Quotes2

R. Aileen Yingst

Aug 27, 1990, 9:27:16 PM8/27/90
.....and one of the best quotes ever (and one that my mac uses quite often):

"Nice girl, but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice."
--Foghorn Leghorn

8) aileen

--
|R. Aileen Yingst Dartmouth College Class of 1991|
| Internet:R.Ailee...@dartmouth.edu UUCP: ...!eleazar!aileen |

Mike Skrydlak

Aug 28, 1990, 3:30:34 PM8/28/90
In article <23...@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> ail...@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (The lovely & talented R. Aileen Yingst) writes:
>.....and one of the best quotes ever (and one that my mac uses quite often):
> "Nice girl, but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice."
> --Foghorn Leghorn

" I say - that's a joke, son !! " --FogHorn LegHorn

ps: Isn't FogHorn a take-off from "Senator Claghorn" - the old radio character ?

Was Claghorn from Amos 'n Andy ? I remember this from a previous life, so
it's somewhat hazy. I think Shirley Maclaine has this problem too. ;-)

Lord of the Realms

Aug 28, 1990, 6:49:55 PM8/28/90
In article <23...@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> ail...@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (R. Aileen Yingst) writes:
> "Nice girl, but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice."

It's not the best in my book but it's in the top ten.

Although, I really don't have a "best" quote that I can think of right now.

Ken

Ralph Capasso

Aug 29, 1990, 11:00:29 AM8/29/90
>>.....and one of the best quotes ever (and one that my mac uses quite often):
>> "Nice girl, but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice."
>> --Foghorn Leghorn
>
> " I say - that's a joke, son !! " --FogHorn LegHorn

Just thought I'd throw in my $.02 (and my personal fav FogHorn quotes):

Addressed to the dog:

"That dog's about as sharp as a bowlin' ball"

After he used the trick bone on the dog:

"Almost hated to spring that one on that bonehead."
"Wait a minute"
"Spring...Bone - Ah made a funny."

To eggbert Jr. while teaching the fine art of rainmaking:

"you call that a storm boy, where's the thunder and lightnin' ??"
<< crash >>
"I hadda ask, I hadda ask!"

These next two are with respect to Prissy, mother hen of Eggbert:

"That girl reminds me of Paul Revere's ride -- a little light in the belfry."

...and my all-time favorite Foggie:

"That girl reminds me of the highway between Ft.Worth and Dallas -- no curves."

Ralph V. Capasso
Harris Computer Systems "Gotta be a magician to keep a kid's
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309 attention for more than 2 minutes these days."
ral...@ssd.csd.harris.com -you know who

Matthew J. Conway

Aug 30, 1990, 5:07:16 PM8/30/90
In article <8...@travis.csd.harris.com>, ral...@SSD.CSD.HARRIS.COM (Ralph

Capasso) writes:

|>> " I say - that's a joke, son !! " --FogHorn LegHorn
|>>

|>Just thought I'd throw in my $.02 (and my personal fav FogHorn quotes):
|>

|>Addressed to the dog:
|>
|>"That dog's about as sharp as a bowlin' ball"
|>
|>After he used the trick bone on the dog:
|>
|>"Almost hated to spring that one on that bonehead."
|>"Wait a minute"
|>"Spring...Bone - Ah made a funny."
|>
|>To eggbert Jr. while teaching the fine art of rainmaking:
|>
|>"you call that a storm boy, where's the thunder and lightnin' ??"
|> << crash >>
|>"I hadda ask, I hadda ask!"
|>
|>These next two are with respect to Prissy, mother hen of Eggbert:
|>
|>"That girl reminds me of Paul Revere's ride -- a little light in the belfry."
|>
|>...and my all-time favorite Foggie:
|>
|>"That girl reminds me of the highway between Ft.Worth and Dallas -- no
curves."

Or again to eggbert after a particularly bad pun:
"Yer built too low, son...the fast ones go over yer head!"

Big sigs are a bad thing. University of Virginia
Matthew J Conway Graduate Computer Science
Charlottesville, VA 22901

The fozman

Aug 31, 1990, 1:24:54 PM8/31/90
From article <1990Aug30....@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>, by mj...@chaos.cs.Virginia.EDU (Matthew J. Conway):

> ...and one of the best quotes ever (and one that my mac uses
> quite often):
> "Nice girl, but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice."
> --Foghorn Leghorn
>
> " I say - that's a joke, son !! " --FogHorn LegHorn
>
>Just thought I'd throw in my $.02 (and my personal fav FogHorn quotes):
>
>Addressed to the dog:
>
>"That dog's about as sharp as a bowlin' ball"
>
>After he used the trick bone on the dog:
>
>"Almost hated to spring that one on that bonehead."
>"Wait a minute"
>"Spring...Bone - Ah made a funny."
>
>To eggbert Jr. while teaching the fine art of rainmaking:
>
>"you call that a storm boy, where's the thunder and lightnin' ??"
> << crash >>
>"I hadda ask, I hadda ask!"
>
>These next two are with respect to Prissy, mother hen of Eggbert:
>
>"That girl reminds me of Paul Revere's ride -- a little light in the belfry."
>
>...and my all-time favorite Foggie:
>
>"That girl reminds me of the highway between Ft.Worth and Dallas -- no
> curves."
>
> Or again to eggbert after a particularly bad pun:
> "Yer built too low, son...the fast ones go over yer head!"

Or the one with the cat and the chicken hawk:
"I need air, son, my lungs crave air!"

Bill

NETO...@ncsuvm.ncsu.edu

Aug 31, 1990, 11:17:56 AM8/31/90
Another Classic Quote:

"Which way did he go? Which way did he go?" -- Lenny, Sylvester's big friend in
another of the Baby Kangaroo
Shorts.

"But I'm a 'toon. 'Toons are supposed to ... make ... people .... laugh"
-- Roger Rabbit.

Woody Muller

Aug 31, 1990, 7:35:38 PM8/31/90
Bugs Bunny to a hapless lion, currently caged:

"Iron bars do not a prison make, but they sure _help_, eh Doc?"

--
Woody Muller, at the Wolves Den

FoGo

Sep 3, 1990, 3:12:19 AM9/3/90
"OH, BOY! MY VERY OWN BUN-NY RAB-BIT! I WILL HUG HIM AND LOVE HIM AND KISS
HIM AND SQUEEZE HIM AND CALL HIM GEORGE!" --the Abominable Snowman

"I want your brain. Hmm... it's a bit small, but it will have to do."

"Mm, well now, I wouldn't say THAT..."

"Wile E. Coyote. Suuuper Geeenius!" (sure, it's been mentioned, but it
bears repeating)

"Bric-a brac-a firecracka' sis-boom-bah! Bugs Bunny, Bugs Bunny, rah rah
rah!"

And any hard-core Fleischer-era Popeye fan will appreciate the value of:

"Oh, yeah?!"

[==FoGo==] ran...@portia.stanford.edu
"What?! TWO Godzillas?!"

Steve Hideg (Mr. Fabulous)

Sep 4, 1990, 10:12:31 AM9/4/90
In article <1990Sep3.0...@portia.Stanford.EDU>
ran...@portia.stanford.edu (FoGo) write
s:

> "I want your brain. Hmm... it's a bit small, but it will have to do."

"A wee bit small...but it will have to do."

----
"Now be a cooperative little rabbit, and let me have your brain."

____________________________________
Steve Hideg (N8HSC)

hi...@spsd4330a.erim.org

R'ykandar Korra'ti

Sep 5, 1990, 4:00:22 PM9/5/90
[]
I'm amazed that I haven't seen this one; for some reason, it has always
been one of my favourites:

"What for you try to bury me in the cold cold ground?"
- The Tazmanian Devil.

I'm not sure why I like this one - it may just be the way he delivers
it. It's perfect.

- R'ykandar.
--
R'ykandar Korra'ti | Editor, LOW ORBIT Science and Fiction
"They've got to sing 'The Time Warp' to WHAT?!?!" - Kermit, in TRHMS.

Ben Scott

Sep 5, 1990, 5:15:06 AM9/5/90
In article <1990Sep3.0...@portia.Stanford.EDU> ran...@portia.stanford.edu (Forrest Gotshalk) writes:
>"OH, BOY! MY VERY OWN BUN-NY RAB-BIT! I WILL HUG HIM AND LOVE HIM AND KISS
>HIM AND SQUEEZE HIM AND CALL HIM GEORGE!" --the Abominable Snowman

And a personal favorite from that classic:

"Gosh it's hot..."

Much repeated by me a few years ago when I had strep throat during recovery
from oral surgery and had to attend a state academic competition (I was on
two separate prescriptions of penicillin alone but still placed 9th).

But on to more quotes:

"Pleased to meet ya I'm sure... howdi-do... hiya... howdi-do... hello!
Howdi do... it's a pleasure... howdi-do... hello" - Little John

"Caught crimson-fisted!" - Sheriff of Nottingham

And on a somewhat longer note:

"Royal ground? You mean to say that dis ground here is better dan dat
ground over dere?"

"Yes, it is."

"Oh, I don't know. Now you take this piece of ground over here; now
here's a nice piece of property - level, fruit trees, choice view,
improvements already in... eh, what type of house was ya plannin'?"

"Well, I, uh, sorta had a six-room Tudor in mind..."

"Den dis is just the place for you. And it's priced JUST right. But,
uh, first, uh - are you a veteran?"

"Why, no, I'm... uh.."

"Good! Then it'll be easy!"

(shortly followed six months later by "I hateth myself! I do! I do!")

. <<<<Infinite K>>>>

--
.---------------------------------------------------------------------------.
|Ben Scott, professional goof-off and consultant at The Raster Image, Denver|

Danno

Sep 5, 1990, 10:07:36 AM9/5/90
mj...@chaos.cs.Virginia.EDU (Matthew J. Conway) writes of Foghorn Leghorn:

>Or again to eggbert after a particularly bad pun:
>"Yer built too low, son...the fast ones go over yer head!"

The full quote (this cartoon is one that I watch a lot; it's on
the Foghorn Leghorn tape in the Golden Jubilee collection):

"That Rhode Island Red turned white! Then blue! Rhode Island,
red, white, and blue! That's a joke, son! A flag waver! You're
built too low! The fast ones go over your head! You've got a
hole in your glove! I keep pitchin' 'em and you keep missin' 'em!"

This sequence has some great perspective shots of Foggy leaning
in to Henery as he says "...red, white, and blue!". The tape has
a lot of Robert McKimson's better cartoons (compare them to his really
weak Daffy Duck efforts on "Daffy Duck's Madcap Mania", in Warner
Bros. Cartoon Cavalcade series).

>Big sigs are a bad thing. University of Virginia
>Matthew J Conway Graduate Computer Science

Hope I'm under the limit... =)

Ciao,
Danno
--
|| That's "Danno." Not Dino, Drano, or Don Ho. || "Darn, that's the end." ||
||=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=||

Jeff Meyer

Sep 6, 1990, 8:21:41 PM9/6/90
A few choice ones from my private files:

"Would I turn on the gas
if my pal Mugsy were in
there?"
"You might, rabbit, you
might!"
----
"Consequences, Schmonsequences, as long as I'm
rich."
----
"And do you think (fop that I am) that I could be
the Scarlet Pumpernickel?"
----
"Now I've got the bead on you with MY
disintegrating gun. And when it disintegrates, it
disintegrates. [pulls trigger] Well, what you do
know... it disintegrated."
----
"You tweachewous miscweant!"

"in the dead of the night, a shimmering light
gleam of the blade, and the devil is paid
when the axe comes down, a chiwwing sound
blade hits the head, another wabbit's dead

i'm a rabbit swayer, a guitar pwayer
with a nasty habit...kill da wabbit!
kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit
hehehehehehehehe..."
-- "Ozzy Fudd, Rabbit Killer",
Marc McCullen

Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET: mori...@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP: {uw-beaver, sun, microsoft, hplsla, uiucuxc}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO: You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...

Tim Bowser

Sep 11, 1990, 7:30:49 PM9/11/90
da...@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Danno) writes:

>Hope I'm under the limit... =)

>Ciao,
>Danno
>--
>|| That's "Danno." Not Dino, Drano, or Don Ho. || "Darn, that's the end." ||
>||=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=||
>|| "Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck ||

Not enough room for the "Twang!" as his bill gets bent 90 degrees vertical,
eh? That whole scene with Porky as Friar Tuck is a classic, as well as...

"Yoicks, and AWAY!!!
CRASH!
"Yoicks, and awway!"
CRASH!
"Yoicks, and..., away?"
CRASH!

And so forth, with sardonic cutaways to Porky as Robin Hood wipes out the
second growth forest.

--
Tim Bowser ("Strikemaster"), Hardware Maintainer| rutgers!sharkey!lopez!strike
GWN UPLink! BBS, The U.P.'s UNIX Connection | or str...@lopez.UUCP

Amy ?

Sep 17, 1990, 9:08:08 AM9/17/90
In article <1990Aug31....@cbnewsc.att.com> f...@cbnewsc.att.com (The fozman) writes:
>From article <1990Aug30....@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>, by mj...@chaos.cs.Virginia.EDU (Matthew J. Conway):
>> ...and one of the best quotes ever
>>To eggbert Jr. while teaching the fine art of hide-and-seek.

Jr. digs Foggy out of the ground (Figures don't lie.) after he
hides in a bin by the barn. Foggy looks at the bin...

"No, no, I'm not going to look I might just be in there!"

>> --Foghorn Leghorn

Stephen Edmonds

Sep 18, 1990, 10:32:07 AM9/18/90
Does anyone out there remember the title of the Bugs cartoon where he
does the famous square dance routine? Does anyone remember the lyrics?
Does anyone know if it is available on video?

Thanks in advance,
Stephen Edmonds

--
Stephen Edmonds
uucp: ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!sedmonds

Ken Kubey

Sep 18, 1990, 7:13:35 PM9/18/90
In article <13...@hydra.gatech.EDU> sedm...@prism.gatech.EDU (Stephen Edmonds) writes:
>Does anyone out there remember the title of the Bugs cartoon where he
>does the famous square dance routine? Does anyone remember the lyrics?
>Does anyone know if it is available on video?

That sounds like "Hillbilly Hare"

Some random lyrics just from memory:

Promenade across the floor
Promenade out the door
Everybody promenade
whirl, whirl, twist and twirl
jump all around like a flyin' squirrel
don't you cuss and don't you swear
just come right out and form a square
jump right in and splash about
trout, trout, pretty little trout
one more splash and come right out
over the hill and over the dale
duck your head and lift your tail
Bow to your partner
Bow to the gent across the hall
And that is All

Can someone else fill in some more of the gaps?
There were lyrics about:
Pigs (dirty little thing)
Pulling beards, poke in the eye
Falling off the cliff (promenade back?)

Ken Kubey ke...@mips.com

NETO...@ncsuvm.ncsu.edu

Sep 18, 1990, 8:13:11 PM9/18/90
A pair of good quotes from seperate Shows that are even Funnier side by side:

Dale: Oh, you don't wanna eat breakfast here!
Foxglove: Why Not?
Dale: It's Gadget's turn to cook, and everything comes out tasting like
Machine oil.
-- Rescue Rangers, 'Good Times, Bat Times'

"Did anyone ever tell you that you smell like 30-weight motor oil?"

-- Babs Bunny to Duck Vader, 'A Quack in the Quarks'

NETO...@ncsuvm.ncsu.edu

Sep 18, 1990, 8:18:15 PM9/18/90
Many of these come From Rescue Rangers, which has even more ways than
Foghorn Legorn.

'...about a quart low' -- Foghorn Leghorn, et. al.

'Her elevator doesn't quite go to the top floor' -- Monty

'A few sticks short of a bundle' -- Monty

'a few snowflakes short of a blizzard' -- Monty

'A Taco Short of a combination platter.' -- Muldoon

Kevin J Podsiadlik

Sep 18, 1990, 8:34:34 PM9/18/90
Lessee...

In article <41...@mips.mips.COM> ke...@mips.COM (Ken Kubey) writes:
>Promenade across the floor
Sashay right on out the door
Out the door and into the glade, and
>Everybody promenade
I'll pull your beard, you pull mine,
[unclear] like you did before
Break it up with a tug-of-war.

Now into the brook and fish for the trout (?)

>jump right in and splash about
>trout, trout, pretty little trout
>one more splash and come right out

Promenade around the room,
Promenade like a bride n' groom,
Open up the door and step right in,
Close the door and into a spin.

>whirl, whirl, twist and twirl
>jump all around like a flyin' squirrel
>don't you cuss and don't you swear
>just come right out and form a square

All join hands and run like thunder

>over the hill and over the dale
>duck your head and lift your tail

Don't you stray and don't you roam
Turn {quick!} around, promenade home,
Turn around, promenade back.

>Bow to your partner
>Bow to the gent across the hall
>And that is All
>

>Pigs (dirty little thing)
Wallow around in the ol' pig pen
Wallow some more, y'all know how
Wallow around like an old fat sow

Now leave your partner the dirty old thing...

>Pulling beards, poke in the eye

Whop him low and whop him high,
Stick your finger in his eye.
(Don't know where this goes in the song, courtesy Censor Board)

Kevin Podsiadlik
k...@en.ecn.purdue.edu

Kevin J Podsiadlik

Sep 18, 1990, 11:27:01 PM9/18/90
In article <90261.2018...@ncsuvm.ncsu.edu> NETO...@ncsuvm.ncsu.edu writes:
>Many of these come From Rescue Rangers, which has even more ways than
>Foghorn Legorn.

One from RR that I caught out of context:

'I theenk he's a few bunches short of a full banana boat.'
---uttered by a fruit bat.

Kevin
this isn't worth the trouble of a .sig

Scott Sanford

Sep 19, 1990, 7:21:14 PM9/19/90
In article <foobar> NETO...@ncsuvm.ncsu.edu writes:
>Many of these come From Rescue Rangers, which has even more ways than
>Foghorn Legorn.

"Sweet gal, that; a little loose between the ears, though."
-Monty, on Gadget, after she
tossed him off a building.

"Nani iro-no shitagi-o tsuketeru-no?" wyv...@agora.hf.intel.com