State update frequency limit

Sander Dijkhuis

Dec 22, 2008, 10:11:23 PM12/22/08
to Realtime Social Gadgets
Is there a limit to the state update frequency of a gadget? I made a
small
collaborative text editing gadget at
http://student.science.uva.nl/~sqdh/.rtg/kiwi.xml
but I guess the current method (updating after ~each keystroke, which
currently works fluently) would take too much bandwidth.

Sander

Moishe Lettvin

Dec 22, 2008, 10:15:32 PM12/22/08
to realtime...@googlegroups.com
Hey, Sander! There's no way right now to rate-limit gadgets other than by doing so in the gadget itself. I think this is correct, since each gadget probably knows best how to "package up" related changes (eg., your gadget may only send changes on word breaks, or line breaks -- the infrastructure doesn't know about your data at this level).