...and...

D Peter Maus

Oct 18, 2011, 11:35:08 AM10/18/11

...a little of the glitter has gone out of the world...

--Isaac Asimov.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/18/business/edgar-m-villchur-hi-fi-innovator-dies-at-94.html?hpw

JP

Oct 18, 2011, 1:31:52 PM10/18/11
I couldn't agree more. His work has woven a thread through a lifetime of reading and I used him as reference in more than one college theses.

JP

dave

Oct 18, 2011, 2:02:49 PM10/18/11
I have 4 Cambridge Soundworks Model Six acoustic suspension speakers in
my living room. Made in Massachusetts. I fell in love with the sound of
an AR-3 back in 1964 and have gone through many KLH and Advent and AR and
now CSW speakers. They are superior to speakers costing many times more
money. The design favors cheap drivers. Edgar and Henry are together
again.