are in my castle in Makai at the moment. The reason I have taken you
here is that I'm interested in you. A boy who has stolen the heart of
a goddess must be very special. I plan to take your innocence before
she does. I can do this forcefully, but I would rather have your full
cooperation. It's just more fun that way." Morrigan smirked as she
saw Ranma's blush at the mentioning of his losing his virginity.

"There is no way you're going to force me to do what you want.
I don't like to hit girls, so I'll just break my way out." Ranma
quickly leapt off the bed at went towards one of the walls. With all
of his strength, he punched at it. Nothing happened.

"Did I forget to mention that the entire room is magically
protected from harm?" Morrigan laughed out loud as she materialized
out of the room. "I'll be back later Ranma." The boy would crack very
soon, especially one at his age. Hormones and teenagers, what a
wonderful concept.

* * * * *

Akane, Kodachi, Shampoo, and Ukyo sat in the Tendo Dojo living
room, which had become a sort of battle room for all the uninvited
guests. They glared at each of the girls that showed up claiming
interest in Ranma's welfare.

Mousse, Ryoga, and Kuno fumed at Ranma's infidelity.

Meanwhile, the senshi all looked at Usagi with worry. Their
usually nice princess was having quite an argument with that Tenchi
boy.

Ryoko and the rest of Tenchi's entourage looked at him with
worry. Their usually nice prince was arguing with that Usagi girl.

"He's going to visit me when we save him." Tenchi glowered at
his female cousin.

"No, he isn't. Don't try to hide it. I heard he visited you
last, so that means it's my turn." Ranma's training trip when he was
growing up had meant that he could only stay in one place for a short
period of time. Since nobody knew when Genma would show up, it was
hard for Usagi and Tenchi to see Ranma all together. It ended up with
Genma changing the route of the journey so that Ranma meet his cousins
in alternating intervals every few years. This made for a rivalry for
Ranma's company and often one would refuse to tell the other that Ranma
was visiting so that he or she could get his undivided attention.

Just then, a bike broke through the wall of the living room.
"Nuku Nuku wants to help look for Ranma."

Akane, Kodachi, and Ukyo looked at Shampoo. They then looked
at Nuku Nuku. Too weird.

"So, Botan is this where your boy friend lives?" Kuwabara
asked Botan as their group stepped through the hole in the wall.

"What!?" The females in the room turned to look at the spirit
currently in human form.

Nodoka took a sip of her tea. She was quite happy, despite her
son missing. All this was just proof that her son was a manly man.
She briefly wondered if she could marry her son off to all the girls
when he came back.

* * * * *

Morrigan was starting to get frustrated as changed back to her
original form from that of a girl named Kodachi. The boy turned her
down again and she was fast running out of girl forms to turn into.
Was this guy gay? A sixteen year old boy with so many girls willing to
throw themselves at him and he didn't even care. No, Morrigan was sure
of it. The boy did dream of a few fantasies and a lot of them featured
the girl whose form she had just used. This guy was a normal growing
boy with normal needs. However, he was martial artist first and he
could control every urge with that powerful will of his if he needed
to.

It was then that Morrigan finally came up with the solution.
It was so simple. Instead of digging deep into Ranma's mind for his
perfect girl, she should search the thoughts that pervade at the top of
his mind. The girl that he unconsciously thinks about all the time.

* * * * *

Fade in...

"Mother!" Ranma gasped out his mother's name as he hugged her
to him. Finally, after all this time. He hoped that she did not
notice the tears that threatened to flow from his eyes. He doubted
that she would find that very manly.

However, Nodoka's own eyes were blurred with tears. She has
reunited with her son again for the first time in ten years.

Fade out...

* * * * *

I think that this will be all for the night, Morrigan thought
to herself. Her face was flush with embarrassment and guilt. If there
was one thing she couldn't handle, it was the maternal love between a
mother and son. It turned her off faster than anything else did.
Tomorrow would be a better time anyway, after Ranma is well rested and
his stamina is at his peak. Somehow, Morrigan couldn't convince
herself that was the only reason for not going further. She thought
back to the boy's dream and had to say it was the sweetest thing she
had seen in many years.

* * * * *

"Stop it, Luna. He can't be evil, just look how gorgeous he
is." Minako had hearts in eyes while she watched the red haired,
bishonen man. Rei and Makoto were also quite out of it as they
followed Minako's lead.

"How is that a reason Mina-chan? Besides, I think he and that
man called Hiei are... you know..." Ami reddened and refused to finish
that sentence.

The girls' heads dropped after hearing Ami's assessment. After
a moment of self-pity, Minako raised her head high and held her fist up
in the air in a righteous manner. "I understand now. Kurama was just
a test against my resolve for Ranma. I should not have been swayed by
mere physical beauty. Ranma is my one and only and I will not let
anything stand in my way to save him."

"Hear, hear!" Rei and Makoto raised their arms to Minako's.

Ami and the rest of the senshi prudently decided to walk away.

Usagi and Tenchi were hunched over a calendar arguing over the
visitation rights.

Washu eyes gleamed as she examined Nuku Nuku from head to toe.
The improvements she could make made her tingle with exitement.

The goddesses Urd, Belldandy, and Skuld glanced warily at
Yusuke, Kuruma, and Hiei. The evil power they felt in those three was
enormous but fortunately, they sensed no malicious intent.

Finally, after everyone has gotten to know each other,
Belldandy got everyone to focus on her. "I think that I may know where
Ranma was taken. A long time rival of my sister, Urd, showed up at our
doorstep a couple of days ago. She and Urd have been trying to gain an
advantage over each other for a long time now and I fear she may have
taken Ranma to get one over her. I know that I can't stop any of you
from trying to get there, so me and my sisters have decided to take you
all with us. I know that all of you can take care of yourselves, but
we still want you to be careful."

Everyone looked at each other with determination. They were
ready.

* * * * *

"Come out, Lilith." Morrigan called out the other half of her
soul.

The diminutive succubus leapt out from within Morrigan's body.
"What do you want sister?"

"It's you isn't it? You're the one who's making me feel guilty
about my actions all of a sudden. I've never had a problem with men
before you joined me."

"Morrigan, you forget who you're talking to here. I am the
darkness of your soul. Our merging of our souls has given you more of
an appreciation for the night and all things dark. Before I joined
with you, your actions with men could only be considered as mischievous
at best. The natural goodness that resides in your half of the soul is
only now emerging perhaps to counter the evil in mine." Lilith
breathed a sigh of relief. Morrigan seemed to believe her. Hey, evil
incarnate once had a very nice mother too.

* * * * *

"Morrigan, what did you do that for?" Ranma-chan sputtered.

Morrigan looked at the empty glass in her hand. "A Jusenkyo
curse, who would have thought. Urd really has chosen well."

"What do you mean be that?"

"Oh! Didn't you know that Urd has a fling with a woman once in
a while. I myself have been in her arms a couple of times. Let me
tell you the things..." Morrigan stared in disbelief at Ranma's
totally red face and the small trickle of blood that came from his
nose. She paraded semi-nude in front of him and threw herself at him
every chance she got and the boy only rarely reacted. His girl form
must have made him all but immune to the sight of female flesh. She
made one little suggestive statement and this happened. The boy's
naivete was just too cute.

* * * * *

Ranma didn't know what to make of Morrigan. She finally let
him out of the room, but told him that since they were in Makai anyway,
he would not be able to get home. She was being awfully nice to him
for a kidnapper.

"What's wrong, Ranma? Not hungry?" Morrigan called out from
across the long dinner table.

"Why don't you let me go? You know I'll never give in."

Why didn't she let him go, Morrigan wondered? She knew now
that the only way she would get Ranma's innocence was to take it
forcefully. Maybe it was because she enjoyed his company.

"Am I disturbing anything?" A deep voice reverberated in the
air above the dinning room.

"Dimitri!" Morrigan cursed. She had been so caught up with
trying to bed Ranma that she forgot all about be wary of the vampire.
Suddenly she felt herself being knocked over. It was Ranma.

Damn it. Who was that boy? Dimitri's hands still glowed from
the blast he had thrown intended for the succubus.

Idiot. Now, why did he have to go and to that? Morrigan
slowly rolled him off of her. Her eyes flared, as she looked at
Dimitri with hatred. "Really now, Dimitri. Ruining my date is
something that I can not tolerate very well. I don't suppose that you
know of my increase in power. Here, let me demonstrate." Morrigan's
hands glowed in with dark energy. Her merging with Lilith made her
stronger than she had ever been.

Dimitri's body hurled across the room and slammed against the
wall from the blast that came from Morrigan's hands. He fell instantly
unconscious. His last thoughts were of how Morrigan could have gotten
so strong.

Morrigan turned to look at Ranma, who was already staggering to
get up. The boy was strong for one at his age and would probably get
better still. Her first impulse was to grab him into a fierce hug.

"Oww!" The mixture of pleasure and pain, Ranma felt was
indescribable.

"Sorry, I forgot about your back being hit."

"Who was that guy? His attack was on par with one of Ryoga's
shi shi hokodans."

"Well, who told you to jump in front of me anyway. I could
have taken his attack without too much trouble."

"Well, you're a girl and I didn't want you to get hurt."

"That's a sexist remark coming from someone who's half-girl."
Truth to tell, Morrigan felt that it was kind of Ranma to try and save
her. She couldn't understand the boy at times. She was his kidnapper
and he acted like that didn't even matter.

"Hey, I'm a guy." Ranma was relieved. Friendly banter was the
only way he could express himself. He didn't want to go right out and
say that he had been a little worried for his kidnapper. She hadn't
really done anything mean to him during his stay.

"Well, you're no good to me in this condition. I guess I will
have to take you home and wait till you get better." Morrigan touched
Ranma and the both of them vanished.

* * * * *

"Sailor Mercury!"

"Sailor Mars!"

"Sailor Jupiter!"

"Sailor Venus!"

"Sailor Uranus!"

"Sailor Neptune!"

"Sailor Saturn!"

"I am Sailor Moon. In the name of the moon, we will punish
you!"

Urd and Belldandy readied a ball of energy in her hands. Skuld
held a bomb in each hand.

Tenchi and the others were in full Jurain battle armor. Ryoko
held an energy sword in one hand. Washu brought out her dimensional
computer and started to type.

Yusuke concentrated his rei to his finger. Kuwabara held his
rei sword in his hand. Kuruma brought out his rose whip. Hiei put his
hand on the hilt of his sword.

Nuku Nuku's ears popped up.

Akane and the rest of the Nerima residents got into their
battle stances with blue aura visibly surrounding them.

Dimitri bigsweated as he looked at the assortment on fighters.
He was in deep trouble.

* * * * *

Morrigan slipped Ranma into his bed as quietly as she had taken
him out of it. "Good night, Ranma. I'll see you again later."

Ranma snored. He had already fallen asleep.

Jerk! At least he could have tried to stay awake a little
longer and said good bye. However, Morrigan could not stay mad for
long as she lost herself in Ranma's face. So innocent. She and Urd
always did have similar tastes in men.

* * * * *

Way in the future...

"Hmmm..." Ranma was visiting Makai again. Morrigan could
sense his presence.

"I think I will go and see him." Lilith emerged from
Morrigan's body. Morrigan's influence now gave her an older appearance
and she now looked exactly like her sister. Without another word she
vanished.

"Hey! Wait up for me." Morrigan grinned as she wondered
whether Lilith knew that Botan was with Ranma. Maybe Botan wouldn't
mind sharing.

* * * * *

The End. (maybe)